gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:01:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841720 times)
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: October 12, 2020, 08:52:10 AM »

HeyJude,
be cool man, after this many pages it's easy to get in skim mode, and maybe I have. My question is still based on

" Subsequently, and *separately*, an issue regarding the inclusion/removal of Dennis material has come up"

where is this coming from?? My point is I can't find a source for this that seems credible,

It just seems to be board member speculation... whats the source? (please)

cheerds
Doc Smiley

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: October 12, 2020, 08:55:10 AM »

Since the set has not hit manufacturing, does anyone know what the drop dead date would be to actually get this manufactured for a release this year?  What is the lead time?  If at some point in the future they make the release date the last Friday of this year, when would the set have to been sent to manufacturing to be able to physically release it this year?  8 week lead time, 4 week lead time, anyone know?
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: October 12, 2020, 09:00:25 AM »

Thank you Hey Jude for clearing up the trifecta of cluelessness that several posts presented. I seriously don't know how you have the patience to deal with constant herding of the "unaware yet adamant" attitudes and expressions into the the direction of correctness and factual. Howie and I are reading some of the posts by people unwilling to accept a direct line to the inside and wondering is it even worth it. Hey Jude gets my respect for doing his best to guide people towards the truth. It's a very hard job and we appreciate it. I will say one thing, people keep citing "you said content had nothing to do with it" or Made in California or why is it being blocked etc... Take this in, the situation evolved from one place to another. You should have had the box months ago, it was blocked. That is history. Now is a DIFFERENT time in history. If you do end up getting the set, it may be missing things that were in the version that was blocked. Why is that? Because there are people who have expressed that they possibly would like to change it. The people who would like to change it are NOT the people who put together the box that you should have had months ago that was blocked. They wanted to give you something great and wonderful and inclusive. They worked hard on it and delivered. We are appalled that anyone would f*** with the formula they put together, but it's a real possibility and that is a bulletin directly from the inside. Not speculation. But as of now, i guess we're all in "we'll see" mode as things are still fluid as far as i know.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 09:03:31 AM by Jon Stebbins » Logged
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2003 on: October 12, 2020, 09:17:04 AM »

OK, I'm clear on this now. Thanks Jon S and HeyJ.

It's hard for people to get through 80 pages and keep track tbf.

Re: Doc Smiley...pretty sure it was Howie who talked about the Dennis material now being in doubt. If you find Howie's profile, you can look at posts he made.

mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: October 12, 2020, 09:17:29 AM »

Jon, I think your post is too “wordy” for some on this board. I think you might edit down your last post because I honestly don’t think it will sink in otherwise. No offense intended.
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2005 on: October 12, 2020, 09:39:18 AM »

Jon, I think your post is too “wordy” for some on this board. I think you might edit down your last post because I honestly don’t think it will sink in otherwise. No offense intended.

If someone wants to know what is going on and either cannot or will not engage with John's post in order to understand what is going on, then an abbreviated post is not going to make a difference.  Everything that can be known by those of us who are not on the inside has been made known to the greatest possible degree and in the clearest possible terms without the authors of those posts jeopardizing their own standing.  If you don't already get it it is either because you don't want to or you can't.  A shorter post will not solve this problem with the will and/or the intellect.  Thank you, Jon, for affirming what HeyJude has said over and over again, at great length, in plain English.

EoL

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2006 on: October 12, 2020, 09:42:27 AM »

Sweet vindication for me and OSD! Evil

Why not bitter or sour vindication ?

You would enjoy being vindicated even if it means we all miss out ?

I’m sure you would prefer we don’t miss out, but this attitude suggests otherwise.

This is such a silly response.  SB stated he is glad to be vindicated, he does not say he is glad there are problems or that he is glad we all miss out.  GIVEN that there are problems and that we all miss out he is glad that he is vindicated.  What he said is what he meant and we he meant is quite clear.

EoL

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2007 on: October 12, 2020, 09:43:22 AM »

I think one thing some people *continue* to not grasp is this:

People in the know who are trying to give you all as much information as possible about the ongoing issues with this set are not simply doing so for your own edification. It's not simply a case of knowing about issues/problems behind the scenes and then barfing it all out for the fan base just so they can know and chatter and complain.

By bringing up certain things at certain times to the attention of the fan base, the purpose is to CHANGE THINGS, to possibly get stuff released that's being stonewalled, and maybe to at least try to change the removal of key material from the set.

This is a subtle, inexact, tightrope walk, whatever you want to call it, process.

Just the right things/people need to be called out *just enough*, at *just the right time*, not angrily or inflammatory, so that the "people who need to know" will in fact know that the fans now know.

The band members all knowing that the fans know that "Feel Flows" exists and is ready to go does not guarantee anything. Similarly, the band members knowing that fans know there could be missing Dennis material excised by one particular person, also does not *guarantee* anything. But letting band members know that fans know certain things can sometimes move the needle.

Some people don't seem to understand this. Some people seem to still, after 700 years of the history of this band, look at everything in a linear, logical fashion. Some people seem to relish in full, 100% blinders-on incredulity. Some people seem to be unwilling to believe anything unless you bring a band member to their doorstep and make the band member tell them the full truth.

This is the Beach Boys, and this is the internet. Dumb, rampant, ignorant gossip and speculation will always abound.

But I assure you, what's being discussed by the main participants of this ongoing "Feel Flows" thread is not speculation or guess work. It's the real deal, and it's people knowing the real deal trying to do everything they can behind and in front of the scenes to actually still make this set happen.  

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2008 on: October 12, 2020, 09:44:54 AM »

Thank you Hey Jude for clearing up the trifecta of cluelessness that several posts presented. I seriously don't know how you have the patience to deal with constant herding of the "unaware yet adamant" attitudes and expressions into the the direction of correctness and factual. Howie and I are reading some of the posts by people unwilling to accept a direct line to the inside and wondering is it even worth it. Hey Jude gets my respect for doing his best to guide people towards the truth. It's a very hard job and we appreciate it. I will say one thing, people keep citing "you said content had nothing to do with it" or Made in California or why is it being blocked etc... Take this in, the situation evolved from one place to another. You should have had the box months ago, it was blocked. That is history. Now is a DIFFERENT time in history. If you do end up getting the set, it may be missing things that were in the version that was blocked. Why is that? Because there are people who have expressed that they possibly would like to change it. The people who would like to change it are NOT the people who put together the box that you should have had months ago that was blocked. They wanted to give you something great and wonderful and inclusive. They worked hard on it and delivered. We are appalled that anyone would f*** with the formula they put together, but it's a real possibility and that is a bulletin directly from the inside. Not speculation. But as of now, i guess we're all in "we'll see" mode as things are still fluid as far as i know.

Thanks Jon.

And once again, Jon has much more effectively and succinctly explained what the deal is.

Everybody, read and then re-read Jon's post above.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: October 12, 2020, 10:04:57 AM »

Thank you, Jon (and thank you, HeyJude). While all of this is extraordinarily troubling, I'm sure I speak for a great many fans when I say that I'm very grateful that you chimed in with your thoughts.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 10:13:05 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2010 on: October 12, 2020, 10:06:33 AM »

Especially the “f*** with the formula” line

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: October 12, 2020, 10:11:03 AM »

I for one can't wait to get this custom printed on a T-shirt

BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2012 on: October 12, 2020, 10:16:11 AM »

Pretty sure the average post length on this board is 10 paragraphs long, which makes Jon post look small.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: October 12, 2020, 10:26:35 AM »

I for one can't wait to get this custom printed on a T-shirt

The feel flows collection! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2014 on: October 12, 2020, 11:09:13 AM »

At the “other” place a certain someone is implying that “insiders” are intentionally stirring the pot to cause turmoil 😤

I mean, really now, c’mon. Gimme a damn break

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: October 12, 2020, 11:12:16 AM »

I trust Howie Edelson and Jon Stebbins...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: October 12, 2020, 11:18:57 AM »

At the “other” place a certain someone is implying that “insiders” are intentionally stirring the pot to cause turmoil 😤

Hell we are compared to QAnon at one point... Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 11:21:39 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: October 12, 2020, 11:38:11 AM »

The *only* reason why any insiders would be posting in this thread is to help the set be released, and without it being butchered. Who would be doing that posting for fun? It's a desperate situation, clearly. The INTACT music surely means a hell of a lot to the insider folks who would come and talk about here, and they know that it means a hell of a lot to us reading the thread.

There's no way in hell that any insider has any other ultimate objective. If some of the ugliness of what is happening behind the scenes happens to be indirectly surmised during the course of discussion, then so be it. Anybody would literally have to be out of their minds to think that "exposing the ugly truth" is any insider's real goal. 

The lengths that some people go to pass the buck and avoid actually acknowledging that Mike is clearly acting terribly is truly astounding. I just dare anybody to come up with a reason other than petty jealousy that Mike would have for trying to mutilate the box set. Yet it's somehow the messenger, blame the people who risk a hell of a lot to talk about stuff and dance around certain specifics somewhat because they *have to* do that dance in order to be able to say anything at all. It is absolutely disgusting to think that anybody could really have that blame the insiders mindset, and have their tongues so far up Mike's wrinkly ass.  It's gaslighting to such a degree that I cannot even fathom it.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2018 on: October 12, 2020, 11:48:10 AM »

Exactly!

I believe someone like Howie or Jon over someone who posts under the name of a pitch correction software on a forum ran by a charlatan , any day of the damn week

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2019 on: October 12, 2020, 11:48:41 AM »

Exactly!

I believe someone like Howie or Jon over someone who posts under the name of a pitch correction software on a forum ran by a charlatan , any day of the damn week

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2020 on: October 12, 2020, 12:52:15 PM »

The *only* reason why any insiders would be posting in this thread is to help the set be released, and without it being butchered. Who would be doing that posting for fun? It's a desperate situation, clearly. The INTACT music surely means a hell of a lot to the insider folks who would come and talk about here, and they know that it means a hell of a lot to us reading the thread.

There's no way in hell that any insider has any other ultimate objective. If some of the ugliness of what is happening behind the scenes happens to be indirectly surmised during the course of discussion, then so be it. Anybody would literally have to be out of their minds to think that "exposing the ugly truth" is any insider's real goal. 

The lengths that some people go to pass the buck and avoid actually acknowledging that Mike is clearly acting terribly is truly astounding. I just dare anybody to come up with a reason other than petty jealousy that Mike would have for trying to mutilate the box set. Yet it's somehow the messenger, blame the people who risk a hell of a lot to talk about stuff and dance around certain specifics somewhat because they *have to* do that dance in order to be able to say anything at all. It is absolutely disgusting to think that anybody could really have that blame the insiders mindset, and have their tongues so far up Mike's wrinkly ass.  It's gaslighting to such a degree that I cannot even fathom it.

Exactly!

That is who they are, and this is what they do (and have been doing for years). When something doesn't fit the narrative, they attack the messenger(s), in this case that includes someone who actually worked on the set for 2 years. Not a damn thing has changed. Choose where you get your info and who you get it from, it's not difficult to suss out at this point. 

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: October 12, 2020, 01:23:54 PM »

The accusations that Mike is jealous of Dennis music doesn't make any sense to me. Just a few years ago, the Made in California box set came out which was heavy with unreleased Dennis Wilson songs! The anti Mike rhetoric is getting old. Reminds me of the rumors that Mike fired Brian during the 50th anniversary. Proven to be untrue. However, it is true that Mike was disappointed that he was not allowed to work one on one with Brian. And Brian has stated in an interview that he does not like Mike at all. Mike believes that the people around Brian is what kept him from working alone with Brian. But I believe that Brian requested that his people keep Mike from working with him. Sad situation. Personally, I think the worst part of TWGMTR was the producer, Joe Thomas.
Smiley Smile is the official Bash Mike Love Board. You won't win this argument here. For what it's worth, though, I agree with you.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2022 on: October 12, 2020, 01:35:57 PM »

So ... if the people who worked on it are saying something , why are there still questions?! I’ve known Jon and Howie for years, and I trust them immensely. Has nothing to do with this being the “bash mike board “ or the other place being a “bash everyone here” thing. Why are people trying to discredit them?!

I mean, I know *why* , I just don’t get it.

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: October 12, 2020, 01:36:18 PM »

The accusations that Mike is jealous of Dennis music doesn't make any sense to me. Just a few years ago, the Made in California box set came out which was heavy with unreleased Dennis Wilson songs! The anti Mike rhetoric is getting old. Reminds me of the rumors that Mike fired Brian during the 50th anniversary. Proven to be untrue. However, it is true that Mike was disappointed that he was not allowed to work one on one with Brian. And Brian has stated in an interview that he does not like Mike at all. Mike believes that the people around Brian is what kept him from working alone with Brian. But I believe that Brian requested that his people keep Mike from working with him. Sad situation. Personally, I think the worst part of TWGMTR was the producer, Joe Thomas.

What's getting old is that *one* story of Mike participating in the "Made in California" set being used as evidence that he would never have an issue with Dennis or Dennis material, and as evidence that he always and would always be enthusiastic about archival releases, and I guess, that a MILLION other internal issues/politics wouldn't supersede any of that.

This ignores 60 years of band history and politics, including interviews *with* Mike where he discusses his affinity/enthusiasm, or lack thereof, concerning archival releases, album reissues, and really studio recording in general.

So you are just going to ignore all the things that have come out, like Sunshine Tomorrow and Wake the World? Also, Mike has stated many times that he likes the music from 67-73. His main beef was that they were poorly promoted. Especially by Capital in 68-69. He also helped promote the Smile Sessions 9 years ago.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: October 12, 2020, 01:38:43 PM »

We are appalled that anyone would f*** with the formula they put together, but it's a real possibility

That's a pretty clear statement right there of who is to blame, from a insider and someone extremely close to and emotionally connected to Dennis Wilson . . . not that anyone reading this thread with their eyes open, or for that matter following this band for longer than a few hours, needed it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 01:43:01 PM by thetojo » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx