gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681011 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 05:51:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steve Hoffman to remaster "Pet Sounds" again  (Read 23890 times)
Outie 315
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2009, 05:42:33 AM »

You mean I have to go out and purchase another version of
  Pet Sounds ?
  I must own over 20 copies.
  I figured the Warm & Fuzzy was going
  to be the final release..........

Dam!

Outie
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2009, 01:08:49 PM »

Now here is what I find interesting. In 1982 (Sunshine Dreams) and 1984 (Pet Sounds tape and LP), WIBN is in mono, and not a fold-over mono. So when exactly was the master reel lost? Also, WIBN released by Warners in the 70's was duophonic. SO who knows what happened there.

No, WIBN is mono on the Warners pressing.  There's two versions of the 80's green label capitol, one with WIBN in mono (presumably the NY tape) and one with it in duophonic.
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2009, 02:10:41 PM »

Now here is what I find interesting. In 1982 (Sunshine Dreams) and 1984 (Pet Sounds tape and LP), WIBN is in mono, and not a fold-over mono. So when exactly was the master reel lost? Also, WIBN released by Warners in the 70's was duophonic. SO who knows what happened there.

No, WIBN is mono on the Warners pressing.  There's two versions of the 80's green label capitol, one with WIBN in mono (presumably the NY tape) and one with it in duophonic.

Sorry. I meant the single. I was just litening to it. It was released at the time the song appeared in the movie Shampoo. The LP is in mono. But all PS tracks are in duo on the GV - Best Of The BB LP from Warners. Hell, all the mono tracks are.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx