gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
649764 Posts in 25977 Topics by 3702 Members - Latest Member: GV August 24, 2019, 01:12:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pro Shot Beach Boys Concerts  (Read 107243 times)
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: July 14, 2019, 03:39:43 AM »

Interview and footage at the Starlite Festival in Marbella, Spain.
July 11, 2019

https://youtu.be/FIMDJwfCJ_Y

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 14, 2019, 07:57:56 AM »

Interview and footage at the Starlite Festival in Marbella, Spain.
July 11, 2019

https://youtu.be/FIMDJwfCJ_Y

Thank you! I'll add it in a minute.
Is it just me or do the vocals sound really that bad?  Shocked

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 15, 2019, 11:31:41 AM »

Mike is 78. Bruce is 77. For their age, in my opinion, they sound remarkable. The band is instrumentally tight. Perhaps, the soundboard mix doesn't do the group justice, but it is refreshing to hear a sbd mix, over sh*tty youtube audience footage. Sure, Mike doesn't sound like he did in the 60's or 70's, but I'd consider myself blessed if I could sing that well at 78.
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 15, 2019, 01:10:12 PM »

Thanks for the link, but that's not a pro-shot but amateur. Now, if anybody knows more about the A&E show posted above....

Don't pretend to be an authority, but Carl had started taking on a different (older) look by 1994. My best guess is this concert was in either 1992 or 1993.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 15, 2019, 01:11:39 PM »

Mike is 78. Bruce is 77. For their age, in my opinion, they sound remarkable. The band is instrumentally tight. Perhaps, the soundboard mix doesn't do the group justice, but it is refreshing to hear a sbd mix, over sh*tty youtube audience footage. Sure, Mike doesn't sound like he did in the 60's or 70's, but I'd consider myself blessed if I could sing that well at 78.

I wasn't really talking about Mike and Bruce specifically. It was the whole group in these video clips that was sounding unusually bad to my ears. I've heard them sound much better.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 16, 2019, 05:38:59 AM »

Mike’s group never seems to come across well with these live shot appearances or TV ones they have done like DC on the 4th recently . They have a thin sound that doesn’t translate well but in person in a smaller venue it sounds much better .
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 19, 2019, 10:31:48 PM »

That was very rough and top heavy indeed. Mike's leads were consistently sliding off center from the pitch too.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx