gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:49:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows box set  (Read 844731 times)
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: October 28, 2020, 11:45:12 AM »

Overjoyed to hear that there is some good progress! Big musical blessing here folks to lap up. Thanks to Howie and all involved - you've done a sublimely good thing here pushing things along (edited).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 11:47:07 AM by PetSmile » Logged

"Join the young and often spring you gave" - Surf's Up (BW/VDP)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2301 on: October 28, 2020, 12:04:16 PM »

Great to hear this! All the best for the coming work, Howie!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: October 28, 2020, 12:06:15 PM »

Things are good. It's moving forward.

Oh wow ..

Finally some good news this year  Grin Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2303 on: October 28, 2020, 12:19:44 PM »

A huge extra repeated thanks is owed to Howie and the team of folks behind the scenes (Boyd, Linett, etc.) who do more to make this stuff happen than you'll ever know.

And I think the fans who have kept the discussion going on this and kept it on the public/internet radar should also offer themselves and each other a thanks as well. It truly *has* made a difference. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. I know we'll all stay vigilant/cautiously optimistic, etc. as things move forward. We all know with the BBs that we're never fully out of the woods until the product is out there in our figurative if not literal hands. But this latest news is good. I'm glad folks know that things are moving forward now.

The behind the scenes stories are interesting, and always ongoing, and there will be plenty of time in the future to ruminate on all of that. Right now, let's get this material in our ear holes....

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2304 on: October 28, 2020, 01:16:02 PM »

I think its clear what has happened. Mark McGrath convinced Mike to stop blocking the set backstage at the drive-in shows. God Bless You Mark McGrath. To thank him we should all go out and buy the latest album by Sugar Ray, their 2019 masterpiece Lil' Yachty

thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: October 28, 2020, 01:58:45 PM »

A huge extra repeated thanks is owed to Howie and the team of folks behind the scenes (Boyd, Linett, etc.) who do more to make this stuff happen than you'll ever know.

And I think the fans who have kept the discussion going on this and kept it on the public/internet radar should also offer themselves and each other a thanks as well. It truly *has* made a difference. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. I know we'll all stay vigilant/cautiously optimistic, etc. as things move forward. We all know with the BBs that we're never fully out of the woods until the product is out there in our figurative if not literal hands. But this latest news is good. I'm glad folks know that things are moving forward now.

The behind the scenes stories are interesting, and always ongoing, and there will be plenty of time in the future to ruminate on all of that. Right now, let's get this material in our ear holes....

This week my city comes out of a 4 month lockdown, and now this!

Thanks to all who worked on making this happen, especially Howie, Mark & Alan.

Now if my wandering brain calculates it correctly, we should have a track list by late November. A digital preview for My Solution by the weekend probably won't happen, but might have been a nice Halloween touch.

mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: October 28, 2020, 03:40:57 PM »

Great news, thanks Howie!!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: October 28, 2020, 05:09:30 PM »

Good news! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: October 28, 2020, 09:11:20 PM »

Thank you for the good news Howie. It is greatly appreciated.
Mr. Wilson Joliet
« Reply #2309 on: October 28, 2020, 10:20:03 PM »

[Deleted by user]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 03:17:18 PM by Mr. Wilson Joliet » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: October 29, 2020, 01:39:30 AM »

The Killer, Jerry Lee Lewis said to Mike ‘I want that Feel Flows set released....Ole Jerry Lee doesn’t have another 85 years left in em son.’  Old Man
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 01:43:06 AM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: October 29, 2020, 03:24:18 AM »

Do we know if a 2020 physical release off the table yet, or still a possibility?

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
twentytwenty
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: October 29, 2020, 11:20:59 AM »

YES!!! Can't wait!
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: October 29, 2020, 06:23:24 PM »

Jaw... dropped. Thank you, Howie!!

mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: October 30, 2020, 08:06:52 AM »

I know Dennis’ material has been a focus of discussions here, but, considering the set is called Feel Flows, I’m hoping there’s a bunch of Carl stuff that’s previously unknown on this set.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: October 30, 2020, 08:27:04 AM »

I'm with you, mtaber!
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: October 30, 2020, 08:34:55 AM »

Supposedly these new titles have been reported

Okie From Muskogee
Riot In Cell Block #9 (Live/1970)

And most interestingly....

Surf's Up (Brother Records Version)

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: October 30, 2020, 08:42:24 AM »

Great stuff!!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2318 on: October 30, 2020, 09:54:33 AM »

Considering none of the tracks up on YouTube are actually from the "Feel Flows" set, I'm not sure how much of a corollary one can draw between those songs being pulled and the actual content of the "Feel Flows" set. It may correlate to the set existing (and even then I'm not sure), but it doesn't correlate to the specific content as far as I can tell.

Most of the notations on those YouTube tracks are essentially meaningless. It's usually people just ripping stuff from a CD, or at best re-EQ'ing something and calling it a "New 2019 Mix."

"Surf's Up (Brother Records Version)"? I mean, even if "Feel Flows" has ten alternate versions of the song, none of them would likely be given the super generic, non-descriptive caption of "Brother Records Version."

I'm guessing "A Day in the Life of a Tree (Don Rickles Lead Vocal Version)" and "Forever (Bob Saget Mix)" would also get flagged.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: October 30, 2020, 09:57:39 AM »

I'm guessing "A Day in the Life of a Tree (Don Rickles Lead Vocal Version)" and "Forever (Bob Saget Mix)" would also get flagged.

I for one can't wait for the Rickles version!

Also, the world lost one of the greatest opportunities for comic gold ever, being that Rickles passed away before getting to officially roast Mike.  LOL Maybe someone creative with a good Rickles vocal impersonator on hand can do an animated version one day.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 09:59:17 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: October 30, 2020, 10:03:00 AM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:55:09 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2321 on: October 30, 2020, 10:12:59 AM »

Considering none of the tracks up on YouTube are actually from the "Feel Flows" set, I'm not sure how much of a corollary one can draw between those songs being pulled and the actual content of the "Feel Flows" set. It may correlate to the set existing (and even then I'm not sure), but it doesn't correlate to the specific content as far as I can tell.

Most of the notations on those YouTube tracks are essentially meaningless. It's usually people just ripping stuff from a CD, or at best re-EQ'ing something and calling it a "New 2019 Mix."

"Surf's Up (Brother Records Version)"? I mean, even if "Feel Flows" has ten alternate versions of the song, none of them would likely be given the super generic, non-descriptive caption of "Brother Records Version."

The titles are officially tagged assets that exist on the system, not names given by the users uploading videos.

Two recents (Surf's Up and Okie) don't follow the formatting of the others and I don't think they're related.

Ah yes, that makes more sense.

aingevt
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: October 30, 2020, 10:44:32 AM »

A big thank you to all involved! I need something positive to illuminate this otherwise dismal year!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2323 on: October 30, 2020, 11:28:35 AM »

Supposedly these new titles have been reported

Okie From Muskogee
Riot In Cell Block #9 (Live/1970)

And most interestingly....

Surf's Up (Brother Records Version)

Hmm...that sounds intriguing 🤩 I wonder...was this a special mix, or a re-record, or what...

We’ll know soon!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: October 30, 2020, 11:50:59 AM »

The 1971 re-recorded version they tried?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 171 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx