gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:19:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841927 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #800 on: July 29, 2020, 04:10:32 PM »

All in all, I feel bad for everyone who was anticipating it, and those who had worked so hard to bring it to the public. Only thing I can say is petition, petition, petition. Swamp the social media of each person (read:Mike) who might be standing in the way and make your voices heard. Only thing I can think of

That's what I've been saying too, we have a project which is complete, which has been ready, and someone or something is holding it up for who knows what reasons. Flood the involved parties with emails, messages, etc. Voices of consumers carry much more weight today than people realize. Money talks, and the people holding that money ready to spend get heard.

And consumers also know when they're being rooked.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 29, 2020, 04:15:58 PM »

What i really want to know is, which one of our board members payed $2 million for that Wu-Tang Clan cd?
Mr. Shkreli, please stand up  LOL LOL LOL

This is just the Beach Boys being the Beach Boys. In 2027, will they all be bickering over a Beach Boys Love You/M.I.U. box?
'I don't want that thing coming out, Brian sounds like $#it on those songs."
"Are you kidding? His falsetto is amazing on She's Got Rhythm".
"Well, i'm not letting this box come out unless the 30 minute disco mix of HCTN is included".
 angel
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 29, 2020, 04:16:55 PM »

Can the emails/addresses/etc that should be contacted please be posted?
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 29, 2020, 04:43:56 PM »

Only thing I can say is petition, petition, petition. Swamp the social media of each person (read:Mike) who might be standing in the way and make your voices heard.

And stress the positive when you post -- you want to convince them there's a market that truly wants this product.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #804 on: July 29, 2020, 04:56:13 PM »

Roger that

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #805 on: July 29, 2020, 04:58:14 PM »

Can the emails/addresses/etc that should be contacted please be posted?

Good idea...I’m looking into the information

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 29, 2020, 05:06:15 PM »

Do you think trying to message Al on Facebook would be appropriate?  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #807 on: July 29, 2020, 05:10:01 PM »

Maybe although if history holds true he likely isn’t the one vetoing it. I doubt Brian is too. Best to start with the social media accounts for the one who DOES have a history of this, the label, etc.  Too much hard work went into this to let it die.

And on a related note...thanks to everyone who tried/are trying to make this happen. I know it’s an uphill battle but grateful for all that you do

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 29, 2020, 05:31:02 PM »

Wonder what Bruce thinks since his boss (Mike) vetoed it...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #809 on: July 29, 2020, 05:55:36 PM »

I don’t think he really cares as 1) he’s not a voting member  and 2) he’s mentioned many times that this is only a job for him

Man, I promise the few F2S fans there are here ...there will NOT be this level of drama when we release our 20th anniversary boxed set next year 😆
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 05:57:53 PM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: July 29, 2020, 06:00:04 PM »

Thank you to Howie and Jon for your contributions. This band has the capacity to elicit many, many emotions.
Anger is generally reserved for one core member/recipient, the trumped up talisman from the Baldwin Hills.
I'd suggest the blockage sits in his lap.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 29, 2020, 06:03:41 PM »

I am guessing that Mike Love had a say in this project getting off the ground in the first place. So if the implication that he is vetoing it is true, what could have changed in the meantime that cannot be resolved? There must be some complications that we are not privy to.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 06:04:23 PM by Sam_BFC » Logged

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 29, 2020, 06:11:46 PM »

As I’ve said, this is The Beach Boys. Don’t hold your breath for an explanation that makes sense. 
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #813 on: July 29, 2020, 06:22:38 PM »

Thank you to Howie and Jon for your contributions. This band has the capacity to elicit many, many emotions.
Anger is generally reserved for one core member/recipient, the trumped up talisman from the Baldwin Hills.
I'd suggest the blockage sits in his lap.

If he has a blockage in his lap, some cranberry juice might be in order 😏

Seriously though you are 100% on the money

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #814 on: July 29, 2020, 06:23:31 PM »

As I’ve said, this is The Beach Boys. Don’t hold your breath for an explanation that makes sense. 

Sadly, that is very true

Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 29, 2020, 06:29:18 PM »

Well, if we take the Pet Sounds Sessions as an example, it might seem lame and petty to us that Mike had issues with the liner notes but from his perspective he had to defend his interests as he saw them. They reached a compromise in the end on that. I hope they can again if that is what is needed.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 29, 2020, 06:43:17 PM »

Let’s focus on the positives and see how we can proactively get this thing released in a timely manner. I run the Instagram profile https://instagram.com/thebeachboys66, and if someone creates an online petition for this set’s release, I will post a link to it on my feed for the approx. 3,400 followers I have to see!

Let’s get Capitol’s attention and get the ball rolling on this! Thank you Alan, Howie, Mark, and everyone else involved in this set.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 06:43:44 PM by GoodVibrations33 » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #817 on: July 29, 2020, 06:47:24 PM »

Great idea!!!

Dumb question...
How do you actually start a petition?

Yes...I know...I’m a music producer, I’ve worked in technical support for 16 years as well, and I’m clueless on this. 😆

MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 29, 2020, 06:53:57 PM »

Man, catching up on this thread. This is heartbreaking.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 29, 2020, 07:01:49 PM »

Pardon for not reading all the posts in this thread, but did Mike actually veto this or is this just speculation based on what has been talked about here?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #820 on: July 29, 2020, 07:08:34 PM »

Pardon for not reading all the posts in this thread, but did Mike actually veto this or is this just speculation based on what has been talked about here?

It's speculation, actually, nit it is based on the fact that it's already been greenlit by the label AND completed. Bruce isn't a voting member, so that eliminates him.  Al had shown enthusiasm for it publicly, so that eliminates him. So, that would narrow it down to Brian, Mike, or Carl's estate (whom I doubt would've vetoed).

That leaves two people.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 07:09:17 PM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

kennyhasbeenfound
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 29, 2020, 07:26:36 PM »

This was such a great time for everyone in the band.  Shame if someone is blocking it.  My gut tells me someone is jealous of DW content.

"Shut up you guys"- Carl Wilson.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #822 on: July 29, 2020, 07:32:38 PM »

This was such a great time for everyone in the band.  Shame if someone is blocking it.  My gut tells me someone is jealous of DW content.

I didn't even think about the Dennis aspect of it...good point

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 29, 2020, 07:37:58 PM »

I’d love to know the opinion of all the people who constantly defend Mike for everything. Is it worth not getting the box set?

I would love to know what the complaint was...perhaps ‘Student Demonstration Time’ didn’t get its own CD full of session takes and alternate versions? Or maybe he wanted to slather the “not great” autotune on every song? Actually, I wonder if he wrote the last three words in ‘A Day In The Life Of A Tree’ and is now demanding 1/3rd of the credit for the entire song.

This band is the personification of Yin and Yang: for every good thing that happens there is always an equally negative thing that has to follow it.

I was really hoping some Covid issue was holding his up in the hopes that a certain band member actually put his big-boy pants on and approved the set. But of course there was some stupid problem that completely fucks over the fans. And to those that think this is entitled: this is just how passionate we are about this beautiful music. So yeah, I’m just a meaningless fan whose already bought Sunflower for the third time, but yeah I wanna hear the vocals-only of ‘All I Wanna Do’ because I think it’s one of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard and I want to hear more of it.

The band owes me nothing, but they owe one another respect for the incredible body of work they created over the last 60 years.

*and I know the Mike thing is just speculation, but given the history I don’t doubt he’s the issue here.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 07:43:01 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
kennyhasbeenfound
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 29, 2020, 07:41:47 PM »

I’d love to know the opinion of all the people who constantly defend Mike for everything. Is it worth not getting the box set?

I would love to know what the complaint was...perhaps ‘Student Demonstration Time’ didn’t get its own CD full of session takes and alternate versions? Or maybe he wanted to slather the “not great” autotune on every song? Actually, I wonder if he wrote the last three words in ‘A Day In The Life Of A Tree’ and is now demanding 1/3rd of the credit for the entire song.

This band is the personification of Yin and Yang: for every good thing that happens there is always an equally negative thing that has to follow it.

I was really hoping some Covid issue was holding his up in the hopes that a certain band member actually put his big-boy pants on and approved the set. But of course there was some stupid problem that completely fucks over the fans. And to those that think this is entitled: this is just how passionate we are about this beautiful music. So yeah, I’m just a meaningless fan whose already bought Sunflower for the third time, but yeah I wanna hear the vocals-only of ‘All I Wanna Do’ because I think it’s one of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard and I want to hear more of it.

Well said, brother.  BTW I love your avatar pic and quote.

The band owes me nothing, but they owe one another respect for the incredible body of work they created over the last 60 years.

"Shut up you guys"- Carl Wilson.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx