gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:22:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841499 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: October 21, 2020, 01:02:09 PM »

Just my own feeling but wouldn’t leaking the track set publicly be a breach of confidentiality and possibly endanger the set further and burn bridges in the process?

I have the same feeling.
I still think the best solution is to convince these guys (especially that person who wants to remove Dennis songs from the set) to clear their minds, and try to push hard for this material to be released, even talking about more sales/more money (and that’s somebody motivation for all he does) it would generate if these songs are gonna be included.
And if it’s not enough, so maybe it’s better to cancel the damm thing and release it digitally.
Maybe it’s better than release a set without Dennis tracks only to satisfy some jealousy attitudes/wishes/demanding of this person.

Respectfully disagree. The media will control this and drive the band's response once that original track list is out in public view. The only move that could save face would be to release it as originally conceived, otherwise the band sinks further into the morass of the "fractured" meme that is now around their neck. Without a release of this material, they would be subject to a public humiliation.

The "mob wife" approach is to just do nothing and wait for the day when we can "love" again, except that if you watch THE SOPRANOS you see that it's just a variant of the circular firing squad.

We don't need any more mob wives, we need a Daniel Ellsberg.

Now, of course, there's nothing to prevent the group from compromising and removing Dennis' material, but they will take a hit if they do so, particularly when it's public knowledge that they decided to remove it for no good reason except to placate a certain someone AGAIN.

If I were working with Brian and Al and Carl's estate I'd be on the phone RIGHT NOW saying that you need to figure out a way to release this to stop the bleeding that's coming your way through no real fault of your own, but because the Lovester is still out of control. Releasing FEEL FLOWS is now in a position to help stop the bleeding.

FREE FEEL FLOWS!

Maybe I've missed something, but how do you know it's Mike that is causing all of this? It could be Brian that don't want the material released. Or Al, or Carls estate. Or.. Bruce?
Point is, we don't actually know.

Or have I missed something?
Oh, come on, of course it's Mike, it's always Mike.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2201 on: October 21, 2020, 01:06:46 PM »

Just my own feeling but wouldn’t leaking the track set publicly be a breach of confidentiality and possibly endanger the set further and burn bridges in the process?

I have the same feeling.
I still think the best solution is to convince these guys (especially that person who wants to remove Dennis songs from the set) to clear their minds, and try to push hard for this material to be released, even talking about more sales/more money (and that’s somebody motivation for all he does) it would generate if these songs are gonna be included.
And if it’s not enough, so maybe it’s better to cancel the damm thing and release it digitally.
Maybe it’s better than release a set without Dennis tracks only to satisfy some jealousy attitudes/wishes/demanding of this person.

Respectfully disagree. The media will control this and drive the band's response once that original track list is out in public view. The only move that could save face would be to release it as originally conceived, otherwise the band sinks further into the morass of the "fractured" meme that is now around their neck. Without a release of this material, they would be subject to a public humiliation.

The "mob wife" approach is to just do nothing and wait for the day when we can "love" again, except that if you watch THE SOPRANOS you see that it's just a variant of the circular firing squad.

Now, of course, there's nothing to prevent the group from compromising and removing Dennis' material, but they will take a hit if they do so, particularly when it's public knowledge that they decided to remove it for no good reason except to placate a certain someone AGAIN.

If I were working with Brian and Al and Carl's estate I'd be on the phone RIGHT NOW saying that you need to figure out a way to release this to stop the bleeding that's coming your way through no real fault of your own, but because the Lovester is still out of control. Releasing FEEL FLOWS is now in a position to help stop the bleeding.

FREE FEEL FLOWS!

Maybe I've missed something, but how do you know it's Mike that is causing all of this? It could be Brian that don't want the material released. Or Al, or Carls estate. Or.. Bruce?

It's patently clear that actual names can't be named at this juncture.

Beyond that, I think the strong hints and indications don't make this situation particularly ambiguous.

So, unless you're only saying it because we don't have ironclad 100% documentary proof of it, yes I'd say you're missing something if you feel it's 100% unclear who might be involved in some aspects of issues with "Feel Flows", and/or if you really feel it's equally likely that anybody could be the hold up.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: October 21, 2020, 01:52:23 PM »

I cannot see how it would make a difference to anything at this point ?  LOL
(not that I am asking anyone to name names)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 01:58:50 PM by Sam_BFC » Logged

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: October 21, 2020, 02:23:02 PM »

People obviously made promises to insiders that certain names won't be specifically named, and that certain on-the-nose facts won't directly be discussed.

It makes a difference if HJ or anyone else made a promise to somebody, purely on a moral/ethical level, plus not wanting to burn that bridge. Why is this hard to understand?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 02:23:49 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: October 21, 2020, 02:48:22 PM »

I was just expressing my amusement that the name has been as good as spoken anyway.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2205 on: October 21, 2020, 03:00:04 PM »

If you don't understand how it would make a difference, then I think you might not understand how sourcing and not naming names works.

Also, in many cases it's not as simple as the answer to all the problems being just one person's name. It can be two people. Or one person, with the unfortunate cajoled or tacit cooperation of another, and all sorts of other in betweens.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: October 21, 2020, 03:01:15 PM »

I was just expressing my amusement that the name has been as good as spoken anyway.

Got it. Yeah, it's actually pretty amusing in the history of this band, how many times Mike is so obviously fingered for some sh*t act, but people dance around directly saying his name when talking about him. I don't know if that's a situation that will continue only as long as Mike is with us, but the situation of the dance routine is a remarkable phenomenon that I think is well past its sell-by date.

(In this case of FF, I totally get it, and have nothing but respect for HJ, Jon, Howie).

If someone made a thread about how many times Mike has been obviously fingered for crap behavior by people who avoid saying his name (Sir George Martin in Beautiful Dreamer, another interviewee in Beautiful Dreamer too, just for starters), it would be a very long list, and quite a dance routine indeed. Is it just because they're afraid of lawsuits? I mean, Mike himself does this when talking about Melinda Wilson in his dog whistle way, and I'm sure that's ONLY because he knows the media will rake him over the coals like never before, and that family drama will get stirred up to a point like it never had before, if Mike in every interview specifically ridiculously said what he obviously really feels, that "Melinda is keeping me from Brian, waaa waaa waaaa".

The amount of sh*t talking that must go on in private about Mike, both by members of the band past/present, must be astronomical. I have little doubt the Jardine household and various Wilson extended family households probably have at minimum armchair PhD level knowledge of the term Narcissistic Personality Disorder because of having had to deal with Mike directly or indirectly for so long.  

One can't have an honest discussion of the history of this band without acknowledging and diving deep into understanding Mike's Narcissistic Personality Disorder for decades, and the damage he has caused (none of that discredits the actual good stuff he did in the early years, either). Somebody scholarly will probably write a book about it one day. One of the things I loved the most about Dennis is that he was not afraid to straight up talk sh*t about what a horse's ass his cousin was, without beating around the bush.

Not everything bad that ever happened with the Beach Boys is due to Mike. But an overwhelming majority of the bad and regrettable things that are self-inflicted by members are because of Mike, both past and present, mostly due to the fact that Mike lucked out by living long enough to create as much damage as he has inflicted upon the brand, compounded by the fact of him becoming even worse and bitter and vengeful as a has-been old coot. The amount of damage is getting worse as time goes on, as Brian settles into his well-deserved Mozart of the 20th Century role, and Mike settles into his Salieri for the 20th Century role.

Just think about 2020, and the number of BBs-related things that Mike has done for the band/brand. There are not many things to choose from period (good or bad) because the year has been so stunted, so you have a small amount of items to choose from... and two of them are horrible Trump/Trump adjacent shows and the fallout/awful press from them... one of them is killing Feel Flows which makes me want to cry... one of them is Mike writing a wretched song that nobody asked for where he sings about a Viral Super Bowl, seemingly "acknowledging" the risks of the pandemic, but then he goes on to play a Viral Super Bowl Trump promo show to help elect a Covid-is-a-hoax snake oil salesman candidate, under the BBs brand name. I cannot decide whether Mike is more of a prick or more of an imbecile.

Other than 1983 and 1998, 2020 is bar none the worst year to be a BBs fan, and those bad BBs vibrations in 2020 are ALL because of Mike.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 03:43:28 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: October 21, 2020, 04:30:01 PM »

Is it just because they're afraid of lawsuits?

It could simply be that they possess a character trait that Mike Love unfortunately lacks: tact.

Just think about 2020, and the number of BBs-related things that Mike has done for the band/brand. There are not many things to choose from period (good or bad) because the year has been so stunted, so you have a small amount of items to choose from... and two of them are horrible Trump/Trump adjacent shows and the fallout/awful press from them... one of them is killing Feel Flows which makes me want to cry... one of them is Mike writing a wretched song that nobody asked for where he sings about a Viral Super Bowl, seemingly "acknowledging" the risks of the pandemic, but then he goes on to play a Viral Super Bowl Trump promo show to help elect a Covid-is-a-hoax snake oil salesman candidate, under the BBs brand name. I cannot decide whether Mike is more of a prick or more of an imbecile.

I cannot stress this paragraph enough. He made what, $50 off that song to contribute to COVID-19 aid? Again, the irony of him writing a $50 check with proceeds from his own COVID charity song, only for that money to feasibly end up helping some poor sod who was possibly infected at one of his concerts.

Anyways, that paragraph perfectly sums up the complete stupidity of this year in Beach Boys land. And I would seriously hope that the Mike Love sycophants would take a good hard look at that paragraph and contemplate their continued defense of this guy. I've noticed the excuses for Feel Flows have dropped off the radar on the EH forum. I'm pretty sure it's now very clear to those people that this set just isn't happening this year, and thus due to copyright dumps the set will likely have to be completely changed *if it's ever coming out at all*. What a absolute shame.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: October 21, 2020, 04:36:57 PM »

You can’t stop the defense from a certain paragraph creating poster there..... Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: October 21, 2020, 04:52:38 PM »

Is it just because they're afraid of lawsuits?

It could simply be that they possess a character trait that Mike Love unfortunately lacks: tact.

I agree that people who don't name Mike specifically in interviews despite obviously talking about him, like Sir George Martin, are doing that to be tactful, whereas Mike lacks tact, however granted Mike also does his dance routine without specifically naming Melinda. But I think he doesn't do that dance out of respect for her, but more of he knows he will start some real, real deep sh*t beyond anything he could possibly imagine if he repeatedly spoke ill of her by name in interviews.

However I really think that this Trump event and Mike killing FF should be the tipping point where people who are associated closely with band finally call him out, and speak their mind about him. At some point there's going to be a charred earth moment with some people. I don't have much doubt of that. It's just a matter of when. You know it's there just bubbling under the surface.

There are a great many number of people in high places who I'm sure absolutely hate Mike's guts and would love to be free to finally say what they really think. I'm grateful to whichever interviewer (who was it?) was able to get Brian in a relaxed and comfortable enough state to say how he really feels about Mike... which no doubt Mike thinks was something planted in his head. For what it's worth, Brian actually looks incredibly good and healthy in this interview clip, almost like he de-aged himself by 10 years compared to when it was filmed.

https://youtu.be/U4J6hxXq86Y
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 05:43:54 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: October 22, 2020, 01:28:17 PM »

I have the same feeling.

FREE FEEL FLOWS!

I have tried to reason with them. They have made up their minds that anything bad that happens is Mike's fault. Ignoring the releases of the Smile Sessions, Made In California, Sunshine Tomorrow, Friends Sessions and 20/20 sessions. Some heavy with Dennis songs. Which all of a sudden, the Feel Flows box is on hold because of Mike's objections to Dennis songs? The same Mike that the song Forever is normal song in his setlist? But these fans have made up their minds and believe that many false rumors and claims are historical facts.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: October 22, 2020, 01:39:19 PM »

I have the same feeling.

FREE FEEL FLOWS!

I have tried to reason with them. They have made up their minds that anything bad that happens is Mike's fault. Ignoring the releases of the Smile Sessions, Made In California, Sunshine Tomorrow, Friends Sessions and 20/20 sessions. Some heavy with Dennis songs. Which all of a sudden, the Feel Flows box is on hold because of Mike's objections to Dennis songs? The same Mike that the song Forever is normal song in his setlist? But these fans have made up their minds and believe that many false rumors and claims are historical facts.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: October 22, 2020, 01:40:00 PM »

Magic Transistor Radio: You must be selectively ignoring the posts by Dennis Wilson's official biographer in this thread, who I think ranks as someone who would know what's going on behind the scenes. Or are you going to argue with him, and tell him that he's pushing false rumors?

Because that's basically what you're doing.

As has been stated by people who would know: just because there's examples of Mike greenlighting Dennis content in the past, that doesn't by definition mean that he isn't blocking it this time around.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 01:41:22 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: October 22, 2020, 01:42:49 PM »

Magic Transistor Radio: You must be selectively ignoring the posts by Dennis Wilson's official biographer in this thread, who I think ranks as someone who would know what's going on behind the scenes. Or are you going to argue with him, and tell him that he's pushing false rumors?

As has been stated by people who would know: just because there's examples of Mike greenlighting Dennis content in the past, that doesn't by definition mean that he isn't blocking it this time around.

I assume you are speaking of Jon Stebbins? I respect him. I haven't seen his posts on this topic. I will look for them.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: October 22, 2020, 01:55:15 PM »

I assume you are speaking of Jon Stebbins? I respect him. I haven't seen his posts on this topic. I will look for them.

I didn't mean to come across as insulting, so apologies if I did. It's hard to know whether people are just deciding to purposely ignore certain information in the thread, or if certain important posts just got unintentionally overlooked.

I realize the thread is huge and there's lots of discussion. But yes, look up his posts and you will see that there is evidence refuting your idea that Mike is somehow not the stumbling block for the Dennis material. We are very lucky to have gotten the small pieces of info that we have, I don't expect folks like that to divulge more specific details if they are not able to, so it would be great if they weren't shamed for not sharing more (as I've seen others ridiculously do), because it's no doubt infuriating for them too to only be able to speak in code. I'm sure they would love to chat more about it freely, but obviously there are factors why they can't.

The actions of Narcissist Mike are a damn awful shame.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 02:05:05 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: October 22, 2020, 01:57:15 PM »

Reading this thread is apparently heavy-lifting for a lot of people. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2216 on: October 22, 2020, 02:09:29 PM »

I humbly suggest not posting in this thread until you actually read it; all of it (or at least all the stuff since July). There's no rule that says you have to. But if you've missed Stebbins's posts, then you're not reading enough of this thread to realize that what's being said is not just fan conjecture. You've mentioned numerous things that aren't true (for instance, nobody said the hold-up on the set was due to removing Dennis material; I've explained that NUMEROUS times in this thread), that have already been explained in this thread.

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: October 22, 2020, 03:47:59 PM »

I've given up on this set ever coming out. I think 2021 will bring us another Mike Love cd, with more b-grade celebrities singing with him. Probably another remake of Do it Again. And there's gotta be a remake of Drive-In there. Maybe he can get his friend Donald Trump to do a rap on it - I hear he's soon to be out of work. He probably plays keyboards about as well as Bruce does these days.
I don't doubt that the Brian/Al/Blondie team is working up something for the coming year as well, maybe some Zoom shows. I can imagine the reviews: "Brian Wilson phoned in his performance."  LOL LOL
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: October 22, 2020, 04:42:06 PM »

I've given up on this set ever coming out. I think 2021 will bring us another Mike Love cd, with more b-grade celebrities singing with him. Probably another remake of Do it Again. And there's gotta be a remake of Drive-In there. Maybe he can get his friend Donald Trump to do a rap on it - I hear he's soon to be out of work. He probably plays keyboards about as well as Bruce does these days.
I don't doubt that the Brian/Al/Blondie team is working up something for the coming year as well, maybe some Zoom shows. I can imagine the reviews: "Brian Wilson phoned in his performance."  LOL LOL

Me too.
At least we have McCartney releasing a new album to bring us some joy through this difficult time, and Neil Young releasing a great archival box set with tons of unreleased material in great quality.
These guys (the band, not Howie, Alan, Mark, the team that made it and also HJ and Jon) knows how to f*ck great things themselves.
It’s a shame, but maybe that’s why bands like The Beatles are greater each year and with more acclaim/respect, and The Beach Boys are become more and more marginalized.
At least, thank you for trying to release a set with tons of beautiful music and try to improve the Beach Boy’s legacy.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: October 22, 2020, 05:07:48 PM »

Me too.
At least we have McCartney releasing a new album to bring us some joy through this difficult time, and Neil Young releasing a great archival box set with tons of unreleased material in great quality.
These guys (the band, not Howie, Alan, Mark, the team that made it and also HJ and Jon) knows how to f*ck great things themselves.
It’s a shame, but maybe that’s why bands like The Beatles are greater each year and with more acclaim/respect, and The Beach Boys are become more and more marginalized.
At least, thank you for trying to release a set with tons of beautiful music and try to improve the Beach Boy’s legacy.

Please let's not state it's "the band", when it's Mike.
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: October 22, 2020, 06:08:11 PM »

I don't doubt that the Brian/Al/Blondie team is working up something for the coming year as well, maybe some Zoom shows. I can imagine the reviews: "Brian Wilson phoned in his performance."  LOL LOL

Yeah, I totally agree with you 🙂
Based on the comments I know it’s Mike, and he’s a master to the embarrass the band and the brand.

Me too.

Reading the comments here it’s clear it’s Mike, and he’s the king of embarrassing the band and the brand.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 06:10:05 PM by alanjames » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: October 22, 2020, 07:51:26 PM »

I don't doubt that the Brian/Al/Blondie team is working up something for the coming year as well, maybe some Zoom shows. I can imagine the reviews: "Brian Wilson phoned in his performance."  LOL LOL

Based on the comments I know it’s Mike, and he’s a master to the embarrass the band and the brand.

Me too.

Reading the comments here it’s clear it’s Mike, and he’s the king of embarrassing the band and the brand.

Sad and tragic, but if we are going to be completely honest with ourselves, it's the truth.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: October 23, 2020, 12:46:32 AM »

Me too.
I haven't heard anything good from McCartney in over 20 years. Neil, on the other hand, is releasing so much music these days I can't keep up with it all. I have listened to Dylan's latest, and I can't say it's one of my favorite things he's done, it's worth at least a couple more spins.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: October 23, 2020, 01:42:19 AM »

Me too.

So we're now blaming every single negative event in the entire Beach Boys career on Mike? Cool....

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2224 on: October 23, 2020, 02:47:30 AM »

Not everything, of course dude. Same thing we were talking about earlier about his actions tainting the legacy. Cause now they run the risk of being lumped in with guys like Ted Nugent, whom is a whack job no matter what end of the spectrum in this case. They NEED to put this box out ASAP; I fear that the recent controversy may hinder it further. As I stated earlier, perhaps that was the point.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx