gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:34:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weirdest Dream - Do You Like Worms  (Read 12283 times)
TimeToGetAlone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2008, 06:10:07 PM »

Kind of random and pointless but still BB-related and interesting.  I remember having this little dream snippet about Do You Like Worms.  Apparently I just found out that a completed version made it onto the Friends LP.  The production was that of the album, but there were also corresponding killer, full vocals.  I remember hearing it in my head, and it's too bad you can't strap a tape recorder to it or something. LOL  Sorry for this anecdote but I thought it to be pretty cool how I've experienced another of those SMiLE tracks in completed form during that era, if only in my subconscious.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 06:11:30 PM by TimeToGetAlone » Logged
SG7
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 06:32:04 PM »

One time I had a dream I was in the fire sessions. Second chair kazoo. Brian was flirting with the girls. It was a lot of fun actually.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 08:22:01 PM »

Okay guys - play fair - share the drugs!
MBE
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 08:41:55 PM »

I have had dreams where I hear music that isn't real. I mean you can hear the real voices and everything. It's very cool.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 12:48:43 AM »

I have had dreams where I hear music that isn't real. I mean you can hear the real voices and everything. It's very cool.

It happens to me sometimes. Very cool indeed!

Oh, and there was this song that I wanted to get... But the last time I had heard it was 5 or 6 years before, I didn't know the title or the artist, I only knew a small part of the melody, and I didn't recall ANY of the lyrics.

Then I woke up one morning and I knew all the lyrics - I searched for them in Google and found the song.  Shocked This is really weird because I'm pretty sure that the last time I had heard the song, I didn't understand English well enough to actually understand what they were saying...!

Edit: it was "You'll Never Walk Alone" by Gerry & The Pacemakers... Nice song.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 12:51:42 AM by SloopJohnB » Logged

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 03:48:43 AM »

I vaguely remember that soon after getting the 1993 boxed set, I had a dream that featured a very, very long version of Do You Like Worms.  Though I like the song, the general vibe I had after the dream was not a pleasant one.
TimeToGetAlone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 09:16:42 AM »

Totally.  That's what astounds so much about it too.  The ability for my mind to extrapolate like that intrigues me.  If I recall I once dreamt about a song that I had never heard before, but it was in such a classic BB style.  I guess you can it an original from me, but unfortunately I wasn't really able to recall it enough.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 10:24:01 AM »

I listened to Dennis WIlson all day yesterday and I had a dream last night (all night really) about Charlie Manson trying to kill people in a Burger King and I was trying to stop him - Mission Impossible style.  LOL
melissalynn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 10:36:52 AM »

And here I was, thinking I was the only person alive with crazy Beach Boys-related dreams. Glad to hear I'm not alone! I usually dream that I'm sitting, talking to Dennis. And then I wake up. Too bad it's not real. Sometimes I just hear the music (usually something off of 'Friends') as background music in my dreams.

TimeToGetAlone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 11:04:29 AM »

Don't think I ever recall anything about the BBs as people.  I guess it's pretty much completely isolated to their music, which is probably better for me.  Any unrealized BB-style music is pretty sweet.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 05:52:15 PM »

I had a dream once where I had written a song. The chord progression was written down on a piece of paper and after I woke up I remembered it. I quickly wrote it down.

Then I played it - it was HORRIBLE.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
TimeToGetAlone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 06:10:50 PM »

Well I'd imagine if you actually heard the song in your dream accompanied with the chord progression they would have nothing to do with each other.  They you can't read text and the like in dreams but I beg to differ.
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 12:27:21 PM »

Damn, i wish i had dreams like that, all my dreams are like Eraserhead. Sad

A discipline daddy.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 03:15:12 PM »

I had one not too long ago where I was watching the entire group doing 'whispering winds' in this tiny bedroom, but weren't very happy. Then they went and and had a steak dinner, but only Dennis and Marilyn (who cooked it) talked - the rest just sat in a huff.....

I love dream music, it's so annoying when you only remember a tiny section though. It's never more than a few seconds  Sad

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 04:29:38 PM »

About a year ago I had a dream about writing and performing a new song.  When I woke up, I couldn't remember any of the lyrics, but the melody, chords, and the pretty cool guitar riff were still in my head.  I ran to my studio and sang all the parts into my computer while the ideas were still fresh.  Now the song is complete with lyrics and my current band is getting ready to perform and record it.  The guys really liked it when I introduced them to it.

The only BB related dream I can ever remember having was where my wife and I were sitting in the audience at an outdoor performance or ceremony, or something.  I looked over at the fellow sitting next to me on the other side and it was none other than Brian Wilson (present day, BTW).  I wanted to introduce myself, and start a conversation with him, but I couldn't bring myself to say anything.  And Brian didn't seem to notice me staring at him.  He just sat looking straight ahead like he was deep in thought.

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 04:41:21 PM »

True story- last night I had a dream wherein a garage a bearded, bathrobed Brian was banging on the drums, while a glittered Mike Love was dancing around. They rocked. I forgot about it until about 3 and a half hours into work today.
carlydenise
Smiley Smile Associate

Heaven

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 05:13:46 PM »

I had a very vivid dream about the BB's.....Dennis, Carl, Brian and I were walking in the park (the same park that Carl is walking around in, in the Long Promised Road video on one of the documentaries)...guys were aged in that era, 3 guesses whose side I was glued to  Love Love Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fWkz3EfRXA

anyway, Dennis was chasing leaves and acting silly.  We suddenly found ourselves quite lost....Denny said something hilarious about finding our way back by watching the sun bounce off of Mike's head like a beacon...Brian was laughing hysterically.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 05:24:17 PM by carlydenise » Logged

come be my redeemer...awaken me beautiful dreamer
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 08:41:30 PM »

I once had a dream where I heard the entire completed 1967 Smile. Every lyric and melody was there. It was as complete as Pet Sounds is. I also once had a dream about listening to a complete Roger Waters/David Gilmour era Pink Floyd album that apperantly has not ever existed in any form other than in my head. It sounded like typical late 1970's Floyd, except weirder. Think The Wall meets the 1984 theme music to The Terminator.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 11:30:08 PM »

For a while I was having recurring dreams about the Beach Boys playing concerts in my high school 9 (and once elementary school) auditorium.  Sometimes I join them on stage, other times I get to talk to Brian or Dennis or Carl before they go on.  I know that I hear them play, but I can never remember the specific music they play, except that it is along the lines of the early 70s shows.  The wierd thing is though that their ages are totally random, so maybe 64 mike in a striped shirt, 72 Dennis and Carl, mid 80s Bruce, and modern day Brian and Al will all be playing together. 

As for Smile, I've never dreamed Smile and remembered it, but the imagined music is the whole point, and I've spent plenty of daydreams trying to comprehend what a finished 1967 Surfs Up or Child is the Father might have sounded like.   
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 04:06:50 AM »

I remember when the SMiLE SOT set was coming out, I had a very vivid dream that I went to go pick it up at a local taco fast food restaraunt.  I walked in and told them that I had called ahead and was there to pick up my SMiLE box set. They gave it to me in a bag, and I hurried home and opened it up....only to find they had forgotten to give me taco sauce  Shocked  I was sure that meant I would get my SOT set in the mail, open it up, and there would be no cd's inside! Luckily, that didn't happen!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 04:26:09 AM »

Everytime I would fall asleep listening to SMiLE, I would sing in my sleep. One night, after sleeping/singing with a tape recorder on, I awoke to hear a song that sounded like The Rolling Stones' "Satisfaction".... Cool Guy
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 06:58:55 AM »

This seems like the thread to reveal this bit of nonsense:

About a year and a half ago I dreamt I was hired as a musician to entertain guests at the Disneyland Hotel in California. My subconscious came up with a song so vivid, I quickly wrote the lyrics down upon waking...

Don't pack too much, babe - We're travelling light;
We're only going as far as Anaheim tonight.
You & me babe are gonna hold each other tight
and maybe do a little Pirates of the Carribean lite.

'Cause it's nothing too heavy that we can use,
just something on the order of a Jungle Cruise
Nothing you see that would be too abusive,
just a ride down the Matterhorn - that's a Disneyland exclusive.

You could travel around the world living in luxury.
But that wouldn't be the same as you being next to me.
So how 'bout you and me do a little time
living out a fantasy down in Anaheim.

I'm aghast that my subconscious would prefer to emulate something Mike Love might have thrown away for the SUMMER IN PARADISE album instead of some kind of Van Dyke Parks wordplay! At least I thought the music I came up with was catchy until I later realized it was the tune to a Lloyd Cole song (I'm not a musician at all in my waking life).

In an earlier, better music-based dream I had around 2000, I heard the entire completed SMiLE album - it sounded remarkably like BWPS.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 02:57:35 PM »

What a great thread! In my dreams I am often trying to track down tapes or CDs which contain large chunks of expansive, completely unknown Smile material, and hear it fragmentarily in some circumstance or other, but am unable to obtain it or hear the whole section or piece, which is maddeningly tantalizing and frustrating.

In one dream I was at Brian's house and he allowed me to make a copy of a tape of unheard Smile music, as long as it was for my own personal use! I was thinking that I wanted to share it with others but would honor his wishes. Never even got to hear it myself, since that particular dream didn't include much of the (imaginary) music.

I know, I should probably seek professional help... Tongue

« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 01:05:29 AM by mutedtrumpeterswan » Logged

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 03:00:52 PM »

Love & Mercy to you tonight...

(Actually I am very fond of Eraserhead, but in smaller doses). Wink

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
SG7
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 03:27:25 PM »

Love & Mercy to you tonight...

(Actually I am very fond of Eraserhead, but in smaller doses). Wink

I was amazed considering it was only a 45 minute album, it needed 2 hours of commentary to explain the thing  LOL
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx