gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681111 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 11:01:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you are interested-some updates to Bellagio Gigs/Sessions.....  (Read 1068 times)
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2009, 05:33:21 AM »

Just thought I'd mention that while AGD has been very busy, Bellagio continues to be updated as time permits. For those that don't look that often-1961-1987 are currently up-with new updates added this week to 1961-68.  Recent changes include- 1) A new 1963 show-Apr 20-a ticket stub exists for this show  2) Sept 3 1965-a show in Utica-for which I found an ad and review-amusingly the Utica photog got the BBs to hold up the Beatles Help album  3) Some clarification of the 66 European tour-BBs in Austria on Oct 31 and different acts on the bill in Denmark than listed in Badman's book  4) April 19 1967 show in Ohio  5) If you haven't looked lately-the April 68 tour had to be drastically altered-as it turned out that despite the twenty years of stories to the contrary, only a small number of shows were canceled and it was not the disaster always thought
6) A Nov 1968 Cleveland show-This comes from an interview the group did after their 3 PM Canton show-where they informed the reporter they were playing in the Cleveland area that night.  I found no ads in the Cleveland Plains Dealer-possibly the show was at a College.    7) There are a slew of updates to be added to 1969-87 as time permits=including a May 1969 St Louis show, a Nov 1971 St Louis show, A Nov 1972 Columbia, SC show  Cool Jan 6 1977 show listed as Miami was at Hollywood Sportatorium   9) A number of June 1979 shows...etc-all that and 1988 will be up at some point soon, for now only 1961-68 updates are up
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 09:19:52 AM »

once again, thank you ian and andrew for all this research and work.

one thing ian....i was looking at 1978 shows. on august 27th the group played a festival in cincinnati, ohio. you show the august 27th charleston, wva show being cancelled..which it was. in the comment section it says that the charleston show was cancelled because of rain delaying the cincinnati shows so the charleston show had to be cancelled. i bought tickets for the charleston show. still have them. i know time fogs the memory but that is not how i remember it. i remember the charleston show was scheduled and tickets were sold. then, before the 27th, it was cancelled. i remember it being said the group was going to play a bigger show that day in cincinnati. i remember it happening as the show was cancelled days before the cincinnati show. i was disappointed because i could not go to cincinnati that day. i do know it was not cancelled the day of the show.

anyway, that is how i remember it going down.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:25:06 AM by Steve Mayo » Logged

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx