gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 16, 2024, 03:26:13 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The most stunning Beach Boys AI I've heard yet  (Read 25425 times)
AllIWannaDo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2024, 07:03:00 PM »

One song I’ve always wanted to hear is a young Ronnie Spector singing don’t worry baby. I know she’s covered it in her later years but if there’s anyway Dae Lima could ever muster an AI beach boys version with peak era Ronnie singing the lead well I’d die a happy man
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2024, 08:24:29 PM »

I would slaughter something for a 1964-style “Midnight’s Another Day”

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2024, 03:58:43 AM »

One song I’ve always wanted to hear is a young Ronnie Spector singing don’t worry baby. I know she’s covered it in her later years but if there’s anyway Dae Lima could ever muster an AI beach boys version with peak era Ronnie singing the lead well I’d die a happy man

He would likely have to get a female vocalist who can match Ronnie's intonation to pull off such a feat.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2024, 02:27:23 AM »

I would slaughter something for a 1964-style “Midnight’s Another Day”
I would go for a 1970-71 version, with a vocal and instrumentation that emulate the sadness and starkness of 'Til I Die.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 02:28:05 AM by Joel Goldenberg » Logged
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2024, 12:27:29 PM »

As interesting as these hypothetical fan creations can be, they are definitely kind of polarizing to some as they aren't truly "authentic".  Personally if I enjoy the creativity behind them (such as Dae Lims' creations) I can comfortably make the distinction between fact and fiction. 

All that said, I think the real meat of how artificial intelligence technology will be most constructively implemented will be in the more subtle nuances of audio editing.  It will probably benefit from making basic mixing, mastering and overall production easier and more efficient.  Using the MAL technology we can finally start expecting to hear proper stereo mixes of songs such as "Good Vibrations" whose multitracks have long gone lost.  Dae Lims himself put out a darn good fan stereo mix  of "The Little Girl I Once Knew" that gives you an idea of what
the technology can do.

Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2024, 01:57:16 PM »

The latest from Dae Lims. A complete Honey Get Home, very Wild Honey-style.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pXoctCEZkA
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2024, 06:20:41 PM »

No young Brian on old Brian songs. Please.

The old BW songs gain their power from him being, well, old.

To his credit, Dae Lims gets this and has been very careful in his approach. Desert Drive is a full latter day BB version. The Like in I Love You have been given a full band treatment, but it’s not even a BW melody. His L&M toured the history of BW vocal approaches. That’s all amazing and excellent.

But putting a young BW on MAD, for example, or the Paley tracks — it just doesn’t work or make aesthetic sense. The young BW wouldn’t have written or produced those songs.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2024, 08:15:05 PM »

I would love to hear early 70's Brian singing A Day In The Life Of A Tree.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2024, 12:41:03 AM »

To his credit, Dae Lims gets this and has been very careful in his approach. Desert Drive is a full latter day BB version. The Like in I Love You have been given a full band treatment, but it’s not even a BW melody. His L&M toured the history of BW vocal approaches. That’s all amazing and excellent.

But putting a young BW on MAD, for example, or the Paley tracks — it just doesn’t work or make aesthetic sense. The young BW wouldn’t have written or produced those songs.

Agreed, with maybe one exception--I think many folks would like to hear a song like "I'll Bet He's Nice" with a Sunflower-Surf's Up era vocal blend and younger-ish lead vocals. I'm not sure if that would absolutely necessitate a significant reworking of the backing track as well, but it would be interesting to hear regardless...
Acechaser
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2024, 05:17:39 PM »

When I suggested that Dae Lims "fix" some Brian vocals (including on Wilson/Paley material), I meant that I'd love to hear better Brian vocals (not necessarily younger Brian vocals) on those tunes/segments.  For example, in Elbow '63, I'd like to hear on key mid-to-late 90's Brian vocals for the "we made music" section.  I don't need to hear mid-60s Brian vocals. 
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2024, 11:54:03 PM »

Agreed, with maybe one exception--I think many folks would like to hear a song like "I'll Bet He's Nice" with a Sunflower-Surf's Up era vocal blend and younger-ish lead vocals. I'm not sure if that would absolutely necessitate a significant reworking of the backing track as well, but it would be interesting to hear regardless...
Here's one attempt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VXi3AXzGrc
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2024, 11:56:26 PM »

Now here's an interesting idea-Caroline No not by Brian Wilson, but by the Beach Boys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYpHaG9niRI
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2024, 01:23:39 PM »

Now here's an interesting idea-Caroline No not by Brian Wilson, but by the Beach Boys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYpHaG9niRI

Pretty cool. Tastefully done.

I always thought Dennis' "My Love Lives On" needed some BB harmony woven into it.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2024, 06:28:59 PM »

Here's one attempt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VXi3AXzGrc

Thanks, Joel. I appreciated the effort that was made on this, but didn't think that the melody choice on the "please don't tell me if it's true" line quite worked for this, and the tag was lacking what Dae Lims would have provided to give it the memorable finish that many folks were hearing in their heads when they encountered it on Love You. The tag on the original is actually the strongest part of the song, so it really needs to do the same for a "time-travel" verson (IMO, but I think many will agree).
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2024, 09:55:37 PM »

would be nice to hear a stereo version of "Sounds of Free" as that doesn't appear to have one... Dae?

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
bonnevillemariner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2024, 01:41:20 PM »

Dae Lims says periodically on his live streams that his AI tracks exist as lossless and are "out there."

I would like to know where "out there" is. If somebody knows, I'd appreciated a DM.
wavesoflove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2024, 10:42:28 PM »

Dae Lims says periodically on his live streams that his AI tracks exist as lossless and are "out there."

I would like to know where "out there" is. If somebody knows, I'd appreciated a DM.

https://archive.org/details/dae-lims-archive
wavesoflove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2024, 06:24:22 AM »

ai is starting to get half-decent at creating full tracks.  Fortunately not good songs, but if Mike finds out about this we're all doomed.

https://app.suno.ai/song/4d1f91ef-4f0e-4052-bb7b-1fee8e5fe8b8
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2024, 03:47:58 PM »

ai is starting to get half-decent at creating full tracks.  Fortunately not good songs, but if Mike finds out about this we're all doomed.

This is crazy (and very funny at the same time Grin). I think we're all about to find out first-hand what a paradigm shift this technology will create in our society. As a graphic designer/videographer, I have been slightly worried about the AI graphic/art advancements that have been introduced in the last year...however, the Sora video generator is the most frightening thing I have witnessed regarding AI. And I can't imagine what will be coming down the pike in the next 5 years in this field.

It blows my mind that a computer chip can create a decent 60s song (I mean, it's clearly not great, but imagine this technology 3 years from now!). I still think that human beings will always crave human created content. But it scary to think that we now live in a world where we can't easily make the distinction between human and AI content - and in 1 decade who knows where we'll be.

What kinda does get me excited for this technology is that I have always wanted to hear a 1960s/Pet-Sounds version of the 'Love You' album...a complete album with wrecking crew instruments/vibes, young sounding band.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
wavesoflove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2024, 10:43:54 PM »

This is crazy (and very funny at the same time Grin). I think we're all about to find out first-hand what a paradigm shift this technology will create in our society. As a graphic designer/videographer, I have been slightly worried about the AI graphic/art advancements that have been introduced in the last year...however, the Sora video generator is the most frightening thing I have witnessed regarding AI. And I can't imagine what will be coming down the pike in the next 5 years in this field.

Might be a good time to pivot towards prompt programming

It blows my mind that a computer chip can create a decent 60s song (I mean, it's clearly not great, but imagine this technology 3 years from now!). I still think that human beings will always crave human created content. But it scary to think that we now live in a world where we can't easily make the distinction between human and AI content - and in 1 decade who knows where we'll be.

Just my opinion, but as good as the ai tech is, I don't think it will ever be as good at composition compared to real talented song writers, maybe with the exception of bland modern 'top 10' garbage that the young folk listen to.

What kinda does get me excited for this technology is that I have always wanted to hear a 1960s/Pet-Sounds version of the 'Love You' album...a complete album with wrecking crew instruments/vibes, young sounding band.

Dae Lims are you reading this?
Paul2010
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2024, 09:11:41 AM »

Dear all,

Is there any way to find the Dae Lims Smile in a lossless download? If anyone knows, I'd be grateful. Especially looking for the AI enhanced stereo mix of Cabin Essence.

All the best
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2024, 09:09:02 PM »

Dear all,

Is there any way to find the Dae Lims Smile in a lossless download? If anyone knows, I'd be grateful. Especially looking for the AI enhanced stereo mix of Cabin Essence.

All the best

A simple search on the Internet Archive will take you there.

https://archive.org/details/DaeLimsSMiLEAI

Paul2010
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2024, 06:42:48 AM »

Dear all,

All the best

A simple search on the Internet Archive will take you there.

https://archive.org/details/DaeLimsSMiLEAI

Amazing, thanks.

S.
bonnevillemariner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2024, 05:39:01 PM »

https://archive.org/details/dae-lims-archive

Excuse my naivete, but these appear to be lossless versions of his YT videos, not necessarily lossless versions of the actual tracks he produced. Are those not "out there"?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2024, 07:00:48 PM »

If I felt like there was not enough actual Brian/Beach Boys material to listen to, I dunno, maybe I'd entertain the fake stuff. But geez, I find it hard to believe that all the people breathlessly waiting for the next fake Brian vocal have actually exhausted all of the *real* material out there.

Like, go listen to the Tampa '74 show, or Nassau '79, or "Stevie", or whatever.

I think one of my main issues with the AI stuff is that, in BB "fandom", there are already 87 things that end up being a big clusterf**k of divisive arguing, where some people just "don't get it." Remixes vs original. Autotune arguments. BB politics. The list goes on and on. I'm just over adding another thing to that list.

I feel like the people making this AI stuff don't "get it"; I acknowledge others disagree. And yes, when it's done with very specific purpose in trying to recreate something that could have or should have actually existed (BBs singing on "Look", or whatever) versus "fanfic" music (1965 Brian sings "Orange Crate Art", etc.), I guess that's less egregious on some level.

But there's a point where it's less about the actual new AI thing being created, and more just kind of a weird sense of disappointment that more fans don't "get" why, well, it's kinda missing the point to generate and listen to HOURS of FAKE MUSIC. I don't know how else to say it.

It's like having a loving family and cheating on them with a holographic one. Like, why are you doing it? And, more importantly, what could possibly give you the same enjoyment or feeling as the real thing?

I assume people aren't turning to fake AI music because they've "fallen out of love" with the real stuff. Right?

Yes, some people see it as an interesting little experimental curio. But I think people breathlessly searching out the entire catalog of someone's fake AI stuff in high-rez to catalog it thoroughly certainly seem to be taking it far more seriously than just an interesting quick curio.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx