gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:25:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841802 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2075 on: October 12, 2020, 04:22:31 PM »

Y'know what -- I'm a journalist. I'm also a journalist who uses my real name.
I could reveal all I dig on all the bands I work with, but seeing as how I USE my name -- I can't -- nor would I (because I'm not an ass hole.)
Telling fans who would be the audience for a project I worked on details about the work -- but not connecting all the (highly political and still very much in play) dots doesn't make me a douche.

It makes me an adult.

Hopefully it all gets sorted out and we have this thing by shorts weather.
Let's not be dicks to each other about it.

Yeah, HeyJude. Howie uses his real name.

What was that about not being a troll?

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2076 on: October 12, 2020, 04:24:07 PM »

I could reveal all I dig on all the bands I work with, but seeing as how I USE my name -- I can't -- nor would I (because I'm not an ass hole.)
Telling fans who would be the audience for a project I worked on details about the work -- but not connecting all the (highly political and still very much in play) dots doesn't make me a douche.

It makes me an adult.

Well stated as usual Howie.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: October 12, 2020, 04:34:18 PM »

It makes me an adult.

Yeah, HeyJude. Howie uses his real name.

What was that about not being a troll?

I mean, I'm assuming Howie was referring to me, but it's ridiculous if he was. I've never claimed to cover the Beach Boys. I wouldn't criticize Howie if he posted on a forum about politics under a pseudonym just because he's a journalist.

I do know I wouldn't post guarded and incomplete information about my field of expertise under a pseudonym.
kennyhasbeenfound
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: October 12, 2020, 05:06:13 PM »

Personally, the unreleased Dennis material is what I want most.  As much as I'd love to hear an instrumental "At My Window" (which I actually would), unreleased music by a talented songwriter is the trump card, and I hope the people involved realize that is how some of us feel.

"Shut up you guys"- Carl Wilson.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: October 12, 2020, 05:12:30 PM »

start BBtoday posted the following...

All right. Here's what this comes down to.

The insiders making everyone play the guessing game comes across as, for lack of a better term, douchey. Call that trolling if you want. I don't care. I can go back to not posting in here for months at a time.

As some background, I'm a journalist. There's plenty of things I know about my subject of expertise that I can't report publicly. Do I go into forums and make people guess what I know and don't know and then not tell them what is and isn't true? No, that would be extremely bizarre and narcissistic behavior.

Say what you know. Don't say what you can't. This doesn't seem that hard."

Isn't that EXACTLY what we have been doing?? Say things we KNOW, and don't say things we CAN'T. And It is fucking hard because when we follow that code to try and inform people as best we can we get blowback from mental giants like you who can't seem to understand that this is only being done to support the project as it was created by the team that was hired to create it. No one, let me repeat NO ONE is MAKING you play a guessing game. In fact we have suggested that you don't because it's not helpful to the cause of getting the full box released in it's best form. But guessing is human nature, and when the guess is significantly wrong some of us have tried to steer things back toward a factual realm. Again a very very hard thing to do when geniuses like yourself divert the fundamentals into a distorted masturbation of obfuscation and inflated self. Howie has tried his best. Juggling an incredibly volatile and fragile situation out of pure love for the music. He shares what he can to enlighten some anxious fans. He gets called "Douchey" by YOU for doing that. Nice job man. You get the lets sh*t all over the best source we have award. Wear it proudly.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 05:15:52 PM by Jon Stebbins » Logged
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: October 12, 2020, 05:15:19 PM »

I’ve slogged through the last several pages of this thread, and just want to put in my two cents...

I do not know why this set is in jeopardy. I have my theories, but figuring things out in Beach Boy land is often an exercise in futility, so my “best guess” is very possibly wrong.

I do know that a ton of work has gone into assembling this massive set. If I put that much work into a similar project, only to see it hanging by a thread as it’s deadline for release nears, I’d be doing whatever I could to knock down the roadblock/roadblocks.  That would include trying to enlist the support of those inclined to have the most interest in my project.

kennyhasbeenfound
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: October 12, 2020, 05:16:46 PM »

Personally, the unreleased Dennis material is what I want most.  As much as I'd love to hear an instrumental "At My Window" (which I actually would), unreleased music by a talented songwriter is the trump card, and I hope the people involved realize that is how some of us feel.

"Shut up you guys"- Carl Wilson.
Tom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: October 12, 2020, 05:18:27 PM »

Maybe let's cease insulting the generous people who have given us all the tangible info we've got about this set...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2083 on: October 12, 2020, 05:25:13 PM »

The insiders making everyone play the guessing game comes across as, for lack of a better term, douchey. Call that trolling if you want. I don't care. I can go back to not posting in here for months at a time.

As some background, I'm a journalist. There's plenty of things I know about my subject of expertise that I can't report publicly. Do I go into forums and make people guess what I know and don't know and then not tell them what is and isn't true? No, that would be extremely bizarre and narcissistic behavior.

Isn't that EXACTLY what we have been doing?? Say things we KNOW, and don't say things we CAN'T. And It is fucking hard because when we follow that code to try and inform people as best we can we get blowback from mental giants like you who can't seem to understand that this is only being done to support the project as it was created by the team that was hired to create it. No one, let me repeat NO ONE is MAKING you play a guessing game. In fact we have suggested that you don't because it's not helpful to the cause of getting the full box released in it's best form. But guessing is human nature, and when the guess is significantly wrong some of us have tried to steer things back toward a factual realm. Again a very very hard thing to do when geniuses like yourself divert the fundamentals into a distorted masturbation of obfuscation and inflated self. Howie has tried his best. Juggling an incredibly volatile and fragile situation out of pure love for the music. He shares what he can to enlighten some anxious fans. He gets called "Douchey" by YOU for doing that. Nice job man. You get the lets sh*t all over the best source we have award. Wear it proudly.

Hardcore truth. Anybody who can’t understand this, quite frankly, is either a troll or needs some serious help

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Tom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: October 12, 2020, 05:25:48 PM »

Personally, the unreleased Dennis material is what I want most.  As much as I'd love to hear an instrumental "At My Window" (which I actually would), unreleased music by a talented songwriter is the trump card, and I hope the people involved realize that is how some of us feel.

Me too tbh. There was quite a lot of Dennis stuff in the 1968 sets that we didn't even know existed - I've no doubt it's the same for this next period. Dennis in the late 60's-early 70's is so tantalising in that there are only really a dozen or so songs available. Getting the full picture of his writing around that time is really a game changer (starting really with the 'I Can Hear Music' set).
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2085 on: October 12, 2020, 05:26:21 PM »

Duplicate post
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 05:27:50 PM by ♩♬🐸 Murry the Friendly Ghost ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: October 12, 2020, 05:26:42 PM »

I was actually calling HeyJude douchey, "mental giant."

Keep dropping vague hints to let fans parse them out and speculate until their heads explode, though. It's clearly been very helpful as we've turned one minor issue into another one involving Dennis' songs. It seems as if we're only going the wrong way.

I would not expect fans of the subject I cover to bow at my alter. I'm a journalist. I don't consider myself the subject. I don't know why you and Howie feel differently.
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: October 12, 2020, 05:32:28 PM »

On and on we go...
Tom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: October 12, 2020, 05:33:00 PM »

I don't see anybody asking you to bow at any altar (not 'alter' as you wrote - some journalist??).

All I see is Howie defending himself and rightly stating that he's done exactly what you suggest - reveal what info he can in order to steer us in the right direction, without breaching his standards.

All this is pure fluff and distraction anyway. Clearly, as we've been told, the set is now being reworked for possible release, with Dennis's solo work from 1972 potentially being excised. What's so hard to understand about that?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 05:35:07 PM by Tom » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2089 on: October 12, 2020, 05:35:58 PM »

Maybe it’s not expecting anyone to “bow at their alter”, * more like being treated respectfully even though they don’t bow down to *your* “alter”

*spelling mistakes intentional in my post
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 05:41:58 PM by ♩♬🐸 Murry the Friendly Ghost ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2090 on: October 12, 2020, 05:43:15 PM »

I was actually calling HeyJude douchey, "mental giant."

Keep dropping vague hints to let fans parse them out and speculate until their heads explode, though. It's clearly been very helpful as we've turned one minor issue into another one involving Dennis' songs. It seems as if we're only going the wrong way.

I would not expect fans of the subject I cover to bow at my alter. I'm a journalist. I don't consider myself the subject. I don't know why you and Howie feel differently.

I'm lost...

1. Who said the initial issue was minor?  If it was sufficient to cancel the entire set it doesn't seem like it was minor.  Maybe I missed something.
2. Who is the "we" that turned one minor issue into another one involving Dennis' songs?  And, where did you get the idea that anything "we" did resulted in the original issue turning into the most recent issue?

Regarding calling someone douchey, here is what was said:

"The insiders making everyone play the guessing game comes across as, for lack of a better term, douchey."

1. Insiders, plural.  Unless HeyJude is plural, you were calling he and at least one other douchey.
2. You specifically said that "the insiders making everyone play the guessing game comes across as...douchey."  The only other insiders that are revealing anything at all are Jon and Howie, so it seems to me you were calling one or both of them douchey, in addition to HeyJude.

EoL

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2091 on: October 12, 2020, 06:02:40 PM »

Re #2 : and that’s where I have an issue. Someone attacks a friend of mine, I’m gonna attack back , especially when it seems someone is being willfully ignorant.

Or just trying to start sh*t. Either way, not going to let it stand.

Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: October 12, 2020, 06:20:21 PM »

I love The Beach Boys (collectively...all of them).
I would spend a significant amount of money on a Feel Flows boxed set.  The more unreleased material it contained (regardless which band member wrote it or sang it) the more I’d be willing to spend on it.
I think there are a lot of fans like me (with disposable income) who sure could use some good Beach Boys vibes to help get through this coronavirus crap.

Hopefully the right pair of eyes will see and appreciate this message. 

"Jeff, you care." --BW
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2093 on: October 12, 2020, 06:26:25 PM »

Very well stated. Hell, I’m saving up money specifically for this release.

Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: October 12, 2020, 06:40:58 PM »

Nice to see that Cam Mott signed the petition.

As always, thanks to Howie and Jon for their incredible efforts. I now call on some misterioso computer wizard to hack into Mr. Suppressive Personality's computer and liberate the FEEL FLOWS track list. Better slip it off onto a zip drive lickety-split, Doe-Boy!!  LOL
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: October 12, 2020, 06:53:19 PM »

Since the set has not hit manufacturing, does anyone know what the drop dead date would be to actually get this manufactured for a release this year?  What is the lead time?  If at some point in the future they make the release date the last Friday of this year, when would the set have to been sent to manufacturing to be able to physically release it this year?  8 week lead time, 4 week lead time, anyone know?

A really interesting question.
Anyone know?

Seems like 4 weeks is sbout right from what goes on with other non- BB releases.

I don't know, but that's what it seems to me.
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: October 12, 2020, 06:55:29 PM »

Personally, the unreleased Dennis material is what I want most.  As much as I'd love to hear an instrumental "At My Window" (which I actually would), unreleased music by a talented songwriter is the trump card, and I hope the people involved realize that is how some of us feel.

+1
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2097 on: October 12, 2020, 06:56:45 PM »

The irony once again is how the crowd that started lambasting fans for being and acting "entitled" when they showed support for the box set release are now demanding more public information from people who have firsthand knowledge of the set's status and reasons why it's not scheduled.

Talk about hypocrisy.

So fans who want this set released are "entitled" and the band owes them nothing, according to that narrative...but people connected to the production of this set now owe those same people crying about "entitled fans" more info on the set?

Who's acting "entitled" now? What a farce. Again, consider the source.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: October 12, 2020, 06:58:21 PM »

Hardcore truth. Anybody who can’t understand this, quite frankly, is either a troll or needs some serious help

You left out super-stupid. They could be dumb as a doorpost!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 06:59:11 PM by thetojo » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2099 on: October 12, 2020, 07:07:10 PM »

Very true. I was trying to be gentle lol

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx