gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:11:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841581 times)
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: October 27, 2020, 11:34:38 AM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:55:25 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: October 27, 2020, 12:45:18 PM »

Again, reminding everyone (and anyone in a position to do so...)  that this is the time to leak the full FEEL FLOWS tracklist. I suspect you'll find that most if not all of these items are part of it, and seeing the full list would allow media a chance to dissect the entire situation.

Advocating that someone on the inside leaks a tracklist isn't exactly helpful unless you want them to lose their job or get blacklisted. If assets have been delivered to YouTube, something's been worked out for better or worse that no fan intervention is gonna effect. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Sorry - my grammar police hat comes on - "affect" not "effect".

And, I agree wholeheartedly - a deal has clearly been done now, and nothing new will change it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 12:46:47 PM by thetojo » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: October 27, 2020, 02:23:25 PM »

Again, reminding everyone (and anyone in a position to do so...)  that this is the time to leak the full FEEL FLOWS tracklist. I suspect you'll find that most if not all of these items are part of it, and seeing the full list would allow media a chance to dissect the entire situation.

Advocating that someone on the inside leaks a tracklist isn't exactly helpful unless you want them to lose their job or get blacklisted. If assets have been delivered to YouTube, something's been worked out for better or worse that no fan intervention is gonna effect. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Sorry - my grammar police hat comes on - "affect" not "effect".

And, I agree wholeheartedly - a deal has clearly been done now, and nothing new will change it.

a. It's possible someone on the inside might just decide to say f*ck it, and risk burning that bridge, and go charred earth on this. Just think about the amount of insiders right now who would love to speak their mind about Mike Love (not just about him with regards to FF, but in general). You KNOW there's inside people (I can think of some specifically whose names I will not mention) who must have to bite their tongue to stay publicly quiet about their thoughts on Mike's terrible repeated behavior.

I feel like the Trump thing is getting close to the final straw with a lot of those people, and the dam may burst at some point. It came close to bursting with Rocky, until somebody "changed his mind" behind the scenes, the details of which must be a fascinating story - far more fascinating than his crap book.  Bottom line is that it might happen, it would just take someone who has major guts (not meant as a slight to anyone who doesn't leak the tracklisting, BTW), and it's entirely possible a leaker could leak it and not have things necessarily be traced back to them too. Trashed printouts sometimes get lost, case in point how Gloria helped free Brian from the clutches of Landy.

It could happen, but yeah I get there are ramifications that might cause it to not happen.  But it could very well happen from someone super close to the top who isn't posting on this board.

b. I think if the tracklisting leaked, and then (thanks to Mike) we were to get some reduced consolation prize cut down release, that Mike would, as Ricky Ricardo might say, have some explaining to do, and hopefully the media and fans would hound him for an answer, and perhaps he'd just relent and let the rest of the set be released in that case, at a later date.  Or maybe the other members would publicly address the missing tracks.

What was the deal with the Sunshine Tomorrow sequel digital-only set? Didn't that pretty much come about due to the unexpected success of the original physical/digital release of Sunshine Tomorrow? I wonder how exactly that came to be, does anyone know? I mean, I suppose that if enough media attention was put onto not only the great music of a hypothetically cut down set, but the media digging into why the rest of the Dennis tracks are MIA (if that were to happen), maybe a sequel digital set would happen that would fill in the missing pieces.

But the problem is, I think that not only the compilers, but the band (minus Mike) know what they have here; they know it's too good to just dribble drabble dump out like some unimportant nothingness, and to think of a bunt instead of a grand slam that could happen here, a release strategy like that would just be heartbreaking and perhaps unacceptable to the non-narcissist contingent of the band. On the other hand, Mike making as much news as he has lately for being a dick with the Trump show, might further incentivize music/media outlets to dig into why this set was cut down, if only to make more clickbait headlines about Mike being the Donald Trump of the music industry.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:57:16 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2278 on: October 28, 2020, 05:52:45 AM »

Since it seems that once again this thread is going off on a tangent over leaking a track listing, is there anyone in the know that can provide any kind of status update on this project?  Is there any attempt going on to get this thing released or is it just sitting indefinitely in limbo? 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: October 28, 2020, 06:26:30 AM »

Things are good. It's moving forward.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: October 28, 2020, 06:29:03 AM »

Fantastic News, thanks Howie!!!!!!!!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: October 28, 2020, 06:30:55 AM »

Rock! Brian, Dennis, & Carl w00t! w00t! w00t!

Thanks so much Howie! Thank you for your hard work, and thank you to everyone behind the scenes who worked to get this thing going. I am smiling ear to ear right now Grin

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2282 on: October 28, 2020, 06:48:38 AM »

Great news to start a Wednesday with. Not even caring that I just typed a grammatically poor sentence. Not caring at all!
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 28, 2020, 07:10:51 AM »

Ah, Mr Kowalski got proper credit for the sliverware percussion on This Whole World (Rehearsals - Session Chatter)!

In all seriousness, I'm glad to hear this. Been looking forward to something about this period since last January.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 07:12:19 AM by as1972 » Logged

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
roffels
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: October 28, 2020, 07:27:54 AM »

Fantastic good news!
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 28, 2020, 07:30:05 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 28, 2020, 07:40:59 AM »

With my Wildflowers 9LP set to arrive this week, and this, it's been a damn good week. Thanks Howie!

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: October 28, 2020, 07:51:34 AM »

Thank Goodness!  Maybe 2020 won't be a total bust! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: October 28, 2020, 08:37:12 AM »

Oh man. That's so great to hear. thanks again for all your hard work.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: October 28, 2020, 08:45:21 AM »

90 pages, 2,289 posts - and that’s without any detailed information about this release.

Imagine the traffic when we start getting the details. Awaiting that pre-order on Amazon eagerly...

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
anders wyller
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: October 28, 2020, 09:22:13 AM »

❤️
William Bowe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: October 28, 2020, 09:22:51 AM »

Thanks and congratulations, Howie.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: October 28, 2020, 09:23:57 AM »

That's awesome news, Howie! I'm so ready to drop money on this set.

Happy Dance
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 28, 2020, 09:26:04 AM »

Best news I've heard in months. Thank you Howie and everyone involved in making this happen!
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 28, 2020, 09:30:14 AM »

Great news!
Thanks for your hard work, Howie!
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: October 28, 2020, 10:13:01 AM »

SUPER , DUPER , WOOPER NEWS (All fingers and toes crossed)
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: October 28, 2020, 10:46:42 AM »

Howie, if things are at last moving along without a leak of the track list, that is clearly the best possible outcome. I can only presume that there have been a number of things going on behind the scenes of late...the details of which we are not privy to...and I think 99% of the folks will be fine "never learn(ing) not to love" (i.e. knowing all those details) if we wind up with an "all's well that ends well" scenario.

I do hope, however, that when the product finally appears, that folks will be forthcoming about telling us if anything changed from the original conception. I am hoping from the tone of your note that the outcome will be the release of the originally intentioned package, but I certainly understand that this is not something that should be publicly discussed until all of the "battles" and  "hurdles" and "roadblocks" and  "shackles" have been put firmly and permanently in the rear-view mirror.

As always, thanks for your fantastic work and superhuman perseverance...and I hope that the epic nature of this thread (in all its "long and winding road" aspects...hmm, wrong band!) might have played some small part in reminding the principals that love, mercy and support works best as a two-way street.

FREE FEEL FLOWS!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 10:50:13 AM by Don Malcolm » Logged
Radfahrer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: October 28, 2020, 11:24:15 AM »

group hug

Mistreating the English language since 2001. Mea culpa.
Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2298 on: October 28, 2020, 11:40:59 AM »

In all seriousness, this is the best news I’ve heard in a long time. Thank you, Howie.

"You're entitled to protect your copyright. You're not entitled to control the Internet," - Federal Court Justice Murray Wilcox
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2299 on: October 28, 2020, 11:42:37 AM »

Sweet! Thanks for the update!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx