gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:39:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson 2020 Live Thread  (Read 55585 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2020, 06:59:37 AM »

Added the two Japan dates to the schedule near the top of the thread. Obviously we'll see if anything changes on those dates.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2020, 05:56:30 PM »

What terrible timing...the Beach Boys universe will forever leave me scratching my head...
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: March 02, 2020, 06:24:23 AM »

Added the May-June European tour dates to the schedule near the top of the thread. I'll re-format them a bit later to match the rest of the schedule layout.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 02, 2020, 02:58:16 PM »

Friday May 29th Heartland Festival, Kvaerndrup UK

That's actually Kvaerndrup, DK (Denmark).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 02:59:48 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2020, 02:23:59 AM »

Another german date was just announced.

Philharmonie, Munich June 21st

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 04, 2020, 07:38:37 AM »

Brian and BBs playing some locations within weeks of each other, in some cases the same country on the same day

Almost as if...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 07:39:39 AM by UEF » Logged
saborlord123
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2020, 02:47:10 PM »

Hope Brian comes to my venue again. I saw him for the first time last year and loved it!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 06:39:50 PM by saborlord123 » Logged
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2020, 01:31:06 PM »

I hate to bring back up the “Brian shouldn’t be on tour” thing and I’m not saying Brian should/shouldn’t be on tour. I know that some people said Al was talk-singing his way from the PS set. What I am asking is if Al is getting bored of the tour routine and/or is losing some of his range (“Help Me Rhonda” and “Sloop John B” in particular).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y3LpxywvvQ
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2020, 11:19:59 AM »

He sounded fine to me.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2020, 09:43:32 AM »

He sounded fine to me.

Thanks jeffh, good to know I’m probably hearing things  Wink Well actually it’s not good for me, but it’s good for Al.  LOL
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2020, 04:14:53 AM »

Lots of gigs and festivals in June being cancelled due to Coronavirus
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 18, 2020, 05:57:58 AM »

Brian’s FB page just posted that he will be featured today at 1500 (3pm) Eastern time singing and playing piano from his home.
Details are at rollingstone.com
It’s part of a series called “In My Room”, performances by legacy and newer artists
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:00:33 AM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 18, 2020, 06:06:18 AM »

Preview https://www.instagram.com/p/B94AsKgp6rb/?igshid=3yu09subz1vm

19:00 UK
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 18, 2020, 09:01:49 AM »

Sounds great. Seeing Corbett, Kimmell etc doing shows from home is thinking outside of the box.

From Variety:As the concert industry surreally moves online in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, Rolling Stone is the latest to launch a series of live-from-home online music series with “In My Room” — and fittingly, the series will launch today at 3 p.m. ET/ 12 p.m. PT with the author of that ode to solitude, Beach Boys cofounder and main songwriter Brian Wilson.

You can watch the series here.

The series joins others with similar titles like “At Home Together” and “Shut in and Sing,” and artists like Willie Nelson, John Legend, Death Cab for Cutie’s Ben Gibbard and others (head here for a list of online concerts to watch).

“With the coronavirus crisis rapidly unfolding, artists and venues around the globe are coming up with innovative ways to keep the lights on and the music playing — without leaving the house, the announcement reads

“With this in mind, today at 3 p.m. EST, Rolling Stone will launch a new IGTV series titled “In My Room.” The first episode kicks off with Brian Wilson singing his classic songs from his California home. It will be an intimate, unforgettable experience that you won’t want to miss.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:02:32 AM by Pretty Funky » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2020, 11:38:04 AM »

He sounded really good in that brief clip

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2020, 11:56:17 AM »

I don't see a link!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2020, 12:11:25 PM »

Two songs.

He sounds good, all things considered!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2020, 12:20:33 PM »

No link I can see or get to work. Is it just me or is the RS site the most clunky page on the web? iPad user speaking.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2020, 12:27:56 PM »

Finally saw it...he sounded great! I did a capture and will upload it to Youtube later

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2020, 12:20:40 PM »

I am happy that Brian and company had their short performance in New Orleans during the first weekend of the Mardi Gras parades , when it was mostly locals . It was on the second weekend right before Mardi Gras that people from all over the world flooded in, creating the perfect storm for what my city is going through now.
Be safe, everyone. Wash your hands.

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2020, 01:46:19 PM »

Hope you're doing OK, NOLA BB Fan!
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2020, 08:13:31 AM »

Thanks. So far no one in my family has gotten sick. Several are in the medical profession, and one sister has to take an hour long train twice a week to work (she works from home the other days). However none of them live anywhere near here and the situation isn’t as bad in their areas (yet).
All the best to all as we deal with this mess.

Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 01, 2020, 02:40:11 AM »

"Announcement of Brian Wilson show in Japan Cancellation
In light of the current situation regarding the spread of COVID-19, we regret to announce that Brian Wilsons's Japan concert scheduled in May will be cancelled at this time. We are in discussions for shows at a later date with the artist, and new rescheduled dates will be announced on Creativeman Production's site as soon as they are confirmed.

For those who have payed for their tickets already, please contact the place of purchase for your refund.

For more information about the refund, please visit here (https://www.creativeman.co.jp/artist/refund/2020/brian/index_en.html)

We deeply apologize to all parties concerned, especially fans who had been looking forward to the artist’s show.

CREATIVEMAN PRODUCTIONS"

https://www.creativeman.co.jp/artist/2020/05brianwilson/
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:40:58 AM by Wata » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 04, 2020, 04:40:01 AM »

Clever decision. Everything must be cancelled to be safe.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2020, 10:31:05 AM »

Brian watching his band do "God only knows" with Al on standup bass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trlPWFliTNk

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx