gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:12:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Wilson Brothers picture thread  (Read 70797 times)
MBE
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2008, 08:55:24 PM »

The Brian picture was taken in Iowa 1973 early in the year. David Sandler can be seen in the uncropped version. By fall of 1974 he looked much heavier and had stopped shaving etc.
wgolly
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2008, 09:13:54 AM »

nice abs on landy in that one pic. Cheesy

File Under: Teen- Best Sellers
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2008, 01:07:57 PM »

This seems to be the place to mention-that some pics that can be seen on Redfern and at Getty images of the BBs (also double page spread in Badman pages 226-27 mislabeled as Mexico) with Mike in Handle bar moustache, Dennis with Beard and unidentified man-posing with a van and on a pier-were taken on June 16 1968 (the day after a Lagoon concert) in Salt Lake City-at a spot at Salt Lake where there was an abandoned pier and amusement park by Cyril Maitland (who may be the man in the photo) for Fabulous 208 magazine-They are in the Aug 31 1968 issue.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »

Does anyone know where and when excatly this one was taken? Brian looks great if it was '77. Had to have been...

http://www.danaddington.com/denny/denawards2.jpg

Also this one is sure to be a favorite of Dennis' female fans...

http://www.danaddington.com/denny/dennystreak.jpg
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 10:02:13 PM by TdHabib » Logged

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2009, 04:21:19 AM »

Carl looks like he's laughing in that picture. I'd be mortified.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2009, 07:42:34 AM »

The 77 photo is probably from Don Kirshner's Rock Awards (looks like a rehearsal photo).  Brian and Dennis gave out an award in 1976 (footage on Youtube) and I know that the BBs were advertised as appearing at the second awards held in the fall of 77-though I have never seen any footage of the 2nd app. Brian seems to have adopted that short hair around June or July 1977. The streaking photo is from the March 18 1974 vancouver show I believe (it was written up in Rolling stone that both Dennis and Mike Streaked at that show and then exchanged each others outfits.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »

The 77 photo is probably from Don Kirshner's Rock Awards (looks like a rehearsal photo).  Brian and Dennis gave out an award in 1976 (footage on Youtube) and I know that the BBs were advertised as appearing at the second awards held in the fall of 77-though I have never seen any footage of the 2nd app. Brian seems to have adopted that short hair around June or July 1977. The streaking photo is from the March 18 1974 vancouver show I believe (it was written up in Rolling stone that both Dennis and Mike Streaked at that show and then exchanged each others outfits.
Thanks for the info Ian!

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2009, 02:36:45 PM »

I can't imagine Mike streaking on stage. The early 70s were a weird time for the band.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Lady
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2009, 05:06:42 PM »

I haven't seen this one of Dennis in awhile.  To the right, Karen Lamm in the movie "Ants."

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:09:58 AM by Lady » Logged
MBE
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2009, 09:41:54 PM »

The 77 photo is probably from Don Kirshner's Rock Awards (looks like a rehearsal photo).  Brian and Dennis gave out an award in 1976 (footage on Youtube) and I know that the BBs were advertised as appearing at the second awards held in the fall of 77-though I have never seen any footage of the 2nd app.
Well Denny Remembered has a lot of photos taken that day. Only Brian, Carl and Dennis are present. Mike was in Switzerland when these were taken. One thing to note is that Carl does not have a beard.  A little of this footage can be seen during Forever on AAB. I traded for it back in about 1990 and was told it was the Grammy's. That might be wrong though.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2009, 04:03:06 AM »

Could be...but I don't think its the Grammys-reason  is because the grammys are held in the spring and these shots are from the fall-Brian is post short haircut that he had that summer. It is starting to grow back but is still short
MBE
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2009, 04:36:39 AM »

Well if you can pinpoint when Carl shaved his beard off we will have the date, but I do have the footage if you want it.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2009, 12:08:51 PM »

Carl sans beard was somewhere in early 1977. He still had a beard at the Atlanta Omni concert in January, and had grown it back out by the release of Love You in April.

Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2009, 12:56:34 PM »

Well that appearance was the Grammy Awards-on Feb 19 1977. My question was whether the photo of Dennis and Brian is from that rehearsal. If you have other shots that also show a beardless Carl-than yes they are from that day
MBE
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2009, 03:45:55 PM »

You know it may be two different sets put together in the layout in Denny Remembered. I think I did see Mike in one of the rehearsal photos (not included there) now that I think about it.
MBE
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2009, 01:25:05 AM »

Found the one with Mike and Al in it in the Dean Anthony book. Carl isn't there so I don't know if it is the same day. Probably not, Dennis has the beard so let's say it's summer or fall. The only time we know it can't be from is mid September when he was clean shaven.
Lady
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2009, 02:11:41 PM »

From corbis:

And a link to a photo of Brian:
http://folk.uio.no/hanakrem/music/highlights3.html

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2009, 12:04:55 AM »

hmm, this could be Denmark 1980 (June). Nice one

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2009, 05:08:44 PM »

I can't imagine Mike streaking on stage. The early 70s were a weird time for the band.

Yeah, Mike did streak, on more than one occasion.  That photo of Dennis streaking is mine; I believe it's copied from David Leaf's book.  I have several more before & after photo's where Mike & Dennis are wearing each other's clothes.  You should see Dennis in Mike's purple sunshine velour outfit!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2009, 11:31:32 PM »

Yeah, Mike did streak, on more than one occasion.  That photo of Dennis streaking is mine; I believe it's copied from David Leaf's book.  I have several more before & after photo's where Mike & Dennis are wearing each other's clothes.  You should see Dennis in Mike's purple sunshine velour outfit!

Hello Eddie,

This sounds like a weird and unique occasion. So you actually made the picture? If you were there, would you like to share your story with us? (as in: why did they do this)

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2009, 11:05:46 AM »

Just checked David Leaf's book, and I'm pretty sure this is where Dan grabbed the image - it's on page 165 in both editions.
I'll tell you the streaking story another time, when I have more time... 
I've just recently started posting here; someone asked a question about my book, and I finally registered here  but hadn't been able to log in.  Also, I've just changed my posting name from just 'eddie' to 'Ed Roach', which was the main problem. I always like to post with the full name.  (Hey, I'm proud of that Roach name!)
For the time being, I did come across one more scan from that show, and if you look real close, you'll see that Dennis is wearing Mike's 'outfit'.  I have more individual shots where you can really feel the absurdity of the situation--streaking included! I promise - more pictures & stories will follow:

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2009, 12:17:51 PM »

cool! can't wat to see/hear more of this...

Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2009, 07:30:48 PM »

When was this one taken? I'm thinking 78 during the MIU sessions, but I'm not sure.[/quote]

Was just about to tell you that I'd tell the 'streaking story' here, http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,6737.0.html , when I noticed this post; (I have many more stories related to this thread, as many of these are my photos!) 
While I didn't take this photo, you can see a little of me, AND my 16mm tripod, right behind Brian.  I was filming the European tour rehearsal, and it was in July of '77, for a tour that never really took place...  However,  you can see footage of that rehearsal in several different documentaries.
BiG GRiN
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2009, 07:47:21 PM »

When was this one taken? I'm thinking 78 during the MIU sessions, but I'm not sure.

Was just about to tell you that I'd tell the 'streaking story' here, http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,6737.0.html , when I noticed this post; (I have many more stories related to this thread, as many of these are my photos!) 
While I didn't take this photo, you can see a little of me, AND my 16mm tripod, right behind Brian.  I was filming the European tour rehearsal, and it was in July of '77, for a tour that never really took place...  However,  you can see footage of that rehearsal in several different documentaries.

[/quote]
Thanks a lot Mr Roach for sharing your infos, and telling the stories behind the pics!
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2009, 09:03:21 AM »

When was this one taken? I'm thinking 78 during the MIU sessions, but I'm not sure.

[/quote]
Thanks Ed, I've seen the footage and that photo many times but was never quite sure of what it was from...

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx