gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:00:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is everyone listening to?  (Read 37953 times)
charlenarock
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2008, 08:41:35 PM »

Mikal Blue's album "Gold".  I love male solo artists who sing, play the guitar, and produce.  His music is also very simple, awesome quality, and relaxing.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2008, 11:10:50 PM »

If I got 6 desert island discs and they all had to be Lou Reed (without including VU), I'd be pretty fodaing pissed. But if it came down to it, I'd say Transformer, Berlin, Ecstasy, New York, American Poet and ... probably RnR Animal, but not for sure.
I used to be very keen on Ecstasy as well. But a funny thing happened in that I saw a live performance of Lou at the Monteraux Jazz Festival performing mostly material from said album and it was dull and lifeless. Kinda sullied my appreciation for the album, but I still like a lot of tracks.

And I meant six LR picks. I'd never make it on a desert island with just Lou to listen to--I'd become way too paranoid within the first hour...

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2008, 04:49:17 AM »

Funny, I also saw Lou perform mostly the Ecstasy material on his tour of that album, and it was a great show. Maybe it was that I'd never seen him live, or that I was lucky enough to score front-row seats for free, or just a better night. But to me it showed how strong the material was that it stood up on its own. (And the show had a classic Lou moment. Someone in the crowd: "Rock 'n' Roll! Play Rock 'n' Roll! Rock 'n'--" Lou: "Shut the f*** up." [audience laughs] "You can leave if you're unhappy."

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2008, 12:31:06 PM »

I'm listening to Okkervil River's upcoming (Sept 9) album, The Stand-Ins. I loved their last album, The Stage Names, and this is something of a companion/sequel. This band does not come out of nowhere and change the world, but they're a really cool band, in my opinion: obviously they're great fans of the 5+ years of rock that came before them, and they're good at what they do. Plus, I like frontman Will Sheff's lyrics--I'm a sucker for literate nerds. You can see the trailer for their new album, plus new and old songs, on their myspace if you want to check them out. I recommend it (for whatever that's worth!). http://www.myspace.com/okkervilriver

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Spiritinthesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2008, 08:10:09 AM »

Right now - Pink Floyd, Dark  Side OF The Moon.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2008, 04:04:00 PM »

Jeff Hanson's wonderful new album Madam Owl. He's got great songs and a falsetto that you'll love. Check: http://www.myspace.com/jeffhanson

musicfreak313
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2008, 04:32:16 PM »

Mikal Blue's album "Gold".  I love male solo artists who sing, play the guitar, and produce.  His music is also very simple, awesome quality, and relaxing.
He's a great musician. I read that he produced Coblie Caillat's first single too.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx