gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 08:13:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why is Melinda Opposed to A Reunion?  (Read 10926 times)
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2009, 08:38:56 AM »

I don't know the "truth" but my understanding runs along the lines of Billy; it is a hoot to hear your maturity Billy as I think back to the you who was new the boards back when.

As far as Mike's suit against BDub being business, this is their business after. Unless someone knows different the only suit I've seen was Mike v. Irving Almo et al with Brian being one of the eight or so of the et al individuals and corporations. Many question the quality of Mike's evidence but there were days of it and it convinced a jury, so it seems to me that question is questionable. Re. Tony Asher, I don't disbelieve either he or Mike but again whatever the evidence it convinced a jury. No I'm not saying juries are infallible.

I wouldn't blame the Boys for wanting to work with Brian without outside interference either, if I were them I would want our naturalness to thrive [witness Jon's impression on top of Capitol]; I think they are all hungry to recapture that place where Brian said "jump" and they "said how high?"

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2009, 11:42:37 AM »

Gotta say something real quick... Brian did not make up the name Rhonda. I had a great aunt named Rhonda who if she were still alive would be older than Brian. Also, don't forget Rhonda Shear, who was born 7 years before the BB even formed!

LOL I don''t know how all that started. The first time I read an interview where Brian claimed to make up that name, I just had to shake my head.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2009, 12:40:47 PM »

RHONDA
Usage: English
Pronounced: RAHN-də  [key]
Probably intended to mean "good spear" from Welsh rhon "spear" and da "good", but possibly influenced by the name of the Rhondda Valley in South Wales, which means "noisy". It has been in use only since the 20th century. Its use may have been partially inspired by Margaret Mackworth, Viscountess Rhondda (1883-1956), a British feminist.
http://www.behindthename.com/name/rhonda

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Dr. Tim
Smiley Smile Associate

"Would you put a loud count on it for us please?"

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2009, 01:55:13 PM »

Umm, there's a wee bit of revisionism going on here.  Don't forget, folks, there were TWO Mike lawsuits against Brian.  The first, pretty much all the cognoscenti agree, had some merit.  The second from 2005 - in which, among other things,  Mike really claimed Smile was a Beach Boys project and Brian misappropriated it and Mike deserved a piece of it - seems to have been lost in this discussion.  Never mind who manipulated who then and now.  Assuming Melinda's report is true of what Mike told Brian after Mike's deposition - "get out your checkbook" - that, on top of Mike's case being thrown out on summary judgment after all that noise - would frost anyone's cookies.  This is probably a key reason the BB reunion idea keeps running aground.

Don't believe me?  Go back and read Mike's 2005 complaint.  DJ M posted it here back when the thing got filed.

Hey kids! Remember:
mono mixes suck donkey dick
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2009, 01:57:27 PM »

Three, actually - don't forget Brian's pseudo-biography.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2009, 02:00:15 PM »

Three, actually - don't forget Brian's pseudo-biography.

I remember hearing about this, but don't recall much about it.  I know Audree was involved too...a defamation action I would assume?
Dr. Tim
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »

Once again I bow to Andrew's superior knowledge.  True, there was that libel suit over the "autobiography".  But that one just sort of went away, didn't it, much as the book did?  (meaning it settled out of court, I don't recall any decision regarding it being reported)

Hey kids! Remember:
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2009, 02:19:34 PM »

You're entirely correct - out of court settlement.  Smiley

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2009, 05:44:04 PM »

Out of court settlement for defamation against who?  Mike Love?
SG7
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2009, 06:16:26 PM »

Actually who knows and if I did know it wouldn't make a difference.  Grin
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 06:37:09 PM by SurferGirl7 » Logged
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2009, 07:23:08 PM »

I don't know if I'm the supposed revisionist but my comment was about the suit that was under discussion over 30 some copyrights .  Everyone always puts it as Mike v. Brian but that's not exactly true I don't think; unless someone knows of another Mike v. Brian suit over those 30 some copyrights, that would explain it.

Dr. Tim
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2009, 06:01:41 AM »

The suit over the 30 copyrights was the first one, as you say, with Almo Music and others.  That was the one that had some merit, where Brian's then-management picked the wrong horse in choosing to fight what would be a losing battle.  The revisionism - and it wasn't you who said it - was in the other posts which suggested it was that first suit that created all the bad blood and is preventing the reunion.  My point was, wait a tic, there's this much more recent one from 2005 which (considering how it ended) probably created a lot more bad blood than the first one over did.

Hey kids! Remember:
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2009, 06:30:28 AM »

Ah, good, I wasn't very clear in my post.

I wonder what it would cost to get the court documents on the Love v. Almo trial or any of the trials for that matter?

urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2009, 08:26:26 AM »

If you put the case number up, I will take a look into it.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2009, 04:06:21 AM »

If you put the case number up, I will take a look into it.

Great.

I have the case number from that lawyer search thingy but so far haven't found it. Still looking...

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx