gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:04:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841462 times)
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2350 on: November 05, 2020, 06:31:03 AM »

Hey guys, what show / year do you think this is from?

https://youtu.be/rimKDkeAeT4

Do you think it sounds 1970-1971ish?

Filmore East 1971. It's a radio broadcast which is why random people can put it on their random albums.

And now the video is gone.  🤷‍♂️

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2351 on: November 05, 2020, 12:27:18 PM »

Filmore East 1971. It's a radio broadcast which is why random people can put it on their random albums.

It works in the UK still.

sloopjohnb72
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: November 05, 2020, 12:55:25 PM »

It was never up in the US if that's where you're from. These random radio releases happen at totally random times in totally random countries. Has nothing to do with Feel Flows anyway.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2353 on: November 05, 2020, 04:06:09 PM »

It was never up in the US if that's where you're from. These random radio releases happen at totally random times in totally random countries. Has nothing to do with Feel Flows anyway.

Yeah I'm in the States so that was the case. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2354 on: November 08, 2020, 11:01:11 AM »

Great to hear things are on track! Now we just wait for something like a release date.

Signed,

An Entitled Fan With Money Already Socked Away To Buy This Box Set

LOL

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: November 08, 2020, 06:28:47 PM »

A press release to say its actually coming at some point wouldn't be so difficult

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
AaronReturn2005
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: November 08, 2020, 11:23:14 PM »

I just uploaded a copy of a Smile bootleg onto YouTube. Funnily enough, the piano demo of Surf's Up was tagged as the "Brian Wilson Lead Vocal 2019 Mix" some people are getting. Yes, the claim did include the entire first movement (with a different melody and ending to the backing track) and the falsetto outro from it, so this might suggest it's NOT a re-remix of the Smile Sessions version, but rather something closer to a '67 Surf's Up.
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: November 09, 2020, 04:19:09 AM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:54:48 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: November 09, 2020, 08:14:32 AM »

I just uploaded a copy of a Smile bootleg onto YouTube. Funnily enough, the piano demo of Surf's Up was tagged as the "Brian Wilson Lead Vocal 2019 Mix" some people are getting. Yes, the claim did include the entire first movement (with a different melody and ending to the backing track) and the falsetto outro from it, so this might suggest it's NOT a re-remix of the Smile Sessions version, but rather something closer to a '67 Surf's Up.

That's not how the site's copyright detection works, it'd only take a few seconds of similar audio for the algorithm to find something to flag.

All of my production recreation videos get flagged initially, and not only are they not the original recordings, but are often missing huge chunks of instrumentation and vocals.  YouTube's AI is a big dumb brute at the moment.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: November 09, 2020, 09:47:25 AM »

That's not how the site's copyright detection works, it'd only take a few seconds of similar audio for the algorithm to find something to flag.

All of my production recreation videos get flagged initially, and not only are they not the original recordings, but are often missing huge chunks of instrumentation and vocals.  YouTube's AI is a big dumb brute at the moment.

That's really bizarre, because I always just assumed that the algorithm was solely searching for a specific waveform, like a fingerprint identification, much in the way the Shazam app would do that.

What you are saying leads me to wonder if that might be the case, but additionally their dummy AI machine might flag stuff simply by title?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: November 09, 2020, 11:22:22 AM »

All of my production recreation videos get flagged initially, and not only are they not the original recordings, but are often missing huge chunks of instrumentation and vocals.  YouTube's AI is a big dumb brute at the moment.

Some Youtubers have resorted to changing the pitch and speed of certain sound recordings and movie clips to try and trick the algorithm/detection software. It makes me wonder if YouTube has changed the algorithm/detection system enough to where it also detects sound-alikes for the sake of weeding out the people who try to cheat the system.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 11:23:27 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: November 09, 2020, 12:23:19 PM »

All of my production recreation videos get flagged initially, and not only are they not the original recordings, but are often missing huge chunks of instrumentation and vocals.  YouTube's AI is a big dumb brute at the moment.

Some Youtubers have resorted to changing the pitch and speed of certain sound recordings and movie clips to try and trick the algorithm/detection software. It makes me wonder if YouTube has changed the algorithm/detection system enough to where it also detects sound-alikes for the sake of weeding out the people who try to cheat the system.

Clearly I am very uneducated about this, but it all just seems so weird to me because I always thought they just analyze the waveforms visually for a match, much like a fingerprint identification system.

I don't know how changing the pitch of a completely different recording made by a completely different person with different instruments could possibly trip the system into thinking it was something else. Weird.

However, I do understand that people change the pitch of official recordings in order to get the system to *not* flag official recordings. That's been happening for years.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 12:24:46 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: November 11, 2020, 04:10:19 PM »

Hoping all this quiet now will be followed by something causing great joy! Cool Cool Cool Cool

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
anders wyller
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: November 12, 2020, 09:40:24 AM »

... for us who tend to drop by this thread some 5-50 times a day; we all have to take the responsibility to keep it alive – my take today; we will get a digital release before Christmas – a box set will materialize in 2021 – it is most unlikely the record company will be able to make a box set before Christmas – unless it’s already been in production – And for the company’s potential income – they know the box set will sell around 5000 whether Christmas or not -
And in a way, since Surf’s Up was released in 1971 it doesn’t seem too far out to release a box set to commemorate the release of this equally great (my all time favourite) record - have faith! -- all the best from Oslo Smiley
anders wyller
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: November 12, 2020, 09:41:14 AM »

... double post -  Cool
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 09:58:39 AM by anders wyller » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: November 12, 2020, 10:02:59 AM »

I really wish it wasn't crickets and that we heard some new FF news, but let's face it - Mike and Bruce might just be too distracted by their tears of sadness for their orange hero losing the election.

Maybe the sadness has kept the box set from coming out in any sort of expedited manner. It must be hard to sign BRI paperwork that is soggy from being drenched in tears. But if Mike wanted to help speed up efforts to greenlight the set to get it out before Christmas, a quick release could help pad his pockets with enough money to contribute to Trump's slush fund to pay off legal debts! Why doesn't Mr. Positivity look on the bright side?

Election "Fraud" Demonstration Time?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 10:07:52 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2366 on: November 12, 2020, 10:32:15 AM »

I really wish it wasn't crickets and that we heard some new FF news, but let's face it - Mike and Bruce might just be too distracted by their tears of sadness for their orange hero losing the election.

Maybe the sadness has kept the box set from coming out in any sort of expedited manner. It must be hard to sign BRI paperwork that is soggy from being drenched in tears. But if Mike wanted to help speed up efforts to greenlight the set to get it out before Christmas, a quick release could help pad his pockets with enough money to contribute to Trump's slush fund to pay off legal debts! Why doesn't Mr. Positivity look on the bright side?

Bruce mentioned to someone at a concert that he voted Libertarian.

as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: November 12, 2020, 10:33:43 AM »

Odd, he always struck me as a Federalist or a Whig.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 10:34:34 AM by as1972 » Logged

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: November 12, 2020, 11:34:32 AM »

Good on him though. You got to be a particular heinous prick to have voted Trump, not for his politics really but because of his completely unacceptable conduct as president and person.
positivemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: November 12, 2020, 12:12:51 PM »

As everyone should have, but so few unfortunately did. But, I digress.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: November 12, 2020, 01:58:08 PM »

Good on him though. You got to be a particular heinous prick to have voted Trump, not for his politics really but because of his completely unacceptable conduct as president and person.

Too bad we can’t all be the tolerant and peaceful type that wishes emotional suffering on those with different viewpoints.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 01:59:03 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: November 12, 2020, 02:10:11 PM »

All I'm saying is that 1996, the Republicans lost. The Pet Sounds box was delayed. 2012, the Republicans lost, Made in California was delayed.

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: November 12, 2020, 02:52:06 PM »

Judgemental comments like that are part of the reason Trump wins. No concerns over Hillary or Obama or Joe eh?
What part of a great economy, no started wars, and freedom do you hate? Seems your head is stuck in MSNB where every positive change this admin has implemented gets buried in the reporting cycle.
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: November 12, 2020, 02:56:49 PM »

By your logic, FF Box has been announced. Let's declare the winner before due process is followed through right? How is calling someone orange not racist?
Who are the world series champions for 2021? Please declare! Amazing how quickly it went from Russians made the 2016 election illegitimate to elections can't be illegitimate!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2374 on: November 12, 2020, 03:03:47 PM »

No more politics in this thread.

Period.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx