gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:58:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 842169 times)
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 10, 2020, 06:47:22 AM »

So, who said march for this release? Do we even know if this project exists?

No one who would know, and yes.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: April 16, 2020, 11:33:18 PM »

So, who said march for this release? Do we even know if this project exists?

Why would it have ever been put out in March in the first place?  There has been no official press release of it yet. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
William Bowe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 17, 2020, 12:43:14 AM »

This video just posted on Brian's YouTube account in which he talks (none too interestingly, it must be said) about Feel Flows (the song) seems like a good sign, no?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8v3VVgqtOA&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2dXhuByqALAg7dIiVGwc7sZOjV0mJP_jHhyolqPSH874y4P4gwzpob3tA
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: April 17, 2020, 01:43:31 AM »

This video just posted on Brian's YouTube account in which he talks (none too interestingly, it must be said) about Feel Flows (the song) seems like a good sign, no?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8v3VVgqtOA&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2dXhuByqALAg7dIiVGwc7sZOjV0mJP_jHhyolqPSH874y4P4gwzpob3tA

Not really. It's from the "Warmth of the sun"-podcast from around 2006.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
William Bowe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 17, 2020, 04:03:53 AM »

So why post it on YouTube at this particular time?
SBonilla
« Reply #505 on: April 17, 2020, 07:34:48 AM »

If I were UMG, I'd bump the release to Christmas.
Gettin Hungry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 17, 2020, 09:49:12 AM »

They've been posting snippets of Brian Wilson interviews about specific songs for the last two weeks. They've been all over the place in terms of timeline, early 1960s to 1970s. I wouldn't read too much into it. It's just the content machine churning out material for clicks.
The Nearest Faraway Place
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 17, 2020, 07:30:09 PM »

If I were UMG, I'd bump the release to Christmas.
Fall.
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #508 on: April 18, 2020, 03:54:42 AM »

They've been posting snippets of Brian Wilson interviews about specific songs for the last two weeks. They've been all over the place in terms of timeline, early 1960s to 1970s. I wouldn't read too much into it. It's just the content machine churning out material for clicks.

Aren't they just from that Warmth of The Sun comp tie in podcast from 2007?

thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 01, 2020, 03:49:40 PM »

Any news on the status of this? it would really brighten up the lockdown.

Also wondering if with rumors of a 60th anniversary reunion of sorts, maybe a new compilation might come out, maybe with one or two archival tracks from late seventies. That'd be nice.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: May 02, 2020, 11:47:46 AM »

If it did have a release date it's most likely been postponed

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 02, 2020, 11:59:43 AM »

Any news on the status of this? it would really brighten up the lockdown.

Also wondering if with rumors of a 60th anniversary reunion of sorts, maybe a new compilation might come out, maybe with one or two archival tracks from late seventies. That'd be nice.

Fall
Also, probably expect the copyright extensions to continue every year
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 04, 2020, 03:06:03 PM »

The sooner the better I say! 
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 05, 2020, 07:55:41 AM »

The sooner the better I say! 
It’s fall.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 05, 2020, 11:06:25 AM »

I’m not sure why no one wants to believe me, so I’m gonna go ahead and say it again. The set Will not come out any later than this fall. It could come out earlier, but there’s no chance of it being delayed until next year. i’ll give you three reasons why
1. Mark has said on a live stream that it’s already being scheduleed for this fall.
2. Any material from 1970 will no longer be owned by December 31 of this year. So basically, for this project to be completely copyrighted by BRI, all the material has to be released by December 31 of this year.
3. It won’t be released in the next couple months, mainly for obvious reasons.

So it will be released later this year. most likely in the fall.
If I were to make some predictions on what the date could be, here are my predictions:
August 28: to coincide with the 50th anniversary of SunFlower

November 20: this is the date back in 2015 that they chose to release the BB Party set
November 27: record store day
December 11: if it’s an online only copyright extension.
Obviously it’s possible that it could come out literally any day, but these are just my opinions on what is the most likely based on the past.
But don’t expect it within the next couple months. modern artists are delaying their albums because of the pandemic, because they’re worried about low album sales. These sets are not exactly Best sellers, but don’t expect their label to try to alienate customers who can’t go and buy it. They want the most amount of people who can buy it to buy it
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 05, 2020, 11:47:11 AM »

I’m not sure why no one wants to believe me, so I’m gonna go ahead and say it again. The set Will not come out any later than this fall. It could come out earlier, but there’s no chance of it being delayed until next year. i’ll give you three reasons why
1. Mark has said on a live stream that it’s already being scheduleed for this fall.
2. Any material from 1970 will no longer be owned by December 31 of this year. So basically, for this project to be completely copyrighted by BRI, all the material has to be released by December 31 of this year.

If I were to make some predictions on what the date could be, here are my predictions:

November 20: this is the date back in 2015 that they chose to release the BB Party set
Obviously it’s possible that it could come out literally any day, but these are just my opinions on what is the most likely based on the past.
But don’t expect it within the next couple months. modern artists are delaying their albums because of the pandemic, because they’re worried about low album sales. These sets are not exactly Best sellers, but don’t expect their label to try to alienate customers who can’t go and buy it. They want the most amount of people who can buy it to buy it

Very late August seems like a VERY good guess, not only because it's the actual anniversary date, but because it's still technically (barely) during the summer, which makes it more of a Beach Boys "thing", and also it's as far as they can push the release out away from the timeline epicenter of the Coronavirus and have it still be a summer BBs release. I would tend to think it's too perfect a date for these multiple reasons for it to be released any other time in 2020 but then. 
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #516 on: May 05, 2020, 12:26:11 PM »

I never disagreed with any of this.  I haven't the faintest why so many people seem to think this thing is just going to magically pop up in the immediate future.  There has been no official announcement or press release for it yet; we only have Jardine's and Linett's word to go by. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 05, 2020, 01:11:18 PM »

I can see some digital teasers before fall but that's just my opinion. 
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 05, 2020, 01:27:39 PM »

I see this coming around Aug/Sep, being close to the actual anniversary date.

My next question would be, do people see this being followed by "less releasable" tracks, plus completists live recordings via digital releases in Dec?

I'm thinking along the lines of 2017s "Sunshine Tomorrow" (physical release), followed by "Sunshine Tomorrow 2" and "Live Sunshine".
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 05, 2020, 01:44:12 PM »

I see this coming around Aug/Sep, being close to the actual anniversary date.

My next question would be, do people see this being followed by "less releasable" tracks, plus completists live recordings via digital releases in Dec?

I'm thinking along the lines of 2017s "Sunshine Tomorrow" (physical release), followed by "Sunshine Tomorrow 2" and "Live Sunshine".
They could do that. That’s the most likely.
Or, they could do what they did back in 2011 with the Smile Sessions, where there is a 2 disk set with all the remixes and bonuses, then a 4 or 5 disk set with tons of live performances, studio outtakes, etc.
Personally, I am more inclined to think that your suggestion is probably going to be what happens. Around August or September, we get the actual box set, and then we get the digital only exclusives in December.
It’s all really confusing, especially with the pandemic, and the fact that I have no idea how they’re going to handle vinyl, seeing as the vinyl community is kind of in disarray at the moment.
Also, this kind of goes without saying, but I highly doubt that the official title is going to be Feel Flows.
If they choose a song title from either of these albums, it’s probably going to be more along the lines of Add Some Music to Your Day. Or, I had a kind of cool idea. They could call it Long Promised Road, just like the upcoming documentary, and kind of tie the two in together.
Or they could take the boring route, and literally just call the thing Sunflower and Surf's Up (Deluxe edition)
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 22, 2020, 03:09:32 PM »

I just had a thought that an apt title would be "Columnated Ruins Domino"  Tongue

More seriously, what about "Good with the Soul" - what do you think?
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: May 22, 2020, 06:23:00 PM »

I just had a thought that an apt title would be "Columnated Ruins Domino"  Tongue

Isn't the line "Good for my soul"?  I'll admit, though, that I can't remember which song it's even from - all I can think of at the moment is, "You've got so much soul, you blow my mind!" from "Got To Know The Woman".
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 22, 2020, 08:46:30 PM »

Isn't the line "Good for my soul"?  I'll admit, though, that I can't remember which song it's even from - all I can think of at the moment is, "You've got so much soul, you blow my mind!" from "Got To Know The Woman".
The Sunday morning gospel is good for the soul 
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 22, 2020, 09:39:43 PM »

The Sunday morning gospel goes good with the soul . . .
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 22, 2020, 10:32:38 PM »

Those last two days were good for my soul ...

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx