gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680828 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 04:52:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Definitive Vocal Credits Thread...  (Read 415131 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2007, 09:50:52 AM »

Can we take a consensus -everyone reading this, listen to it three times and tell us what you think. Is it Carl or a soft-spoken Brian?

I have just finished listening to it 3 times and I still say its a soft spoken Brian.. It fits with the tone of how he sings the song. Its Brian. Brian. Brian. Brian.  Grin
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »

What do you mean, "Oh, we could be married"? That's not Mike, it's Brian echoed by Alan isn't it?
yes, im sorry, I should have said someone is echoing Brian's lines.  Al, huh?  Does someone know for sure?  To me it sounds like it could be Al, Dennis or Carl

Yeah, I've listened to it about twenty times and I'm pretty sure it's Al. The first line - the "married" line in particular definitely sounds like Al's early voice to me.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 10:00:00 AM by John » Logged
Uncomfortable Seat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2007, 10:12:58 AM »

What do you mean, "Oh, we could be married"? That's not Mike, it's Brian echoed by Alan isn't it?
yes, im sorry, I should have said someone is echoing Brian's lines.  Al, huh?  Does someone know for sure?  To me it sounds like it could be Al, Dennis or Carl

Yeah, I've listened to it about twenty times and I'm pretty sure it's Al. The first line - the "married" line in particular definitely sounds like Al's early voice to me.

Well, I wouldn't argue if you put it down as Al.  The only reason I would think otherwise is the way "happy" is sung sounds very Dennis-y to me.

"There's one thing I do that's kind of a personal thing -- I tell jokes sometimes which are corny, which are outright stupid, and bomb. That, to me, is funny when nobody laughs."
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2007, 10:24:12 AM »

Ha, my wife (and second opinion) thought it was very Carl-like. :D
I think they have similar voices, but I'm pretty sure it's Al.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2007, 11:22:43 AM »

Wouldn't It Be Nice- no clue

Please Let Me Wonder- Definitely Carl, without a doubt Carl, you can tell especially on the Warmth of the Sun! He had a certain way of phrasing R's and L's, and its obvious on I Love You. If you have ever heard Carl speak especially from the 60's, it is him all over.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2007, 12:10:43 PM »

I have an idea...given the similarity of the problem identifying individual vocals with another trio of brothers, let's attribute any unidentified vocals to Maurice Gibb!
MBE
« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2007, 05:48:48 PM »

I heard the isolated "I Love You' and it is Brian.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2007, 06:24:38 PM »

and the battle rages merrily on...  LOL
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2007, 09:21:14 PM »

I heard the isolated "I Love You' and it is Brian.

Until I heard that line isolated, I would have said Carl, but now I lean towards Brian.

As for WIBN, I think its Al echoing Brian in the bridge.  I suppose it might be Dennis, but I'm going with Al.
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2007, 04:27:00 AM »

I used to think it was Carl, until I half-heard it while surfing the net. I thought "Hey, that MIGHT be Brian!"
I rewound it back a few times, and became convinced. I think because it's so soft, you'd think Carl, because we're thinking of stuff like the contrast between the soft lead on GOK compared with the brasher sound of Brian. But like someone else said, it's a pretty soft vocal all round. And I'm pretty sure it's Brian.

And I'm almost certain that it's Al on WIBN. I'll add that soonest.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 04:29:26 AM by John » Logged
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2007, 07:21:47 AM »

I think its like how every one assumes Paul sings the high part on "I wanna hold your haaaaaaand" at the end of each verse when its actually John.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2007, 09:01:48 AM »

Carl. No question in my mind.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »

Where's the isolated track, can we find it online?
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2007, 11:07:13 AM »

PLMW; it's gotta be Carl, always has been, always will be. Of course I'm still trying to come to terms with it being Al on Be Here in the Morning.

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Guy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2007, 03:55:46 AM »

Why would Brian let Carl sing "I love you" on a song that is otherwise sung by himself (w/ Mike on parts)  and is written about his wife and sung and recorded in her presence? (according to Brian on the WOTS-podcast). It wouldn't make sense.

To my ears... it sounds like Carl.

Back to the discussion of Wouldn't it be nice; I agree Dennis is prominent on the tag. But, according to Brian (I think I read this in the book in The Pet Sounds session box), Dennis and Alan sing "run-run", followed by Carl and Bruce doing "wee-doo". I'm not at home, so I can't look it up.
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2007, 06:45:29 AM »

Why would Brian let Carl sing "I love you" on a song that is otherwise sung by himself (w/ Mike on parts)  and is written about his wife and sung and recorded in her presence? (according to Brian on the WOTS-podcast). It wouldn't make sense.

To my ears... it sounds like Carl.

Bit of a mixed message here. :D Wink

Guy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2007, 07:45:37 AM »

Exactly; I'm clueless Smiley

I say bring on Smiley Smile!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 07:47:22 AM by Guy » Logged
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2007, 08:03:56 AM »

I guess we can always go back. But I still think it's Brian.

Four to three for Brian by my count.
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2007, 08:50:13 AM »

Phew. Who sings that girly part on Wonderful then? :D
Uncomfortable Seat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2007, 09:00:38 AM »

I hear a couple of differences in regards to Wind Chimes

Dennis: Close your eyes and lean back
Listen to wind chimes
I hear Brian singing "close your eyes and lean back" before Dennis comes in

Carl: It's so peaceful
Close to a lullabye
this sounds like Al to me

"There's one thing I do that's kind of a personal thing -- I tell jokes sometimes which are corny, which are outright stupid, and bomb. That, to me, is funny when nobody laughs."
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2007, 09:07:56 AM »

Listen to wind chimes

Nah, that sounds like Dennis to me. It's got the same vibe as some of his talking on the Party album. The speaking voices are very similar at this point...

Close to a lullabye

I'll listen to this again. EDIT: Still sounds like Carl. I can see what you mean, but I'm pretty sure it's Carl. As ever, I'll throw it out to the floor!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:27:33 AM by John » Logged
Uncomfortable Seat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2007, 09:37:24 AM »

Listen to wind chimes

Nah, that sounds like Dennis to me. It's got the same vibe as some of his talking on the Party album. The speaking voices are very similar at this point...

Close to a lullabye

I'll listen to this again. EDIT: Still sounds like Carl. I can see what you mean, but I'm pretty sure it's Carl. As ever, I'll throw it out to the floor!

I'm following the "logic" of the arrangement as well as my ears in terms of forming my opinion.  Why would they give Dennis an entire line like that when all of the others are split up?  And it seems that Al would get the end of the second verse since he handled the end of the first verse, just like how he sings all of the first answering "wind chimes" by himself.  Anyway, that's my two cents . . . Listening

John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2007, 09:43:57 AM »

[I'm following the "logic" of the arrangement as well as my ears in terms of forming my opinion.  Why would they give Dennis an entire line like that when all of the others are split up?  And it seems that Al would get the end of the second verse since he handled the end of the first verse, just like how he sings all of the first answering "wind chimes" by himself.  Anyway, that's my two cents . . . Listening
[/quote]

I don't think there is a logic to the arrangement so much. The Beatles were doing experiments with "random" at the same time too. Judging by how stoned they sound, their "logic" may make sense to them and them only. :D
Logic and Smiley don't really go together - I mean, what's with the girls on Wonderful there and there only? Wink
Maybe they gave Dennis the whole line because he'd not been singing much "recently"?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:45:37 AM by John » Logged
Uncomfortable Seat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2007, 10:00:21 AM »

I fear that your "drug" argument fails to sway me in regards to the "Wind Chimes" vocal arrangement. Brian's Trip  I continue to cling steadfastly to the notion of accuracy in terms of my opinion.  In other words, I respectfully disagree, sir! Jedi Duel  Yes, let us now turn the floor over to Democracy . . .

John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2007, 10:14:56 AM »

HAHAHA!

EDIT: After listening to that bit, there's a Al feel to it at the end, but "It's so peaceful..." really sounds like Carl.
I still think that other bit is Dennis, though there's a chance it could be Brian, it just sounds so much like Dennis. I'm just hedging my bets really.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 12:31:22 PM by John » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx