gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681510 Posts in 27640 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 10, 2024, 03:25:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson Biopic: Funniest movie of all time?  (Read 10017 times)
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 04:25:15 AM »

Two words:

"Hi, Queen!"  Grin

(For those who don't know about this, it comes from an interview with Foskett (http://www.new-surf.com/foskett/interviews.html))

Interviewer: Everybody has a "Brian" story - can you share a funny one with us?

Jeff Foskett: He is a great source for entertainment to be sure. I will tell you the most recent funny thing that happened. We were performing the encore at Queen Elizabeth's Golden Jubilee Celebration. Surprisingly to all, Her Majesty decided to walk on stage and greet the performers. We had been copied on an "etiquette list" of do's and don'ts should the opportunity arise to meet Her Majesty. One of the don'ts was: "do not address Her Majesty as 'Queen'".  As she approached Brian and myself, I leaned to him and said "Remember Bri, don't call her Queen, say 'Your Highness' or 'Your Majesty'".  When she was right in front of us, Brian waved out his hand and said "Hi Queen!". What a character... She was very gracious.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 08:31:13 AM »

Don't know if this would make it into a Biopic, but...I just loved it when The beach boys were doing Tv Spots for full house, and it went something like this,

Band: Were the beach boys, and were on full house (Something like that)

Women: (To Baby) Say Hi Beach Boys

Brian: Hi Beach Boys !!!!

Grin I love that

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SG7
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 12:21:30 PM »

Hmm if i could have any part of BB history...

Brian and the pic he kept mooing in and annoying everyone  LOL
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2007, 03:47:11 PM »

A new Brian-story:

Later, they give a private concert for us campers, Jeff and Brian with Wilson’s regular band, rendering all the old favourites. People in the audience are crying with happiness. Jeff ?calls the campers on stage to sing along. I see Wilson eyeing up Jan O’Brien from Tucson, who is right beside him.

She was still skittish about it the next day, as she described how he came into her studio and looked her up and down and went over to her afterwards, when she had finished singing, and said: “You have nice legs.” She had seen him again in the car park and he continued flirting, telling her she had sung a nice song, gazing at her chest as he spoke. He was old, but Jan was still flattered.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article1671729.ece

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
MBE
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2007, 08:52:32 PM »

Or this one from Nick Lowe, 1974...

"I met Brian in a restaurant in LA recently. Thought he was the perfect gentleman, right up until he buttered his head and put it between two slices of bread".

I think Petty said it in 1988 if I am not mistaken.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 01:28:23 AM »

I think it's a generic BW tale - certainly I saw it in a book of rock quotes attributed to Nick Lowe (or maybe it was Dave Edmunds) before 1988.

I still think the 1985 Madonna quote rules.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 06:52:38 AM »

What was that quote again?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
James Hughes-Clarke
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2007, 08:40:38 AM »

Anyone remember this one from around 1980 I think:  Nick Kent turns up to interview Brian looking 'elegantly wasted' à la 1970's Keith Richards.  Brian greets him and says "Hey, you look more like a rock star than me - maybe I should interview you!"

Hypnotise me into thinking I'm not insane
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2007, 10:48:30 AM »

When the Flaming Lips toured with Beck Wayne would run a video for everyone while they were setting up which was an interview he conducted with Brian fro Vh1 which was never aired. The whole time Wayne is interviewing him, Brian has this terrified look on his face like he was worried Wayne was going to punch him or something. Weirdest interview I have ever seen.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 03:02:19 PM »

The Madonna quote appeared in a 1985 issue of Musician, and as best I can recall goes something like (and you have to bear in mind the title of her then-current hit):

"Oh, Madonna,  great song - I'd really like to meet her but I seriously doubt she's a virgin".

Classic, classic Brian.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 07:34:55 PM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 07:38:22 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h8g0laPq4Oc

Watch this through -- toward the end, Brian's "I like food" is a classic.
MBE
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2007, 09:55:07 PM »

Andrew one line you left out is really funny. Brian goes "I'm shaving my beard soon" then does a complete left turn and says" I would really like to meet Madonna. I would say ""Gee you're Pretty". I seriouslly doubt she's a virgin, but that's a good song"
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2007, 07:06:45 AM »

OT, I know, but...
Brian goes "I'm shaving my beard soon"

Indeed he did. I think that was the last time he had one.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx