gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:40:31 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2022 Tour Thread (Plus Archived 2021)  (Read 58343 times)
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2022, 07:07:48 PM »

Has there been any audio or video found from this tour yet? I’ve planned to go but am a little worried about how Brian’s voice might sound.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2022, 06:45:09 AM »

When Brian opened for Paul Simon many years ago, I left after Brian did his set out of respect for him.  And I like Paul Simon, but Brian should never open for anyone… He’s BRIAN FREAKING WILSON!!!

To each their own of course; Paul Simon is right up there though. Also, Simon was much of a known quantity as a touring act in 2001 with a more established touring fan base. Also, Brian signed up for being the opener on the tour in all of these cases, both in 2001 and now.

The only tour where I think the situation should have been reversed was the 2013 Beck tour, because I think that was a ton of Brian/BB fans, hot off the heels of the acclaimed C50 2012 reunion tour, seeing a 2013 Brian show and band that was essentially as much of a continuation of the 50th anniversary tour as they could muster on stage, having to sit through a set of instrumental Jeff Beck stuff that is most certainly *not* the same as high-energy well-known stuff like "25 or 6 to 4" (however much Chicago has a tribute band vibe now, the tribute band singer guy seems to be able to hit the notes, and the band is professional-sounding, etc.).

Where I think you'd see a good hunk of the 2001 Paul Simon audience or 2022 Chicago audience leaving before Brian's set if he closed, I don't think that many folks would have been leaving if Jeff Beck opened those 2013 dates.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
bonnevillemariner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2022, 09:08:40 AM »

A few thoughts from the concert last night in Salt Lake City...

This is my first time seeing Brian perform, so I have nothing to gauge this against. Unfortunately, I can't imagine that this wasn't my final opportunity to see him perform live.

Brian opened for Chicago, which was absolutely appropriate. Chicago had all the energy of their old days and a new album due out this summer. They were absolutely incredible. I've always lamented the fact that Chicago and Peter Cetera parted ways and that they haven't performed together since. The new tenor vocalist, Neil Donnell, is the first Cetera replacement that actually does a decent Cetera. I sure a good chunk of the audience had no idea he wasn't Cetera. Older dude with the voice of a 30 year old Cetera. Kudos there.

But back to Brian and the band. There were some spine tingling moments for sure: a lifelong fan seeing Brian in person for the first time, Darian's lead vocals, Blondie's guitar riffs.

--Brian is mostly absent, vocally, which I expected, but I had to wonder if he was more absent than the band expected. There were several tracks where it seemed like they expected Brian to take a lead vocal, but he didn't, resulting in songs with no first verse as the rest of the guys tried to figure out who would cover for him. You'd think they'd make a plan like, "ok, Brian's slated to take this lead. If he doesn't, that goes to you, Matt." And maybe they had contingency plans, but it sure didn't seem like it. I found myself relieved when a song came up where I knew definitively that somebody was assigned a lead and they knew it.

--Al, strangely, was also pretty absent. I think he sang lead on only one song (Help Me Rhonda). Like Brian, Al used a... shorthand style of singing, for lack of a better word. I *think* he sounded good, but I had no way of knowing because he kept turning away from the mic. He introed a few songs and stumbled with wording each time. Weird.

--Matt seems to have taken most of both Al and Brian's leads. At least he was the one who'd eventually pick up a lead when Brian would stop. Matt sounded so, so good. I don't know how he does it, but he can sound impeccibly like Al, Brian and Mike as the need arises.

--Darian-- flawless. I love his energy. Chicago's horn section joined him for a song.

--Blondie was NUTS. Wow. I've read they added Blondie to the touring group back in the day because of the energy he brought. Makes sense. He was a much needed shot in the arm last night-- dancing all over, crazy guitar solos. I left the venue a new Blondie fan.

--I was very much hoping for "Wishing You Were Here" with Chicago, but sadly that didn't happen.

--Love and Mercy was touching with sparse instruments that showcased the band's angelic harmonies. It was the only song I felt Brian made a legit attempt at, and he got a standing O at the end. I'm so grateful to have witnessed and participated in it, because I know what that means to him.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 09:12:09 AM by bonnevillemariner » Logged
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2022, 09:22:33 AM »

--Love and Mercy was touching with sparse instruments that showcased the band's angelic harmonies. It was the only song I felt Brian made a legit attempt at...

That's interesting.  On Saturday in Concord, I thought his strongest, most enthusiastic vocal was on "Be My Baby."
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2022, 01:28:31 PM »

Off topic, but for anyone wondering what Blondies off-sider Ricky is up to, he was backing Bonnie Raitt last night on Stephen Colbert’s show.

https://youtu.be/fvufkSHyM-Y
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2022, 09:41:29 AM »

Off topic, but for anyone wondering what Blondies off-sider Ricky is up to, he was backing Bonnie Raitt last night on Stephen Colbert’s show.

https://youtu.be/fvufkSHyM-Y

Maybe you’re just joking, but calling Ricky an offsider is a bit of a putdown, considering one could argue that Ricky is a better musician than Blondie (and I say that as a huge fan of Blondie).  I can’t remember where, but I’ve read interviews with Carl where he talks about Ricky being able to play anything. Like, he came across a steel pedal guitar for the first time and within hours was playing it competently. That kind of thing. I believe he was playing drums professionally as a child and won a contest for South Africa’s best drummer or something like that. He’s a pretty outstanding musician. He’s been part of BR’s band for years.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 09:42:06 AM by marcella27 » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2022, 12:31:18 AM »

Offsider as in a fellow South African and member of The Flame. Their individual musical abilities didn’t even get considered.
A classic case of lost in translation. A friend and partner best describes my countries definition.
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2022, 01:34:44 PM »

Offsider as in a fellow South African and member of The Flame. Their individual musical abilities didn’t even get considered.
A classic case of lost in translation. A friend and partner best describes my countries definition.

Ah!  Yes, the joys of English, where a word means one thing in one country and a completely different thing in another. Point taken!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2022, 06:43:06 PM »

Just saw Brian’s set in Kansas City. A shaky start, and he’s no doubt diminished as a live performer. However, he sang God Only Knows (for perhaps the first time this tour) and gave his utmost on several other leads. Perhaps it was the good vibes from the birthday video showed before the set, but the whole performance wound up being surprisingly soul-affirming and joyous. More details later.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2022, 05:04:56 AM »

Al Jardine shared video his wife took of the band and crowd wishing him a happy birthday and offering him a cake.  Brian looked like he had no clue where he was.  It was hard enough watching him get to his piano using a walker but all reports of the tour I've read so far suggest the man's pretty checked out at this point.  In all honesty if his handlers allowed him to retire I'd rather see him enjoying a nice steak every week while watching a 24-hr "Norbit" channel.  No idea what exactly Brian wants himself but I think the guy has given us enough of his time.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 05:06:17 AM by Awesoman » Logged

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2022, 05:14:12 AM »

“If his handlers allowed him to retire”?  Geez…
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2022, 06:05:58 AM »

Al Jardine shared video his wife took of the band and crowd wishing him a happy birthday and offering him a cake.  Brian looked like he had no clue where he was.  It was hard enough watching him get to his piano using a walker but all reports of the tour I've read so far suggest the man's pretty checked out at this point. In all honesty if his handlers allowed him to retire I'd rather see him enjoying a nice steak every week while watching a 24-hr "Norbit" channel.  No idea what exactly Brian wants himself but I think the guy has given us enough of his time.

Funny you say “I’d rather see him do this and this”….in merely one sentence you go from complaining that Brian is controlled to stating your wishes about what you’d like to see him doing. I hope you can see the irony.

Ever think that Brian may not want to sit his ass in front of a TV all day these days? Ever think that maybe, just maybe, he isn’t controlled and he just wants to be active and surrounded by his music loving friends? I’m sure all of us have witnessed elderly people having to give something up - be it driving, woodworking, etc. It really sucks to witness that. Brian isn’t hurting anyone here, he’s not a danger to himself or to others by singing his songs. If Brian didn’t want to do it he would be sitting at home right now.

Take the “handlers” sh*t to the EH dumpster where it belongs.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 06:06:50 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2022, 07:22:31 AM »

Easy there, Rab.  I'm merely just stating my feelings on this.  No need to take this so personally. 

Funny you say “I’d rather see him do this and this”….in merely one sentence you go from complaining that Brian is controlled to stating your wishes about what you’d like to see him doing. I hope you can see the irony.

Let's not grasp at straws, shall we?  I can be deliberately glib at times with my words but if you took away from my comments that I'm trying to "control" the guy myself, then I have a bridge to sell you.  I'm not stating I know what's best for the guy; he simply just does not look well at all ever since his surgery and although he was never comfortable on stage, it seems really pronounced at this point.  All I'm suggesting is that if he'd rather not be out there, he deserves to do what he wants.  If touring and performing is indeed what he wants to do then guess what?  You can agree to disagree with my comments. 

Ever think that Brian may not want to sit his ass in front of a TV all day these days? Ever think that maybe, just maybe, he isn’t controlled and he just wants to be active and surrounded by his music loving friends? I’m sure all of us have witnessed elderly people having to give something up - be it driving, woodworking, etc. It really sucks to witness that. Brian isn’t hurting anyone here, he’s not a danger to himself or to others by singing his songs. If Brian didn’t want to do it he would be sitting at home right now.

It's honestly next to impossible to tell what the guy wants due to his erratic behavior due to his mental illness.  Perhaps he does indeed want to keep performing and if that's the case then more power to him.  But his actions have always spoken louder than his words.  Hell, back in the early 70's all he seemed to want to do is stay in bed.  Do we honestly and sincerely believe that he is truly still "calling the shots" in his life?  It isn't exactly clear that he's been doing that at all since the 60's. 

Take the “handlers” sh*t to the EH dumpster where it belongs.

As someone who posts semi-regularly both here and on the EH board and has had no issues with either, I find this whole "rivalry" between the two message boards to be laughably ridiculous. 

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2022, 08:00:49 AM »

In all honesty if his handlers allowed him to retire

You realize everything that this implies? It implies that Brian isn't allowed to make big decisions in his life. It implies that if Brian is being forced against his will that every person in Brian's life (from Darian, to Al, to Brian's own children and good long-time friends, to his wife) don't stand up and speak out on his behalf...that they are ignoring what seems to be obvious to armchair quarterbacks watching YouTube clips, but they themselves are either clueless, or in on it, or are spineless.

So yeah, if I sound pissed I'm just tired of reading these claims that imply a lot of awful things about the great people in Brian's life.

If Brian didn't want to do any of this he would refuse to get out of bed. He would tell his doctors. He would tell his friends. But guess what, his friends all say he wants to be out on the road. But yet for some reason people on the internet don't believe that and keep fueling these silly theories that Brian has no control over his own life.

As for the ridiculousness of the board feuds....most of the people who claim that Brian is controlled, most of the people with an ax to grind with Melinda are on that forum, most people with a history of talking sh*t about Melinda or Brian's life are on that forum. Which is why I say that this sh*t belongs there. Has nothing to do with forum "rivalry".

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2022, 08:24:33 AM »

In all honesty if his handlers allowed him to retire

You realize everything that this implies? It implies that Brian isn't allowed to make big decisions in his life. It implies that if Brian is being forced against his will that every person in Brian's life (from Darian, to Al, to Brian's own children and good long-time friends, to his wife) don't stand up and speak out on his behalf...that they are ignoring what seems to be obvious to armchair quarterbacks watching YouTube clips, but they themselves are either clueless, or in on it, or are spineless.

So yeah, if I sound pissed I'm just tired of reading these claims that imply a lot of awful things about the great people in Brian's life.

If Brian didn't want to do any of this he would refuse to get out of bed. He would tell his doctors. He would tell his friends. But guess what, his friends all say he wants to be out on the road. But yet for some reason people on the internet don't believe that and keep fueling these silly theories that Brian has no control over his own life.

You're reading way too deep into my initial comments.  Exactly what it is that Brian wants has been (understandly) scrutinized and discussed/debated endlessly by fans for years.  Especially due to the Landy years of him being a prisoner basically to that guy, people are going to wonder how much control he has in his life.  That's just the way it is.  I don't suggest he's being held at gunpoint or being abused, or even that the people around him have malicious intentions.  But even to this day he has folks that seem to "push" him to be active when he truly at this point looks physically and mentally checked out.  It's not a crime to question these things as none of us can read his mind.  

As for the ridiculousness of the board feuds....most of the people who claim that Brian is controlled, most of the people with an ax to grind with Melinda are on that forum, most people with a history of talking sh*t about Melinda or Brian's life are on that forum. Which is why I say that this sh*t belongs there. Has nothing to do with forum "rivalry".

Uh, sounds like it has absolutely everything to do with rivalry then.  
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 08:45:58 AM by Awesoman » Logged

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2022, 08:38:21 AM »

I'm not reading into anything deeply. You straight up claimed that Brian has handlers that don't allow him to do a certain thing (retire)....that just flat out implies certain things. If you can't see that then so be it.

And as for forum "rivalry", that implies some competition or superiority. I am not claiming one thing or another about us winning or dominating anything, just stating a fact that a lot of prominent posters there have claimed Melinda is controlling, have claimed that Brian is controlled by handlers, etc, and that such talk would seem to belong there since many* (edited out "most" as I have no idea how many people there actually believe this nonsense) people there agree with this claim of Brian not being able to retire due to his "handlers".
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 08:42:47 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2022, 08:57:32 AM »

I'm not reading into anything deeply. You straight up claimed that Brian has handlers that don't allow him to do a certain thing (retire)....that just flat out implies certain things. If you can't see that then so be it.

Does Brian not have handlers then?  Is he totally calling all the shots?  No management to speak of?  No influence in decision making of his career from his wife?  And for the record, the term "handlers" doesn't automatically imply anything negative.  Virtually every entertainer has handlers.  My usage of the word was not intended to be derogative.  That's why you're reading into this too deeply. 

Check out this Facebook post from the Chicago band celebrating Brian's birthday and take a look at the kind of comments it's getting:

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=595353031949347&set=pcb.595362301948420

Those comments and that image of Brian are exactly why some folks question these things.  That maybe Brian doesn't want to be there.  And it's perfectly understandable and okay to question these things.  Isn't that the point of these forums is to be allowed have these type of discussions? 

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2022, 09:12:04 AM »

You simply wrote "if his handlers allowed him to retire".

No other entertainer ever (outside of some Landy-esque sociopathic control) has handlers who wouldn't allow them to retire. I'm merely replying to what you said. Your usage of the term "handler" became derogatory when you claimed that they are impeding his ability to make a very important life choice. Again, if you can't see this, so be it.

And some comments on social media doesn't prove anything. It is ONE moment/snapshot from Brian's birthday - talk about reading too deeply into things. Goodness gracious.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 09:12:39 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2022, 10:02:52 AM »

You simply wrote "if his handlers allowed him to retire".

No other entertainer ever (outside of some Landy-esque sociopathic control) has handlers who wouldn't allow them to retire. I'm merely replying to what you said. Your usage of the term "handler" became derogatory when you claimed that they are impeding his ability to make a very important life choice. Again, if you can't see this, so be it.

If you wish to nitpick my phraseology then more power to you.  Like I stated before I can be deliberately glib with my words at times.  But I think I've made it clear in elaborating what I meant with those words so to continue to sit on that phrase by taking it too literally is silly.  Because again I don't believe that Brian is being held at gunpoint or that he is being treated maliciously.  However I personally believe at least in some capacity that the reason Brian "wants to be out there" has more to do with his wife and others close to him wanting him to keep going.  Why do you think some folks have an axe to grind with Melinda in the first place?  Hasn't she allegedly clashed with most of the other Beach Boys including Carl and Mike in the past?  Didn't she even fuel a legal battle with Joe Thomas after Imagination came out?   Didn't Brian's own daughter Carnie once refer to her as "Me-landy"?  Perhaps these questions are unfair to Melinda as I admit I don't know her personally and in all honesty I don't really even "take a side" with her.  But I'll ask again: do we honestly and sincerely believe that Brian is truly still "calling the shots" in his life?  

I don't have any idea what the truth is, but where there's smoke there's a fire.  Brian's a complicated guy and completely a hard read due to his lifelong illness.  So maybe he really does want to be out there performing despite the fact that he looks moreso than ever completely miserable at times.  I just don't think it's completely unfair to consider that there is a good chance that maybe he doesn't actually want to continue performing.  If I'm ultimately wrong in that assessment then so be it.  But it isn't an unfair assessment to make.  

« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 10:21:35 AM by Awesoman » Logged

joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2022, 10:11:52 AM »

As much of you accuse Awesomeman for not knowing what is really happening, you seem pretty sure from the other point of view that Brian would not be doing tings if he didn't want to.
Are you certain about that? There are many accounts of Brian's handlers pushing Brian for better or worse.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2022, 10:23:56 AM »

I have faith that if Brian were being pushed in a direction that was impacting his overall happiness and health, that the good people who have been around Brian for the last 20+ years would have the human decency to stand up for him (if Brian really was in a situation that he could not have the final say in)...including his daughters and close friends.

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2022, 10:31:16 AM »

Sad to see him moving so slowly on the walker but think the whole Birthday oddness was just a Brian thing.

You're expecting him to say "Thanks" or something, he doesn't...probably just feeling a bit awkward or lost for words at that moment.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2022, 10:54:13 AM »

Are we REALLY starting this crap with Melinda AGAIN?! Seriously?!

I’m trying to choose my words very carefully as I’m not trying to let my emotions cloud what I’m about to say, but dammit it’s hard.* Brian’s going to be the same at this point whether he is on stage or not. Him being active is likely far better for him mentally and emotionally than staying at home because some of his alleged fans think they know everything. I didn’t want to get too personal but f*** it. I’m not well, and am now on disability. People fucking treat me like a fucking helpless child in my real life and I hate it more than I can possibly express into words. I also suffer from mental illness and severe depression, and every day is a struggle not to opt out. Every day of my miserable life. I have things aside from my family that keep me going, mainly creating music. When the day comes where I’m no longer able to do that, I’m out. If I was forced to quit?! Hell no. Over my dead body. Now I don’t know what it’s like to be 80 years old with schizo-affective disorder , nor have I experienced half of what Brian has gone through. I don’t know what it’s like to have audio hallucinations, at least not with voices (I’ve heard music in my head my entire life but not counting that ). What I DO know if that Brian and those close to him have stated how important the outpouring of love and support he gets from the fans live is incredibly important and dear to Brian. Now if you REALLY think taking that away from Brian and leaving him home feeling the exact same way only minus something that’s pushing him to keep going??? f*** that noise. What do you wanna do, put him in a damn rest home?! This has nothing to with board vs board, this is a man’s life, someone we’re allegedly all fans of, right? Trust me, seeing Brian like this depresses the hell out of me. But what is worse is the fact that he’s not going to be doing this much longer one way or another. Stay home and don’t watch. But have some damn decency and let the man do what he wants.

*giggity.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2022, 11:00:50 AM »

I have faith that if Brian were being pushed in a direction that was impacting his overall happiness and health, that the good people who have been around Brian for the last 20+ years would have the human decency to stand up for him (if Brian really was in a situation that he could not have the final say in)...including his daughters and close friends.

Thank you. I mean sh*t, I know certain people have an axe to grind with Melinda, but how about his kids? Carnie and Wendy obviously, but Daria, Delaney , and Dylan are all adults too and I’m certain they take a vested interest in their father’s care and well being. But the way some of these monsters act online  you’d think everyone would be huddled in a fucking circle chanting to Baal on how to make him suffer the most , like he doesn’t have anybody who loves and cares about him. 😒 

News flash…not everyone in the world is devious and thinks like that. Hey, I live in Texas, trust me I know many people on this world are cruel and hateful , but not everyone. There are still good and decent people on this world. Maybe not so much on beach boys forums .

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2022, 11:36:08 AM »

Billy,

I'm truly sorry to hear of your struggles and your health issues.  I'm glad to hear that you have creating music to keep you happy.  But if your comments were directed at me, I hope you can understand that by no means do I have any ill intentions here.  My main point is that I'm concerned that Brian simply doesn't look great out there onstage, his health at this point is a valid concern, and if there is any possibility that he doesn't want to be up there on stage then I hope he gets the opportunity to do what he wants.  That was all I was trying to say.  If he wants to continue to perform until he drops then more power to him.  I do stand by my assessment that I believe his life is at least somewhat directed for better or for worse, but that does not automatically mean I think his team are actively abusing him.  Can two things not be true at the same time?  And as I stated before I also don't have any ill feelings towards Melinda as I am largely indifferent to her; I'm just not oblivious as to why others have taken issue with her in the past.  Doesn't mean I have any "axe to grind" with her at all.  And having these concerns about the situation by no means makes me a "monster"; I care about the guy's well-being just as much as anyone even if we don't see it the same way.  Brian's overall health has been a topic of discussion amongst fans for almost as long as his overall career has lasted and it is inevitable that discussion and debates will arise from it.  We've pretty much exhausted this exchange for today so I don't plan on following up, but I would appreciate keeping the civility here even if some of you don't like or agree with my take.  
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 11:37:13 AM by Awesoman » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx