gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:36:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is everyone listening to?  (Read 37930 times)
too123
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2008, 04:25:30 PM »

I am listening to this great indie star Rachel McGoye and the song is "Beautiful Disaster". Check it out on her myspace page.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2008, 05:27:57 PM »

Listening to She's Got Rhythm, such a catchy song, I don't care what anyone says.

I don't care either. Loved this song for 30 years now. Great drumming (whoever it was), good lyrics from Mike, and I'd take the Brian (vocally) from MIU any day.

Anyway, I dug out Bob Dylan's Modern Times. I've got to give it another try. I hate to admit that I was slightly disappointed when it first came out; overly long and repetitive songs. I WANT to like it... 
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2008, 05:30:10 PM »

Anyway, I dug out Bob Dylan's Modern Times. I've got to give it another try. I hate to admit that I was slightly disappointed when it first came out; overly long and repetitive songs. I WANT to like it... 

I love it.

Listening to Herman Dune's "Giant."

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2008, 08:28:55 PM »

Legend: The Best of Bob Marley & The Wailers.

Yeah. Good sh*t.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
8o8o
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2008, 05:17:04 AM »

Alfred Hitchcock's "Music To Be Murdered By".

All doors and windows are firmly shut.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 02:49:47 PM by 8080 » Logged
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2008, 09:43:20 AM »

Tapes 'n' Tapes' "Walk It Off." I don't like it much. (Sorry to my fellow Minneapolitans...)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2008, 01:27:52 PM »

I bought a Walter Steding record but haven't listened to it yet.... later I'll do a write up...... Huh
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 02:26:12 PM by noname » Logged
PhilCormier
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2008, 02:54:22 PM »

I've been stuck on Joy Zipper  - "The Heartlight Set" for a while now.  And now I'm back into Stew.  Inspired be the recent success of his Broadway show, Passing Strange.  The Negro Problem "Joys and Concerns" and Stew "Naked Dutch Painter"  on and on. 

Also, I listened to XTC's Black Sea at the gym recently (meaning headphones) and loved it...again.

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2008, 10:42:58 PM »

Cheree by Suicide    on the Downtown 81 soundtrack 3D
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2008, 01:07:07 PM »

She & Him, Volume One. I LOVE it.

too123
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2008, 10:51:57 AM »

Right now I am really digging this new band Scientificlifestyle!! I love the song "OR".
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2008, 10:50:41 PM »

I just got The Byrds - Fifth Dimension. I've had Turn Turn Turn and Sweetheart of the Rodeo for years; it's interesting to hear something from in-between the two.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2008, 08:43:48 AM »

I'm currently digging a song by Leslie Feist called "Now at Last". After hearing it, I wanna have her babies!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2008, 10:28:54 AM »

Just found Graham Parker's "Don't Tell Columbus" (2007) at the library.  Best thing he's done in years.
Good melodies and lyrics...voice somewhere between 70s Bob Dylan and 80s Graham Parker.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2008, 11:10:02 AM »

A bunch of Queen songs: I'm making a compilation of non-hits for no good reason whatsoever.

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2008, 12:21:22 PM »

A bunch of Queen songs: I'm making a compilation of non-hits for no good reason whatsoever.

Do "Liar" and "Ogre Battle", my two favorite Queen songs, qualify?
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2008, 12:27:41 PM »

They qualify, but I excluded them both! I like Ogre Battle quite a bit, but I went for a sort of cohesive album sound, and so stuck more to pop tunes instead of the proggy stuff.

This is what I ended up with. I acknowledge that, even among non-hits, this isn't really my favorite 20 songs (although it's close). As I said, I did want it to be somewhat listenable as an album. (Double album, actually.)

Side One
Need Your Loving Tonight
Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon
I Go Crazy
Jealousy
You and I

Side Two
Bring Back that Leroy Brown
Sweet Lady
Who Needs You
Love of My Life
Man on the Prowl

Side Three
Dreamer's Ball
Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy
All Dead, All Dead
Long Away
Seaside Rendezvous

Side Four
Misfire
Good Company
Coming Soon
Don't Stop Me Now
Dear Friends

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2008, 09:14:22 AM »

Listening to Oasis' What's The Story Morning Glory. As bad a rap as these guys get, some of the songs on that album are extremely catchy. And all the fighting between the Gallagher Brothers reminds me of another band, from California actually,-and pretty popular, too,  full of family members who constantly fought with each other and still aren't on good terms to this day.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2008, 05:57:09 AM »

American music clubs new album...love it

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2008, 05:23:57 PM »

My preview copy of Puerto Muerto's I Was a Swallow. And I love it. Love it. Its out in the UK already, I believe, and is out (Fire Records) in early June in the U.S. Creepy but romantic, sort of like a guy-girl duet of Tom Waits. Been listening for months, and it's growing on me.

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2008, 07:27:11 PM »

Listening to Oasis' What's The Story Morning Glory. As bad a rap as these guys get, some of the songs on that album are extremely catchy. And all the fighting between the Gallagher Brothers reminds me of another band, from California actually,-and pretty popular, too,  full of family members who constantly fought with each other and still aren't on good terms to this day.

I dig Oasis very much--
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2008, 08:21:39 PM »

Led Zeppelin 3 & 4

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2008, 09:08:29 PM »

Led Zeppelin 3 & 4

Led Zeppelin 3 is a fodaing great album.
Vega-Table Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2008, 03:27:29 AM »

I've been listening to a lot of Bowie lately (mostly stuff from the Low-through-Scary Monsters period), plus the new Thank You Friends: The Ardent Records Story compilation (great stuff by Big Star, Chris Bell, Icewater, Terry Manning, etc. etc. etc.).
8o8o
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2008, 05:27:29 AM »

....plus the new Thank You Friends: The Ardent Records Story compilation (great stuff by Big Star, Chris Bell, Icewater, Terry Manning, etc. etc. etc.).
I read about that one, looks very promising! I love Big Star (as well as Chilton's and Bell's solo stuff.....).

I'm listening to Pearls Before Swine: "One Nation Underground", another forgotten gem from 1967.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx