gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:19:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pro Shot Beach Boys Concerts  (Read 262371 times)
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: July 04, 2016, 01:56:09 PM »

GoPro makes wearable POV video cameras.
The Cool One
Smiley Smile Associate

WOW

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 31, 2016, 10:10:34 AM »

It occurs to me that if you are using TV concerts before a live studio audience that you are missing the two Ed Sullivan appearances and the concert done in Amsterdam for Twien on December 14 1968. Clips of this show in American band documentary don't show the audience but you can see the whole show on YouTube and there was a audience
My wish is see the complete amsterdam twien show (I posted that in some threads but none answered me)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 03, 2016, 03:38:46 PM »

Several 'Night At The Proms' clips up on you tube. Was this Germany late last year?

https://youtu.be/b4ZV_nhhiSI
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 03, 2016, 05:57:30 PM »

This Night Of The Proms clip is great! Bruce's range is still very impressive.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: October 04, 2016, 12:19:58 PM »

Several 'Night At The Proms' clips up on you tube. Was this Germany late last year?

Thank you!

Even after trying a couple of minutes, I couldn't find out from which show it comes. It's from a bavarian TV station so I'd guess Munich, but I couldn't find oictures with matching clothes. Here are the dates of the tour:

01.12. Frankfurt, Festhalle
02.12. Frankfurt, Festhalle
03.12. Hannover, TUI Arena
04.12. Hamburg, Barclaycard Arena
05.12. Hamburg, Barclaycard Arena
06.12. Bremen, ÖVB-Arena
08.12. Berlin, Mercedes-Benz Arena
09.12. Erfurt, Messehalle
11.12. München, Olympiahalle                                (Munich)
12.12. München, Olympiahalle
13.12. München, Olympiahalle
15.15. Stuttgart, Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle
16.12. Mannheim, SAP Arena
17.12. Dortmund, Westfalenhalle 1
18.12. Köln, LANXESS arena                                    (Cologne)
19.12. Köln, LANXESS arena
20.12. Oberhausen, König-Pilsener-ARENA

So until we have the correct date I will add it for Dec. 2015

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: October 05, 2016, 02:22:43 AM »

Thank you!

Even after trying a couple of minutes, I couldn't find out from which show it comes. It's from a bavarian TV station so I'd guess Munich, but I couldn't find pictures with matching clothes. Here are the dates of the tour:

06.12. Bremen, ÖVB-Arena

There are videos on YT

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: October 05, 2016, 08:36:21 AM »

Thank you!

Even after trying a couple of minutes, I couldn't find out from which show it comes. It's from a bavarian TV station so I'd guess Munich, but I couldn't find pictures with matching clothes. Here are the dates of the tour:

06.12. Bremen, ÖVB-Arena

There are videos on YT

Thank you! Then I probably only saw pictures of one (or two) of those show but not the right one...

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 12, 2016, 04:00:07 AM »

sounds like sh*t tbh
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 12, 2016, 08:11:15 PM »

Why are there 3 people singing the lead on Sloop John B? Not their best work. Seems like Mike's band has always struggled finding someone to sing Sloop John B well. Those 2 songs are 2 of their weakest in my mind. Mike's group does a nice job on many songs. Those songs not so much. They require strong leads.
The Cool One
Smiley Smile Associate

WOW

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 13, 2016, 06:10:06 AM »

I don´t think that twien is performed because they don´t sing at that era the " You Know It Seem the more..." part in wouldn´t it be nice but we can see it at in the partial video I have seen: https://youtu.be/lD4sxxoJGkA?t=1m40s
Also they don´t played at that era the coda of sloop but they mimed it in the program (THIS IS COMPLETE, ALSO YOU CAN FIND GOD ONLY KNOWS withouth problem) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W4KkBwgP7c
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 16, 2017, 05:55:11 PM »

Pet Sounds 50 Tour. Basel Oct 31 2016

https://youtu.be/JpQfySVo6iY
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: May 17, 2017, 03:55:10 PM »

Pet Sounds 50 Tour. Basel Oct 31 2016

https://youtu.be/JpQfySVo6iY

Thank you! It's already on the list but I had forgotten about it. Never got around to watch it in it' sentirety. So thanks for the reminder!  Smiley

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: May 28, 2017, 01:55:21 PM »

I was able to add a link for 6-27th-1999. David Marks is with them. Unfortunately Adrian Baker as well.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 01:55:48 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 05, 2017, 09:44:00 AM »

Encore at the Lancaster Festival, Ohio, July 29, 2017

https://youtu.be/3IgkxvlKkRk

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: August 05, 2017, 11:11:20 AM »

Thank you! Do you have any idea why this was filmed?

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: August 10, 2017, 03:19:21 AM »

slp22 just posted a link to the Boys' White House performance in '83 which was uploaded by the Reagan Library. Will add the link to the list!

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,2412.msg617128.html#msg617128

- Jack Rieley
BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 15, 2017, 04:02:43 AM »

Copyright is getting out of line
TommyPlural
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 04, 2017, 10:35:49 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIkBfg7QiwQ

These videos are labelled as being shot in New Hampshire in 2007, I don't think I saw them on the list. The 2007 touring band isn't the best lineup but it's a very interesting record of the Christian Love/ Randell Kirsch/ more Bruce leads era of the band. Lots of videos from the show are on the same youtube channel along with a lot of other concert clips from various classic rock acts.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 04, 2017, 11:07:12 AM »

I actually like Bruce getting more leads. Even though his voice isn't what it once was, it's nice to have more leads by real Beach Boys.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: September 04, 2017, 11:08:21 AM »

Cool, thank you! I added it. If it is from New Hampshire it seems to be from august 9th.

- Jack Rieley
TommyPlural
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 04, 2017, 11:26:31 AM »

I actually like Bruce getting more leads. Even though his voice isn't what it once was, it's nice to have more leads by real Beach Boys.

Totally agree. Obviously some parts pretty much need someone else to fill in the Carl and/or Brian parts but I always felt like Bruce could/ should (and probably still could in most cases) have handled the leads on Don't Worry Baby, Good Vibrations, Wouldn't It Be Nice, and a few others with the right key/ arrangement adjustments. It would have made the touring infinitely more appealing to me.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 04, 2017, 06:11:46 PM »

I totally agree with that. Bruce's falsetto is still totally intact (He does the outro of Fun Fun Fun every show) , so I could see him taking lead on Don't Worry Baby
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 04, 2017, 06:56:51 PM »

I don't think Bruce's voice was ever strong enough to wail out DWB by himself. Personally I hate his YSGTM, his voice just isn't strong enough. Bruce had the range, always has though I am sure he's lost some but his voice never had much strength to belt out a falsetto part. Falsetto part in a stack of harmonies, he's great with. One of the best harmony singers ever.

Bruce is a total crap shoot touring now.  In the past 10 years I've heard him sound wonderful, other times awful.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: September 05, 2017, 06:16:30 AM »

It's been a while since I watched a lot of footage from that era of the band; wow, Bruce really *does* adjust the mic about 57 times during songs sometimes.

The thing I've always thought is weird is how ill-at-ease Bruce seems singing songs in the last few decades, especially for a guy who has (now) 60 years in the business. It's strange, because when he, say, busted out "I Write the Songs" in 1980 or something, he seemed to have no problem with singing confidently and whatnot.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: November 13, 2017, 11:33:08 AM »

The last 90 minutes of this video include The Beach Boys performance at the American Airlines Sky Ball XV Gala in Dallas. November 11, 2017.

Amazing sound and performance!

https://skyball.play.livearena.com/Live/4e8d62f821944525fb7048a41b92f99e

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx