gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:41:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841810 times)
Terry Trolley
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #3225 on: May 08, 2021, 03:35:50 PM »

Howie commented on one of my facebook posts confirming the Dennis stuff will definitely be on the box

I put more stock in any information from Howie than anybody else. That said, I have a very strong hunch this information is indeed correct
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3226 on: May 08, 2021, 08:06:52 PM »

Excellent

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: May 09, 2021, 06:20:42 AM »

I put more stock in any information from Howie than anybody else. That said, I have a very strong hunch this information is indeed correct

Oh, only quoted AGD in this case because it was the most recent confirmation that I had heard. Ordinarily Howie would be my go-to guy as well.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 10:32:34 PM by Dove Nested Towers » Logged

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: May 09, 2021, 02:27:42 PM »

O only quoted AGD in this case because it was the most recent confirmation that I had heard about it. Ordinarily Howie would also be my go-to guy.

Howie is da man when it comes to Feel Flows box set news.  Grin

Are we thinking that the version of I've Got A Friend is just the track, or that a vocal sync from a live recording has been done?
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: May 09, 2021, 05:02:27 PM »

I hope the short versions were made for inclusion on the vinyl version.
If they shortened some tracks for the box, that would be such a loss.
But it’s better to hear these songs even in truncated versions than not to hear them at all.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: May 09, 2021, 05:12:11 PM »

This could be the week we hear something 🙏

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: May 09, 2021, 10:33:45 PM »

O only quoted AGD in this case because it was the most recent confirmation that I had heard about it. Ordinarily Howie would also be my go-to guy.

Howie is da man when it comes to Feel Flows box set news.  Grin

Are we thinking that the version of I've Got A Friend is just the track, or that a vocal sync from a live recording has been done?

I would think that flying in a lo-fi vocal from one of the live recordings would be quite a stretch, even a desecration of the pristine studio instr. track. Doubtful that any better res or studio vocal exists or we would have probably heard about it by now.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 10:40:34 AM by Dove Nested Towers » Logged

Daly, Chicago 1968
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3232 on: May 10, 2021, 02:17:15 AM »

I would think that flying in a lo-fi vocal from one of the live recordings would be quite a stretch.

Same here. If no studio vocal does exist then it will only be the backing track.
But I guess it is possible that a professional live recording is in the vaults and could be included (just a guess!).

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
nts and the drum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: May 10, 2021, 04:35:58 AM »

I would think that flying in a lo-fi vocal from one of the live recordings would be quite a stretch.

Same here. If no studio vocal does exist then it will only be the backing track.
But I guess it is possible that a professional live recording is in the vaults and could be included (just a guess!).

I'm just glad that the song is getting an official release! For years I've always wanted to know how it was going to sound & what the lyrics were (the bootlegs were pretty bad). Wink
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: May 10, 2021, 07:02:04 AM »

A pro recording would only exist in the RTL vaults in Luxembourg.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3235 on: May 11, 2021, 05:30:35 AM »

A pro recording would only exist in the RTL vaults in Luxembourg.

And that might not even be multi-track.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: May 12, 2021, 11:48:25 AM »

Hilarious how calm we all are about the impending release of FF as opposed to the folks over yonder who are now salivating uncontrollably and getting worried about timing discrepancies...as Sly Stone once sang, que sera sera!  LOL
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: May 12, 2021, 11:50:07 AM »

I've been waiting since November 2019. I'm personally burned out

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: May 12, 2021, 07:45:23 PM »

I can't say I'm excited about it, either. Can't say I believe it's gonna be released anytime soon, either.

It's right down there with the Get Back/Let it Be revision.

Either put the stuff out now, or stop talking about it.
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: May 13, 2021, 08:05:49 AM »

The version of "I've Got A Friend" on FF is the track only.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: May 13, 2021, 10:14:13 AM »

I can't say I'm excited about it, either. Can't say I believe it's gonna be released anytime soon, either.

It's right down there with the Get Back/Let it Be revision.

Either put the stuff out now, or stop talking about it.

It's not that I'm not excited. I am just bored of speculating and waiting for an announcement which I'm sure a lot of others are too.

If the July release date is legit I guess we will be hearing something in the next few weeks. Let's see what happens.

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: May 13, 2021, 12:38:30 PM »

Thank you very much for that info, Howie, hello! I've seen a track list that lists it on the set at 2-odd minutes, but one member here says that the version he's heard was nearly 4 minutes long. Was it edited for the set (unfortunate) or is there some other explanation?

Daly, Chicago 1968
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: May 13, 2021, 01:02:18 PM »

Thank you very much for that info, Howie, hello! I've seen a track list that lists it on the set at 2-odd minutes, but one member here says that the version he's heard was nearly 4 minutes long. Was it edited for the set (unfortunate) or is there some other explanation?

I would assume edited for listenability, since the progression largely just repeats. It has to all get on a CD somehow.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3243 on: May 13, 2021, 01:19:39 PM »

Thank you, Howie!

I'm just listening to the live version ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RySyQx6hrwA ). Again, I think Blondie would lead himself very well to sing especially the second part of the song ("I've got a friend, that makes me giggle when I'm feeling down" etc.). The first part could be done by either one, Brian or Al. I guess they could still do this.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: May 14, 2021, 01:14:32 PM »

Hmm...amazing how most of us are so calm about the impending FF...!  Cool Guy

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: May 14, 2021, 02:25:14 PM »

Hmm...amazing how most of us are so calm about the impending FF...!  Cool Guy

Right? I'm just happy that it's coming out. I am surprised that there hasn't been much talk about it publicly - but I'm sure there are many reasons for that. One day we'll get a release date, pre-order, and a press release and this place will explode Grin

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3246 on: May 14, 2021, 07:08:09 PM »

I’m excited, but a combination of health issues (was in hospital for a week and just got out today) , focusing on my band, and doing a deep dive into Nirvana’s catalog, I’ve been a bit preoccupied. That said in a couple of mj the minds are going to be blown.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: May 15, 2021, 04:42:59 AM »

Best time to drop any Beach Boys stuff is early summer, as it always has been. Hoping for news soon!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: May 16, 2021, 02:01:55 AM »

Got to credit David Beard on the EH board.

https://esquarterly.com/2021/05/16/al-jardine-discusses-the-beach-boys-feel-flows-set-and-potentials-for-a-60th-anniversary/

Feel Flows box set

Al Jardine: Wait until you hear the live version of “Take A Load Off Your Feet”; it will blow your ‘sandals’ off! It is so damn good … I almost fainted when I heard it. I didn’t even remember performing it live. I think Mike Meros is on the keys … There’s an entire live performance section that will be on the Feel Flows set of that era’s songs from different performances of ours through the years. It’s beautifully done … absolute perfection. I’ve always hated the studio version of “Take A Load Off Your Feet,” but now I LOVE it because of this live version. Isn’t that funny? It’s what I call ‘playback/payback.’

There are a lot of great live tracks performed through the years from that era that are on the new Feel Flows release, and at least half the collection contains alternate takes. It’s all very fascinating and a lot of fun to listen to.

The Beach Boys 60th Anniversary

For the 60th anniversary, I’ve got a feeling we’ll do shows in several different locations. I’m not sure how many though. We will definitely do a show in Los Angeles … I think that’s on the horizon. I’m not sure, but I think it’s going to be more of a tribute show to The Beach Boys … performed by other acts. I think there’s also consideration of another album. I have a calypso/folk style song called “Islands In The Sun” that I think would fit nicely. We’ll have to wait and see what happens.

©2021 Endless Summer Quarterly/All Rights Reserved
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: May 16, 2021, 08:00:47 AM »

Thanks for posting. Very interesting

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx