gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:11:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 841624 times)
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2019, 10:20:24 AM »

Is today the day?

Why would it be?

Historical data:

Last year's 1968 releases were announced and dropped on December 7th/8th.

"Sunshine Tomorrow 2" and the live '67 digital releases hit on December 8th, 2017.

The '66 live stuff - December 9, 2016.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2019, 10:30:16 AM »

My stomach is churning with anticipation. That, or more stones! Either way something big is about to happen LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2019, 10:42:59 AM »

OMG!
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2019, 04:28:49 AM »

Is today the day?

Why would it be?

Historical data:

Last year's 1968 releases were announced and dropped on December 7th/8th.

"Sunshine Tomorrow 2" and the live '67 digital releases hit on December 8th, 2017.

The '66 live stuff - December 9, 2016.

It will be a Friday - since 2015 everything gets released on a Friday. (of course, New Zealand gets Friday before Europe or the US so most of us would know about it on the Thursday)

Rebel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2019, 04:24:23 AM »

UPDATE:

According to Reddit.

Digital stuff comes out this Friday.

And Bruce confirmed to a fan that the box set (physical!) is arriving February 2020

I’m in mobile so I can’t copy and paste but that’s the meat of it.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2019, 04:59:29 AM »

UPDATE:

According to Reddit.

Digital stuff comes out this Friday.

And Bruce confirmed to a fan that the box set (physical!) is arriving February 2020

I’m in mobile so I can’t copy and paste but that’s the meat of it.

Here's the link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/thebeachboys/comments/e8aogh/heres_what_we_know_about_the_sunflower_sessions/

Thanks to u/BlameTheDutch25 (Note: this is our member jiggy22) for clearly summing up what we’re expecting:

A set of material recorded in 1969, but not necessarily associated with the Sunflower album (stuff like Break Away, Celebrate the News, 'Til I Die Demo, Soulful Old Man Sunshine, etc.), will be coming out most likely this Friday, December 13th (digital streaming only).

At a November 17th show in Morro Bay, Al said they’re working on a box set with material from Sunflower and Surf’s Up (with “Feel Flows” as the working title). Bruce Johnston told u/HellaciousMedic at a recent BB show that a box set will come out in February 2020.

Obviously nothing is certain, this is just the best info we have so far. We do know legally we will be getting something soon so keep an eye out!
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2019, 05:43:01 AM »

The real new info comes from Bruce, the rest is (likely correct) speculation

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2019, 07:32:13 AM »

(Very likely) digital release in December
BW concert in January
Physical boxset in February

It's like 3 months of Christmas for me Cheesy

This is such great news about both sets. If there was any other era outside of PS and SMiLE that deserves a boxset it's Sunflower/Surf's Up. Cannot wait for this.

Thanks for the update, rebel! A Bruce confirmation is great.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2019, 08:08:24 AM »

Wow...this is awesome to hear, er, read!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2019, 09:08:51 AM »

Wow...this is awesome to hear, er, read!

!!!!!

Celebrate the News has pretty much the best outro/tag in the history of this band. At least for non-Brian material. It's certainly the most rocking. I dare anyone to listen to that outro at full volume and not move/headbang to the beat. I double dare ya.

Crossing my fingers we get some cool alternate versions of that song and a fresh mix.

Also, San Miguel needs a fresh mix in the worst way.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2019, 11:48:55 AM »

I can't wait for this! We're coming up to possibly my favorite Beach Boys era(the 1969 era tracks, and going into Sunflower followed by Surf's Up).

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
DennysDrums83
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2019, 01:32:48 PM »

I know it's still a few years away, but I would love to get a "In Concert" box set with a bunch of unreleased live tracks from 72-73 including "River Song", "Here She Comes", "Surf's Up", and "You Need A Mess Of Help To Stand Alone".
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2019, 04:40:19 PM »

This Friday and not even an announcement

Bizzare

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2019, 04:46:43 PM »

Bizzare
There was no official announcement from, say, Beach Boys social media accounts and the official site, prior to the release of last year's copyright set either.

That said, it's concerning that there has been little info on the release shared beforehand from Alan and Mark unlike last year. Probably they're too busy working on the box set though.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2019, 05:04:37 PM »

Bizzare
There was no official announcement from, say, Beach Boys social media accounts and the official site, prior to the release of last year's copyright set either.

That said, it's concerning that there has been little info on the release shared beforehand from Alan and Mark unlike last year. Probably they're too busy working on the box set though.

It has always blown my mind the complete lack of marketing for these projects - I mean, how much effort does it take to post one little blurb about a new set that you can buy on iTunes? Brian's Facebook, The Beach Boys Twitter account, etc etc...even just a handful of people becoming aware and buying the set due to social media marketing would make the 10 seconds it takes to post a message worth it.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2019, 05:06:25 PM »

Bizzare

It has always blown my mind the complete lack of marketing for these projects - I mean, how much effort does it take to post one little blurb about a new set that you can buy on iTunes? Brian's Facebook, The Beach Boys Twitter account, etc etc...even just a handful of people becoming aware and buying the set due to social media marketing would make the 10 seconds it takes to post a message worth it.
Absolutely. These invaluable works deserve much more respect from the record company and recognition from public.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 05:07:00 PM by Wata » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2019, 05:58:54 PM »

True, but as long I can buy it, I'm happy

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2019, 06:36:49 PM »

I'll definitely be happy when this thing drops. But I'm reminded of my own weird Beach Boys journey, where marketing 'Don't Worry Baby' in a movie is the reason I immersed myself deeply into The Beach Boys catalogue. From my perspective, you never know what odd marketing (no matter how small the effort) will affect what people hear this music and get involved in the community.

But I totally agree with ya, I'll be happy as long as I can buy/listen to it.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2019, 07:10:49 PM »

I'll definitely be happy when this thing drops. But I'm reminded of my own weird Beach Boys journey, where marketing 'Don't Worry Baby' in a movie is the reason I immersed myself deeply into The Beach Boys catalogue. From my perspective, you never know what odd marketing (no matter how small the effort) will affect what people hear this music and get involved in the community.

Ain't that the truth. I owe my fandom of this band to Cameron Crowe, due to the BBs infomercial he squeezed into his film "almost famous"
slothrop
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2019, 12:46:35 AM »

Bizzare

Seriously. It’s probably the easiest and cheapest way to promote this stuff, especially if there’s digital only components or timed releases.

Brian’s Instagram did post a clip of him talking about Cool, Cool Water a couple days ago. Doesn’t mention any possibly upcoming release but it is like a little hint in a way, if you’re already thinking of it. Nice clip either way, he can’t remember the name of either a mellotron/Moog but he sounds real interested and in a good mood.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:47:51 AM by slothrop » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2019, 06:08:17 AM »

Ain't that the truth. I owe my fandom of this band to Cameron Crowe, due to the BBs infomercial he squeezed into his film "almost famous"

I absolutely love that movie, and the inclusion of Feel Flows is icing on the cake. The movie that got me back into The Beach Boys in a serious way was 'De Ja Vu' - it's definitely not on 'Almost Famous' levels, but it just goes to show that no matter how odd the context of the marketing of this music, it can still resonate with people. That was 10+ years ago, and had I never seen that film I know my life would be completely different right now.
________

Thanks Slothrop for the heads up on the instagram post! I would say that isn't a coincidence. Hopefully we get more of those leading up to February! I could listen to Brian explain music all day and never get tired of it.

Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2019, 08:49:50 AM »

Friday.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2019, 10:33:31 AM »

That Instagram post is very interesting. Is it a new clip of him, or an older one that they just decided to use? The harmony part he sang was pretty nice.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2019, 12:16:55 PM »

Friday.

or tomorrow (Thursday - US time zones) in New Zealand and Australia!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:17:39 PM by TonyW » Logged
slothrop
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2019, 01:47:29 PM »

That Instagram post is very interesting. Is it a new clip of him, or an older one that they just decided to use? The harmony part he sang was pretty nice.

Not sure but they don’t put a lot of references to Sunflower on his Instagram, so maybe (hopefully) it’s part of new interviews done for promotion of this period.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx