gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 05:06:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 57683 times)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 19, 2011, 08:34:35 AM »

I see album cover images are non-PC around here-----pity!

Just been listening to Philosophy of the World by The Shaggs, following a comment in another thread.

If POTW was Zappa's third favourite album, what could nos. 1 and 2 have been? Anybody know? :=|   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 20, 2011, 10:53:57 PM »

Petra Haden Sings The Who Sell Out

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 21, 2011, 07:45:35 AM »

I am listening to a compilation of Miriam Makeba songs. I'm not entirely sure of the time frame but I'd have to guess 1950s to '70s? I don't know how I didn't do this sooner though, it's so good!
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 22, 2011, 12:52:26 AM »

Carl's Big Chance!!!

What a bitchin' song.

No mas, por favor.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 22, 2011, 03:38:39 PM »

This Song is Over- The Who...............so good! First time I heard it was on Freaks and Geeks, loved it ever since!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 22, 2011, 03:48:44 PM »

This Song is Over- The Who...............so good! First time I heard it was on Freaks and Geeks, loved it ever since!
Who's Next is one of my favorite albums because of songs like "this song is over" and others on that album that get me pumped up.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 22, 2011, 04:12:19 PM »

Besides Giligan's Island and Happy Days, Freaks and Geeks is my favorite show....so much great music, great script, and great acting.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 23, 2011, 08:20:15 PM »

Love F&G! And Undeclared, and pretty much all of Judd Apatow`s work...including 40 Year Old Virgin, Superbad, Pineapple Express, etc.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 23, 2011, 09:38:49 PM »

Funny this should come up - I'm working my way through the Freaks and Geeks series for the second time.

Also, on topic:

I'm going through a huge Neil Young phase right now. I've always loved the big albums like Goldrush, Everybody Knows, Tonight's The Night, Harvest, Rust Never Sleeps, etc. But I've been exploring some of the lesser knowns and later albums which were hits but that I never heard. I absolutely love American Stars n' Bars - it's a vastly underrated album in the Young discography. I also really like Ragged Glory. I'd love to say I love Trans but I've yet to gain the confidence to get the whole album. Still "Transformer Man" is a great track. And, really, what is most impressive about the guy is his incredible versatility and that he's still producing music that seems true to the artistic vision he had going back to his earliest recordings (which, you can't really say for many artists who came out of the 60s).
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 15, 2011, 04:36:08 AM »

Godfrey Daniels 'Take A Sad Song'. Doo-wop covers done by a 'mystery band' in '72 of stuff like Purple Haze, Dance To The Music, Proud Mary.... and two versions of Hey Jude! It is literally my happy place. Horrifyingly out of print, though. Definitely scour ebay for it.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx