gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 05:27:09 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Rare Pictures (picture heavy, sorry)  (Read 39264 times)
al
Smiley Smile Associate

Home again Home again jiggety jig...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2006, 01:08:44 PM »

Ok

This isn't gospel but my stab would be

1,2 1966, 3 1970, 4-7 1976, 8 1977, 9 1980, 10 1982/3, 11,12 1976, 13 1970 (and it certainly does look like he was added - he was on the CATP back cover as well), 14,15 1976/77, 16 1985, 17 1981?.

There or therabouts.
runalot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2006, 03:19:55 PM »

Thanks for the reply, man. :D

The things she does to me when she makes love to me...
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2006, 04:27:11 PM »

Quote from: runalot
"Okay. Brian's hat in the previous picture is cool compared to Bruce's hippy headband. What year was this picture taken?"

Very late 1969 - early 1970.

"Californ-IA. What year was this picture taken?"

Looks like 1979 to me.

"A nice shot of the guys sitting on top of their records MINUS Johnston. He must've been busy writing songs for Barry Manilow. What year was this picture taken?"

"Obviously some article around the 'brian is back' era."

People Magazine, 1976.

"Looks like Mike and Brian are playing ATARI or something. What year was this picture taken?"

I'd say 1972-73, which is pre-Atari, isn't it?

"If you're trying to get someone into The Beach Boys, make sure they NEVER see this photo. I can picture VOLTRON in back of them. I really can. What year was this picture taken?"

"Mike Love needs to eat a meal. Brian looks out of it (I mean, REALLY, out of it). What year was this picture taken?"

"Al looks a little warmly dressed. What year was this picture taken?"

Looks like 1975. Definitely mid-70s.

"Brian Wilson looks like he was put there by use of Photoshop. Am I right or is it real? What year was this picture taken?"

1970-71 and much too early for Photoshop. I'm pretty sure it's real -- Brian's in all the versions of the photo I've seen. It does look like Photoshop (or the analog technique) was used to fade down the background a bit. Note the sharp edges around Brian and Dennis.

What year was this picture taken?

Mid-70s, probably 1975-76.

"The Beach Boys shooting a video called RIO with Duran Duran (not shown). What year was this picture taken?"

Circa 1976, onbaord Dennis' beloved yacht, The Harmony

Probably taken a little after Dennis' death.

Yes, early 1984.

Compost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2006, 04:29:57 PM »

Shocked
Nice velcro shoes, Al.
RobtheNobleSurfer
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2006, 05:06:19 PM »

Shocked
Nice velcro shoes, Al.

Care for a round of minaiature golf?
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2006, 05:08:51 PM »

This thread is the perfect opportunity for someone to FINALLY scan the 20/20 eyechart with Brian.  Please, for the love of...whoever.
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2006, 07:25:40 PM »

Yeah, I've never seen that either. AND I REALLY FUCKIN' WANT TO! I've been trying to get 20/20 on vinyl just so I can see that picture. Someone on this board has to have it for christ sake.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Third Coast
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2006, 08:20:39 PM »

Re: photo number 7...the one of them sitting around a rock wall that looks like it's a lodge or something, I'm pretty sure that was taken at Caribou Ranch in 1974.  If I remember right, this photo was in the 1975 concert program book.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2006, 08:48:51 PM »

i have it on vinyl but it's still in the wrap! i'm sorry everyone...by the way, i found a radio promo of 20/20 with FREE etched out in holes in on the top of it...any heard of this find?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
runalot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2006, 08:52:10 PM »

This thread is the perfect opportunity for someone to FINALLY scan the 20/20 eyechart with Brian.

I'm lost. What is this eyechart you guys are talking about?

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2006, 08:55:28 PM »

there's a pic in the gatefold for 20/20 vinyl of Brian w/ an eye chart...why it's not in the 2-fer booklet is beyond me!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
runalot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2006, 09:08:36 PM »

COOL! Someone... post it :D

Mark H.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2006, 09:14:39 PM »

I'll dig it up and see if I can scan it in.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2006, 09:17:58 PM »

I said 1984 above on this one, but I was wrong. It was taken in 1985.
al
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2006, 05:55:53 AM »

I do have the eyechart but I don't know how to scan it on my A4 scanner! I suppose its a photoshop job......
runalot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2006, 06:22:01 AM »

If you scan it in pieces, send them to me, then I'll put it together in PS for people to see. (just in case you don't have the time).

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2006, 07:47:45 AM »

take digital pic?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2006, 09:13:44 AM »

The eyechart was also included in the "stand alone" 20/20 CD.  That should be easy enough to scan. I gave my copy away. Sorry.
SMiLEY
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated Ruins Domino

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2006, 10:11:55 AM »

The sheer number of fashion violations in these pics is hard to ignore! I love the BB's but they needed a dresser! Badly! (except Dennis, of course!)

Look! Listen! Vibrate! SMiLE!
JRauch
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2006, 10:24:51 AM »

Mike Love RULES on that picture!!!  Grin

Dance as if no one's looking. Wrestle things out to bring moment to your own sense of discovery, and make the world a better place. This is no time for whiners.  –  Van Dyke Parks
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2006, 12:06:40 PM »

Seems to me that eye chart is in miniature on my 20/20 pre-twofer CD (20/20 by itself)

Also, By the way Punkinhead, I have a vinyl copy of FRIENDS with the word FREE punched in wholes on the covers. Its a promo from that era I bought  from the collection of a retired local DJ.
al
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2006, 05:50:23 PM »

I apologise for the poor quality of these but they will do till somene sticks a better one up! The other shots are too big - i'll try and sort them out tomorrow!

[attachment deleted by admin]
runalot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2006, 05:56:02 PM »

SWEET! Thanks for posting it, man. :D

Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2006, 07:56:25 PM »

Thanks!  Grin

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2006, 08:33:42 PM »

Yes! thank you!
say, what was brian's involvement in 20/20? I mean, i know what songs are his: i went to sleep, do it again, time to get alone, prayer, cabinessence...but what work did he do on it at that time? did he help out on nearest or be with me?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx