gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680719 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 04:53:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 843836 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: December 19, 2020, 11:13:50 PM »

Over at the EH forum, titles of approximately 100 tracks from the set were discovered using the ISRC code. Some amazing titles!

I’m sure if given a credit for his/her hard work and patience sorting through the titles it wouldn’t be a problem posting here.

Nice job hidlive! 👍👏

(mods..delete if required)

hidlive posted

WARNING: BIG WALL OF TEXT

Hey guess what? Found some cool titles on a copyright site!

If you go to repsearch.ppluk.com/ and search up The Beach Boys, you'll find over 100 tracks listed with 2020 dates! And they have time lengths attatched!!! Here's the full list, in order of ISRC prefix:

Cotton Fields (The Cotton Song) [3:14]
It’s About Time [0:50]
San Miguel [2:34]
Good Time [2:56]
Carnival (Over The Waves) / Sobra Las Olas [1:34]
Susie Cincinnati [3:02]
I Just Got My Pay [2:43]
Soulful Old Man Sunshine [3:14]
I’m Goin’ Your Way [2:24]
This Whole World [1:41]
Add Some Music To Your Day [3:27]
Our Sweet Love [1:00]
Slip On Through [3:25]
This Whole World [3:11]
Add Some Music To Your Day [4:35]
Add Some Music To Your Day [3:30]
Got To Know The Woman [2:55]
Deirdre [3:35]
It’s About Time [2:53]
Tears In The Morning [4:13]
All I Wanna Do [3:46]
All I Wanna Do [2:58]
Forever [2:59]
Forever [2:52]
Our Sweet Love [2:39]
At My Window [2:51]
Cool, Cool Water [6:26]
Loop De Loop (Flip Flop Flyin’ In An Aeroplane) [2:49]
San Miguel [2:59]
Good Time [4:27]
When Girls Get Together [1:51]
Susie Cincinnati [3:04]
Back Home [2:23]
Sunflower Promo [1:00]
This Whole World [1:05]
Big Sur [2:36]
(Wouldn’t It Be Nice To) Live Again [6:53]
Seasons In The Sun [3:30]
Old Movie (Cuddle Up) [3:38]
Sound Of Free [2:22]
My Solution [3:44]
H.E.L.P. Is On The Way [2:31]
Surf’s Up Promo [1:02]
Don’t Go Near The Water [2:42]
Long Promised Road [3:40]
A Day In The Life Of A Tree [0:35]
Good Time [0:19]
Don’t Go Near The Water [3:41]
Long Promised Road [4:16]
Take A Load Off Your Feet [2:29]
Disney Girls (1957) [4:17]
Student Demonstration Time [3:46]
Feel Flows [5:02]
Lookin’ At Tomorrow (A Welfare Song) [2:43]
A Day In The Life Of A Tree [2:54]
‘Til I Die [1:56]
‘Til I Die [2:36]
’Til I Die [4:47]
Surf’s Up, Pt. 1 [1:41]
Surf’s Up [4:08]
Surf’s Up [4:05]
Sweet And Bitter [2:33]
Won’t You Tell Me [2:01]
Won’t You Tell Me [2:54]
Settle Down (Sound Of Free) [2:17]
Medley: All Of My Love / Ecology [5:06]
Before [2:26]
You Never Give Me Your Money [0:40]
Hawaiian Dream [4:34]
Medley: Happy Birthday, Brian / God Only Knows [2:47]
I’ve Got A Friend [2:28]
Feel Flows [0:35]
Disney Girls [0:36]
Cotton Fields (The Cotton Song) [2:46]
Riot In Cell Block #9 [3:31]
Add Some Music To Your Day [3:22]
Take A Load Off Your Feet [2:26]
It’s About Time [4:24]
Susie Cincinnati [2:42]
Back Home [3:29]
Student Demonstration Time [4:44]
Cotton Fields (The Cotton Song) [2:44]
Celebrate The News [2:34]
It’s Natural [2:35]
Awake [3:44]
Walkin’ [2:44]
San Miguel [1:00]
Baby Baby ;3:15]
My Solution [3:43
Marcella [3:29]
‘Til I Die [2:11]
Sunflower Promo [1:02]
You Need A Mess Of Help To Stand Alone [3:35]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 11:19:04 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: December 19, 2020, 11:45:39 PM »

Wow! I would expect more too, as that certainly isn’t 5CDs worth, or even4CDs including the two main albums on 1CD.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: December 20, 2020, 12:42:03 AM »

More than heard here (64 titles).

https://youtu.be/_KZcSn-Ybjw
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 12:46:09 AM by bsten » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: December 20, 2020, 12:52:14 AM »

I always thought that "Baby Baby" wasn't recorded. I hope one day to hear the studio version of "I've Got A Friend".

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2754 on: December 20, 2020, 02:53:19 AM »

I always thought that "Baby Baby" wasn't recorded. I hope one day to hear the studio version of "I've Got A Friend".

That would be a long time dream for a lot of people (me included). But if nothing new has been found, the studio version is without vocals.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: December 20, 2020, 07:57:34 AM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:56:53 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2756 on: December 20, 2020, 08:58:09 AM »

BTW, for what it's worth, at least ONE sample is still online -- the entry was removed from AllMusic, but the clips must still be online: https://rovimusic.rovicorp.com/playback.mp3?c=lC9pxyb9Lf858OXBxCItTlWnbEN5fCjifro6xhIBuB4%3D&f=I

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: December 20, 2020, 11:58:22 AM »

I could easily be missing something, but I'm not seeing anything here that is known to be (or could be construed to be) Dennis's HUBBA HUBBA material. Is it possible that they are waiting 'til 2021 to post the ultra-rare stuff?
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: December 20, 2020, 12:44:14 PM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:56:45 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2759 on: December 20, 2020, 01:10:01 PM »

"It's a New Day" is from the Holland era, so I doubt it'd be considered for the box.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: December 20, 2020, 01:16:24 PM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:56:37 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2761 on: December 20, 2020, 01:46:21 PM »

That would be a long time dream for a lot of people (me included). But if nothing new has been found, the studio version is without vocals.

Alan Boyd's mention of the track many years ago described Dennis' vocal on Baby Baby. I've Got a Friend is apparently still just the backing track.

Yeah, I forgot to delete the "Baby, baby" part in the quote. I was only talking about "I've got a Friend". Sorry for any confusion.

"It's a New Day" is from the Holland era, so I doubt it'd be considered for the box.

It isn't. July 1971, Blondie's vocal added slightly later.

I believe you are thinking of "Hard Times", 37!ws.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2762 on: December 20, 2020, 02:34:17 PM »

No, I was definitely thinking of "It's a New Day," BECAUSE OF Blondie's vocal. Just didn't know that part of it is from '71.

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2763 on: December 21, 2020, 06:27:19 AM »

Do we know for sure when Blondie's vocal was added to "It's A New Day"? While true he wasn't an official Beach Boy until early '72, and the track was cut in the summer of '71, isn't it possible Dennis hired him to sing it anyway, since it was being pitched as a commercial jingle?
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: December 21, 2020, 06:39:39 AM »

Do we know for sure when Blondie's vocal was added to "It's A New Day"? While true he wasn't an official Beach Boy until early '72, and the track was cut in the summer of '71, isn't it possible Dennis hired him to sing it anyway, since it was being pitched as a commercial jingle?

Were the Flame in the US around then and is it known when they were recording their second LP with Carl? I'm wobbly on my Flame timeline.

Howie said on here once that Blondie told him his 'audition' BB recording was playing bass on Student Demonstration Time (is there a session tape to verify that?), which could set a precedent for doing other studio things before joining the group.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2765 on: December 21, 2020, 06:43:28 AM »

Were the Flame in the US around then and is it known when they were recording their second LP with Carl? I'm wobbly on my Flame timeline.

Howie said on here once that Blondie told him his 'audition' BB recording was playing bass on Student Demonstration Time (is there a session tape to verify that?), which could set a precedent for doing other studio things before joining the group.

I believe The Flame moved to the U.S. sometime in '69, and their first LP was released in 1970. "SDT" was cut in December of '70, I believe (no, I've never heard that session tape). Blondie moved back to South Africa for a few months after the breakup of The Flame, so probably late '71-early '72. Timeline-wise, he definitely could have recorded the vocal for "It's A New Day" when it was tracked or shortly thereafter.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2766 on: December 21, 2020, 08:41:09 AM »

No, I was definitely thinking of "It's a New Day," BECAUSE OF Blondie's vocal. Just didn't know that part of it is from '71.

My bad! I alway mix them up when talking about them.

- Jack Rieley
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: December 21, 2020, 09:43:26 AM »

Just want to say I'm dying to hear a clean version of Won't You Tell Me. For all of Murray's faults, he was a darn good songwriter.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: December 21, 2020, 11:22:47 AM »

Can I suggest to those marketing this boxset to actually come out and make an announcement. If it is left until next year it is likely to be swamped by this...The Beatles ‘Get Back’ movie and inevitable soundtrack.

Sneak peak released yesterday. It’s going to be BIG!

https://youtu.be/UocEGvQ10OE
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: December 21, 2020, 01:11:14 PM »

Can I suggest to those marketing this boxset to actually come out and make an announcement. If it is left until next year it is likely to be swamped by this...The Beatles ‘Get Back’ movie and inevitable soundtrack.

LOL Like an announcement now will matter if Feel Flows is coming out in say May.  I am sure they want to wait until the magazine covers and interviews are ready, as well as other promotional things going on at once.  You just want an announcement because you can't wait for news! Cheesy And I wouldn't disagree with you - what harm can an announcement bring now?  But we already have had an announcement - Howie says it's coming out soon.  Yes, Get Back will be huge.  But what's the alternative - release it a year later?  What if they release Rubber Soul and Revolver boxsets (which are likely coming soon thereafter)?  The BB will be fine.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: December 21, 2020, 03:35:18 PM »

LOL Like an announcement now will matter if Feel Flows is coming out in say May.  I am sure they want to wait until the magazine covers and interviews are ready, as well as other promotional things going on at once.  You just want an announcement because you can't wait for news! Cheesy And I wouldn't disagree with you - what harm can an announcement bring now?  But we already have had an announcement - Howie says it's coming out soon.  Yes, Get Back will be huge.  But what's the alternative - release it a year later?  What if they release Rubber Soul and Revolver boxsets (which are likely coming soon thereafter)?  The BB will be fine.

Speaking of which, look what will be coming out for those who dig the Beatles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

Not sure if the Beach Boys were ever recorded like this, would've been interesting to see. No question that the Beatles were quite the personalities compared to the Beach Boys though  Roll Eyes
Phlip
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: December 21, 2020, 04:49:40 PM »

Just want to say I'm dying to hear a clean version of Won't You Tell Me. For all of Murray's faults, he was a darn good songwriter.

My impression hearing the Brian & Carl version of "Won't You Tell Me" (with Rick Henn's lead vocal erased) is that those are two uninspired guys who have absolutely no interest in recording that song. Doing it as as favor to Murry sounds like the most logical circumstance.

Of course that was just after the Beach Boys finished recording the Surf's Up album and did Good Vibrations from Central Park, and so WYTM almost feels like it's from another time and place.

In fact, with Dennis Wilson co-producing the track at about the same time he recorded "Wouldn't It Be Nice to Live Again," WYTM actually might have fit better on a 1971-72 Dennis Wilson album (if it had happened).   

So given the end result, the Rick Henn lead is the definitive version as far as I'm concerned. 

It is kind of interesting, though, that the Beach Boys were apparently at least somewhat open to recording songs whose origin was from outside the group, with two Don Goldberg songs ("Sweet and Bitter" & "In the Country") and a Rick Henn song ("Won't You Tell Me") at least attempted (to one extent or another) by the Beach Boys around that time. Perhaps that made it easier for all of them to accept the idea of Blondie & Ricky contributing songs to C&TP and becoming members of the band.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: December 22, 2020, 02:24:52 AM »

Speaking of which, look what will be coming out for those who dig the Beatles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

Not sure if the Beach Boys were ever recorded like this, would've been interesting to see. No question that the Beatles were quite the personalities compared to the Beach Boys though  Roll Eyes

Should be a fun film.  Looking forward to it.  You know, the coolest personality of 'em all was George Martin.  There he is in those clips, riding out peak hippie in Brylcreem & shirt-and-tie, making no effort to be anyone other than George Martin.
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: December 22, 2020, 03:20:41 AM »

It is kind of interesting, though, that the Beach Boys were apparently at least somewhat open to recording songs whose origin was from outside the group, with two Don Goldberg songs ("Sweet and Bitter" & "In the Country") and a Rick Henn song ("Won't You Tell Me") at least attempted (to one extent or another) by the Beach Boys around that time. Perhaps that made it easier for all of them to accept the idea of Blondie & Ricky contributing songs to C&TP and becoming members of the band.

I'd add Seasons in the Sun to that category, they even let Terry Jacks produce it!

Not disagreeing with anything you said, just worth noting that Out in the Country is primarily a Brian song, so it's a little different to those others.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: December 22, 2020, 06:49:31 AM »

I'd add Seasons in the Sun to that category, they even let Terry Jacks produce it!

Not disagreeing with anything you said, just worth noting that Out in the Country is primarily a Brian song, so it's a little different to those others.

And soulful Old Man Shunshine where Rick produced and co-wrote.  My impression is that they were desperate for a hit to rejuvenate their career - this is when they were playing to half empty music venues - and were more than willing to give outside producers and writers a shot.  If the Terry Jacks version of Seasons in the Sun was a hit, I suspect the Beach Boys version would have been a hit as well, although perhaps released under a pseudonym.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx