gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:42:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2022 Tour Thread (Plus Archived 2021)  (Read 58330 times)
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 01, 2022, 06:46:09 AM »

The rest of the tour in the USA, Mexico and Canada has been cancelled.

And the fans who had tickets to the thrice-postponed Europe shows are being given refunds.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: August 01, 2022, 06:53:04 AM »

Updated the top post yesterday to reflect the apparent cancellation of dates. I guess we may/will find out more at some point here. I'll go back through and add setlists to the rest of the Chicago shortly, hopefully.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Galaxy Liz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 01, 2022, 08:01:28 AM »

And the fans who had tickets to the thrice-postponed Europe shows are being given refunds.

That happened a week or 2 ago.  I don't think it's related to this.
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 01, 2022, 08:17:13 AM »

Maybe, maybe not.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Galaxy Liz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 01, 2022, 09:56:58 AM »

Maybe, maybe not.

It might be the same reason but Brian Wilson tickets were on sale for the other dates in the US, Canada and Mexico after the refunds for the UK were issued so it looked as if they still planned to go ahead.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: August 01, 2022, 11:46:04 AM »

Updated the top post with the rest of the setlists for the Chicago tour.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: August 01, 2022, 01:25:32 PM »

I take back what I said about Reddit…Hoffman board is far worse

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 01, 2022, 01:26:52 PM »

OSD is needed over there…. Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: August 01, 2022, 02:05:13 PM »

OSD is needed over there…. Wink

A swift kick in the ass is needed there, starting with “kreen”. Forgot all about that guy
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 02:08:23 PM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 01, 2022, 03:04:07 PM »

Yuck on that guy…

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: August 01, 2022, 03:13:54 PM »

Only reason I ever read over there is trying to see if there has been any kind of update or news. Part couple of months have been quite concerning

Join The Human Race
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 01, 2022, 03:14:38 PM »

As a fan I cannot make an accurate assessment of things with regard to Brian touring. It may be unfortunate that some people write more inflammatory things in regard to him still touring, but we can't prevent what others write about on various forums. The video evidence of Brian on this tour has been, in my opinion, very embarassing though. That doesn't mean he's in a Landy situation. It does make one wonder why is this still go on? Are there any clips from this tour where Brian seems amped up? Look to how he was 20 years ago live, he had moments of being pumped performing. I haven't seen that the last few years of him touring. Brian and his music has helped me a lot over the years, but I'm not going to blindly assume everything is great currently when the video evidence contradicts that sentiment. I could have saw Brian in KC, on his 80th birthday no less, but I choose not to. Part of it was financial, but a bigger part was I knew the show would disappoint me and make me sad. Seeing the clips from that show and others have only reinforced my view. I've actually never seen Mike and Bruce, and I have a lot of criticisms about Mike, but you can tell that they want to be there when they perform. It does make sense to me why some people will question why Brian's still touring when we see a frail old man who hardly signs during his own shows.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 01, 2022, 03:28:16 PM »

It does make sense to me why some people will question why Brian's still touring when we see a frail old man who hardly signs during his own shows.

This is factually untrue.
Join The Human Race
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 01, 2022, 03:31:02 PM »

It does make sense to me why some people will question why Brian's still touring when we see a frail old man who hardly signs during his own shows.

This is factually untrue.

From what I've seen and from what a friend told me from his show in Colorado, that's what I've gathered. I have no agenda. 🤷🏻‍♂️
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: August 01, 2022, 04:07:30 PM »

It has been increasingly true the past month.  I can see why people have concerns; hell, *I* have my concerns. That right there says a lot. However, my issue is coming from a certain segment of the population claiming elder abuse, and comparing this to Landy when these “people” have no idea what the f*** they are talking about.  Not everyone has a damn ulterior motive!

I’ve debated whether to bring this second part up. I still may edit it out.  But look and listen to this, specifically Brian’s part

https://youtu.be/vYHRYyODZzE

I’m not going to speculate what’s wrong. It’s not my place to discuss that and it makes me uncomfortable. I will say the following…

Brian’s not unaware of where he is. Whatever is going on, I’m sensing  something physical. 2 minute mark, it’s like he’s trying to get the sound out but it’s not happening. He’s trying, but for whatever reason it’s difficult. It’s *not* because he “doesn’t know where he is”, so this whole “he’s being taken advantage of and he’s confused , and…”  None of that bs. Of course he’s going to look “miserable “; it’s not from him being “forced “…. he’s obviously in a tremendous amount of pain, he’s trying to push through because per his own words it helps keep the voices at bay. Except for whatever reason he can’t do it anymore. That would be hard on ANYONE, much less someone who has been through as much as Brian has.

So yeah, this fake concern some people have ( not referring to you JTHR, I know where you’re coming from…I’m addressing certain others) just rubs me the wrong way, because it’s not based out of love of Brian but more out of hatred.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 04:10:40 PM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2022, 04:48:09 PM »

There is something sadly beautiful about the section where Brian sings in that clip. He does get stuck and drops one line, but that’s the only time that I’ve heard him sing that section without messing it up rhythmically, or just singing the first line, or forgetting to sing the section altogether.  He’s actually quite focused here, and he sounds really nice.

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2022, 05:28:12 PM »

Definitely, and for all his struggles, the issue has never been pitch. He’s spot on mostly…just no strength left . The funny part is, that part is harder to sing than any of the things he’s struggled with!

adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 01, 2022, 07:25:30 PM »

There is something sadly beautiful about the section where Brian sings in that clip. He does get stuck and drops one line, but that’s the only time that I’ve heard him sing that section without messing it up rhythmically, or just singing the first line, or forgetting to sing the section altogether.  He’s actually quite focused here, and he sounds really nice.

I too found it very poignant.
jonathan anderle
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 01, 2022, 10:41:21 PM »

There's footage from the 2004 Smile rehearsals where Brian, sitting at the keyboard during some downtime, starts playing and singing that Long Promised Road chorus part out of nowhere. You can see Darian and Probyn in the background give each other a "Whaaaaa" look, and then recover to sing the "ba ba, ba ba" part the second time around. It seemed so random at the time, but it is obviously very meaningful to him.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: August 02, 2022, 12:39:21 AM »

He played little snippets of that and The night Was So Young between songs when I saw him in Oct 2004. Seemed random at the time but obviously wasn’t

louielouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Have you ever been on an airplane?

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 02, 2022, 09:35:46 AM »

So it is a fact that Brian's participation in the Corona Capital festival in Mexico City is cancelled?

It's a shame, personally I bought a ticket just to hear Brian and his band. I guess I will have to ask for a refund if Brian's cancellation is confirmed.
Of course, if it is for his well being so be it, let’s hope he could overcome his major health struggles.
Angela Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2022, 09:55:52 AM »

It has been increasingly true the past month.  I can see why people have concerns; hell, *I* have my concerns. That right there says a lot. However, my issue is coming from a certain segment of the population claiming elder abuse, and comparing this to Landy when these “people” have no idea what the f*** they are talking about.  Not everyone has a damn ulterior motive!

I’ve debated whether to bring this second part up. I still may edit it out.  But look and listen to this, specifically Brian’s part

https://youtu.be/vYHRYyODZzE

I’m not going to speculate what’s wrong. It’s not my place to discuss that and it makes me uncomfortable. I will say the following…

Brian’s not unaware of where he is. Whatever is going on, I’m sensing  something physical. 2 minute mark, it’s like he’s trying to get the sound out but it’s not happening. He’s trying, but for whatever reason it’s difficult. It’s *not* because he “doesn’t know where he is”, so this whole “he’s being taken advantage of and he’s confused , and…”  None of that bs. Of course he’s going to look “miserable “; it’s not from him being “forced “…. he’s obviously in a tremendous amount of pain, he’s trying to push through because per his own words it helps keep the voices at bay. Except for whatever reason he can’t do it anymore. That would be hard on ANYONE, much less someone who has been through as much as Brian has.

So yeah, this fake concern some people have ( not referring to you JTHR, I know where you’re coming from…I’m addressing certain others) just rubs me the wrong way, because it’s not based out of love of Brian but more out of hatred.

Someone on Facebook posted that 'I often find that those who complain about what Brian's being 'forced' to do are mostly annoyed that he's not doing what they want him to do.' That certainly seems to me to be a perceptive comment.

I found the clip very moving. Maybe Brian has health issues of which we are unaware. In these times, it would hardly be surprising. But if it is finally becoming too much for Brian, that's unsurprising. It's stressful for anyone let alone someone with issues with his back.

Just one more thing. I saw some Beach Boys concerts back in the 70s at which the musical standard wasn't as high in some of Brian's shows with his band. Of course Brian had off days but when he was good, he was brilliant.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2022, 11:22:18 AM »

I just find it all so sad...the abrupt tour cancellation and Brian's seeming health decline. I said it before, but I really hope he'll be okay. And I hope all of us fans band together and send some prayers/positive thoughts his way.

Also, if Brian isn't able to tour anymore, I hope that his band sticks together. Honestly, they should just go back to being the Wondermints or something, and start releasing music, going on small tours. Heck, Brian could produce or write some songs for them to perform. I don't know how fiscally realistic that could be, but they gotta try and keep their amazing talent together for as long as they can.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Angela Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2022, 11:27:39 AM »

I just find it all so sad...the abrupt tour cancellation and Brian's seeming health decline. I said it before, but I really hope he'll be okay. And I hope all of us fans band together and send some prayers/positive thoughts his way.

Also, if Brian isn't able to tour anymore, I hope that his band sticks together. Honestly, they should just go back to being the Wondermints or something, and start releasing music, going on small tours. Heck, Brian could produce or write some songs for them to perform. I don't know how fiscally realistic that could be, but they gotta try and keep their amazing talent together for as long as they can.

If they were allowed to use the name The Brian Wilson Band it might help. I think they deserve that.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2022, 12:01:30 PM »

I’m not signaling the demise of Brian, but in any scenario where the rest of the band goes out as a “Brian Wilson Band” sort of thing, one has to remember that not only would there be a question of the type of bookings they could get (which in turn would dictate that it would be difficult to pay for that many musicians), but it’s not clear that all of the members would want to keep doing that. Obviously, some of them already do side gigs with tribute bands and whatnot. But at least a few of them don’t, and I’m not sure they’d want to keep it going without Brian. And obviously, either position/opinion on that is totally justifiable.

I tend to doubt the show *currently* makes a ton of money considering how many musicians are on stage. If they had to book smaller venues, I don’t think they could afford it. What you’d end up with is a scaled-back band along the lines of the band behind Al and his gigs.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx