gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:31:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Definitive Vocal Credits Thread...  (Read 413182 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: November 05, 2007, 03:37:32 PM »

I'd be in favor of a "prominent back up" part on KTSA for Mike on the "Louie Louie" bass vocal IF we could verify that it's really him.  I've always had a hard time convincing myself of that, particularly the "bow" part on the 2nd verse.  It actually sounds a lot more like Dennis, though I realize that's probably impossible.  It could just be the extensive amount of processing on the voice just makes it sound like someone else, but I've wondered if those bass parts -- the 2nd verse part at least -- weren't performed by a session ringer.

Anyway, if it's Mike, I'd advocate for a prominent backup on that section.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: November 05, 2007, 06:38:12 PM »

I'd be in favor of a "prominent back up" part on KTSA for Mike on the "Louie Louie" bass vocal IF we could verify that it's really him.  I've always had a hard time convincing myself of that, particularly the "bow" part on the 2nd verse.  It actually sounds a lot more like Dennis, though I realize that's probably impossible.  It could just be the extensive amount of processing on the voice just makes it sound like someone else, but I've wondered if those bass parts -- the 2nd verse part at least -- weren't performed by a session ringer.

Anyway, if it's Mike, I'd advocate for a prominent backup on that section.

Yep, I've wondered that myself the past few years...I'm sure it's the same person all the way through, but I'm wondering if it's not really Mike.  Probably is, but I wish we knew for sure.
MBE
« Reply #702 on: November 05, 2007, 10:24:03 PM »

I say it's Mike only because of how he sounded on Louie, Louie.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 05, 2007, 10:28:39 PM »

I know this is the same suggestion-type that I usually have. But at the begining of School Days, I would make note that Brian's vocal on top is very prominent... I know its a group vocal, but Brian's voice is definitely mixed out front.

Shocked
MBE
« Reply #704 on: November 06, 2007, 01:46:21 AM »

I think Brian is pretty upfront too.
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: November 07, 2007, 10:49:43 AM »

Not sure about Alan on "Sunshine", unless you mean the prominent background part he sings.  In the TV special they did for this album, Mike mentions how he, Carl and Brian share the three-part lead.

Yeah, I meant the "dum-dum" bit. I'll alter that (and listen for Bruce on SAW) as soon as I get a proper chance, as well as adding a note about Bri on School Days.
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 08, 2007, 10:23:07 AM »

Done.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #707 on: November 09, 2007, 09:58:45 AM »

Bruce should be a prominent back up on School Days, because his annoying "Oh, oh, oh OH"part is repetitive as hell and is mixed way too loudly.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #708 on: November 09, 2007, 10:32:27 AM »

I just noticed that Carl sings a prominent background line in the choruses of "Santa Ana Winds" (sorry if that's already been mentioned).
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 11, 2007, 08:40:40 AM »

Yeah, we've got it now!

Soon: Knebworth.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 08:44:18 AM by John » Logged
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #710 on: November 11, 2007, 09:07:24 AM »

Jumping back to MIU for a minute...did you ever give Brian credit for singing the line of the choruses on "My Diane" ? ("Shadows haunt me night and day", etc.)

John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 12, 2007, 08:01:02 AM »

I've got him at the end "I...I love you Diane", but I don't have him there; I didn't know it was him, I'll take a listen.
MBE
« Reply #712 on: November 13, 2007, 12:14:54 AM »

I don't think he sings the Shadows line.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #713 on: November 13, 2007, 04:45:27 AM »

I don't think he sings the Shadows line.

I think he does.  Listen to the original "New Album" version...Dennis sings it there.  Then listen to the official "MIU" version...to me, it sounds just like Brian.
signum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 13, 2007, 10:26:50 AM »

I think c-man is right. Although I'm not sure yet. I always thought there was something funny about that line in "My Diane". It seems to be a change in main vocalist, though there are two parts in harmony and they're about equally prominent. I'll have to listen again to see if it's Brian (and whoever else).
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 13, 2007, 03:19:59 PM »

I think c-man is right. Although I'm not sure yet. I always thought there was something funny about that line in "My Diane". It seems to be a change in main vocalist, though there are two parts in harmony and they're about equally prominent. I'll have to listen again to see if it's Brian (and whoever else).

I always thought it was Brian and Dennis, but I haven't gone and listened to it to confirm that impression.
MBE
« Reply #716 on: November 14, 2007, 02:41:17 AM »

I will have to play them. I do remember a mixing difference on those lines.
signum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 16, 2007, 04:41:16 AM »

After listening to "My Diane" a few more times I think it is Brian and Carl on the last line of the verses. Neither part sounds like Dennis and the lower part (which is slightly more prominent) sounds slightly rough and like Brian in this era, whereas the higher part is very smooth and sounds like Carl. It also makes sense that it might be them because they definitely sing the three part chorus (" everything is wrong and nothing is right") with Dennis (Brian on top in falsetto, Dennis starting in the middle and going down the scale, crossing over Carl's part which goes up the scale).

So perhaps that would would  count as a Brian lead?
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #718 on: November 16, 2007, 04:46:52 AM »

After listening to "My Diane" a few more times I think it is Brian and Carl on the last line of the verses. Neither part sounds like Dennis and the lower part (which is slightly more prominent) sounds slightly rough and like Brian in this era, whereas the higher part is very smooth and sounds like Carl. It also makes sense that it might be them because they definitely sing the three part chorus (" everything is wrong and nothing is right") with Dennis (Brian on top in falsetto, Dennis starting in the middle and going down the scale, crossing over Carl's part which goes up the scale).

So perhaps that would would  count as a Brian lead?

A "cameo" lead, I would think.
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 16, 2007, 07:44:14 AM »

It's a "with", and I'll add it now. :D
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: November 23, 2007, 08:47:55 AM »

I will return, and soon, with Knebworth! Sorry about the delay....
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 08, 2007, 07:32:38 AM »

Phew! Back again. On to Knebworth:
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 08, 2007, 07:59:11 AM »

This was taken from the DVD rather than the CD, by the way. It's easier to tell, of course, when you can see the artist performing, and also...ahem.. I don't own the CD.
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 08, 2007, 08:00:42 AM »

Bruce and Bobby on choruses, what about Al? And Mike sings on the GOK tag too. Al sings on the beginning of BTTYS, Mike the bride on Do It Again and Mike should get a special credit for singing Papa Oom Mow Mow on Barbara Ann.  Wink   And of course too for the bass part on KTSA. BTW I can cleary hear Dennis singing too with Mike the low harmony on Surfer Girl.

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 08, 2007, 09:31:10 AM »

Thank you so much for bringing this thread back! Up for discussion:

I don't think Mike deserves his own credit on Surfer Girl.  Its either group vocal on harmony or list them all individually, Mike doesn't stand out enough for me. It should just be Brian bridge, Al verses and falsetto, Group harmonies.

I do think Mike deserves a credit on the tag of Lady Lynda though.

California Girls should be group on choruses. Alan and Bruce on tag

Alan on BTTYS tag maybe as well for the falsetto?

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx