gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:24:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian live webcast tonite  (Read 7056 times)
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2019, 03:43:09 PM »

The Beachlife fest is streaming the headliners arent they- is anyone tuning in
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 06:47:35 PM »

https://beachlifefestival.com/live/

Looks like Brian is set to come on 7:45 Pacific time!
Sunflower70
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 08:55:06 PM »

More important, is someone able to download this??
GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 09:23:11 PM »

Caught the tail end. Matt (he’s back) and Al sang nearly all leads from “All Summer Long”. Brian remained seated while the others took a bow. The band sounded really good.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 10:09:39 PM »

It was a GH show, but they had a very nice block of some of my favorites in the middle, and one or two surprises ("Let Him Run Wild," with Matt on lead, for one). Brian's vocals are still spotty, but the rest of the band sounded great. Glad I got to catch this one!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 01:24:18 AM »

Whoa, anyone saved this?  Shocked

EDIT:

It's being played on a post on Brian's facebook account from 5 hours ago. You probably just have to find the post and the video plays. Maybe someone can save it
Does this work? https://www.facebook.com/officialbrianwilson/videos/463354930895324/?comment_id=677043229422775&notif_id=1557047445105874&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

EDIT 2:

Will try to add the setlist as I skip through the video:

California Girls
Dance, dance, dance
I get around
Shut down
Little deuce coupe
Little Honda
Surfer girl
Salt Lake City
Don't worry baby
Darlin'
Feel flows
Wild honey
Sail on sailor
Do it again
Let him run wild
Wouldn't it be nice
Sloop John B.
God only knows
Good vibrations
All summer long
Help me, Rhonda
Barbara Ann
Surfin' USA
Fun, fun, fun
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 02:27:20 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
JonEverett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 06:44:47 AM »

Search for a program called "ClipGrab". This will capture most things, including this. I've just done it
Jon

Anyway - try this https://we.tl/t-742MeOJCXD
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 07:54:58 AM by JonEverett » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 08:44:55 AM »

I think it’s time for the band to consider taking God Only Knows down a key or two if Brian is going to keep singing it.  He’s so clearly struggling to hit those notes.

NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 09:50:00 AM »

I was able to download it. Inbox me if you want me to send it to you.

Did anyone else notice the extreme lack of close-ups of Brian? Even on songs where he was singing lead, they would have a close up of literally every band member but him. I watched the whole concert twice and only saw a couple close-ups (still pretty far away) of Brian, but totally tight shots of Al, Matt (nice to see him back, although I also did like Rob), and everyone else. Kinda strange. Was this at the insistence of the producers because of Brian's, how should I put this, sometimes somber appearance? Did someone deem that he was having an "off" night or something?

I love Brian, but oh man, his vocals were all over the place. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the show. I thoroughly did, and I'll probably watch it again a million times. The band is ON FIRE here!! Matt absolutely shines on Let Him Run Wild. Al, of all places, totally rocked on Shut Down, Darian sounded great on Darlin, I love Nicky Wonder's Fender Bass on Dance Dance Dance.

This show overwhelmed me with bitter-sweetness, something I've felt every time I've seen Brian in person, but nothing has ever compared to the feeling I got from watching this video. The band is amazing. The music is amazing. Happy crowd. That was all great, but to hear Brian's voice cracking on every line of God Only Knows just hurts. Surely, like someone has already mentioned, many of these songs keys (and maybe tempos) should be adjusted for Bri. I know Brian has never really been comfortable on stage, like someone like Mike Love, but I haven't seen him *this uncomfortable* since 1981 or immediate-post Landy years. In shots where he can be seen, He looks genuinely tense and unhappy. I know there's not much he can do if he already committed to doing a show and is having an ""off" night. He doesn't want to retire, so this is his job. I just wish accommodations could be made, musical or otherwise, to ensure that Brian is having a nice time. I know he as a nice chair he loves backstage, why not bring it out to the piano ??  LOL LOL I know that sounds goofy, but Dave Grohl had a fricken guitar throne!!! If it made Bri comfortable, then great! Anything like that to make him happier. He certainly didn't look happy last night.

I Don't mean to be too much of a downer. I loved the show. I'm thankful that Brian is still performing.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 10:49:15 AM »

Al seems to be the band leader now. He sounds great and his vocals are really up front on most songs.

Brian looked very tired and seems to be struggling for air which is easy to understand considering his health, age and difficulty of songs to sing. Not sure where he goes from here but hope he has better nights   Sad

Rick5150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 11:09:46 AM »

That was painful to listen to. The band was great and Al sounded terrific. I was never a big Blondie fan and this did not help - he sounded drunk. Brian sounded terrible. I got used to the shouty Brian, but now he has a shouty, syncopated, out of breath sound. I could forgive it, if he was having fun, but he looks absolutely miserable.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 11:45:41 AM »

I really wish someone else would sing GOK. The vocal range is too great for Brian.
I know it's one of if not the most "beloved" of his songs, but he didn't sing it on the recording or the live shows up thru the 90s.
I couldn't bear to listen to it last night. I put my tablet on "mute" for that song.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 12:52:06 PM »

YouTube version

https://youtu.be/wKEibZqSCFU
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019, 03:21:00 PM »

NateRuvin wrote:
Did anyone else notice the extreme lack of close-ups of Brian? Even on songs where he was singing lead, they would have a close up of literally every band member but him. I watched the whole concert twice and only saw a couple close-ups (still pretty far away) of Brian, but totally tight shots of Al, Matt (nice to see him back, although I also did like Rob), and everyone else. Kinda strange. Was this at the insistence of the producers because of Brian's, how should I put this, sometimes somber appearance? Did someone deem that he was having an "off" night or something?

Yes.....noticed. Possibly a condition of recording a live gig. Dylan had something similar at Desert Trip a few years ago. The thing is doing so just accentuated the fact there is a problem IMO.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 04:45:20 PM »

For what it's worth, the people running the telecast didn't have much of a sense of who was singing lead at any given time.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 04:50:38 PM »

He did have some good moments too. The bridge on WIBN for one . Do It again too . I don’t think it’s possible for him to play a show without Alan at this point in time.  I think Brian feels comfortable having Al run things though .
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 05:57:42 PM »

I don't think anyone would blame Brian for packing it in on the live shows.  He doesn't owe us anything.  I love him but it hurts to see him struggling to sing like that.  Even when he sounds okay, he sounds like he's straining.  I know people have worried about Brian doing concerts for years now but I've seen him and the band about five or six times since the 2012 Beach Boys tour and the deterioration of his voice and his physical presence is pretty staggering.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 05:59:16 PM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 05:59:08 PM »

I also noticed that relationship between Al and Brian and agree that Brian is depending on Al. During one song Al said something along the lines of "this next part is yours, Brian" then Brian sang.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 11:43:22 PM »

i liked when blondie thanked brian and al for "bringing him to this country 50 yrs ago"- I didn't really realise that but i guess thats accurate, they probably helped him come here like  or were instrumental in it.  Brian did miss a lot of lines and looked even less animated than usual.  A brian highlight for me was Salt Lake City, a suprise.  Worst moment of the night Huh anyone?   Darians lead on "Darlin'"- wasnt into it dawg. 
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2019, 11:45:21 PM »

Al was a little hoarse but not in a horrible way hes been working a TON and i mean arlo i saw last week was wayyyyy more hoarse and he was still great and so al was definetly really great but still a little hoarse but i still wish he was featured more this show, would of been nice to add cal saga or honkin
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 11:46:07 PM by chewy » Logged
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2019, 11:47:16 PM »

they had weird shots for every band dawg- not a lot of detail was put into the production, but i was happy they did it for everyone, but yea

I was able to download it. Inbox me if you want me to send it to you.

I love Brian, but oh man, his vocals were all over the place. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the show. I thoroughly did, and I'll probably watch it again a million times. The band is ON FIRE here!! Matt absolutely shines on Let Him Run Wild. Al, of all places, totally rocked on Shut Down, Darian sounded great on Darlin, I love Nicky Wonder's Fender Bass on Dance Dance Dance.

This show overwhelmed me with bitter-sweetness, something I've felt every time I've seen Brian in person, but nothing has ever compared to the feeling I got from watching this video. The band is amazing. The music is amazing. Happy crowd. That was all great, but to hear Brian's voice cracking on every line of God Only Knows just hurts. Surely, like someone has already mentioned, many of these songs keys (and maybe tempos) should be adjusted for Bri. I know Brian has never really been comfortable on stage, like someone like Mike Love, but I haven't seen him *this uncomfortable* since 1981 or immediate-post Landy years. In shots where he can be seen, He looks genuinely tense and unhappy. I know there's not much he can do if he already committed to doing a show and is having an ""off" night. He doesn't want to retire, so this is his job. I just wish accommodations could be made, musical or otherwise, to ensure that Brian is having a nice time. I know he as a nice chair he loves backstage, why not bring it out to the piano ??  LOL LOL I know that sounds goofy, but Dave Grohl had a fricken guitar throne!!! If it made Bri comfortable, then great! Anything like that to make him happier. He certainly didn't look happy last night.

I Don't mean to be too much of a downer. I loved the show. I'm thankful that Brian is still performing.
JonEverett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2019, 01:37:33 AM »

Search for a program called "ClipGrab". This will capture most things, including this. I've just done it
Jon

Did this download work for anybody?
jawilsh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2019, 03:08:04 AM »

Jon

Is Clipgrab malware?
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2019, 07:38:45 AM »

Regarding Brian, I hope he doesn't sing because of an obligation that he has to sing his songs. His presence enough, overseeing the performance of his songs by his extremely talented touring band is more than enough for the average fan. For instance, Roger Waters doesn't really sing on many of his songs either, apart from playing some bass and doing some backup vocals.

I just hope that he realises that no fan would ever feel disappointed with his decision to sing or not sing, that's all.
Musketeer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2019, 11:17:26 AM »

How long has Brian been using a wheelchair as he apparently did at this concert?
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx