gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:36:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 842052 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: June 02, 2021, 10:51:39 AM »

The music  universe post has been pulled.. also we've heard nothing from The Beach Boys.

Maybe some places went a day early on this

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: June 02, 2021, 11:01:00 AM »

I'd like to say thanks too - staggering! Something in there to delight all listeners.

Looking forward to the whole, but in terms of individual tracks too, I'm most excited about Back Home Live '76; the new Dennis material; Big Sur; Back Home demo; When Girls Get Together and Awake. Not to mention the new album mixes.

Thanks for ensuring it was released guys.

There are no new album mixes

Oh, doesn't make much difference anyways -- great released.

I don't quite understand though -- it gives the full LPs and says "2019 mix" next to them. What are these tracks if not album remixes?? Just wanna know what they are in this case.

"Join the young and often spring you gave" - Surf's Up (BW/VDP)
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: June 02, 2021, 11:02:24 AM »

Lots of juicy goodness here!  Diggin' that artwork and booklet.  And once again, huge thanks to all involved!!!   Rock!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 11:09:00 AM by Bedroom Tapes » Logged
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: June 02, 2021, 11:04:36 AM »

I'd like to say thanks too - staggering! Something in there to delight all listeners.

Looking forward to the whole, but in terms of individual tracks too, I'm most excited about Back Home Live '76; the new Dennis material; Big Sur; Back Home demo; When Girls Get Together and Awake. Not to mention the new album mixes.

I don't quite understand though -- it gives the full LPs and says "2019 mix" next to them. What are these tracks if not album remixes?? Just wanna know what they are in this case.

It says "2019 master"
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: June 02, 2021, 11:08:10 AM »

It says "2019 master"

Oh, woopsie. Must have confused the 'mix' labels on tracks below with them. Apologies.

"Join the young and often spring you gave" - Surf's Up (BW/VDP)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3355 on: June 02, 2021, 11:12:46 AM »

As others have pointed out, track listings on latter-day releases (e.g. in the digital/streaming era) have usually been pretty good about indicating remix vs. (re)master, and this track listing notes these are "masters", not remixes. These notations are usually accurate, down to noting the year the remasters were done even when the eventual sets they're housed on have been delayed significantly.

All of which, as I suspected, has rendered previous debates about the efficacy of doing remixes on these two albums moot.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 11:13:25 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
hideyotsuburaya
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: June 02, 2021, 11:33:53 AM »

"As for the Coca Cola track, perhaps there were copyright issues."

it's 2021 for pete's sake, how many more decades does this set need to wait until 'copyright issues' finally are resolved?
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: June 02, 2021, 11:56:38 AM »

We've gotten a bout 200 previously unreleased tracks in the last decade alone. Is 1 track of a song we have multiple versions of really worth getting this upset about?

Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: June 02, 2021, 11:59:07 AM »

Many Many THANKS to all those involved in making this Set a reality

Massive thanks to all The Beach Boys (especially to Dennis & Carl ,who might not be here but must be looking down and enjoying our euphoria) for making such superb music during the period in question
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: June 02, 2021, 12:03:14 PM »

CD 5. Bonus Disc

Oh my god

How is it not possible for me to get the 5CD set, the 2 CD and the Vinyl box set

Wouldn't all material be found on the 5CD box set?

The vinyl/2CD sets seem to have a handful of unique edits.

Seems a litte strange. Is there anywhere that does a comparison?

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3360 on: June 02, 2021, 12:26:26 PM »

The 5CD box looks great, looking forward to getting it.  I noticed Back Home (1970) is not on here (and that's ok - we have it on Made In California) plus we do get other versions of it anyway.  I was hoping for a full a Capella version of Break Away.  Other than that - I am thrilled with the track list!  I knew something special had to be planned for Sunflower (and Surf's Up) when the 1969 copyright dump was 3 songs.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: June 02, 2021, 12:47:41 PM »

Amazing beyond words, thanks to Howie, Mark, Alan, and everyone involved!
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: June 02, 2021, 01:04:31 PM »

Tears (I got tears I got tears) in the morning (in the mornin')
Now that the release day is coming soon
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: June 02, 2021, 01:22:40 PM »

My typical MO for such things is Deluxe Box Set + Vinyl Set. Now please get this up for preorder. Pleeeeeeeease.  LOL
smog police
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: June 02, 2021, 01:31:26 PM »

Totally agree - it'll be the 5 CDs and vinyl for me. Howie was right - this thing looks very special!
Rich E P
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: June 02, 2021, 01:41:21 PM »

Damn, am I the only one literally drooling over the tastiness of this set!  So excited.  I have always loved this underappreciated (by the general music buying public) era of the band's work.  This beautiful set seems like a wonderful in depth exploration of the work and an embarrassment of riches.

Many thanks to Howie (I really enjoyed your posts and teasers leading up to this announcement), Mark and Alan, and everyone else involved in what is clearly a labour of love.  I had the opportunity to exchange messages (and provide concert tickets) with/to Mark several years back and Alan Boyd was kind enough to invite me over to his place to talk Beach Boys and listen to some wonderful audio treats.  Top Gents. My limited experience with these folks behind these projects is that they are knowledgeable, passionate professionals who know and love the music. They work hard.  We all know how difficult it is to please all parties involved with this band that we love so much.  Your work is appreciated.  Thanks for keeping the legacy alive and vital!

As others have said, this has been a very trying last year and a half.  This promise of this set has been a carrot that has kept me going and holding out hope for the future.  Perhaps that sounds overly dramatic but it is the truth.  

Roll on July 23.  And if anyone can find a listing to preorder on Amazon Canada send me a link.  Doesn't seem available for preorder yet.  I know I will be purchasing every variation possible because I am a geek like that and that is just what I do.  If loving The Beach Boys is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 02:39:38 PM by Rich E P » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: June 02, 2021, 01:58:48 PM »

Pre orders will definitely be up on the third wherever you are

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3367 on: June 02, 2021, 02:02:31 PM »

w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: June 02, 2021, 02:49:59 PM »

What great news! Can’t wait. Does anyone have the track listing for the vinyl set?

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: June 02, 2021, 02:59:09 PM »

Well, this is certainly something. Can't wait! Thanks to everyone for making it a reality!

Watch out for snakes!
Steven
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: June 02, 2021, 03:45:49 PM »

Thrilling to read the track list and view the cover art. (Which vaguely reminds of a cross between ENDLESS SUMMER and FRIENDS.) I'll be down for the 5CD set whenever pre-order is available. A grateful "Thanks" to all who made FEEL FLOWS happen!

Formerly known as "Moon Dawg"
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: June 02, 2021, 04:01:31 PM »

Big sur on Spotify here in Ireland now

So beautiful 😍

MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: June 02, 2021, 04:06:35 PM »

Yay! Can't wait!
feelintheflows
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: June 02, 2021, 04:55:35 PM »

They always F up the cover art. IMO. Aaaaaaalways half ass 🤷🏻‍♂️
This is the artwork we get from the box set of 2 of their best albums.... yikes
You would think since the title is called Feel Flows the art would be from 1971
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 05:20:26 PM by feelintheflows » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: June 02, 2021, 05:02:32 PM »

You can order the box set as an MP3 right now on amazon as an MP3 but not the physical copy. So strange.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx