gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:19:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841664 times)
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: October 23, 2020, 03:58:06 AM »

A bit of interesting information that a few people have pointed out. Some people who upload rarities and remixes to Youtube have begun to receive copyright claims for a few distinct tracks.

So far these tracks have included:
  • My Solution [Track and Backing Vocals] (I swear this is real)
  • Good Time [2019 Mix]
  • Surf's Up [Brian Wilson Lead Vocal 2019 Mix]

Seems like some things are moving forwards.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 06:04:29 AM by as1972 » Logged

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
Elora
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: October 23, 2020, 04:28:37 AM »

A bit of interesting information that a few people have pointed out. Some of use people who upload rarities and remixes to Youtube have begun to receive copyright claims for a few distinct tracks.

• Good Time [2019 Mix]

Others that have been blocked... (I'll edit this as I find new ones)
‘Til I Die (Piano Demo)
Tears in the Morning (Track & Backing Vocals)
My Solution (Track & Backing Vocals)
Big Sur
Susie Cincinnati (2019 Mix)
Add Some Music to Your Day (A Capella)
H.E.L.P. Is On The Way (2019 Mix)
Sound Of Free (1970 Single Mix, 2019 Master)
Take A Load Off Your Feet (Alternate Vocals Mix)
Back Home (Demo)
This Whole World (Long Version & Backing Vocals Mix)
Medley: All Of My Love/Ecology
Cool, Cool Water (Alternate 2019 Mix)
Forever (2019 A Cappella Mix)
Seasons In The Sun
Cotton Fields (The Cotton Song) (A Capella)
Our Sweet Love (Track & Backing Vocals Mix)
Student Demonstration Time (Track & Backing Vocals)
Medley: Happy Birthday, Brian/God Only Knows
I Just Got My Pay (2019 Mix)
Slip On Through (Alternate 1969 Mix With Session Intro)
Long Promised Road (Track & Background Vocals Mix)
Add Some Music To Your Day (Alternate Verson)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 09:15:19 AM by Elora » Logged
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: October 23, 2020, 04:33:11 AM »

redundant information before I noticed the post above
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 06:05:01 AM by as1972 » Logged

terrei
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: October 23, 2020, 04:39:54 AM »

Reading this thread is apparently heavy-lifting for a lot of people.  

I don't think anyone beyond the 10 relentlessly active posters on this forum have actually read through this entire thread, where the average post length is about 3 to 6 paragraphs of "Here's my 2 cents on why Mike Love is an asshole..." It would be nice if we had had a sticky or something that collected all the hard information we have, but such helpful and constructive ideas have never been this board's forte.

Have to mention: thanks to CorkOntheOcean for assembling all the posts up to early September
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 04:48:43 AM by terrei » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: October 23, 2020, 04:39:55 AM »

A bit of interesting information that a few people have pointed out. Some of use people who upload rarities and remixes to Youtube have begun to receive copyright claims for a few distinct tracks.

• Good Time [2019 Mix]

‘Til I Die (Piano Demo)
Big Sur

Did someone upload the TID demo on youtube?!?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Elora
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: October 23, 2020, 04:46:50 AM »

Not publicly, just unlisted for the purposes of seeing if it'd be flagged by copyright.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: October 23, 2020, 06:14:20 AM »

Well... something is happening. Let’s hope this pans out the way we want it to.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: October 23, 2020, 07:08:26 AM »

Cool!
I was losing faith to see this box set released, but now seeing these uploads (even if it’s unlisted) at least things started to happen!
Let’s hope for a release ASAP, physical or digitally.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: October 23, 2020, 07:11:50 AM »

Not publicly, just unlisted for the purposes of seeing if it'd be flagged by copyright.

How recently was this done as a test? Meaning, is this a new thing where these tracks were taken down just recently, or might've happened a while back?

It's possible that the band alerted youtube to to keep certain FF tracks off of their site from being uploaded... but that might have been done preemptively back when the box was still on track before it got derailed. Not trying to be a Debbie downer just wondering if this is all a delayed remnant of back when it was going to be released, as opposed to this being something new and indicative of something positive actually happening right now regarding the release (I sure as hell hope it's the latter).
Elora
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: October 23, 2020, 07:26:44 AM »

How recently was this done as a test? Meaning, is this a new thing where these tracks were taken down just recently, or might've happened a while back?

It's possible that the band alerted youtube to to keep certain FF tracks off of their site from being uploaded... but that might have been done preemptively back when the box was still on track before it got derailed. Not trying to be a Debbie downer just wondering if this is all a delayed remnant of back when it was going to be released, as opposed to this being something new and indicative of something positive actually happening right now regarding the release (I sure as hell hope it's the latter).

The take downs were all noted today, some were new uploads to test the system, some were older uploads that had been fine until today. Supposedly they were added to YouTube's copyright database as of noon yesterday.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: October 23, 2020, 07:41:05 AM »

I've given up on this set ever coming out. I think 2021 will bring us another Mike Love cd, with more b-grade celebrities singing with him. Probably another remake of Do it Again. And there's gotta be a remake of Drive-In there. Maybe he can get his friend Donald Trump to do a rap on it - I hear he's soon to be out of work. He probably plays keyboards about as well as Bruce does these days.
I don't doubt that the Brian/Al/Blondie team is working up something for the coming year as well, maybe some Zoom shows. I can imagine the reviews: "Brian Wilson phoned in his performance."  LOL LOL

Me too.
At least we have McCartney releasing a new album to bring us some joy through this difficult time, and Neil Young releasing a great archival box set with tons of unreleased material in great quality.
These guys (the band, not Howie, Alan, Mark, the team that made it and also HJ and Jon) knows how to f*ck great things themselves.
It’s a shame, but maybe that’s why bands like The Beatles are greater each year and with more acclaim/respect, and The Beach Boys are become more and more marginalized.
At least, thank you for trying to release a set with tons of beautiful music and try to improve the Beach Boy’s legacy.

Please let's not state it's "the band", when it's Mike.
So we're now blaming every single negative event in the entire Beach Boys career on Mike? Cool....

As Billy rightly said, of course not everything is his fault. I never implied that everything negative in the entire history of this band was his fault, so I'll thank you for not putting words in my mouth. However lots of things are his fault. In my estimation, an inordinately large amount of them, in no small part due to his narcissistic personality and how that has manifested. But certainly not everything is his fault.

When something is actually Mike's fault, such as trying to jealously screw over Dennis Wilson and remove his content from the box, well yes, he - and not his bandmates - should absolutely be called out for that.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: October 23, 2020, 07:46:25 AM »

The take downs were all noted today, some were new uploads to test the system, some were older uploads that had been fine until today. Supposedly they were added to YouTube's copyright database as of noon yesterday.

Very interesting. This is a wonderfully brilliant way to circumvent whatever gag order has been in place in order to get the word out about what is on this box, and a taste of what could be in jeopardy.

It's certainly possible that we could get some or all of these tracks in a reduced copyright dump, but unless it's the whole set as originally intended, it will be a damn tragedy, and the media should know the details about this entire FF episode. Especially being that Mike's name just trendied on Twitter for the worst reason possible, there's clearly interest in the brand. Let's make that interest about something good for once.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 07:48:54 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2237 on: October 23, 2020, 08:01:42 AM »

I don't think anyone beyond the 10 relentlessly active posters on this forum have actually read through this entire thread, where the average post length is about 3 to 6 paragraphs of "Here's my 2 cents on why Mike Love is an asshole..." It would be nice if we had had a sticky or something that collected all the hard information we have, but such helpful and constructive ideas have never been this board's forte.

Have to mention: thanks to CorkOntheOcean for assembling all the posts up to early September

Agreed on all points.  It's really, really hard to keep up with any actual news of anything happening when you have to wade through pages and pages of folks merely speculating and/or bickering with each other.  I honestly skip through most replies unless they are from one of the insiders. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2238 on: October 23, 2020, 08:02:37 AM »

• Good Time [2019 Mix]

‘Til I Die (Piano Demo)
Big Sur
Back Home (Demo)
Seasons In The Sun

I didn't even know any of these were actually up on YouTube.  Now I'm bummed I never got to hear any of them.  :-(

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
FlowsOfFeeling
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: October 23, 2020, 09:23:16 AM »

Feel Flows
That is all
FlowsOfFeeling
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: October 23, 2020, 09:30:05 AM »

Has anyone tried uploading Feel Flows yet, god I love that song
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: October 23, 2020, 10:33:05 AM »

FWIW, I had the alternate version of Tears In The Morning On my YouTube, and that got taken down in 2019!

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Mr. Wilson Joliet
« Reply #2242 on: October 23, 2020, 10:34:07 AM »

• Good Time [2019 Mix]

‘Til I Die (Piano Demo)
Big Sur
Back Home (Demo)
Seasons In The Sun
Medley: Happy Birthday, Brian/God Only Knows

I didn't even know any of these were actually up on YouTube.  Now I'm bummed I never got to hear any of them.  :-(

It's not so much that these tracks were put on YT then taken down, but rather certain tracks already published are now being identified with these titles. So "Student Demonstration Time (Track & Backing Vocals)" was never publicly online (at least to my knowledge), but the regular studio version is now identified and labelled by YT as being that track since there's enough similarities (and for some reason it wasn't already identified as being the 2009 remaster like some of the other Surf's Up tracks). You can see it in the description of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unn8wIQzAeE

While I may be getting ahead of myself, seeing this makes me think we might be getting a digital release not unlike the Wake the World and I Can Hear Music sets a few years before, this time covering 1970. These songs all have sessions from 1970* or earlier and together seem more than just a "release what's necessary to protect copyright" collection compared to the I'm Going Your Way EP. The real question is whether or not this hypothetical release affects/effected the planned contents of the box set, assuming the titles listed above are all that there is. The unreleased stuff was probably taken from the box set, but there's still a lot missing (nothing regarding "All I Wanna Do" or "Break Away", or booted things like the percussion track of "It's About Time" or "Add Some Music" with alternate lyrics). I think this is the closest thing to a leaked tracklist some of y'all we're hoping for.

*With exception to the two medleys ("All Of My Love/Ecology" and "Happy Birthday, Brian/God Only Knows") and possibly "Surf's Up [Brian Wilson Lead Vocal 2019 Mix]". While I can believe "Ecology" has sessions dating from 1970, I thought the "Happy Birthday, Brian" was from Brian's 29th birthday in 1971? Does this mean it's from a year before, or that the real date is uncertain/unknown? Is this hypothetical release including 1971 material as well? And is "Surf's Up [Brian Wilson Lead Vocal 2019 Mix]" just Brian's vocal from the Smile Sessions (as this video suggests: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK4im7frScQ) or is it...something else?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 11:41:08 AM by Mr. Wilson Joliet » Logged
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: October 23, 2020, 10:38:56 AM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:49:02 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: October 23, 2020, 12:00:10 PM »

And is "Surf's Up [Brian Wilson Lead Vocal 2019 Mix]" just Brian's vocal from the Smile Sessions (as this video suggests: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK4im7frScQ) or is it...something else?

Well I saw it appear under a fanmix that made use of the 2011 Stereo mix of Surf's Up, so perhaps not. Top hope is a new mix of the Smile Sessions stereo mix with some of the 1971 elements re-added.

Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: October 23, 2020, 12:11:05 PM »

Clearly someone is finding a way to preview portions of FEEL FLOWS via this YouTube mechanism.

Can POOPS/HUBBA HUBBA be far behind??

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition! (Not meant literally, of course...!)  police

FREE FEEL FLOWS!
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2246 on: October 23, 2020, 01:04:03 PM »

I humbly suggest not posting in this thread until you actually read it; all of it (or at least all the stuff since July).

There are classic works of literature shorter than this thread.

Cork On The Ocean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: October 23, 2020, 01:10:35 PM »

Thanks terrei. I've edited it slightly to bring it up to date.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: October 23, 2020, 01:39:37 PM »

I don't think anyone beyond the 10 relentlessly active posters on this forum have actually read through this entire thread, where the average post length is about 3 to 6 paragraphs of "Here's my 2 cents on why Mike Love is an asshole..."

But, you know, Mike IS an asshole, and he keeps gifting us with more and more reasons in 2020 to feel that way about him. And inarguably, his assholery is intrinsically intertwined with why the set is in the jeopardized position that is currently is, as has been stated by insiders who would know in this thread. So it's perfectly on topic.

Brian's social media said such in so many words today, too. There's a reason for that.

If we're very, very lucky, Mike's asshole behavior will be paused/muted/quashed in a manner that allows for this great music to finally be released, and for Mike's late cousin Dennis' music and legacy to attain the dignity that it rightly deserves.  And, ya know, for Mike HIMSELF to actually gain a few browine points. Mike's reputation is in the gutter, yet still, the set could help even him gain some respect if only for his long ago musical contributions.

There's a reason (the intact set's jeopardization) that people are deeply upset with Mike being a dick, and why that's being discussed. It's not like this was a random topic about the Breeding Habits of Maine Coon Cats that devolved into a Mike Sucks Fest. Mike's bitter attitude sucking so much is EXACTLY why this set is where it is at this very moment.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 01:58:28 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: October 23, 2020, 03:59:15 PM »

• Good Time [2019 Mix]

‘Til I Die (Piano Demo)
Big Sur
Back Home (Demo)
Seasons In The Sun

I didn't even know any of these were actually up on YouTube.  Now I'm bummed I never got to hear any of them.  :-(
There's a brief (claimed) Til I Die piano demo up, but it's extremely distorted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxd4Nr-i7IQ
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx