gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:06:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rare song -- Brian playing "Susie Cincinnati" and "Little Child" in Holland!  (Read 58488 times)
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2009, 08:37:11 AM »

i've been dying to hear this for myself
Same here

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2009, 12:10:44 PM »

i've been dying to hear this for myself
Same here
I would love to as well, can anybody PM me?

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Rocky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2009, 05:45:16 PM »

I would love to as well, can anybody PM me?

me as well>?
Rocky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2009, 05:47:13 PM »

there is a version of little child (daddy dear) by Spike Jones. Knowing how Brian loves old comedy records, he may have picked it up from there
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2009, 01:01:01 PM »

The second song on that demo was "Walkin'" not Susie Cincinatti

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
MBE
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2009, 02:18:43 PM »

Not the one I heard.
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2009, 08:03:27 PM »

Can someone re-post this mp3, please?
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2009, 11:30:59 PM »

Excuse me?

In light of the rules we try to hold on to overhere, a more subtle way of showing you're interest in this recording would be much appreciated...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:47:03 PM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2009, 11:37:17 PM »

+1.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
rogerlancelot
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2009, 12:24:08 AM »

I can't believe I have never heard this myself. Please find it in your heart to send me a little message if you will. Love you!  Listening
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2009, 04:59:02 AM »

I'd love to hear it too!!

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »

Excuse me?

In light of the rules we try to hold on to overhere, a more subtle way of showing you're interest in this recording would be much appreciated...

Sorry man. I never asked these kind of thing before.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2009, 11:58:59 AM »

Reading thru this thread for the first time.  I'm assuming AGD was wrong and it was Brian singing.
As he is prone to do, AGD dropped the subject rather than admit he was wrong.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2009, 12:14:17 PM »

Speaking of AGD being wrong, but on a more minor note, I was looking at his sessions page for 1967, and I noticed he wrote that there was a Dennis tune called "Tune #L". Somehow I think it would be more likely a "1", considering that it was prefaced with a pound sign. If one was to sloppily write the number 1 the more proper way on a session sheet or tape or whatever, with a line under it and all, it could easily resemble a L. However, I'm sure AGD has already conducted a thoroughly academic debate with somebody about this, and I'm wrong.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2009, 12:24:53 PM »

Aaahgh I just saw this thread and got really excited about a new 70s Brian piano demo and then finally realised that the thread is three years old. And I heard the clip the first time around anyway! Hate it when that happens.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2009, 01:54:05 PM »

Reading thru this thread for the first time.  I'm assuming AGD was wrong and it was Brian singing.

Nope, still think it's Alan. Listened to it again, processed it a bit... Alan. Others think it's Brian. Life's like that.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2009, 01:57:18 PM »

Speaking of AGD being wrong, but on a more minor note, I was looking at his sessions page for 1967, and I noticed he wrote that there was a Dennis tune called "Tune #L". Somehow I think it would be more likely a "1", considering that it was prefaced with a pound sign. If one was to sloppily write the number 1 the more proper way on a session sheet or tape or whatever, with a line under it and all, it could easily resemble a L. However, I'm sure AGD has already conducted a thoroughly academic debate with somebody about this, and I'm wrong.

It's typed as Tune #L on the AFM contract. Prefaced with a hash - # - and not as pound sign (£).

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2009, 05:55:54 PM »

Here's a novel idea...let's ask Alan! It'd be nice to finally put the debate to rest. I've always thought it was Brian, personally, due to the distinctive wavery "ring" he had in his voice at the time, but considering how adept Jardine was at sounding like him, who knows? LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MBE
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2009, 07:38:56 PM »

Al may shed some light or even Brian. I will say that they both have taken credit for various things over the years.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2009, 09:46:51 PM »

Here's a novel idea...let's ask Alan! It'd be nice to finally put the debate to rest. I've always thought it was Brian, personally, due to the distinctive wavery "ring" he had in his voice at the time, but considering how adept Jardine was at sounding like him, who knows? LOL

No-one, but no-one, says "goshdarned" like that like Alan !

Back in the day, tried getting a request to Alan to listen - nothing happened.

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2009, 10:07:48 PM »

Reading thru this thread for the first time.  I'm assuming AGD was wrong and it was Brian singing.
Nope, still think it's Alan. Listened to it again, processed it a bit... Alan. Others think it's Brian. Life's like that.  Grin

Just yanking your chain a little bit AGD.  Actually, on a lot of tunes from Wild Honey on thru the 70's, I have a heard time of "is it Al or Brian".

I haven't heard these but will just wait till BeachBoysCentral.com opens and download it.   Speaking of which,  asked Alan in his thread a while back and he made no comment re: BBC.com
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:27:15 AM by SurfRiderHawaii » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2009, 10:19:36 PM »

No-one, but no-one, says "goshdarned" like that like Alan !

Back in the day, tried getting a request to Alan to listen - nothing happened.

Good point, and good catch.

MBE
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2009, 11:30:24 PM »

The piano sounds so much like Brian's style though, and the speaking and singing voice are identical to the Fairy Tale thing Brian played for that reporter. Listening to Awake, Won't You Tell Him, etc.  I just think Brian sounded like this at the time. The story about how it was recorded rings true too. Have we found out how it was in the A&E thing and who put it there? Marilyn or Diane also may be helpful about this.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2009, 03:31:07 AM »

At least this debate didn't get ugly like the GOK 2004 (or whatever year it was) debacle...3D

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:33:17 AM by Jonas » Logged

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2009, 06:07:48 AM »

(rolls up sleeves, takes off boxing gloves)

OK, AGD, from Wikipedia:
In most regions of the United States, the symbol (#) is traditionally called the pound sign, but in others, the number sign.
Now, this is also true:
"Hash" is a common name for the mark used in the English-speaking world outside North America.
Unfortunately for you, though, the Beach Boys are an AMERICAN band, and as such, American vernacular should be used when discussing all matters related to the BBs. If you want to call the # sign the hash sign, go to a Beatles forum (a UK band), where you can debate forum regulars about when Ringo grew his mustache and the particulars of recording "Wild Honey Pie". A hash sign? I'm incredulous. In America, when say the word 'hash' we just start thinking about breakfast: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_%28food%29.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:09:02 AM by Dada » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx