gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680846 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 01:12:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson Biopic: Funniest movie of all time?  (Read 9833 times)
halblaineisgood
« on: January 29, 2007, 12:42:17 AM »

Think of all the hilarious anecdotes you've read over the years and imagine them being played out on the big screen. the Brian/Elvis meeting; "The Karate Chop Incident"..."I told you not to do that".......Having Iggy Pop and Alice Cooper singing shortenin bread over and over...well, maybe there's just those two. Huh. I didn't think this over very well. Well, the elvis incident at least....I laugh hysterically just thinking about that.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 06:27:53 AM »

I'd love to see that incident with some guy from the Eagles I believe. He asked Brian for an autograph, Brian wrote "To a great songwriter", then thought about it and crossed the word "great" out and wrote "good" instead of it.  Grin

Also I would love to see the "pre-recorded answer"-thing when he went to Capitol-meetings, as was already used on "An american family".

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 06:36:08 AM »

maybe the whole green paint story brought up in the Catch a Wave book...and repainting the house (cant remember what though)...and maybe having his gardner digging his own grave

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 07:34:47 AM »

Or this one from Nick Lowe, 1974...

"I met Brian in a restaurant in LA recently. Thought he was the perfect gentleman, right up until he buttered his head and put it between two slices of bread".

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 10:03:02 AM »

I'd love to see that incident with some guy from the Eagles I believe. He asked Brian for an autograph, Brian wrote "To a great songwriter", then thought about it and crossed the word "great" out and wrote "good" instead of it.  Grin

Also I would love to see the "pre-recorded answer"-thing when he went to Capitol-meetings, as was already used on "An american family".

I remember hearing about that; didn't know it was someone from the Eagles.  I laughed out loud just picturing Brian writing "thanks for all the great songs", then crossing it out and writing "good" instead.  I just found that absolutely hilarious.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 01:06:29 PM »

"I met Brian in a restaurant in LA recently. Thought he was the perfect gentleman, right up until he buttered his head and put it between two slices of bread".

I thought it was a Tom Petty-quote.....  Undecided

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
halblaineisgood
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »

that eagles one, thats pure gold.
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 02:11:38 PM »

The recent meeting of Brian & Bono should be included too!  Shocked

Heck, it could be a 1/2 hour weekly sitcom!

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 02:13:07 PM »

Something like "Oh, those Wilsons" ? Maybe Dennis could make a guest-spot and drive Mr Wilson crazy... Cheesy

- Jack Rieley
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 02:20:21 PM »

these are great, there should be a book on these...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 03:11:03 PM »

In the deceased male Ego Board there were some proposals for a  TV pilot of a reality show with the Wilsons: "WHEN ARE THESE KIDS GOING HOME?"   Afro

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 03:30:20 PM »

I'm of the school of thought that states Brian should've beaten Ozzy Osbourne to the punch and have a "Wilsons" reality show.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 11:56:07 PM »

Dammit - you're right. as i was typing, I was thinking "why was Nick Lowe in an LA eatery in 1974 ?". Thanks. Still damn funny.

matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 01:33:54 AM »

Dammit - you're right. as i was typing, I was thinking "why was Nick Lowe in an LA eatery in 1974 ?". Thanks. Still damn funny.

I read that in an 'Apocryphal Rock'n'Roll stories' booklet accompanying the NME from about 1992ish, in that the story was attributed to the lead singer of The Wonder Stuff (early 90s crusty pop/rock band, singer was I think Miles Hunt)!

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 05:17:16 AM »

I haven't heard about this one.  What went down?  Did Brian sign for him as well?  "Thanks for all the great songs!" then cross out great and write shitty!  Actually, to be fair, U2 was good through Achtung Baby then after that they were shitty.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 05:26:47 AM »

Went something like this:

Bono: [kneels before Brian] God bless you for all the great music you've written.

Brian: Thanks - could you get me a diet coke ?

Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 05:36:53 AM »

Bono: [kneels before Brian] God bless you for all the great music you've written.

Hah that's awesome.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 06:17:20 AM »

Bwahhahahahahaha....that owns...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 07:22:42 AM »

I read that in an 'Apocryphal Rock'n'Roll stories' booklet accompanying the NME from about 1992ish, in that the story was attributed to the lead singer of The Wonder Stuff (early 90s crusty pop/rock band, singer was I think Miles Hunt)!

Yeah, I'm not sure of the validity of that story; since Tom Petty didn't release his first album until 1976, he may still have been hanging around Jacksonville, Florida in '74. It's one of those stories that reads funnier than it would have played out in real life; in fact it sounds like something Woody Allen would have written in one of his short story books.
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2007, 08:16:59 AM »

Perfect!

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 09:13:18 AM »

Petty  "....may still have been hanging around Jacksonville, Florida "

Tom is from Gainesville, FL.....did he have early career in Jacksonville too?
Mud Crutch was a Gainesville group.
voxnut
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 09:16:39 AM »

I'm sure most of you know about Peter Bagge's "Murry Wilson: Rock N' Roll Dad" episodes- but for those who don't, you can see them online at http://icebox.com/index.php?id=episode&show_id=s14&episode_id=e1&PHPSESSID=ddc8ea1d2dc19862b044cfff0ac330e2

I think the first one is the best one...

"We'll have fun in the sun, or I'm gonna get my belt!"

Priceless...

Dean
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 11:07:08 AM »

I think most of the punchlines in this slapstick comedy biopic would involve some form of food or drink.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2007, 01:29:52 PM »

I think most of the punchlines in this slapstick comedy biopic would involve some form of food or drink.
Yes, as is one of my favorites, which is from Beautiful Dreamer.

The interviewer is talking to Brian about the imfamous tent in the living room that was used for "meetings". The interviewer asks Brian (and I'm paraphrasing), "What did you do in the tent?" And Brian simply says, "Eat sandwiches."  Cracks me up every time.  LOL
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2007, 01:40:27 PM »

Petty  "....may still have been hanging around Jacksonville, Florida "

Tom is from Gainesville, FL.....did he have early career in Jacksonville too?
Mud Crutch was a Gainesville group.

Oops - Sorry, you're right; I meant Gainesville.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx