gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
652033 Posts in 26054 Topics by 3716 Members - Latest Member: Smile_Essence1 November 11, 2019, 05:38:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pro Shot Beach Boys Concerts  (Read 120541 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 10, 2019, 09:51:28 AM »

C-man was the source of that set-list. We’re you there? Looked like an amazing setting and atmosphere.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 10, 2019, 02:05:09 PM »

That looks like an incredible set. Oh, how I'd love to hear and see stuff like Surf's Up, Here She Comes, Do It Again, and Jumpin Jack Flash in pristine quality. That set shows a great balance between "now and then" and it seems like they're given equal respect, set list wise.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 11, 2019, 01:34:24 AM »

Hi rocker.   i think it is from boston. Yes to toni—- she began touring with them in march 72.

She seems to be holding a tambourine here, I believe.
Must've been quite an experience to see the band at this time  3D

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 06, 2019, 01:38:49 PM »

Ok Rocker. Here’s one for you which you will have to make the call.

Professional? Could’ve been paid then the check bounced as the MC has a bit of a reputation for stiffing contractors.  Wink

Mar-a- Lago 1999
https://youtu.be/FlNcL_L5e_k

Grin

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 06, 2019, 02:51:26 PM »

Ok Rocker. Here’s one for you which you will have to make the call.

Professional? Could’ve been paid then the check bounced as the MC has a bit of a reputation for stiffing contractors.  Wink

Mar-a- Lago 1999
https://youtu.be/FlNcL_L5e_k

Grin

LOL

Yeah, it was just posted in the youtube thread and in my answer I mentioned the irony of Bruce calling Trump "one of the great financial succes stories of the 20th century". Bruce of course was in no position to know the truth but his description is so far off the truth.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,2412.msg655233.html#msg655233

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
DennysDrums83
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: Today at 10:08:38 AM »

Anyone know what the deal is with the August 1972 concert in Boston?  If it was pro shot, why hasn't it been released?  I don't know if I have ever seen footage from it.  Looking at the set list, I would love to see that show in its entirety.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx