gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:30:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pro Shot Beach Boys Concerts  (Read 262405 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 10, 2019, 09:51:28 AM »

C-man was the source of that set-list. We’re you there? Looked like an amazing setting and atmosphere.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 10, 2019, 02:05:09 PM »

That looks like an incredible set. Oh, how I'd love to hear and see stuff like Surf's Up, Here She Comes, Do It Again, and Jumpin Jack Flash in pristine quality. That set shows a great balance between "now and then" and it seems like they're given equal respect, set list wise.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #477 on: October 11, 2019, 01:34:24 AM »

Hi rocker.   i think it is from boston. Yes to toni—- she began touring with them in march 72.

She seems to be holding a tambourine here, I believe.
Must've been quite an experience to see the band at this time  3D

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 06, 2019, 01:38:49 PM »

Ok Rocker. Here’s one for you which you will have to make the call.

Professional? Could’ve been paid then the check bounced as the MC has a bit of a reputation for stiffing contractors.  Wink

Mar-a- Lago 1999
https://youtu.be/FlNcL_L5e_k

Grin

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #479 on: November 06, 2019, 02:51:26 PM »

Ok Rocker. Here’s one for you which you will have to make the call.

Professional? Could’ve been paid then the check bounced as the MC has a bit of a reputation for stiffing contractors.  Wink

Mar-a- Lago 1999
https://youtu.be/FlNcL_L5e_k

Grin

LOL

Yeah, it was just posted in the youtube thread and in my answer I mentioned the irony of Bruce calling Trump "one of the great financial succes stories of the 20th century". Bruce of course was in no position to know the truth but his description is so far off the truth.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,2412.msg655233.html#msg655233

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
DennysDrums83
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: November 11, 2019, 10:08:38 AM »

Anyone know what the deal is with the August 1972 concert in Boston?  If it was pro shot, why hasn't it been released?  I don't know if I have ever seen footage from it.  Looking at the set list, I would love to see that show in its entirety.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #481 on: November 12, 2019, 03:30:20 AM »

Anyone know what the deal is with the August 1972 concert in Boston?  If it was pro shot, why hasn't it been released?  I don't know if I have ever seen footage from it.  Looking at the set list, I would love to see that show in its entirety.

I seriously doubt it was pro-shot in its entirety - more likely, a little bit of footage was shot for the local TV news.
DennysDrums83
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 12, 2019, 07:06:01 AM »

I seriously doubt it was pro-shot in its entirety - more likely, a little bit of footage was shot for the local TV news.

That's extremely unfortunate.  I would love to see a pro shot concert from this time period that is complete.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: September 14, 2020, 01:48:33 PM »

I could add to the April 19th 1980 show.

- Jack Rieley
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 14, 2020, 05:54:49 PM »

That's extremely unfortunate.  I would love to see a pro shot concert from this time period that is complete.

Their live peak.

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: November 10, 2020, 01:48:35 AM »

I added a show by Mike and the Endless Summer band from June 1990 in Japan, that was recently uploaded.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: December 18, 2020, 12:17:34 PM »

I added a lonk to a TV report for the show on May 8th 1983

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: December 24, 2020, 07:25:36 AM »

Found a news report of the show on May 2nd 1982 and added the youtube link to the list. Despite the reporter mentioning Dennis, it looks like he wasn't there.

- Jack Rieley
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #488 on: December 24, 2020, 07:48:56 AM »

Found a news report of the show on May 2nd 1982 and added the youtube link to the list. Despite the reporter mentioning Dennis, it looks like he wasn't there.

Someone who was there has said that Dennis showed up onstage late...after being seen before the show entering the locker room area with an attractive young lady...
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #489 on: December 25, 2020, 02:19:01 AM »

Someone who was there has said that Dennis showed up onstage late...after being seen before the show entering the locker room area with an attractive young lady...

Who else but Dennis

But I guess he didn't get the big announcement, driving up in a car

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #490 on: January 02, 2021, 03:38:57 AM »

Does anyone know where this comes from? Unfortunately quite a bit of the early 90s footage-links in the list don't work anymore, so it is possible that we already have an entry for this show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc8OG7Ts-bQ

BTW check out the rehearsal footage later in the clip.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 03:39:59 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #491 on: January 02, 2021, 08:58:05 AM »

Here's some footage I saw on youtube from Jan. 17th 1988. With Brian, without Carl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykZdeRkCmAo

- Jack Rieley
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 02, 2021, 10:09:02 AM »

Does anyone know where this comes from? Unfortunately quite a bit of the early 90s footage-links in the list don't work anymore, so it is possible that we already have an entry for this show:

Hi Rocker AND Happy New Year to you

These (I beleive) are snips from the 30th Ann Special (An Irish Production) - PLMW is certainly from the Glasgow show of 1991, and indeed there is some Wembley Arena footage from the same tour
I have the whole thing (somewhere) on VHS tape and might get a buddy to upload it one day

Hope this helps
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #493 on: January 02, 2021, 10:23:58 AM »

Hi Rocker AND Happy New Year to you

These (I beleive) are snips from the 30th Ann Special (An Irish Production) - PLMW is certainly from the Glasgow show of 1991, and indeed there is some Wembley Arena footage from the same tour
I have the whole thing (somewhere) on VHS tape and might get a buddy to upload it one day

Hope this helps

Hey Rob,
happy new year to you too! Thanks!
That helps alot. Thank you

- Jack Rieley
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 02, 2021, 11:09:37 PM »

Here’s a 6/10/96 performance at the TNN Music City News Country Awards I don’t see listed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVXR3zPq4S0
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 11:12:26 PM by “Big Daddy” » Logged

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #495 on: January 03, 2021, 02:39:35 AM »

Here’s a 6/10/96 performance at the TNN Music City News Country Awards I don’t see listed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVXR3zPq4S0

Thanks!
The TNN Music City Awards show was just that one song I believe. That's why it's not listed. Was it more than that song, a whole show?
You're link seems to have different TV segments from that time. Good to see the guys together. The interview on Crook&Chase has some nice Carl moments. And I didn't see the interview (including Brian) on "Prime Time Country" before, just the performances.

- Jack Rieley
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 03, 2021, 09:45:27 AM »

Thanks!
The TNN Music City Awards show was just that one song I believe. That's why it's not listed.

Whoops, I should have looked at the criteria at the top of your post! My bad. That’s the only song they performed as far as I’m aware.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 09:46:10 AM by “Big Daddy” » Logged

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #497 on: January 08, 2021, 06:25:37 AM »

In addition to some pictures through the years, I added a link to an Al Jardine & Endless Summer Band show from Oct. 8th 2010, that I hadn't seen before. Check out Al playing the intro to "Fun, Fun, Fun":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyfZNut6gQs
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 06:29:19 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #498 on: January 21, 2021, 09:32:21 AM »

Added a link with a better quality version of the video from May 26th 1981.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC_17FB7Xgc

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: January 23, 2021, 09:27:33 AM »

Video link to Al, Matt and Adam Jardine performing "Surfer Girl" on Dec. 5th 2010 added.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx