gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:18:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pro Shot Beach Boys Concerts  (Read 262397 times)
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2012, 06:06:32 AM »

Some corrections/additions:

The unknown 1988 venue is form 1988 - 5 - 20 Mesa Amphitheater - Gilbert AZ
A&E In Concert 1994 (California Girls, Under The Boardwalk, Interview, Summer In Paradise, Fun Fun Fun, Barbara Ann, Be True To Your School)
1999 - 6 - 27   Donauinselfest - Vienna, Austria
2000 - 7 - 4     Buffalo Bayou Park - Houston TX
2000 - 7 - 15   Jamboree In The Hills - Morristown OH
2005 - 7 - 4     A Capital Fourth Celebration - Washington DC
2005 - 7 - 31   Fuji Rock Festival - Naeba, Niigata, Japan (3 songs)
2007 - 7 - 25   RFD-TV Theatre - Branson MO (I think the filmed show is from July 25)

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2012, 06:38:37 AM »

Great, thanks !!
Do you have a date for the A&E Concert ? And do you know if those were the only songs filmed ?

Do you have more info about the Branson shows from July 4th/5th 2007 ? Or were none of these filmed and the footage comes from the show you named?

And about the Endless Summer concert in one of my posts above:

Cany anybody help me with the dating of these clips from Endless Summer ?
AGD's site says that these two shows were filmed in May for the series:

27 - Pacific Amphitheater, Costa Mesa CA*  [w/Chicago]

30 - Universal Studios, Los Angeles CA*

So, I guess the campfire sessions were done at Universal Studios, right? What about the clip of "God only knows" on this link after "All I have to do is dream"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAiqMVTUEb8

I suppose it comes from the 27th. If that's true where does this "Wouldn't it be nice?" and "Darlin'" come from? Universal Studios as well ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIYFmG7HbBc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4juxP3yhzk
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:40:17 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2012, 09:12:16 AM »

Great, thanks !!
Do you have a date for the A&E Concert ? And do you know if those were the only songs filmed ?

Do you have more info about the Branson shows from July 4th/5th 2007 ? Or were none of these filmed and the footage comes from the show you named?

According to this http://www.igtc.com/archives/thewho/1994/Jul/msg00019.html it was broadcasted July 14, 1994. So it must be before that date and Gerry Beckeley of America is present. AGD lists some 1994 shows with America.
I think July 25-29 is the date of the Branson concert because in early July they played Feel Flows, and that song is not on the filmed show.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2012, 02:30:28 PM »

Allright, I did some research and came across this site: http://www.rockandrollondvd.com/rich_text_127.html

It says the BBs' set was recorded in Sea World, which after comparing to AGD's site only brings May 28th 1994 in San Antonio into the nearer possibilities (if there aren't any shows missing on Bellagio). No word about Beckley though.

EDIT:

Ok, I added some dates that I got from the above link. Additions were done for 1980, 1991, 1996 and 1999.

I don't know what "pro fan shot" means but it sounds like it doesn't belong on the list.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:14:35 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2012, 08:24:10 AM »

1977 - 9 - 1 Central Park, NY

Jesus christ, they're playin' California! but of course, channel had to show only a snippet and but bunch of comments over it, darn it.
endless-summer
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQFNUMYd79k&feature=related

Brian Wilson - The View (live perormance + interview)

Does this count as well? Don't know the exact date...
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2012, 01:43:37 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQFNUMYd79k&feature=related

Brian Wilson - The View (live perormance + interview)

Does this count as well? Don't know the exact date...

Thanks !
But this is just a TV appearance and not a concert in that sense. You could argue that Mike & Bruce on the Today! show also were TV appearances but they were concerts done in these shows.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2012, 01:13:51 PM »

Allright, I've updated the links for May 1st 1971 and May 28th 1994. I must tell you though that the footage for the latter is not something you wanna watch twice.  Evil I found "Under the boardwalk" from the same show but I used that song for the July 4th 1995 link.

I also changed the title of this thread. I think the new one is clearer

I'm glad for any corrections or additions you might have

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2012, 10:49:30 AM »

But I never saw Ringo onstage with them! What an eye-candy that 1984 video is! My favorite Beatle with my favorite band - how could I miss that mixture?! 

You know that Ringo played drums on the studio recording of "California calling", don't you ?

- Jack Rieley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2012, 02:16:34 AM »

There were a few 1983 shows that were professionally filmed, besides the Seattle show. The American Band movie makes it seems like Dennis sang You Are So Beautiful at the Atlantic City show from July 4th, but it's skillfully(?) edited from another show, of which I can not remember the venue at the moment. There was also another 1983 show filmed, at least partially. I think it's from San Diego. A few clips of it are in a 1993 news broadcast talking about the Good Vibrations box set. Brian can be seen singing Sloop John B, with a woman sitting beside him on the piano bench. Does anybody know who she is, by the way?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2012, 05:36:01 AM »

There were a few 1983 shows that were professionally filmed, besides the Seattle show. The American Band movie makes it seems like Dennis sang You Are So Beautiful at the Atlantic City show from July 4th, but it's skillfully(?) edited from another show, of which I can not remember the venue at the moment.

That was the listed show in Costa Mesa I guess.

There was also another 1983 show filmed, at least partially. I think it's from San Diego. A few clips of it are in a 1993 news broadcast talking about the Good Vibrations box set. Brian can be seen singing Sloop John B, with a woman sitting beside him on the piano bench. Does anybody know who she is, by the way?

Now, if we could get more info on that, it would be great. Are you talking about this clip? I don't see no vintage footage in there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVvkzZbOPxU
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:37:22 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2012, 09:25:31 PM »

Nope. In the one I'm talking about there is a Brian interview where he talks about God Only Knows being written in 20 minutes. There is also a quick shot of Dennis sitting in a red convertable, apparently before the 1983 concert I mentioned.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2012, 09:35:25 AM »

Nope. In the one I'm talking about there is a Brian interview where he talks about God Only Knows being written in 20 minutes. There is also a quick shot of Dennis sitting in a red convertable, apparently before the 1983 concert I mentioned.

It's probably not online, is it?
And I guess it's too short to make a guess where it was, right?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:07:50 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2012, 05:41:13 PM »

Most if not all the Lokeren, Belgium  show looks to be filmed as well:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA-NFml3LtY&feature=channel&list=UL
TommyPlural
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »

I've always been really curious about the 5/6/98 concert with Matt and Dave but no Al. Maybe it's just morbid curiosity, but is it circulating anywhere? Is it any good?
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2012, 09:39:36 PM »

I've always been really curious about the 5/6/98 concert with Matt and Dave but no Al. Maybe it's just morbid curiosity, but is it circulating anywhere? Is it any good?

I believe it is most certainly circulating.  It's not much different than any other Beach Boys concert from the time period.  It was odd to have both Matt and Adrian performing onstage together.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2012, 11:39:31 PM »

There was at least one more 1981 show that was filmed, but I seem to remember reading on here that it was an amatuer video made by somebody involved with the tour, just as a souvenier. Maybe it was filmed by somebody's wife. There is a brief clip of it shown in Endless Harmony. You see Brian in I believe a blue shirt, walking across the stage. Actually, it looks like he's walking towards the camera.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2012, 05:23:53 AM »

Most if not all the Lokeren, Belgium  show looks to be filmed as well:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA-NFml3LtY&feature=channel&list=UL

Thanks. You can see cameras here as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzUqemBeYUk&feature=related

But to put it on the list I think we should have clarification. Well, maybe I'll put it there and put a "?" behind it

There was at least one more 1981 show that was filmed, but I seem to remember reading on here that it was an amatuer video made by somebody involved with the tour, just as a souvenier. Maybe it was filmed by somebody's wife. There is a brief clip of it shown in Endless Harmony. You see Brian in I believe a blue shirt, walking across the stage. Actually, it looks like he's walking towards the camera.

I don't have the DVD here so I can't look at it. But if it is amateur footage - even if it's the whole show - we sholdn't put it on the list.

Do you have something like a screenshot of the short snippet of the '83 concert ?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 05:26:56 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2012, 09:52:27 PM »

Denni started a thread a long time ago looking for pictures of Dennis from 1983. There was a screen shot and info about exactly where the concert was in the thread, but I can't find it now.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2012, 10:06:55 AM »

Denni started a thread a long time ago looking for pictures of Dennis from 1983. There was a screen shot and info about exactly where the concert was in the thread, but I can't find it now.

I tried to find it but couldn't. Does anyone have the picture saved?

I'm not sure about the Belgium show, Justin. Is it maybe just for in-house monitors?

- Jack Rieley
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2012, 10:08:53 AM »

Yes Rocker, that could very much be the case.  They look to be the venue camera crew for their screens.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2012, 05:17:03 AM »

Ok, Badman writes that the June 18th 1969 show in Bretislava was filmed and the one on June 24th in Belgium (including a live Our Prayer !). AGD's site doesn't list a show for the 24th but one in Belgium for the 21st. Since I tend to believe AGD and Ian more than Badman, is that the one and was it really filmed ?

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:38:23 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »

Ok, Badman writes that the June 18th 1969 show in Bretislava was filmed and the one on June 24th in Belgium (including a live Our Prayer !). AGD's site doesn't list a show for the 24th but one in Belgium for the 21st. Since I tend to believe AGD and Ian more than Badman, is that the one and was it really filmed ?

Anybody?

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2012, 04:47:46 AM »

Another question: was the '83 appearance at the White House filmed? The introduction by Ronald Reagan was, so how about the performance?

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2012, 05:03:48 PM »

As far as the Belgium show-the BBs were in Belgium on June 3 1969 and they did tape a TV show-so I assume they filmed a concert.  I've looked in Belgian papers but found very little on it unfortunately (save for a short article about a very rude reporter interviewing them at the TV studios-so able to confirm they were in the country in early June-but not much else).  But they were there June 3 not June 24.  Indeed the whole tour was over by that date (though some BBs were still in Europe).  As far as the 83 White House show goes-it is possible it was filmed but it isn't available if it was.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx