gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:44:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841487 times)
Cork On The Ocean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: October 02, 2020, 10:06:57 AM »

I politely advocate for the release on a daily basis on just about every social media post they put up, but if their reasons are unguessable and seemingly unrelated to the set, I don't know what good any of it will do. If it really is more or less unrelated, but a serious situation warranting attention, that doesn't seem to jibe with the own worst enemy, finding a way to f*** things up, whole circular firing squad doing their thing...again statement. That would imply historically nonsensical, petty squabbling.

You guys know what you know. I don't know what to think, but it's sad that they still can't get it together at nearly 80 years old and 60 as a group. I've only started diving deep and getting obsessed in 2013 after I bought MiC and I'm already beyond exasperated at them. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for those who have been fans for decades, or since the very beginning. In relation to...other places...talking about entitlement and such, I'd argue if the band didn't want us talking about it or championing it's release, they only have themselves to blame for repeatedly teasing it, it's contents, possible release timelines, mentioning it in their "Official Publication of Record". Seems they have a long and storied history of teasing their fans with releases that get hopelessly delayed or yanked out of existence.
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: October 02, 2020, 12:23:00 PM »

Hey HeyJude,

Didn't someone in this thread say the main thing holding up "Feel Flows" is an issue with credits?  Or did I dream that?

Now if that's the case, then the credit situation has to worked out.  Or... the song, or songs, in question have to be excised from the set.

That brings us to speculation on why the credit situation is so hard to resolve.  I mean, are Mike or any other of the Beach Boys going to make more than a negligible amount by getting their names on some obscure track that is going to appear on this vanity/historical release?  Probably not.  So that should be easy to resolve.

However, if someone wants their credit changed on one or more of the main songs on the two albums, then perhaps they're asking for reimbursement of monies lost over the years?  Isn't that what Mike did before?  He sued and got Brian to pay him for royalties he was not paid over the years?

Am I getting close?

Love and merci,
Dan Lega

Nah, credits are not an issue. There's no dispute over songwriting or any other credits.

I don't think anybody has actually asserted that credits are an issue. I think someone at some point speculated if that might be the case. Either way, credits aren't at issue.

While it's understandable up to a point to find this concept confusing, it's important to remember that the compilation, mixing, mastering, artwork prep, etc. for this set were all run through the appropriate parties. Essentially, this set *was* given a green light at every step up until the finished product was ready for a release date to be set and manufacturing to begin. Knowing this might help folks to understand the things that would be very unlikely to be an issue. Things like track listing concerns, songwriting credits, liner notes disputes, all of that stuff would have been raised as an issue most likely prior to the set literally being ready to be sent to the printers/manufacturing plant. Obviously, anybody could dispute anything at any time, including disputing something they previously signed off on. But I don't believe that's the case with "Feel Flows."

A situation came into being, virtually unrelated to anything to do with the set, and it was and seemingly still is being used to decide to delay releasing the set. As I've previously said, this situation is a legit situation that would require appropriate attention, care, etc. I'm not even characterizing whether said situation is a good or a bad thing. It's just a thing/issue/occurrence, whatever you want to call it. That this situation is given serious attention is not unwarranted. What seems to have confused/stunned/frustrated folks is that *that* situation is being used as a reason to delay releasing "Feel Flows" when most people I think would see no reason that the set couldn't be released as per normal.

Thank you to keep us informed, HeyJude.

Reading your post makes me think: or it’s because of concerns about releasing it during covid (and I don’t remember if it’s been ruled out by you, Howie or Jon), to release it during Brian’s documentary promotional run (named after a Carl’s song, just like FF), or to release it to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the band (not involving a reunion tour or a new album).
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1877 on: October 02, 2020, 12:42:41 PM »

Hey HeyJude,

Didn't someone in this thread say the main thing holding up "Feel Flows" is an issue with credits?  Or did I dream that?

Now if that's the case, then the credit situation has to worked out.  Or... the song, or songs, in question have to be excised from the set.

That brings us to speculation on why the credit situation is so hard to resolve.  I mean, are Mike or any other of the Beach Boys going to make more than a negligible amount by getting their names on some obscure track that is going to appear on this vanity/historical release?  Probably not.  So that should be easy to resolve.

However, if someone wants their credit changed on one or more of the main songs on the two albums, then perhaps they're asking for reimbursement of monies lost over the years?  Isn't that what Mike did before?  He sued and got Brian to pay him for royalties he was not paid over the years?

Am I getting close?

Love and merci,
Dan Lega

Nah, credits are not an issue. There's no dispute over songwriting or any other credits.

I don't think anybody has actually asserted that credits are an issue. I think someone at some point speculated if that might be the case. Either way, credits aren't at issue.

While it's understandable up to a point to find this concept confusing, it's important to remember that the compilation, mixing, mastering, artwork prep, etc. for this set were all run through the appropriate parties. Essentially, this set *was* given a green light at every step up until the finished product was ready for a release date to be set and manufacturing to begin. Knowing this might help folks to understand the things that would be very unlikely to be an issue. Things like track listing concerns, songwriting credits, liner notes disputes, all of that stuff would have been raised as an issue most likely prior to the set literally being ready to be sent to the printers/manufacturing plant. Obviously, anybody could dispute anything at any time, including disputing something they previously signed off on. But I don't believe that's the case with "Feel Flows."

A situation came into being, virtually unrelated to anything to do with the set, and it was and seemingly still is being used to decide to delay releasing the set. As I've previously said, this situation is a legit situation that would require appropriate attention, care, etc. I'm not even characterizing whether said situation is a good or a bad thing. It's just a thing/issue/occurrence, whatever you want to call it. That this situation is given serious attention is not unwarranted. What seems to have confused/stunned/frustrated folks is that *that* situation is being used as a reason to delay releasing "Feel Flows" when most people I think would see no reason that the set couldn't be released as per normal.

Thank you to keep us informed, HeyJude.

Reading your post makes me think: or it’s because of concerns about releasing it during covid (and I don’t remember if it’s been ruled out by you, Howie or Jon), to release it during Brian’s documentary promotional run (named after a Carl’s song, just like FF), or to release it to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the band (not involving a reunion tour or a new album).

None of the above.

COVID would be the perfect time to release this set. Not trying to be insensitive; it's a hugely scary time, but it's literally a time where people cooped up at home are spending more on home entertainment. Plus, BRI revenue is next to zero this year due to minimal touring. A set that they've already laid all the money out for would be perfect right now.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:44:08 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: October 02, 2020, 12:56:30 PM »

It's sure be interesting to know what the band members, their families, and the employees tasked with running their social media accounts, what all of those folks think of the fan movement wanting the set released, advocating that it would be a smart thing.

I would think that there must be a lot of infuriated people behind the scenes who are seeing enthusiastic fans creating a petition and pushing for the release, yet they are somehow staying silent. Not infuriated BY the fans, but FOR the fans, and upset that they are presumably under a directive to stay silent.

I can't help but think that at minimum, the desire is there for not just insiders like Howie and Jon, but people AT the top or VERY close to the top of the BBs food chain to want to publicly address what's going on here, and not just endlessly give the silent treatment to fans.

Once again, this is all the more reason for the tracklist to leak out.

When does a conspiracy of silence ever end well?  Mike better hope that COVID keeps going for a long while because if he reinstates Meet and Greets, I am certain that there will be fans who purchase tickets to get the chance to directly ask him why the conspiracy of silence about the set. This set is not going to fade away silently into the night.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 02:05:45 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1879 on: October 02, 2020, 06:33:14 PM »

Relevant to perhaps nothing, I want to share a story.

Roughly 20 years ago, a co-worker at the time got tickets to see Vanilla Ice live. It was near where he lived, and the price was good, so he went. This was when Vanilla Ice was doing a tour of clubs and smaller venues - I guess to fund his real estate ventures or something.

So he's at the club, and everyone is waiting for Ice to come out. He has a DJ/mixer with him who's also acting as the emcee and trying to fire up the crowd, spinning some tracks, etc. He's yelling into the mic to give Ice his props, give him his props, etc. So the crowd does. And the guy keeps yelling at the crowd to give Ice his props, and the crowd does repeatedly...but they get tired of that bullshit and want to see Ice perform, which is what they paid to see. And Vanilla Ice is still not performing anything. The crowd is getting restless.

So the guy says it again, and my friend finally yelled back "We already gave him his props, now it's time to fucking perform!". Which Ice finally did. But the show was stopped at some point after the house lights came up and the emcee started yelling "Who's smokin' that wet? Is someone smokin' wet?". But eventually he did Ice Ice Baby which he could have done 12 times in a row and still given the crowd their show.

I guess the point is, the fans are growing tired of giving our props (i.e. continuous support and encouragement) to this band and this shelved box set and hearing dead silence. It would be nice to get at least some acknowledgement, or else fans will grow tired of repeating the same damn things over and over again for weeks if not months on end. The petition is there, the comments on all social media platforms including this forum are there, the fans have been consistently enthusiastic and active in their support for a release...It's time to f**king perform. 

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: October 02, 2020, 07:47:58 PM »

Roughly 20 years ago, a co-worker at the time got tickets to see Vanilla Ice live. It was near where he lived, and the price was good, so he went. This was when Vanilla Ice was doing a tour of clubs and smaller venues - I guess to fund his real estate ventures or something.

So he's at the club, and everyone is waiting for Ice to come out. He has a DJ/mixer with him who's also acting as the emcee and trying to fire up the crowd, spinning some tracks, etc. He's yelling into the mic to give Ice his props, give him his props, etc. So the crowd does. And the guy keeps yelling at the crowd to give Ice his props, and the crowd does repeatedly...but they get tired of that bullshit and want to see Ice perform, which is what they paid to see. And Vanilla Ice is still not performing anything. The crowd is getting restless.

So the guy says it again, and my friend finally yelled back "We already gave him his props, now it's time to fucking perform!". Which Ice finally did. But the show was stopped at some point after the house lights came up and the emcee started yelling "Who's smokin' that wet? Is someone smokin' wet?". But eventually he did Ice Ice Baby which he could have done 12 times in a row and still given the crowd their show.

I guess the point is, the fans are growing tired of giving our props (i.e. continuous support and encouragement) to this band and this shelved box set and hearing dead silence. It would be nice to get at least some acknowledgement, or else fans will grow tired of repeating the same damn things over and over again for weeks if not months on end. The petition is there, the comments on all social media platforms including this forum are there, the fans have been consistently enthusiastic and active in their support for a release...It's time to f**king perform. 

I'm surprised Mike didn't try to do a collaboration with Vanilla Ice.

"Rollin' in my Five Point Wheeeennnnnnn"
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1881 on: October 03, 2020, 08:29:57 AM »

Hey HeyJude,

Am I getting close?

Love and merci,
Dan Lega

Perhaps it might be useful to put up some kind of FAQ on this project and everything we objectively know about it to be true.  If for the sole reason to curb all the speculation going on in this thread.  Seems in some cases we're all just talking past each other at this point.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1882 on: October 03, 2020, 01:34:02 PM »

Hey HeyJude,

Am I getting close?

Love and merci,
Dan Lega

Perhaps it might be useful to put up some kind of FAQ on this project and everything we objectively know about it to be true.  If for the sole reason to curb all the speculation going on in this thread.  Seems in some cases we're all just talking past each other at this point.

The only thing I’m taking from all of this, is that the box isn’t coming out and the reason it isn’t coming out has nothing to do with the box  🤷‍♂️

"You're entitled to protect your copyright. You're not entitled to control the Internet," - Federal Court Justice Murray Wilcox
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: October 03, 2020, 01:56:41 PM »

Okay, so far we've been told the following are not the reasons for the holdup:
- making it conditional upon a new release,
- making it conditional upon a new tour,
- making it conditional upon any sort of reunion project,
- it's not based on an objection to any of the content (ie. track inclusions, liner notes, booklets, packaging etc.) I'd say it is implicit in that that the format (CD, LP, digital etc.) is not the issue either.
- it's not a timing issue (such as economic issues/concerns around covid-19) implicitly any other timing issue.
- it's not related to some fundamental question about whether copyright extension releases are viable overall.
- it's not because of any economic factor about sales expectations etc.

What we've been told it is:
- a valid concern to resolve a certain issue.
- something which most of us (or maybe it was most people who know how the industry really works) would say "huh?" or "what?" or some like term as to why someone linked this issue to the release of the box set.
- in other words, it's something that it seems to me could be resolved at a later time.

## I've paraphrased all of the above, which may mean certain important nuances in the messaging have been lost.

Pure speculation time (again)

It is my summation then that it could be Carl's estate holding things up, because they may be a bit further removed from the industry than the others.

IF that is correct, my sincere apologies to Mike Love for the nasty things I may have posted suggesting it was him holding things up, with the proviso that such apology does not extend to the rest of the insults I hurled at Mike.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 01:58:26 PM by thetojo » Logged
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: October 03, 2020, 03:18:06 PM »

HeyJude - it seems like you know what the 'thing' in question is - is there any reason you're obliged not to share it?

Yes. Same reason most anybody would not be able to reveal certain details/sources, etc.

But I've continued to mention that I feel comfortable saying that, for the purposes of advocating for this set, it doesn't matter. Knowing the whole back story wouldn't change anything about the main point right now being to continue to let everybody and anybody know that we want this set and that it should come out.

I'm getting a strange feeling reading all these latest posts that someone in the group is ill.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1885 on: October 03, 2020, 06:48:01 PM »

HeyJude - it seems like you know what the 'thing' in question is - is there any reason you're obliged not to share it?

Yes. Same reason most anybody would not be able to reveal certain details/sources, etc.

But I've continued to mention that I feel comfortable saying that, for the purposes of advocating for this set, it doesn't matter. Knowing the whole back story wouldn't change anything about the main point right now being to continue to let everybody and anybody know that we want this set and that it should come out.

I'm getting a strange feeling reading all these latest posts that someone in the group is ill.

No,  nothing to do with illness.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: October 03, 2020, 07:02:39 PM »

Considering what has been debunked, it would seem this is perhaps due to some weird behind-the-scenes machinations with BRI, maybe something to do with power or overall control of something(s), during which time the agreement to release this set somehow slipped through. It seems like some sort of nonsense that the entire group had to agree to and somebody is being a holdout for unrelated but ultimately asinine reasons.  Perhaps some tax/royalty thing as a whole for the band, choice of which lawyers to use for the brand, who controls what, or some other lame business related garbage has resulted in a hangup.  Maybe something in that ballpark.

Which is especially ironic considering both Brian and Dennis repeatedly throughout the history of this band avoided business meetings and truly gave no shits about things like that. The gave many shits about ART. And now something like that is very possibly causing some of those very guys' greatest music to be mutilated or killed completely.

If the holdup isn't directly related to the box, and is just purely about some other thing that is being a roadblock, it would seem that whichever member is holding things up clearly doesn't ultimately value the contents on the box, and feels that it's fine to screw over the legacy of the dead Wilson brothers, not to mention the entire band/brand, in an effort to get their way about some unrelated thing. The elderly fans to whom this set would mean the world, who may not be around to hear the music at all unless it comes out soon, clearly don't mean a damn to whoever is responsible.

Whatever reason it turns out to be, I don't see how this above would be an untrue statement. Somebody in the band thinks that it's more important to get their way about an unrelated thing, and finds that to be more important than the music on this box or the positive effect it would have on the legacy, let alone the positive effect it would have on fans who are going through the darkest of times during Covid. This, coming from "Mr. Positivity", a moniker that actually beats the irony factor of Ellen's "Queen of Nice" by several light years.

And once again, if there's anybody in the band who has consistently shown they have their priorities out of whack, we all know who that is. I don't know that anybody has poo-poo'ed the claim that the set is being used as a pawn in some fashion, for some envious member scheming to get their way about some other unrelated matter.

It's truly sick. If this set winds up not coming out, then 2020 will be the year Mike DID follow through on his decision to release his ridiculous "viral Super Bowl" song that NOBODY wanted or cared about, and decided NOT to release a giant amount of amazing precious music that EVERYBODY wanted. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

It ALWAYS comes back to that Jack Rieley quote. EVERY TIME.  Put a pathological egomaniac in a band (or hell, in charge of the country), stir, let simmer, and watch the ultimately atrocious results, like some demented science experiment. We've been watching the very results that Jack so wisely spoke about in unbelievably spot-on fashion for many, many decades.  F*cking tragic.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 08:11:42 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: October 03, 2020, 08:21:05 PM »

No,  nothing to do with illness.
Good.
Toursiveu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: October 04, 2020, 08:37:04 AM »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 08:39:52 AM by Toursiveu » Logged
Toursiveu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: October 04, 2020, 08:38:39 AM »

I'm surprised Mike didn't try to do a collaboration with Vanilla Ice.

"Rollin' in my Five Point Wheeeennnnnnn"

Please, don't give him ideas...
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: October 04, 2020, 01:13:55 PM »

Considering what has been debunked, it would seem this is perhaps due to some weird behind-the-scenes machinations with BRI, maybe something to do with power or overall control of something(s), during which time the agreement to release this set somehow slipped through. It seems like some sort of nonsense that the entire group had to agree to and somebody is being a holdout for unrelated but ultimately asinine reasons.  Perhaps some tax/royalty thing as a whole for the band, choice of which lawyers to use for the brand, who controls what, or some other lame business related garbage has resulted in a hangup.  Maybe something in that ballpark.

I must say this explanation, what I'd call a BRI constitutional reform agenda, did occur to me as a possibility that hasn't been excluded yet.

It may also be something like long-term investment or divestment decision - could have something to do with fringe assets held by BRI - or some other business decision.

It could have something to do with the relationship with Capitol/UM.

I don't think we are going to find out for a few years, but I'm hoping whatever it is - based on what we're hearing, it can't be resolved quickly or there is a serious deadlock - the party or parties who are holding out can re-examine the need for it's resolution before this release is approved and realize that it can still be resolved after the release.

It sounds to me like it is not so much a deliberate ultimatum using this box as leverage, and more of just a misunderstanding about possible other ways to resolve the issue.

In order for the box set to come out, it sounds like what is required is a reassessment of the situation by that party/those parties.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: October 05, 2020, 01:08:11 AM »

I touched on this many pages ago but I don’t think it was commented on. The whole group is near 80. Could certain parties want a good deal now (and payment now) for future releases? They may not be around to negotiate future releases so are putting pressure on while they can.

Just a thought.
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: October 05, 2020, 12:14:52 PM »

Actually I had a vision last night of a man on a flaming surfboard hovering in the sky.

He said "I am the music, I yearn to be heard. When you hear me, you complete me".

I said "that's great, weird guy on a surfboard in the sky in my vision, but what is the holdup with the Feel Flows box set?"

He said, "great question Thetojo - the answer is almost unguessable"

I said that's why I'm asking.

He said "they can't agree on whether or not to allow the name "The Beach Boys" be licensed to a live band that doesn't include an original Beach Boy."

I said "Huh?, What? That's got nothing to do with . . ."

He cut me off and said "I know, but are you surprised?"

I said " tell me one more thing, what are next weekend's lottery numbers?"

That's when he disappeared.

Sorry folks, I forgot to ask about the track listing.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: October 05, 2020, 07:07:10 PM »

All this talk about "leverage" and "holding out" for whatever deals strikes me as ludicrous.  This isn't Smile.  This isn't Pet Sounds.    The market for this set is minuscule.  The number of people who worldwide who are genuinely pining for this set is tiny (like a few thousand).  In short, if one or more of the BRI principals truly believes that holding up this set gives him some sort of leverage over anything, he's delusional.  (which, considering the history of the group, is actually more likely than not  LOL  )
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: October 06, 2020, 03:23:28 AM »

As I've said, when or if people finally hear what it's all about, they'll probably all look at the resulting decision to delay this set and think "huh? why?". The core reason is very specific, and an obviously weighty/serious thing all on its own. The issue is that to most folks in the know, it isn't actually a reason why "Feel Flows" would actually need to be delayed at all. The *thing* going on behind the scenes isn't crazy or unreasonable. What's driving people nuts is that certain folk or folks are saying because of that *thing*, the set shouldn't come out right now. Most would look at the situation (in my opinion) and say "What does that thing have to do with putting this set out?"

As we all are speculating, let us remember this quote (which I wish could be stickied to every page of this thread) from HeyJude. There is a serious “thing” going on behind the scenes and the delay of this boxset is being caused by that “thing” even though the “thing” has nothing to do with the boxset. When/if we ever hear the reason and we are left saying “huh? Why?” I can only imagine it is something that makes no logical sense in regards to the boxset. It isn’t illness, it isn’t COVID, it probably isn’t leverage. But it’s also not a trivial matter.

In any case, with this information I think my speculating days are over. Where that leaves me is just sad that we are probably never going to see this set. The months keep ticking by with no positive news. This would be the time to announce and start a marketing campaign for a Christmas release, but nothing has come up. No one in the band talks about this set (granted, very few interviews have taken place due to COVID).

HUGE thanks to everyone who continues to do all that they can to try and get this set released. The person who made the petition, you got 1500 fans unified for an amazing cause - unifying such a diverse group is a huge accomplishment on its own. And thanks to all who have (and continue) to use social media to get the word out about the set.

I’m not giving up hope yet, but as the days tick by, as it gets cooler out, leaves are changing, I am more and more grieved by the lack of any positive news. I guess all we can do is keep talking about the set - but with each day it does get harder to talk about a topic we have made 1,894 posts about already.

Thanks HeyJude for your insights. Hopefully we get some positive news soon.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: October 06, 2020, 07:39:04 AM »

All this talk about "leverage" and "holding out" for whatever deals strikes me as ludicrous.  This isn't Smile.  This isn't Pet Sounds.    The market for this set is minuscule.  The number of people who worldwide who are genuinely pining for this set is tiny (like a few thousand).  In short, if one or more of the BRI principals truly believes that holding up this set gives him some sort of leverage over anything, he's delusional.  (which, considering the history of the group, is actually more likely than not  LOL  )

It's true. Bruce is holding the KTSA 40th deluxe set back purely for leverage over his range of designer shorts.

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
Dan Lega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: October 06, 2020, 07:10:55 PM »

I liked "TheTojo's" dream about a Beach Boy-less group touring under the Beach Boys name.  It could well be the case.

In the same vein, maybe Mike is finally tired of paying Brian, Alan, and Carl's estate a licensing fee whenever he tours as The Beach Boys?  Perhaps he's trying to get that fee reduced or cancelled?

Both scenarios certainly fit the mold of not having anything to do with the box set, but being a legitimate concern that someone, (that being Mike,) would like changed.

Love and merci,

Dan Lega
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: October 07, 2020, 05:38:59 AM »

Jude's still-cryptic revelations strongly suggest that initial speculations about the hold-up of FEEL FLOWS made many pages back in this thread were on the money, both figuratively and literally.

Of course it's both a shame and a sham if a set such as FEEL FLOWS has been held hostage to any other demands that purportedly aggrieved parties may be making.

I'd suggest that those who are directly engaging with social media outlets take an approach that references these scenarios in what they post; something on the order of "Can you please confirm the information trickling out that strongly suggests that FEEL FLOWS is being held hostage to some other set of internal issues that have nothing to do with the music itself? Making this situation clear to the public is one of the best ways to apply pressure to those who've made FEEL FLOWS into "only a pawn in the(ir) game."

Also it would be useful if our experts here could weigh in on what they think the "drop dead date" is for putting the physical box set into production in order to meet a December 31 deadline (thus covering the copyright issues).

We also need to dig into the reports that the set might be broken up, which doesn't track with the more recent notions about it being hostaged to some unrelated corporate wrangling. Social messages should also address that issue and strongly advise against such occurring, indicating that the fan base is not going to be nearly as responsive to piecemeal releases of this material when a more comprehensive approach had been undertaken and signed off on by the principals.

Even though there is much else going on in the fraught world of the USA, we need to keep the pressure on in order to save America's band from going under the waves AGAIN.

FREE FEEL FLOWS!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: October 07, 2020, 07:03:59 AM »

I'd suggest that those who are directly engaging with social media outlets take an approach that references these scenarios in what they post; something on the order of "Can you please confirm the information trickling out that strongly suggests that FEEL FLOWS is being held hostage to some other set of internal issues that have nothing to do with the music itself? Making this situation clear to the public is one of the best ways to apply pressure to those who've made FEEL FLOWS into "only a pawn in the(ir) game."

I get that we're all frustrated by the wait. I want to hold this set in my own hands as much as anyone else here, but this suggestion above is the wrong way to approach the release dilemma. Pushing the artists to respond to fan rumors will only make them less willing to move on FF. We need to let them know there's an audience that's beyond eager for this product -- in a positive manner. Convince them how much we want to hear it.
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: October 07, 2020, 07:07:54 AM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:50:40 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx