gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 05:53:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weird Al's Smile parody released today!  (Read 10824 times)
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2006, 05:12:49 PM »

what "shelved Wilson track" did he play on???

"Let's Stick Together" from the first version of Sweet Insanity

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2006, 11:57:11 PM »

Isn't it true that, beyond his control, he had to record his accordion part separately and has never actually met Brian face to face?
halblaineisgood
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2006, 12:02:13 PM »

Pancre
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:27:27 AM by PhilBriBallet » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »

Just reviving this topic to point out that the song is now played at Brian's shows during intermission. Really.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »

Just reviving this topic to point out that the song is now played at Brian's shows during intermission. Really.

That's awesome.  It wouldn't surprise me at all that Brian digs the song.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 10:46:48 PM »

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this song. Had a GREAT laugh over it. Until now my favorite Al track was "Amish Paradise". Interesting to know that Bri gets a kick out of it too!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 11:45:39 PM »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If The Beach Boys and Brian had never existed, and had Phil Spector never existed, "Pancreas" would have been hailed as a masterpiece. Or at least a huge cult classic.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2009, 06:10:19 AM »

That's a weird thing to say.

If the Beatles had never existed, Badfinger would be a lot more popular?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 12:10:58 PM »

I just think it's great to live in a country that allows Weird Al to walk around freely and have a career and everything.  In any Eastern Bloc nation he'd be in some kind of a camp. In other places the townfolk would chase him through the streets with ugly intent, like the ending of "Phantom Of The Opera". Here in the U.S. we haven't even sterilized him.

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 12:11:43 PM »

Just saw this thread.

Wow!

Weird Al release today?

Finally, Al Jardine releases "Postcard from California" (which IS a "Smile" parody because it's never coming out)

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2009, 12:28:27 PM »

I just think it's great to live in a country that allows Weird Al to walk around freely and have a career and everything.  In any Eastern Bloc nation he'd be in some kind of a camp. In other places the townfolk would chase him through the streets with ugly intent, like the ending of "Phantom Of The Opera". Here in the U.S. we haven't even sterilized him.

That's an incredibly harsh post, which i happen to agree with  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »

Of all the people to go after in this world or even in the music world, you're choosing Weird Al?

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx