gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:08:35 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any perspective on the release of the CATP/Holland boxed set?  (Read 7631 times)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2022, 04:33:33 AM »

Dear fellow members -

IIRC not long before the 'Feel Flows'-set appeared, it was briefly mentioned by Universal that the 'Carl & The Passions/Holland' equivalent would be released this fall.

I just checked the 'future releases' list of my own record retailer, but this doesn't show anything for the upcoming months.

Has it been delayed? Will it probably be out just prior to the Christmas days?

Thanks in advance for any news on this.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 12:23:33 PM »

Don't know but the sooner, the better!  🤞 Cool Guy🤞
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 08:20:25 PM »

Soon.
Hold tight.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 10:55:47 PM »

Soon.
Hold tight.

Ah, thanks, Howie!

mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 02:50:21 AM »

Thanks Howie, I’m very excited for this!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 12:46:42 PM »

Same!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Zenobi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 01:06:25 PM »

Thanks Howie!
Rebel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2022, 08:27:41 PM »

Howie, can you narrow it down to a month? Has this box set been a ‘circular firing squad’ fiasco like the last?

Can you at least tell us some things to be excited about? Or songs/snippets you enjoyed?
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 05:00:06 PM »

Howie, can you narrow it down to a month? Has this box set been a ‘circular firing squad’ fiasco like the last?

So are we trying to bite the hand that feeds us? What circular firing squad? I was very happy with the last years set and I don’t see the need to stir up sh*t. But maybe I’m off base and if so I apologize. But let’s just not get snappy with a guy who has already given some neat info about this set.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2022, 08:37:35 PM »

Can you at least tell us some things to be excited about? Or songs/snippets you enjoyed?

I’m not even sure Al would spill the beans, but good try. 😉
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 11:11:40 AM »

News and images are starting to leak at the Hoffman forum and are trickling out to other message boards, so the announcement may be as soon as tomorrow. A live version of YNAMOHTSA is also rumored to start streaming tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 11:14:21 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2022, 11:40:15 AM »

Sail on Sailor is certainly a fine enough title, but I would have liked a title that is lifted from the lyrics of a song like Sunshine Tomorrow.

The Beach Boys Through Restful Waters

The Beach Boys - Unsettled Oceans

The Beach Boys - Sunny California

The Beach Boys - Another Sunny Day

The Beach Boys - Scheming To Rule the Waves

The Beach Boys - Dusk Time

The Beach Boys - Golden Auras

(you hate them all don't you?  LOL)

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2022, 12:12:39 PM »

Sail on Sailor is certainly a fine enough title, but I would have liked a title that is lifted from the lyrics of a song like Sunshine Tomorrow.

The Beach Boys Through Restful Waters

(you hate them all don't you?  LOL)

I actually like that one

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2022, 12:19:05 PM »

"Sail on Sailor" as a title for a 72/73 deluxe box might be the biggest no-brainer title ever for an archival release. Hasn't been used as an album title (well, who knows what weird comps exist around the world, but it's not a mainstream album title anyway), is the most well-known song title from this era among the masses (and about the only BB song that ever had any traction on Classic Rock radio for whatever that's still worth), and I'd say it evokes the period quite well. It's poignant without being negative (no, folks, I seriously doubt they want to call a set "Unsettled Oceans" and advertise the acrimony first and foremost).

One of the best things about these sets is that, after a million years of everybody (casual fans and hardcore fans alike) often dwelling on the downer/negative stuff (and believe me, as a student/scholar of this band, all of that stuff *should also* be covered in the appropriate forums), these sets blow you away with the idea that above all else, they made jaw-dropping, stunning music all through this, including dozens and dozens of tracks they never released.

We should all be very, very excited.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 12:19:42 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2022, 12:45:16 PM »

News and images are starting to leak at the Hoffman forum and are trickling out to other message boards, so the announcement may be as soon as tomorrow. A live version of YNAMOHTSA is also rumored to start streaming tomorrow.

I just took a look at that forum. This was posted there:

It also says that "You need a Mess of Help" (live at Carnegie Hall) is already streaming in some time zones.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 12:47:42 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2022, 01:25:19 PM »

Whoa

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2022, 02:00:43 PM »

Rad. I love the cover image with ALL the BB. I'll prolly go with the deluxe vinyl and buy a digital version to go with it.
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2022, 04:04:20 PM »

I hope this new box set comes with action figures of all the band members.  I want a Brian bathrobe edition with karate chop action!   LOL Wink Razz
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 04:05:25 PM by Bedroom Tapes » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2022, 07:44:11 PM »

Mess of Help..

https://youtu.be/OKwb7NaenBI
Rebel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2022, 07:46:26 PM »

So are we trying to bite the hand that feeds us? What circular firing squad? I was very happy with the last years set and I don’t see the need to stir up sh*t. But maybe I’m off base and if so I apologize. But let’s just not get snappy with a guy who has already given some neat info about this set.

Please calm down. Way way down. Circular firing squad was a term used by I thought Howie, or someone else in the know in regards to the delayed sunflower boxset. No one is biting any hands. Nor is anyone stirring anything up. It was merely a question if this box set went smoother than Feel Flows boxset. That’s it. That’s it.
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2022, 09:17:25 PM »

It's on Apple Music now (United States).

Full track listing visible for both 'Deluxe' and 'Super Deluxe':

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2022, 09:21:32 PM »

Slightly higher res artwork.

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2022, 09:28:45 PM »

Crazy to see that we are getting "Pa Let Her Go Out", "Spark In The Dark", "Body Talk (Grease Job)", "Carry Me Home", and many others. The songwriting session tape for "Sail On, Sailor" and a lot more.

Thank you Brian, Mike, Al, Blondie, Ricky, Dennis, Carl, Howie, Mark and Alan. Everybody else who contributed to this project. I cannot wait!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2022, 09:35:16 PM »

"Mess of Help" live -- wow!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2022, 10:31:50 PM »

Ah, the pictures look great!

Thanks to all who contributed.