gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:35:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841537 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: September 19, 2020, 02:04:15 PM »

Great post, Wirestone. Cheers, Donny. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: September 19, 2020, 02:34:08 PM »

Hi Wirestone, what you wrote wasn’t too bad, though I don’t think anyone wanted to make you feel guilty or thinks you should.
Nonetheless to come back on to deliver this friendly message is a measure of the decency we’ve seen from you on these boards over the years.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: September 19, 2020, 02:34:54 PM »

Whilst I am slightly reluctant to post this - it's basic common sense that if 1,400 people pay $100 each for a physical box set, that does not amount to $140,000 in profit, as has been assumed, implied or inferred by some here. - There's a difference between profit and revenue, and there's a difference between wholesale and retail. Both of those differences work against that kind of result that is suggested.

And we have been told, and I think should accept, that this whole thing isn't really about economics anyway. These guys wouldn't notice the difference in their bank balances as a result of whether or not this is released. And it's BRI, not any label causing the hold up here.

Therefore it is support of a kind other than financial that is the matter at stake here, and that will, if anything will, turn the tide.

As Forrest Gump would say "that's all I have to say about that".

« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 02:40:50 PM by thetojo » Logged
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1703 on: September 19, 2020, 02:52:06 PM »

I should apologize for being a jackass earlier. I'm dealing with challenges of these times the same way a lot of us likely are -- that is, not well at all.

I appreciate this band and care about it deeply. I believe in supporting its members. Hell, I even bought a physical copy of "Unleash the Love," if it makes a difference to Mike.

But I also find this kind of inter-band drama -- still -- around releases of music recorded a half-century ago profoundly dispiriting. Everyone here is grousing at one another because we're not able to do the one thing we _all_ want to do, which is buy the frigging boxed set already.

Bless you all and love and mercy.

Kudos to you and this post - I’m getting too hotheaded in here. But I’d like to see us all do better.

DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1704 on: September 19, 2020, 02:53:50 PM »

Whilst I am slightly reluctant to post this - it's basic common sense that if 1,400 people pay $100 each for a physical box set, that does not amount to $140,000 in profit, as has been assumed, implied or inferred by some here. - There's a difference between profit and revenue, and there's a difference between wholesale and retail. Both of those differences work against that kind of result that is suggested.

And we have been told, and I think should accept, that this whole thing isn't really about economics anyway. These guys wouldn't notice the difference in their bank balances as a result of whether or not this is released. And it's BRI, not any label causing the hold up here.

Therefore it is support of a kind other than financial that is the matter at stake here, and that will, if anything will, turn the tide.

I’m sure they will sell significantly more than 1400 units (I would assume at least 10x that) of the box if it’s released. But I also assume that a good chunk of those who signed the petition will not buy it.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: September 19, 2020, 03:07:47 PM »

You're absolutely right. I cannot can see this having anything to do directly with how much money this box would generate. That is not causing a giant media blackout from all of the bandmembers regarding the set.  This I believe has everything to do with the box being used as a pawn for some other scheme. Think about who we are dealing with, and the history.

To assume otherwise would imply that Mike isn't the type of person who would want to get something out of a situation if he could. That he would just leave things he deeply values simply on the table.  That doesn't seem particularly logical to me.

If you want to believe Mike has nothing to do with this, you would have to believe that he doesn't want to write with Brian again enough to scheme for it, and that as the 60th anniversary approaches and surely his last chance to write with Brian looms, that he wouldn't try to hold something hostage in order to get that to happen, if such a situation just happened to drop into his lap. You would have to think that somehow out of character for him. An added bonus of reuniting with Brian again is to improve Mike's own understandably putrid standing in the media again after what happened in February. The optics would be "look everybody, everything's OK with Brian and me now, Brian is even writing with me again!"  And mike's best case scenario hypothetical successful collaboration would prove to the world once and for all that Brian needs Mike in order to write successful hits. Tell me that isn't exactly what Mike seems to want in this world?

I think he justifies all of his actions based on how unjustly he feels he was treated with the songwriting credit decades ago. Everything is an effort to continually correct his minimized public perception which he blames on that.  He's never shown any indication in interviews since winning the early 1990s lawsuit that he has "gotten over it". Which I can understand, only to a point.

But I think either he will eventually realize that his efforts to get exactly what he wants are futile, and/or perhaps hopefully he could be convinced that FF's release is simply in his best interest. Or maybe Brian will just give in and work with Mike again. Brian is historically way too forgiving a person for his own good in my estimation (even including Landy it would seem), yet of course he has people around him looking out for his own best interests as well.

I have little doubt that if the truth of what's going on with the box ever comes out, the optics will be really, really bad.

I do think fans should keep working to get this traction in other media outlets, as well as contacting as many of the band associates as possible to perhaps get somebody to tweet about it. It's only a matter time before we are better able to surmise what's happening here. I really don't believe all the parties involved can remain silent forever. IMHO, if anything, the set might get released purely out of the parties not wanting the negative press should the reasons for the holdup get made public.

I should add… Another piece of circumstantial evidence that seems to fit in with my theory that this is about Mike trying to force some sort of reunion activity, is that Al recently responded with "suggest to Brian and Mike!" to a fan on social media who asked Al if a final BBs reunion album could happen. If anything, perhaps Al thinks that enough vocal fan interest in a reunion would eventually cause any behind-the-scenes Brian/Mike stalemates to subside, and sadly I find it difficult to believe that this box's limbo isn't part of that whole equation.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 03:44:17 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: September 19, 2020, 03:16:29 PM »

Okay, I was making a definite generalization and I know it wouldn’t be an exact $140,000. My point was that they will be making more than the $4000 “profit” that 1,000,000 listens will get you on Spotify. Next time I’ll be a heck of a lot more specific.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: September 19, 2020, 03:33:47 PM »

Just want to mention that I have a friend who hosts a radio program in Connecticut who I’ve been talking with regarding what has been going on with the Feel Flows box set. His show airs biweekly on Fridays and he plays lots of 60s and 70s music, including The Beach Boys, along with new music. On Friday, September 4th, he made mention of the box set on-air. He spoke briefly about what it is, that it is being held up for unknown reasons, and that he believes that is important for the decision makers in charge to find a way to release it. While he didn’t mention the Change.org petition, the fact that he mentioned that the set exists to all his listeners I think is noteworthy, since it is yet another way to help spread the word that the set exists and is currently being held up. I’m sure regional radio show mentions such as this one, combined with all the social media posts are helping spread awareness about what is going on.

For anyone interested, the show is “Connections on WPKN”, which airs on WPKN in Connecticut. You can listen to the show online via the WPKN website. The September 4th episode can be listened to here: http://archives.wpkn.org/bookmarks/listen/301545/spontaneous-connections-new-and-vintage-music- and the mention occurs right around the 2 hour and 15 minute mark.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: September 19, 2020, 03:47:02 PM »

I will say, more to the point, that Rolling Stone or Pitchfork could do something pretty tough about the box and get the broader music community riled up. Of course, that's the definition of a high-risk, high-reward proposition.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: September 19, 2020, 03:58:51 PM »

I will say, more to the point, that Rolling Stone or Pitchfork could do something pretty tough about the box and get the broader music community riled up. Of course, that's the definition of a high-risk, high-reward proposition.

"Mike Love tries to force Brian Wilson to write with him, as he holds hostage the music of Brian's late brothers to get what he wants" might be a rough headline, but it also might not be far from the truth. And yes, no telling how that would play out, but it'd be risky as hell.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: September 19, 2020, 04:20:45 PM »

The effort to release Feel Flows has been mentioned on Wikipedia. My article is their source. Word being spread!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feel_Flows
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: September 19, 2020, 04:44:09 PM »

Thanks for writing that piece, Joel! Glad it’s making the rounds.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: September 19, 2020, 04:46:29 PM »

Thanks for writing that piece, Joel! Glad it’s making the rounds.

+1. Thanks Joel!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1713 on: September 19, 2020, 05:58:29 PM »

That’s awesome!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: September 19, 2020, 06:28:40 PM »

To be honest, if some kind of ‘forcing of hands’ is in play over a 60th (and I’m doubtful) then I find absolutely nothing to ‘Celebrate’.
Actually, has there been anything worthy of a group celebration since 2012? Not for me.  Huh
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: September 20, 2020, 01:36:56 PM »

To get this somewhat back on-topic, isn't it interesting to think about how much more fun and interesting and exciting it would be if, say, a set and track listing had been announced by now and we were having fun speculating about the contents of the set?

Could your source reveal any small details about track listing? E.g. I think it was Adam Marsland who, in the run up to Smile Sessions, revealed that Alan Boyd had let him know of a then unrevealed "woah" inclusion in that set. It turned out to be the Wild Honey era Surf's Up recording if I recall.

I would generally agree with Donny that I prefer threads to follow an organic path and flow freely into any related tangents, unless things go way off topic, rather than separating those out into  separate threads, but it looks like we might be in a minority. But if the function of this thread is just to keep the Feel Flows release on the agenda, until there is new news, what more can we do here than go round in circles with the same group of voices just saying we would like to see it released?

My own fan knowledge/scholarship tells me you could probably look at that old "Brother Rarities Proposed Bonus Tracks" set of discs from 2000 to get just an inkling of an idea of some of the stuff that could be on the set.

I'd wager we'd get one or more iteration of "This Whole World" including that extra long backing track on that "Brother Rarities" test disc. The demo and alternate of "'Til I Die" would seem likely. The alternate "Add Some Music To Your Day."

I know, these are all obvious.

I was going to say we should use that to create a bare minimum list/discussion of what could come out. And I plan to edit that into this post in a second. EDIT: See three posts down.

The effort to release Feel Flows has been mentioned on Wikipedia. My article is their source. Word being spread!

Thanks Joel!! Your article is also used as a source for this info on Wiki’s (main) BB article/page as well!!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 03:18:12 PM by All Summer Long » Logged
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: September 20, 2020, 01:43:41 PM »

Of course it is not about the % of signees who will actually buy. It's about generating and expanding awareness of this situation and having a strategy to apply whatever pressure is possible upon those who are holding this up.

It's fine to have tangents in the thread, it's just important that they don't circle back to other tangents that have already been proven to be malicious attempts at distraction.

Rab's surmise about what would need to be done to FEEL FLOWS if only a copyright dump happens at the end of the year is the elephant in the room here, because it points up that the only way that question can be answered is if the track listing surfaces. Then we know a great deal more about the impacts.

I think podcast folks such as the one myonlysunshine just referenced should be encouraged to focus on such an approach, referencing Howie's assessment of the project. They should be supplied with some talking points about the music that has emerged from that period over the years to extrapolate from Howie's description.

Wirestone, you are right on it in terms of who should be bringing out the media pressure regarding this. But (again, apologies for the equivalent of playing "Be My Baby" 87 times in a row...) that requires the track listing--those guys need all the info they can have at their disposal to take this to the limit.

CD, the "Mike holds FF hostage" scenario is a compelling (and harrowing) hypothesis, with irresistibly lurid overtones. But the big media folks will have to actually confirm that such is the case before that headline will be unfurled. The other headline that comes to mind is" "79 GOING ON 12."

Joel, we all REALLY appreciate your efforts!

All Summer Long, we are READY for that list...
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: September 20, 2020, 02:28:35 PM »

Of course it is not about the % of signees who will actually buy. It's about generating and expanding awareness of this situation and having a strategy to apply whatever pressure is possible upon those who are holding this up.

It's fine to have tangents in the thread, it's just important that they don't circle back to other tangents that have already been proven to be malicious attempts at distraction.

Rab's surmise about what would need to be done to FEEL FLOWS if only a copyright dump happens at the end of the year is the elephant in the room here, because it points up that the only way that question can be answered is if the track listing surfaces. Then we know a great deal more about the impacts.

I think podcast folks such as the one myonlysunshine just referenced should be encouraged to focus on such an approach, referencing Howie's assessment of the project. They should be supplied with some talking points about the music that has emerged from that period over the years to extrapolate from Howie's description.

Wirestone, you are right on it in terms of who should be bringing out the media pressure regarding this. But (again, apologies for the equivalent of playing "Be My Baby" 87 times in a row...) that requires the track listing--those guys need all the info they can have at their disposal to take this to the limit.

CD, the "Mike holds FF hostage" scenario is a compelling (and harrowing) hypothesis, with irresistibly lurid overtones. But the big media folks will have to actually confirm that such is the case before that headline will be unfurled. The other headline that comes to mind is" "79 GOING ON 12."

Joel, we all REALLY appreciate your efforts!

All Summer Long, we are READY for that list...

This is true. No media company is going to state something as fact without having their ducks in a row.

Of course, it's entirely possible they might be able to state some speculation based on circumstantial evidence, historical research and educated guesswork as long as they don't state things as fact.

In any case, your headline of "79 GOING ON 12" is spot on.

All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: September 20, 2020, 03:14:46 PM »

Thanks for the support Don Malcolm!! As a younger/newer fan, I haven’t heard a lot of what has already surfaced on older releases and boots so I’m eagerly supporting, hoping for, and awaiting this box set for many reasons.

So considering what we know exists, there are 20 masters from the original albums plus:

- I’m Going Your Way - As others have mentioned in this thread (I just can’t rememner who), the 2019 EP says this is alternate version, so perhaps there is a more final (faded or otherdubbed or with a final vocal) version in the vaults. The Brother Rarities set indicates a version with a running time of 1:53 exists; maybe this is a master because the 2019 “alternate vocal [(OD?)] take” runs to 2:36 including a session dialogue intro and breakdown at the end of the Take.
- Carnival (Over the Waves) - obviously the “master” was officially released almost a year ago, but it’s possible that there may also be some vocal WIP takes, complete and/or incomplete.
- Slip On Through - An early version was released on the EP, but there’s likely to be alternate takes from the final version. I believe the Sunflower ESQ said that the final master was re-recorded at a later session from this early EP version? Maybe Mark Linett and Alan Boyd have some alternate mixes that show Dennis’ guitar overdub on the master?
- San Miguel - At least the remix that Mark Linett already premiered in that 2-hour interview on YouTube.
- Cotton Fields (single version) - At least the remix that Mark Linett already premiered in that interview.
- possibly at least one of the songs Fred Vail and Brian cut for Cows in the Pasture.
-  Susie Cincinnati - original 1970 single mix according to the shelved Brother Rarities set. Aejitzsche and/or c-man have also discussed hearing the backing track for both versions recorded, of which the second was overdubbbed and became the master. At least 3 possible tracks there.
- Loop de Loop (Flip Flop Flyin’ In An Aeroplane) - original 1969/1970 version with Al’s falsetto (that he replaced in 1998 with a lower vocal) if he didn’t object to its release now.
- Take A Lead Off Your Feet - original mix
- Lady (Fallin’ In Love) - “previously unreleased stereo mix” mentioned on the Brother Rarities set, unless this was the version used for Summer Love Songs.
- Sound of Free - from the original masters, if it has been discovered since 2013.
- I Just Got My Pay - “original mix” from the Brother Rarities set.
- When Girls Get Together - original 1970 mix, plus the instrumental version slated for Reverberation
- Add Some Music To Your Day - with alternate lyrics and vocals from the Rarities set.
- This Whole World - long version with alternate vocals from the Rarities set. Maybe some vocal-only alternate takes/mixes? Maybe some of the original session that aejitzsche recreated the guitars from for us a few months ago. Supposedly full Eastern Airlines version.
- Tears in the Morning - alternate lyrics/vocals version from the Rarities set.
- Got to Know the Woman - at least maybe the mono mix slated for Reverberation. Maybe a new mix showing Dennis’ guitar overdub? Maybe a version including Doug Dragon’s organ that was removed?
- It’s About Time - maybe instrumental only mix or drums and percussion only mix?
- All I Wanna Do - possibilities are endless. At least Backing track and/or a cappella mixes.
- Forever - Again, possibilities endless. At least backing track and/or a cappella mixes. Maybe the original version before Mike’s vocals were added.
- Cool, Cool Water - possibilities are endless. Alternate a cappella and/or instrumental alternate mixes showing pre- and post-overdubs, the more organic and more water-synth versions. Coca-Cola version?
- Break Away - a cappella and/or instrumental. Maybe without the acoustics to show the dueling lead guitars?
- Celebrate the News - a cappella and/or instrumental.
- Back Home 1970 - alternate takes?
- My Solution
- Seasons in the Sun
- Soulful Old Man Sunshine - maybe more has been found?
- Games Two Can Play - original pre-Adult Child mix if one exists?
- Maybe the recordings from Dennis’ first solo album? Discussed elsewhere but I can’t find the full list at the moment, but I’ll look later and edit again.
- Barnyard Blues - Backing track? Supposedly there’s also a piano demo?
- Good Time - original mix.
- You Never Give Me Your Money - Piano jam after a Good Time take.
- Big Sur - 4/4 version.
- ‘Til I Die - piano demo plus alternate positive lyrics version. Vocals only?
- WIBNTLA - maybe backing track only?
- Don’t Go Near the Water - a cappella mix?
- Long Promised Road - alternate mixes? Maybe whatever started the basic track (Carl on acoustic guitar or keys?)
- Disney Girls - a cappella mix?
- Student Demonstration Time - Instrumental only? Maybe the master without the Moog siren and/or bullhorn vocal effects?
- Feel Flows - did someone say the master runs longer or did I just invent that? Regardless, instrumental only or a cappella mixes?
- Lookin’ At Tomorrow - The Rarities set mentions an original unphased mix. Maybe also some Al vocal/guitar basic track takes?
 - A Day in the Life of a Tree - Jack Reilly’s vocal only? LOL Maybe an instrumental only mix that switches to vocals-only in the coda?
- Surf’s Up - Vocals only from the Rarities set. Maybe the 1971 track?
- Ol’ Movie - from the Rarities set.
- Awake - “Brian demo” from the Rarities set.
- Fourth of July - “original mix” and “alternate version” from the Rarities set.
- Happy Birthday Brian - from the Rarities set.
- Hawaii Song - from the Rarities set.
- Won’t You Tell Me - written by Murry and Rick Henn. Brian and Carl duet. (If it still exists)
- Sail On, Sailor - Brian piano demo and/or “songwriting tape with Van Dyke.” Maybe a 1971 version with a Carl vocal if it (still) exists?
- Telephone Backgrounds (On A Clear Day) - Carl Moog demo(?) if I recall correctly
- I’ve Got A Friend - Backing track
- Maybe some recordings for CATP? I feel like that would be too late for this project and be a 1971/2021 CE release, but that’s just my opinion. I have NO inside sources or info.

Live?
Maybe the 1969 Paris show remixed and remastered by Mark Linett and Alan Boyd? Maybe Brian with the band standing in for Mike in February? Maybe a tape from the Whisky - apparently Bruce says he has one? Maybe the show where Ricky Fataar joined the backing band before joining as a full member? (though this would probably be better as a 2021 CE or part of a CATP release/box or an In Concert release/box)

EDIT: Apologies for how visually ugly this looks.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 03:19:36 PM by All Summer Long » Logged
Tom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: September 20, 2020, 04:07:09 PM »

Since Dennis seemed to be in the habit of recording piano/vocal demos in '68, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more of those to come. Also since the version of I'm Going Your Way released last year was labelled an 'alternative' take, I do wonder what the 'final' take would be. It can the the bootlegged one where it's single tracked, because the lyrics don't seem finalised there and overall he doesn't sing it as neatly.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: September 20, 2020, 05:31:30 PM »

To get this somewhat back on-topic, isn't it interesting to think about how much more fun and interesting and exciting it would be if, say, a set and track listing had been announced by now and we were having fun speculating about the contents of the set?

Could your source reveal any small details about track listing? E.g. I think it was Adam Marsland who, in the run up to Smile Sessions, revealed that Alan Boyd had let him know of a then unrevealed "woah" inclusion in that set. It turned out to be the Wild Honey era Surf's Up recording if I recall.

I would generally agree with Donny that I prefer threads to follow an organic path and flow freely into any related tangents, unless things go way off topic, rather than separating those out into  separate threads, but it looks like we might be in a minority. But if the function of this thread is just to keep the Feel Flows release on the agenda, until there is new news, what more can we do here than go round in circles with the same group of voices just saying we would like to see it released?

My own fan knowledge/scholarship tells me you could probably look at that old "Brother Rarities Proposed Bonus Tracks" set of discs from 2000 to get just an inkling of an idea of some of the stuff that could be on the set.

I'd wager we'd get one or more iteration of "This Whole World" including that extra long backing track on that "Brother Rarities" test disc. The demo and alternate of "'Til I Die" would seem likely. The alternate "Add Some Music To Your Day."

I know, these are all obvious.

I was going to say we should use that to create a bare minimum list/discussion of what could come out. And I plan to edit that into this post in a second. EDIT: See three posts down.

Thanks Joel!! Your article is also used as a source for this info on Wiki’s (main) BB article/page as well!!
Wow!!! There's a "further reading" mention in the Wikipedia article on the Surf's Up album as well.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 05:53:37 PM by Joel Goldenberg » Logged
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: September 20, 2020, 07:24:32 PM »

Thanks for that list, All Summer Long. Some combination of any of these would be incredible! I'll be gutted if this doesn't come out.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 07:26:15 PM by MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm » Logged
Cork On The Ocean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: September 22, 2020, 07:49:40 AM »

On Brian's FB post this morning of a picture of Smile tapes with the caption "SMiLE", Howie replied "FEEL FLOWS".
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1723 on: September 22, 2020, 08:56:36 AM »

I don't understand it. In the last few days there have been posts on the Facebook page with the usual archival video clips and photos, but also a promotion for an ESQ giveaway contest and now a post about Smile.

It feels like there is an elephant in the room, along with an entire zoo if not the entirety of Noah's ark. Seriously, promoting another sweepstakes giveaway and now a Smile post while the one topic buzzing around the fanbase doesn't seem to be on the radar?

I don't understand it. What else can fans do at this point? It feels like nothing, except enter another contest and post hashtags.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 08:58:00 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: September 22, 2020, 09:02:11 AM »

On Brian's FB post this morning of a picture of Smile tapes with the caption "SMiLE", Howie replied "FEEL FLOWS".

I don't understand it. In the last few days there have been posts on the Facebook page with the usual archival video clips and photos, but also a promotion for an ESQ giveaway contest and now a post about Smile.

It feels like there is an elephant in the room, along with an entire zoo if not the entirety of Noah's ark. Seriously, promoting another sweepstakes giveaway and now a Smile post while the one topic buzzing around the fanbase doesn't seem to be on the radar?

I don't understand it. What else can fans do at this point? It feels like nothing, except enter another contest and post hashtags.

Doesn't at all seem right at all. And I'm glad that we're all here still asking questions. Like we keep saying, this is the last major boxset this band will likely ever release, and there is silence all around.

Also, it appears that Howie's "FEEL FLOWS" comment is gone. Either they deleted it or he deleted it (at least, I can't find it).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 09:09:51 AM by rab2591 » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx