gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:27:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841756 times)
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: March 08, 2021, 12:30:37 AM »

x
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 12:32:32 AM by Dove Nested Towers » Logged

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: March 08, 2021, 12:31:22 AM »

As excited as I am about this set, the next one should be even better...

I'd put an instrumental & backing vocal mix of 'Trader" at or near the top of things that I would most like to hear. Uncanny backing vocals on that lovely song. Anyone listening?

Daly, Chicago 1968
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: March 08, 2021, 07:02:41 AM »

Isolated tracks for many of the tunes in the CATP/HOLLAND phase would be most welcome, with "The Trader" at or near the top of the list. (But I think that's for a follow-up set and not for FEEL FLOWS...)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3028 on: March 08, 2021, 08:11:53 AM »

As excited as I am about this set, the next one should be even better...

I'd put an instrumental & backing vocal mix of 'Trader" at or near the top of things that I would most like to hear. Uncanny backing vocals on that lovely song. Anyone listening?

Incredible song (music AND lyrics) and production! Any outtakes and/or mixes would be great

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3029 on: March 08, 2021, 03:46:55 PM »

Only OT post from me but that comment about the next set reminds me I need to hurry up and put my  re-EQ’D/mix of the So Tough and Holland albums up on YouTube before the next copyright extension gets them taken down!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: March 10, 2021, 07:16:01 PM »

Isolated tracks for many of the tunes in the CATP/HOLLAND phase would be most welcome, with "The Trader" at or near the top of the list. (But I think that's for a follow-up set and not for FEEL FLOWS...)

Obviously.

Daly, Chicago 1968
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: March 12, 2021, 01:18:02 PM »

https://twitter.com/beachboyslegacy/status/1290814686867476480/photo/1
Not mine, but thought I'd share.

Also, I remember seeing some fan made box set mock-ups of The Beach Boys Love You and some of their other albums somewhere online.  Anyone out there know where I can find those again?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 01:22:37 PM by Bedroom Tapes » Logged
echomatic
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: March 12, 2021, 03:12:30 PM »

https://twitter.com/beachboyslegacy/status/1290814686867476480/photo/1
Not mine, but thought I'd share.

Also, I remember seeing some fan made box set mock-ups of The Beach Boys Love You and some of their other albums somewhere online.  Anyone out there know where I can find those again?

Are you thinking of "Ear Candy"?
https://www.earcandymag.com/smilemerchandise-1211.htm

« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 03:44:38 PM by echomatic » Logged
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: March 12, 2021, 04:43:21 PM »

I remember seeing that stuff but I'm talking about other albums having deluxe box sets.  I recall a "Love You" one for sure.  May have even been created by someone else on this board...?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 04:44:51 PM by Bedroom Tapes » Logged
Dan Lega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: March 12, 2021, 08:20:28 PM »

On YouTube there's an interview with Brian from 1974 that I don't think I'd ever heard before.  I post it here because Brian mentions writing some songs with Roger McGuinn, and I'm hoping Howie, Mark, and Alan can find them and put them on an upcoming boxed set!   Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVdj_AC60ls&t=16s
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: March 13, 2021, 04:48:54 AM »

In the “Echo Canyon” film, Roger Mcguinn says that every time Brian sees him, Brian says “Ding Dang!”
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: March 13, 2021, 04:59:49 AM »

I remember seeing that stuff but I'm talking about other albums having deluxe box sets.  I recall a "Love You" one for sure.  May have even been created by someone else on this board...?

Judd made some really amazing mock-ups many years ago. I couldn't find the Love You set though - not sure if he did that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

And an oldie but a goodie. Oh the good 'ol days...

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
FlowsOfFeeling
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: March 13, 2021, 07:32:21 AM »

Mike's touring band publicizing archival Beach Boys product has always been kind of conflicting and weird for a lot of fans. But he's been doing it for ages, so, so be it.

You mean The Beach Boys?
roffels
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: March 13, 2021, 11:03:20 AM »

Mike's touring band publicizing archival Beach Boys product has always been kind of conflicting and weird for a lot of fans. But he's been doing it for ages, so, so be it.

You mean The Beach Boys?
If you go to the Beach Boys' official site, all the show are credited to Mike Love, not The Beach Boys.
https://www.thebeachboys.com/events
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: March 13, 2021, 11:33:26 AM »

You mean The Beach Boys?
If you go to the Beach Boys' official site, all the show are credited to Mike Love, not The Beach Boys.

Yet when you click on the ticket links, they say 'The Beach Boys'. Very interesting that MIKE LOVE is written next to each show.

As for what HeyJude said, Mike Love does tour under his own name with the same band - and those shows have used some archival Beach Boys pictures as promotion in the past.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: March 13, 2021, 12:01:04 PM »

In response to rab2591, that's what I was talking about.  Thanks! Cool Guy
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: March 13, 2021, 03:57:43 PM »

On another board there's been talk of some box set release on Amazon, but with no title, names or anything. Anyone?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 04:58:24 PM by bsten » Logged
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: March 13, 2021, 03:58:42 PM »

Heard of the Beach Boys and Brian Wilson - but who's that guy Mike Love??

(Pun intended...)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 04:57:44 PM by bsten » Logged
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: March 13, 2021, 03:59:33 PM »

There's been talk about upcoming box sets - anyone know if they are in the works??
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 04:37:01 PM by bsten » Logged
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: March 13, 2021, 04:05:33 PM »

I remember seeing that stuff but I'm talking about other albums having deluxe box sets.  I recall a "Love You" one for sure.  May have even been created by someone else on this board...?

Judd made some really amazing mock-ups many years ago. I couldn't find the Love You set though - not sure if he did that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Wow, never heard of or seen before - still I consider myself a die-hard fan - ever since 1965...
Are they still available??
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 04:59:30 PM by bsten » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3045 on: March 14, 2021, 03:13:29 AM »

You mean The Beach Boys?

I think it's possible that this is just for the website. It looks like the Beach Boys' online presentation will get a big update because of the selling of their copyrights etc., so I guess that their website will contain tour dates for all variations and that therefor it will be mentioned on the website which of the Beach Boys will be part of the individual show so that nobody would expect to see the full Beach Boys band when it's just Mike and Bruce or Brian, Al and Blondie. But of course this is just a guess from my side. I'm just not expecting Mike not being allowed anymore to tour under the Beach Boys' name, that's why I'm hesitating to read more into this.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: March 14, 2021, 05:41:57 PM »

That amazon thing is interesting. Remember it was the same with the smile sessions.. just popped up on amazon one day

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Greg Parry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: March 15, 2021, 04:36:28 AM »

That amazon thing is interesting. Remember it was the same with the smile sessions.. just popped up on amazon one day

I ordered it. They won't charge me till it ships, and if it turns out to be the Bucks Fizz Box set, I'll just cancel it. Best case scenario, I get Feel Flows on release day for the price-locked price.
scottythered
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: March 15, 2021, 02:19:26 PM »

I ordered it. They won't charge me till it ships, and if it turns out to be the Bucks Fizz Box set, I'll just cancel it. Best case scenario, I get Feel Flows on release day for the price-locked price.

Is there a link to this mystery Amazon box set?
scottythered
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: March 15, 2021, 02:54:31 PM »

Is there a link to this mystery Amazon box set?

nvm, I found it. Looks like Amazon pulled it for sale in Japan, UK and Australia, and it's completely memory-holed in the US site. But it is both a 5CD box and 2CD set coming from Universal Music Group in June, so... [fingers crossed]
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx