gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:57:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who wrote "Awake"?  (Read 2137 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2007, 07:52:14 PM »

I know it was the B-side to Spring's single "Now That Everything Is Said" but I want to know who wrote the song and does Brian sing on the demo?

Grin
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 07:56:28 PM »

There is a demo with Brian singing. I am not sure who wrote it.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
warnakey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 09:26:33 PM »

I was wrong.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:34:07 AM by warnakey » Logged
XY
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 09:28:10 PM »

Floyd Tucker wrote it and there's a beautiful solo demo by Brian - just piano & double tracked lead. Shows that his involvement was a bit more than just sporadic. Later he claimed that he had nothing to do with the cover songs on AS.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 11:43:15 PM »

Floyd Tucker wrote it and there's a beautiful solo demo by Brian - just piano & double tracked lead. Shows that his involvement was a bit more than just sporadic. Later he claimed that he had nothing to do with the cover songs on AS.

Triple-tracked. Sandler produced the released version, his only solo production credit of that project. I once wrote something about Brian's gaining in enthusiasm as the Spring project as it unfolded, only to be told by Steve Desper a few years later that I'd got it exactly 180 degrees wrong - he started out really interested, then lost interest (as usual). Steve was of the opinion that the finished album was maybe 5%-10% Brian (pointing out that "5% of Brian Wilson is better than 100% of most people"), and even Marilyn, when I put the same question to her, agreed that 25% was the top figure.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
MBE
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 01:05:00 AM »

Sandler makes it sound like Brian was there at least half the time.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 10:32:03 AM »

Thanks for answering my question everyone... So many interesting little factoids.  Cool
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 01:38:50 PM »

When the Spring album was released, Brian called the Wolfman Jack show and said he had just produced a new album by his wife and her sister.  He repeatedly stated, "It's better than Pet Sounds, Wolfman."
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 06:40:50 AM »

When the Spring album was released, Brian called the Wolfman Jack show and said he had just produced a new album by his wife and her sister.  He repeatedly stated, "It's better than Pet Sounds, Wolfman."

And that, folks, is why I put so little credence in anything BW has ever said. I don't take it with just a grain of salt--but a sandbox full.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
MBE
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 12:15:40 AM »

Well Brian really did love his wife's voice so maybe at the time the excitement made him think it was better. It is among the finest albums he worked on.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx