gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:23:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: www.beachboys45.nl  (Read 89690 times)
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2009, 06:07:25 PM »

DON'T FORGET DOGBONE TO POST THE REST OF THE RAIN BOW

Sorry, I really don't have time to post all of these.  I did post a list on an earlier post....For now..use that as your guide as this is what I have in my collection.   I had a really difficult time getting my scanner to work--you wouldn't believe the hassle--just to do the 6 Jpegs I did (the other three singles).  But if I can get the bugs out completely..then we'll see.  I'm just too busy to pull all of the records out scan them, make sure the scan worked etc, transfer them to the other jpeg sharing website and then post them.   With my scanner not being reliable--I just don't need the headache right now.  Although, I do appreciate your enthusiam.  I would like to see a website with EVERY Starline issue and every variation on the labels printed or at least documented.

For now, I will  look at Beach Head's list of "wants" as he calls it...and see what pieces I can fill in.   I may also include any corrections and additions, he may have missed in his other list.  But just glancing at it earlier...he does have most everything documented quite well.   Hey Beach Head..ya wanna sell me your collection??   

Dogbone  LOL 
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2009, 11:33:29 PM »

hey Everyone--

I just got done going through Beach Head's list of the STARLINE'S he put on his "want" list. 

I have confirmed a lot of them.  On those where he asks about the ALL RIGHTS RESERVED notation..I have a copy of all of those singles..but I'd have to dig out the copies to see if in fact, they have this notation.  The only one I know I have for sure is the WHEN I GROW UP/SHE KNOWS ME TOO WELL with that notation.  For some reason, I remember that one!!  But I'll dig it out and confirm it before I say it exists..thus it's listed as NOT SURE at this point below.

Also, when I say, "NOT SURE"  it means  "I don't know if it exists and I don't know if I may have it in my unsorted boxes of singles. "    When I say, "MIGHT HAVE THIS, WILL HAVE TO DIG" it means that I remember the issue, and may have bought a copy in the near past.    Some things I do remember...but I don't want to say " I can confirm" until I find it, and list it in my book.

6059 - Be True To Your School/In My Room (08/65)
     Tan (dome logo)      I can confirm this one.  I have it.
     Blue (A prefix)            Not Sure
     Blue (X prefix)          I can confirm this one.  I have it.

6095 - Surfin’ Safari/409 (10/66)
     Red/White Target      Might have this. Will have to dig for it.
     Tan (dome logo)        Might have this. Will have to dig for it.
     Blue (A prefix)              I can confirm this one.  I have it.

6105 - Dance, Dance, Dance/Warmth Of The Sun (06/67)
     Tan (C logo) with “All Rights Reserved” notation   D     Not Sure
     Blue (A prefix)      I can confirm this one.  I have it.
     Purple                         Not Sure

6106 - Fun, Fun, Fun/Why Do Fools Fall In Love (06/67)
     Blue (A prefix)           Not Sure
     Blue (X prefix)      I can confirm this one.  I have it.

6107 - Surfer Girl/Little Deuce Coupe (06/67)
     Tan (C logo) with “All Rights Reserved” notation         Not Sure
     Tan (dome logo)    I can confirm this one.  I have it.

6204 - When I Grow Up/She Knows Me Too Well (05/74)
     Tan (C logo) with “All Rights Reserved” notation         Not Sure
     Tan (dome logo)           Not Sure
     Rainbow Colorband        Not Sure
     Purple                                  Not Sure

6205 - Wendy/Little Honda (05/74)
     Tan (C logo) with “All Rights Reserved” notation          Not Sure
     Blue (A prefix)               Not Sure
     Blue (X prefix)          I can confirm this one.  I have it.
     Purple                     Not Sure

6259 - Barbara Ann/Little Honda (06/78)
     Tan (dome logo)        Not Sure

I think it's fair to say, that those which appear to NOT have been issued, were STILL issued, but in such limited quantities, they simply came out and disappeared.  I was lucky to be able to go to a local record store, where I knew the owner..and he would order up all of them for me..when a new label variation came out.  He also had a huge supply of other Beach Boys singles from the past..so..he would also put aside anything I hadn't seen before.  I was able to have "first pick".  But hell, this was about 15-20 years ago..and now you can't find a record store to save your ass.  It's a shame really.  It's all about DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD.

Give me a 7" Vinyl Record anytime.

Hope this helps.  On the other list, I can confirm everything to be correct.  There was only one I didn't have in my collection.  I forgot now.

Dogbone Thud
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:42:21 PM by Dogbone51 » Logged
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2009, 02:35:17 AM »

HEY DOGBONE MY WIFE THANKS YOU. SORTA.  I'VE BEEN TOO DISTRACTED BY THIS STARLINE  TO TEND TO MY OTHER DUTIES.
ANYWAY WE HAVE A LOT IN COMMON  AND SO DOES BEACH HEAD AS WELL AND JEFF WHEREVER HE DISAPPEARED TO.  I WANT TO SEND YOU ALL THE  STARLINE LABELS I HAVE DOGBONE .  HERE'S MY EMAIL TOKENSURFER53@GMAIL.COM  I HAVE  OTHER LABEL VARIATIONS. YOU STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN AROUND TO THAT CANADIAN BLUEBIRDS RED & ORANGE TARGET WHICH IS HARD TO BELIEVE.  I HAVE THE FOLLOWING VARIATIONS 
YELLOW SWIRL
 I GET AROUND RIDGES
CAL GIRLS RIDGES
BAR ANN RIDGES
SURFIN USA  7 DIFFERENT LABEL VARIATIONS
CAP4932 SURFINUSA(CHUCKBERRY)THICKFONT.jpg
CAP4932 SURFINUSA(CHUCKBERRY(THINFONT).jpg
CAP4932 SURFINUSA(BW)THINFONT.jpg
CAP4932 SURFINUSA(BW)prodbyNICKVENET(THINFONT).jpg
CAP4932 SURFINUSA(BW).jpg
CAP4932 SHUTDOWN(BWROGERCHRISTIAN)THINFONT.jpg
CAP4932 SHUTDOWN(BWROGERCHRISTIAN)THICKFONT.jpg
CAP4932 SHUTDOWN(BW)THICKFONT.jpg
CAP4932 SHUTDOWN(BW)prodbyNickVenet(THINFONT).jpg
CAP4932 SHUTDOWN(BW).jpg
PLUS A TON MORE
TOUGHEST ONE FOR ME TO FIND WAS THE CHUCK BERRY THIN FONT.  I HAVE OVER 150 YELLOW SWIRLS . I DIDN'T MESS AROUND WHEN IT CAME TO THE BB.
AND IF YOU DO FIND  WHEN IGUP OR WENDY ON PURPLE. THEN I'LL JUST KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT AND WHITHER AWAY  CUZ I THOUGHT I KNEW MY STARLINES. THERE'S NO POINT IN SCANNING STARLINES THAT ARE ALREADY SCANNED DOGBONE. THAT'S WHY IF I SEND YOU WHAT I ALREADY HAVE THEN YOU CAN FILL IN THE BLANKS . IT'LL BE EASIER ON YOU THAT WAY. DON'T YOU THINK DOGBONE.  AND DO YOU HAVE THE TEN LITTLE INDIANS RED & WHITE
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2009, 03:28:12 AM »

JUST GREAT  JUST WHEN I HOPED THE RED & WHITE TARGET WOULD BE SIMPLE. NOT.  I WENT THRU MINE AND LO AND BEHOLD THERE ARE AT LEAST TWO DIFFERENT VARIATIONS. I HAVE 3 BE TRUE TO  6059 RED & WHITE ONE HAS WHITE PRINTING DOWN AT THE BOTTOM AND THE OTHER HAS BLACK PRINTING.  SG 6107 HAS BLACK PRINT AND DDD6106  HAS WHITE AT THE BOTTOM. I GOT TO START PAYING  ATTENTION.  MINE ARE ALL SCANNED AND READY TO GO.  LOOK CLOSELY AT YOUR RED & WHITE TARGET DOGBONE.  THE 6132 HAS BLACK PRINT OF COURSE THAT'S THE LAST ONE . BUT THAT MADE ME CHECK THE OTHERS TO SEE IF THEY ALL HAD BLACK PRINT . I GUESS NOT.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2009, 04:22:26 AM »

You scanned everything, Tokensurfer, wow,, must have taken some time. I've noticed the variation (black / white lettering at the bottom) as well. Looks like the number of variations is huge.

I guess you're going to send the scans with e-mail. But may I suggest an alternative?
If you use an upload-service, you can send the package as a whole.
- pack all your scans into one zip-file (or rar-file)
- Surf to www.sendspace.com
- browse to the zip-file you're going to upload
- also fill in your e-mailaddress and the addres you'd like to send the download-link to (not necessary btw)
- agree to the terms of service
- send

After uploading you'll receive a download-link, both on the webpage and (if you've filled in an e-mailaddress) on your e-mail.

With that link anyone that receives the link from you can download the zip-file.

But if you prefer e-mail, no problem either (might take more time).

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Beach Head
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2009, 09:35:59 AM »

Revision #1 of THE LIST:

Green Swirl
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (C logo) with “All Rights Reserved” notation
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6060 - Ten Little Indians/She Knows Me Too Well (08/65)
     Green Swirl
     Red/White Target

6081 - Help Me, Rhonda/Do You Wanna Dance? (07/66)
     Green Swirl
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6094 - Surfin’ U.S.A./Shut Down (10/66)
     Green Swirl
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

Green Swirl
     Tan (C logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

Light Green (promo)
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband

Light Green (promo)
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

Light Green (promo)
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6132 - Good Vibrations/Barbara Ann (12/69)
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)

Tan (C logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)

Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband

Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6277 - Little Saint Nick/The Lord’s Prayer (11/81)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6280 - I Get Around/Don't Worry Baby (11/81)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6289 - California Girls/Let Him Run Wild (11/81)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6295 - Sloop John B/You're So Good To Me (11/81)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6330 - Good Vibrations/Wouldn't It Be Nice (??/83)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

--------------------

And the updated "WANT LIST":

Blue (A prefix)

Red/White Target
     Tan (dome logo)

Purple

Blue (A prefix)

Tan (dome logo)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

Blue (A prefix)
     Purple

Tan (dome logo)

It now seems likely that most, if not all, of the variations on the "Want List" do exist; we just have to find and confirm them.  Dogbone's confirmation that a Blue label copy exists of 6205 (Wendy/Little Honda) would seem to indicate that it's never gone out of print, despite the duplication between it and 6259 (Barbara Ann/Little Honda). With more focused searching, I bet we'll turn up a Purple label copy of it, too. The only major question I still have is whether 6204 (When I Grow Up/She Knows Me Too Well) remained in print as long as all the rest, since we have no confirmation of it on the Rainbow Colorband or Purple labels.
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2009, 03:00:31 PM »

JUST GREAT  JUST WHEN I HOPED THE RED & WHITE TARGET WOULD BE SIMPLE. NOT.  I WENT THRU MINE AND LO AND BEHOLD THERE ARE AT LEAST TWO DIFFERENT VARIATIONS. I HAVE 3 BE TRUE TO  6059 RED & WHITE ONE HAS WHITE PRINTING DOWN AT THE BOTTOM AND THE OTHER HAS BLACK PRINTING.  SG 6107 HAS BLACK PRINT AND DDD6106  HAS WHITE AT THE BOTTOM. I GOT TO START PAYING  ATTENTION.  MINE ARE ALL SCANNED AND READY TO GO.  LOOK CLOSELY AT YOUR RED & WHITE TARGET DOGBONE.  THE 6132 HAS BLACK PRINT OF COURSE THAT'S THE LAST ONE . BUT THAT MADE ME CHECK THE OTHERS TO SEE IF THEY ALL HAD BLACK PRINT . I GUESS NOT.

Hey Token--

Yes, I am aware of the different variations on the Red and White Target  Some have black at the bottom and some have white...and there are many variations on the font as well.  I believe I have SURFIN' USA with at least 2-3 different fonts, and HELP ME, RHONDA.  It's the same on the GREEN STARLINE SWIRL.  TEN LITTLE INDIANS/SHE KNOWS ME TOO WELL--I have at least 2, maybe 3 different fonts.  Same with SURFIN' SAFARI and HELP ME RHONDA on that label.  The variations are "endless".

As for your offer to send me all the JPEGS...I see below that SMILE HOLLAND has suggested you use the SENDSPACE, after you make a ZIP file of everything.  When you have that link made up...perhaps you can post it...and I'll take a look, and I'll make an effort to scan anything you don't have.  This might be easier in the long run.  I have a whole box (probably 100-150 different) of Starlines, with some duplicates, and some of the variations on the same issue.   Either way..it'll also take me some time to check, and to determine which ones I have...that are not on your list.  I think doing it like this, will save us both some time.

What do you think??

Dogbone

JeffRetro
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2009, 04:53:57 PM »

Hey, I'm still here (just felt very much under the weather over the weekend though I kept up on reading everyone else's posts).

Here's the remaining green swirl and red/white target photos/scans I have.  The two green swirls are both L.A. pressings.  Capitol changed their fonts in 1968, and I believe the "DDD" and "FFF" targets are L.A. pressings with the GV being an East Coast pressing.  The GV is the only one to have the "Subsidiary" text around the rim, so it dates from July 1968 or after (though we know this didn't come out until 12/29/69 anyway), while the other two are pre-July '68.  As far as the black rim printing, it only shows up on the "Subsidiary" labels and may well be different pressing plants using different printers (I live in L.A. and have rarely seen any black text labels around here by any group - not the the BB's - so i'm guessing the black text might be an East Coast pressing):

« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 05:01:34 PM by JeffRetro » Logged
JeffRetro
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2009, 05:30:15 PM »

Now we have to catalog the Sea of Tunes/Irving Music differences.  Smiley

The sale of Sea of Tunes took place about November 1969, but it took Capitol years to correct it on their label copy.  For example, this copy of "California Girls" on the orange label, which came into use around the summer of 1972:

As far as I can tell from what I've seen the changeover to Irving Music on the label itself took place probably at different times for different releases depending on when a new presssing was warranted, but that they all changed over while on the tan "C" Capitol logo label.  Does that sound right?

And then after that we'll have to compile a list on the blue label Starlines of which ones have Stereo, Mono, or neither listed on them.
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2009, 07:59:26 PM »

HEY DOGBONE MY WIFE THANKS YOU. SORTA. 

YOU STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN AROUND TO THAT CANADIAN BLUEBIRDS RED & ORANGE TARGET WHICH IS HARD TO BELIEVE.    

DO YOU HAVE THE TEN LITTLE INDIANS RED & WHITE

Give my regards to the wife..Hope you weren't to hard on her!!

The Canadian "Bluebirds" on Red and Orange Target--As I said on my other post, I didn't get it off Ebay.  Someone outbidded me at the last minute.  So I don't have it....but I'll look.  Wish I would've saved the JPEG on the Ebay Listing.

As for "Ten Little Indians" on the RED & WHITE Starline.  Yes, I do have it.  It's really not too difficult to find.  I've seen copies on Ebay as recently as a few weeks ago.  You just have to keep your eye out. 

One other thing I'd like to see done..is to see where SURFIN' b/w LUAU came out in the world.

I know of all the US ISSUES, X, Candix 301, 331, Promo  etc...

I know of the ARIOLA Issue in Germany.  I think the A-side is the alternate SURFIN' SAFARI b/w LUAU..am I wrong?

I know of the LONDON Records Issue in Canada.  Blue Label, with Silver Print...has a different #  602?? 

And I know of an Issue in SOUTH AFRICA...but label escapes me.  I.B.C. Records??

There's the US  ERA Issues...I believe it's SURFIN' b/w SURFIN' SAFARI  Era 041, and SURFER GIRL b/w THE FREEZE by Tony and Jo...Era 042...might have the combinations and numbers wrong..(Off the top of my head)

There's the COLLECTIBLES Black Label...Surfin' b/w Laugh Laugh (Beau Brummels)...COL 5130  (Again, off the top of my head..at work).

TRIP Label....Yellow Label, Pink Label, Yellow with Red area, Black with Silver Font etc..   usually SURFIN' b/w SURFIN' SAFARI

ORIGINAL SOUND label...Surfin' with some other artist as the B-side...can't remember.

There's a couple other US labels I think..as well. 

I'm at work, and typing this all from memory.  Anyway...I'm just curious to see how many places the SURFIN' b/w LUAU combination exists, and also where SURFIN' SAFARI (Hite Morgan Version) and SURFER GIRL (Hite Morgan Version) exist as well and were issued on 7" Vinyl.

One more.

Japanese issue of SURFIN b/w SURFIN USA or SURFIN' SAFARI....I believe.

Yes, we're focusing on the STARLINES for now...but just something else to think about to make us all crazy.

Dogbone
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2009, 10:18:53 PM »

SOUNDS GOOD DOGBONE ON HOW WE'RE GOING TO DO IT. AND JEFF GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK IN THE SADDLE.  CAN  YOU CONCENTRATE ON THE GREEN SWIRL THE REST OF THEM I'VE GOT THE RED & WHITE COVERED.  ALL BUT ONE IS NEAR MINT ON THE LABEL.  I'LL TRY AND DO WHAT DOGBONE AND SMILE SUGGESTED IN POSTING THRU THERE
BTW JEFF THIS IS WHAT I GOT ON THE RED & WHITE TARGET. SURFIN USA  HAS THE SUBSIDIARY IN BLACK PRINT LIKE GOOD VIBES.  THE SURFER GIRL R&W HAS BLACK PRINT BUT NO SUBSIDIARY MENTIONED . IT'S LIKE THE WHITE ONE ONLY IT'S BLACK. GEE I SOUND LIKE THAT LADY ON ARCHIE WHEN SHE TRIED TO EXPLAIN RACISM.  I HOPE I DIDN'T CONFUSE ANYONE.
ANYWAY BE TRUE TYS R&W ONE IS WHITE THE OTHER IS BLACK BUT IDENTICAL TO THE WHITE.  I KNEW  I GOOD MAKE THIS CONFUSING.
NOW SMILE  OR JEFF SHOULD DO A VOTE ON WHAT CONFIGURATION WE SHOULD USE  IN  PRESENTING THE STARLINE. 
DO YOU GUYS WANT IT ALL GREEN SWIRL TOGETHER AND R&W AND TAN  BROWN ALL TOGETHER THEN THE BLUE  AND RNBW THEN PURPLE . OR DO YOU WANT  IT TO  GO BY TITLE WITH EACH DIFFERENT STARLINE  SHOWN FOR THAT TITLE . THAT'S THE TWO WAYS  I KNOW THAT MAKES ANY SENSE.  IF THERE'S A THIRD SUGGESTION BY ALL MEANS.  BUT WE SHOULD DECIDE AS A TEAM  WHICH WAY WE SHOULD DO IT.  EVERYONE ON BOARD ON THAT SUGGESTION.
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2009, 11:10:12 PM »

LOL  DOGBONE I JUST GOT IT ON THE SECOND READING   DON'T BE TO HARD ON HER.  I'M A LITTLE SLOW  BUT   AT LEAST  I GOT IT THE SECOND TIME AROUND.
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2009, 11:20:24 PM »

OK JEFF I GET IT THAT'S IT AS FAR AS WHAT YOU HAVE ON THE GREEN SWIRL AND R & W.  AND NOT SO FAST ON FIGURING OUT THAT MESS.  I'LL SEND YOU A COPY OF LITTLE DEUCE COUPE CAP C TAN LABEL SEA OF TUNES  TO YOUR EMAIL.  THOUGH I'VE GOT IT ON YOUTUBE TOKENBEACHBOY54 AS YOU KNOW.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2009, 12:14:21 AM »

One other thing I'd like to see done..is to see where SURFIN' b/w LUAU came out in the world.
I know of the ARIOLA Issue in Germany.  I think the A-side is the alternate SURFIN' SAFARI b/w LUAU..am I wrong?

nope, you're right.

And I know of an Issue in SOUTH AFRICA...but label escapes me.  I.B.C. Records??

RRC or RCC. Surfin' Safari paired with Luau. I have it at home, includes the original companysleeve. IIRC it's the same 45 as the original Canadian Release. (= not Hite Morgan). Need a scan?

btw, I can mention that Surfin'/Luau wasn't released in The Netherlands. First BB release here was Surfin' Safari / 409.

There's the US  ERA Issues...I believe it's SURFIN' b/w SURFIN' SAFARI  Era 041, and SURFER GIRL b/w THE FREEZE by Tony and Jo...Era 042...might have the combinations and numbers wrong..(Off the top of my head)
There's the COLLECTIBLES Black Label...Surfin' b/w Laugh Laugh (Beau Brummels)...COL 5130  (Again, off the top of my head..at work).
TRIP Label....Yellow Label, Pink Label, Yellow with Red area, Black with Silver Font etc..   usually SURFIN' b/w SURFIN' SAFARI
ORIGINAL SOUND label...Surfin' with some other artist as the B-side...can't remember.
There's a couple other US labels I think..as well. 

A lot of them are mentioned in the Surf's Up book. I think the Era reissue was the first in a long series of "Hite Morgan sessions" reissues.
Surfin' / Surfin' Safari = ERA 043
Surfer Girl / The Freeze (Tony & Jo) = ERA 042

Got these recently on Ebay, and other re-issues also regularly pop-up. One simply has to check from time to time.

I'm at work, and typing this all from memory.  Anyway...I'm just curious to see how many places the SURFIN' b/w LUAU combination exists, and also where SURFIN' SAFARI (Hite Morgan Version) and SURFER GIRL (Hite Morgan Version) exist as well and were issued on 7" Vinyl.

Yes, we're focusing on the STARLINES for now...but just something else to think about to make us all crazy.

I think the other re-issues should definitely be discussed in a future thread. But at the moment Starline alone makes me crazy enough.  Razz
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 12:44:50 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2009, 12:55:34 AM »

SOUNDS GOOD DOGBONE ON HOW WE'RE GOING TO DO IT. AND JEFF GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK IN THE SADDLE.  CAN  YOU CONCENTRATE ON THE GREEN SWIRL THE REST OF THEM I'VE GOT THE RED & WHITE COVERED.  ALL BUT ONE IS NEAR MINT ON THE LABEL.  I'LL TRY AND DO WHAT DOGBONE AND SMILE SUGGESTED IN POSTING THRU THERE
BTW JEFF THIS IS WHAT I GOT ON THE RED & WHITE TARGET. SURFIN USA  HAS THE SUBSIDIARY IN BLACK PRINT LIKE GOOD VIBES.  THE SURFER GIRL R&W HAS BLACK PRINT BUT NO SUBSIDIARY MENTIONED . IT'S LIKE THE WHITE ONE ONLY IT'S BLACK. GEE I SOUND LIKE THAT LADY ON ARCHIE WHEN SHE TRIED TO EXPLAIN RACISM.  I HOPE I DIDN'T CONFUSE ANYONE.
ANYWAY BE TRUE TYS R&W ONE IS WHITE THE OTHER IS BLACK BUT IDENTICAL TO THE WHITE.  I KNEW  I GOOD MAKE THIS CONFUSING.
NOW SMILE  OR JEFF SHOULD DO A VOTE ON WHAT CONFIGURATION WE SHOULD USE  IN  PRESENTING THE STARLINE. 
DO YOU GUYS WANT IT ALL GREEN SWIRL TOGETHER AND R&W AND TAN  BROWN ALL TOGETHER THEN THE BLUE  AND RNBW THEN PURPLE . OR DO YOU WANT  IT TO  GO BY TITLE WITH EACH DIFFERENT STARLINE  SHOWN FOR THAT TITLE . THAT'S THE TWO WAYS  I KNOW THAT MAKES ANY SENSE.  IF THERE'S A THIRD SUGGESTION BY ALL MEANS.  BUT WE SHOULD DECIDE AS A TEAM  WHICH WAY WE SHOULD DO IT.  EVERYONE ON BOARD ON THAT SUGGESTION.

I don't really mind which method we use as long as the scans/pictures are described as complete as possible.
So when you save a picture please mention label-type, reg.nr., pressingplant and if necessary font-variations or specific remarks (like Ronda/Rhonda)

So for instance:

= starline green 6081 LA.jpg (or something like that)

That way it's easier to catagorise all scans and pictures.

EDIT:
Reading the methods again, I'd prefer "ordered by type of label" (green, red-target, etc) and within those the different variations, pressing plants. But that's just me. That way we can also order it in the right time-line (which is difficult enough I guess).

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2009, 01:01:55 AM »

I was already thinking of this, and Jeff's scan shown here made me decide to suggest this as well.

Is it possible to get a good overview of the company-sleeves that were used for each Starline re-issue?

(and please don't tell me that there many variations on those as well...  Ahhh!  )

Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2009, 01:35:55 AM »

RRC or RCC. Surfin' Safari paired with Luau. I have it at home, includes the original companysleeve. IIRC it's the same 45 as the original Canadian Release. (= not Hite Morgan). Need a scan?

btw, I can mention that Surfin'/Luau wasn't released in The Netherlands. First BB release here was Surfin'' Safari / 409.
---------------------------------------------

Hello Smile--

I assume you mean this one for the South African copy.  I copied these jpegs from an EBAY listing a few months ago.  I never bid on it.  I simply forgot.  Is this the copy you have??  If so..is the SURFIN' SAFARI side the same version as the GERMAN Ariola single?  Or the common US Hite Morgan one which is on all the reissues??

As for the Canadian issue, I have it on a BLUE LONDON Label...Surfin' b/w Luau I believe...can you scan the Canadian one you mention?  I'm curious.

As for the others...I'm curious to know how many different ones there are.  On the TRIP label..there's at least 5-6 varieties I know about.  But we'll explore these later..I think it's a good idea now to stick to the Starline stuff.

I have a lot of the STARLINES in MINT condition.  One of the few I have that isn't mint, was the GV/BA 6132....most of the others I have with most labels without writing or stickers or rips or wear.  So..TOKEN, with this in mind, when I see yours, I'll dig out mine, and if I have a cleaner copy..I'll try to get it scanned for you.

Is there a permanent place we can set up a website at??   Does anyone know how we'd do it??
Maybe called it  www.beachboysUSAStarlines.com   Now, that could be fun.

Dogbone

Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2009, 02:17:15 AM »

SOUNDS GOOD DOGBONE ON HOW WE'RE GOING TO DO IT.

(These are my answers in YELLOW--DOGBONE      Ok...Whatever works best.  I think it'll be easier for me, at least, to fill in any thing that might be missing.  If this becomes a hassle for you...then we'll try something else

AND JEFF GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK IN THE SADDLE.  CAN  YOU CONCENTRATE ON THE GREEN SWIRL THE REST OF THEM I'VE GOT THE RED & WHITE COVERED.  ALL BUT ONE IS NEAR MINT ON THE LABEL.

Which one does NOT have the MINT label??  If Jeff doesn't have it, I may have it.

I'LL TRY AND DO WHAT DOGBONE AND SMILE SUGGESTED IN POSTING THRU THERE

On the RED and WHITE--we all know about the different variations on the bottom edge printing....so..when you have yours together, both Jeff and myself can add other variations to it.  As I said, I have some with 2-3 different FONT types.  So, there may be more than a few variations on each release.  I'm prepared for this, and will be happy to provide any additional variations, as long as my scanner doesn't go KA-BOOM!!

I vote for putting all the GREEN SWIRL together, then all the RED AND WHITE TARGET, the TAN "C" with no ALL RIGHT RESERVE NOTATIONS...etc.  It can also be done the other way...even though I put all the same labels together..so I know which ones I may need for that Label, rather than which titled.  Any others have thoughts?

And some more stuff for you Token--

Taking Beach Head's list, and what I have in my book and some things I "think" I have (as listed)...Here is a basic list of what I have....and do know..on many of the GREEN SWIRL and RED and WHITE  and TAN Browns..i have more than one copy of these releases, and many have different fonts and variations.  It'll take some time for me to round up everything and be a bit more specific about the variations.  But I think we need to do this in chunks..as we've talked about.  I'm pressed for time, and my scanner is sh*t as I've said, but I will do all I can to provide anything I can..to make this endeavour as complete as possible.  And I do know that there are some things which we all agree may not even exist.  Perhaps..some of the other collectors who are following this thread could step forward and confirm some of the things I have mark as "May not exist" on my list.

So here is every title I do have and unlike Beach Head's list..I've listed these by EACH LABEL....and again, as I said, there are some of these where I have more than 1 or 2 copies, and this may mean, in some cases,  a slight label variatiion, and perhaps a different pressing plant as well.  I'm just going to need a bit of time to start looking at them a bit more closer...that's the time consuming part!!  I'll do my best.

Here you go:  This is based on Beach Head's list and the things I confirmed on his want list, and I've listed them by LABELS, rather than by titles of the songs:

Green Swirl

6059 - Be True To Your School/In My Room                     
6060 - Ten Little Indians/She Knows Me Too Well      
6081 - Help Me, Rhonda/Do You Wanna Dance?             
6094 - Surfin’ U.S.A./Shut Down                                       
6095 - Surfin’ Safari/409                              Should have it. Not Sure

6105 - Dance, Dance, Dance/Warmth Of The Sun        
6106 - Fun, Fun, Fun/Why Do Fools Fall In Love             
6107 - Surfer Girl/Little Deuce Coupe                           Should have it. Not Sure

6060 - Ten Little Indians/She Knows Me Too Well            
6095 - Surfin’ Safari/409                                            Should have it. Not Sure                               
6107 - Surfer Girl/Little Deuce Coupe                                
6132 - Good Vibrations/Barbara Ann                                  

6095 - Surfin’ Safari/409                                         Should have it. Not Sure
6132 - Good Vibrations/Barbara Ann                                   
6204 - When I Grow Up/She Knows Me Too Well              
6205 - Wendy/Little Honda                                             
6259 - Barbara Ann/Little Honda                                     

6095 - Surfin’ Safari/409

Not Sure:
6204 - When I Grow Up/She Knows Me Too Well   MAY BE ONE I HAVE

6095 - Surfin’ Safari/409                                            Should have it. Not Sure

Not Sure these even exist on this label:
6204 - When I Grow Up/She Knows Me Too Well   May not exist
6259 - Barbara Ann/Little Honda                              May not exist   

6277 - Little Saint Nick/The Lord’s Prayer         
6280 - I Get Around/Don't Worry Baby          
6289 - California Girls/Let Him Run Wild          
6295 - Sloop John B/You're So Good To Me       

Not Sure these even exist on this label:
6059 - Be True To Your School/In My Room                     May not exist
6106 - Fun, Fun, Fun/Why Do Fools Fall In Love             May not exist

6330 - Good Vibrations/Wouldn't It Be Nice          

Not Sure this even exists on this label
6204 - When I Grow Up/She Knows Me Too Well      May not exist

6330 - Good Vibrations/Wouldn't It Be Nice          

Not Sure this even exists on this label:
6105 - Dance, Dance, Dance/Warmth Of The Sun       May not exist
6204 - When I Grow Up/She Knows Me Too Well      May not exist

=====================

I did it like this, as it may be easier to get each group together, and then start filling in the blanks.  I would personally like to see it done this way..as I think it's easier to look at, and then see what might be missing. 

With the Holiday weekend coming up..I'm going to go through about 10 boxes of Beach Boys singles I have..and pull out any other STARLINES I have, which are not in my STARLINE box already.  I'm pretty sure, this list above will be all but complete, except for ONE or TWO, and  for those we all agree MAY not exist.

Dogbone
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 02:35:34 AM by Dogbone51 » Logged
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2009, 02:23:24 AM »

I was already thinking of this, and Jeff's scan shown here made me decide to suggest this as well.

Is it possible to get a good overview of the company-sleeves that were used for each Starline re-issue?

(and please don't tell me that there many variations on those as well...  Ahhh!  )

Are you kidding?  There must be at least 10 different sleeves...well I know there's a lot.

Original STARLINE (like the one pictured on Jeff's scan)
Starline TARGET--some are RED, some are more ORANGE, and there's even a GREEN Variation
Grey (with Purple Starlines)
Black type (with BLUE)
Black (from the RAINBOW)
Silver (from various)

Well, that's eight of them..off the top of my head.

Dogbone Ahhh!
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2009, 02:26:45 AM »

LOL  DOGBONE I JUST GOT IT ON THE SECOND READING   DON'T BE TO HARD ON HER.  I'M A LITTLE SLOW  BUT   AT LEAST  I GOT IT THE SECOND TIME AROUND.

Hey Token--

I had to go back and read it again!! LOL!!  I didn't even realize I had said that!!  HA HA HA!!

What I meant, is that I'm sure you've been telling your wife about all of this "new" information, and discovering others as warped as yourself about variations etc....  I meant, I hope you talking about all of this stuff wasn't making her crazy!!  You know??

Well...forgive me...even though it is funny.  I'm sure she thinks we're all a little nuts.

We are. Aren't we?

Dogbone Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2009, 03:49:53 AM »

I assume you mean this one for the South African copy.  I copied these jpegs from an EBAY listing a few months ago.  I never bid on it.  I simply forgot.  Is this the copy you have??  If so..is the SURFIN' SAFARI side the same version as the GERMAN Ariola single?  Or the common US Hite Morgan one which is on all the reissues??

As for the Canadian issue, I have it on a BLUE LONDON Label...Surfin' b/w Luau I believe...can you scan the Canadian one you mention?  I'm curious.

Yep, that's the one, it looks like my copy is in a slightly better condition (the sleeve I mean), but it's definitely te same. From what I understood from another fan the South African pressing used the same versions as the original Canadian release.

But - sorry to disappoint you on that - unfortunately I don't have the Canadian release.

Is there a permanent place we can set up a website at??   Does anyone know how we'd do it??

Now that would be a good idea. O, if only had the knowledge to set-up something like that...

TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2009, 04:51:09 PM »

THERE SEEMS TO BE NO MORE THAN 4 DIFFERENT BROWN TAN AVAOCADO LABEL VARIATIONS MY SURFIN USA HAS 4 DIFF VARIATIONS. I COULD FIND NO MORE THAN THAT.  THAT WAS MY REASON FOR DOING THIS SO WE CAN PUT IT ON SOME SITE. I'LL FIGURE IT OUT SOMEHOW. I'VE GOT EVERYTHING SCANNED I DO HAVE DIFFERENT GREEN SWIRL VARAITIONS THAN JEFF HAS. SO THAT'S GOOD. BE TRUE SUFFIN USA AND TEN LITTLE INDIANS  CURIOUSLY THE RADIO STAION STAMPED DATE IT OCT 4 69 TEN LITTLE INDIANS GREEN SWIRL..
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2009, 10:00:35 PM »

I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A ZIP FILE FOR THIS MAC I JUST BOUGHT IT A FEW WEEKS AGO. I UNDERSTAND MY OLD MAC BETTER. IT HAS A ZIP. BUT THIS ONE DOESN'T. IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING. AND YES YOU GOTTA BE A LITTLE  BIT NUTS DOGBONE TO GET THIS DETAILED. DO YOU KNOW BEST OF VOL .1 STARLINE DOGBPNE OR ANYONE.  DOES ANYONE HAVE A PURPLE LABEL BEST OF.   I HAVE A RAINBOW AND PURPLE LABEL OF ENDLESS SUMMER. I SCANNED ALL THE CAPITOL LPS YRS AGO COVER AND LABEL.
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2009, 09:00:20 PM »

HELLO  IS ANYBODY STILL AROUND . IT'S THE MEMORIAL DAY WEKEND IN THE STATES. SO I GUESS NOT. BUT THIS IS WHAT I FIGURED OUT.  I'M PUTTING IT ON FACEBOOK IT'S PERFECT FOR THIS KIND OF THING WE'RE DOING. I HAD TO USE TRIAL AND ERROR TO FIGURE IT OUT. BUT ONCE I DID IT'S WORKING THE WAY IT SHOULD. I'LL GIVE THE PASSWORD FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO CONTRIBUTE LIKE DOGBONE JEFF BEACH HEAD SMILE ETC...  IT'S A COMMUNITY BEACHBOYS SITE. I 'M NOT USING MY REAL NAME ON THEIR. AND I JUST WANT IT FOR ONLY THE BEACH BOYS.  YOU CAN PUT 200 PHOTOS IN EACH PHOTO ALBUM TITLE  WHICH WILL BE PERFECT FOR WHAT WE'RE DOING.  I'M TOKENSURFER ON THERE. AND IT'S TITLED BEACH BOYS STARLINE REISSUES. I'VE GOT THE GREEN AND RED & WHITE ON THERE. NEXT IS THE BROWN TAN AVOCADO. A LITTLE MORE OF A CHALLENGE. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TO OUR AMERICAN BRETHREN.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2009, 11:04:17 PM »

And in the mean while I AM busy trying to built up a website. Don't expect a lot of high tech tricks, but it will be functional. I'll keep you updated...

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx