gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:50:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smiley Smile Message Board Milestone - And General Words Of Thanks  (Read 57805 times)
wjcrerar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 22, 2018, 04:46:41 PM »

:heart eyes:
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: December 22, 2018, 05:02:06 PM »

That brought such a smile to my face when I saw it..love seeing chilled out relaxed Brian singing and playing

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 22, 2018, 05:06:58 PM »

Works for me!

And for something infinitely more pleasant...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrtKBHKngbD/
Is It just me, or did Brian just sound thirty years younger, for a brief, fleeting second or two?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 22, 2018, 05:10:46 PM »

wjcrerar's answers/ points look the best & well-detailed than anybody's in the "different" (not really since he/she admitted they're neutral) side. Plus politer than The Lovester's & such. Thanks.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: December 22, 2018, 05:18:48 PM »

Works for me!

Is It just me, or did Brian just sound thirty years younger, for a brief, fleeting second or two?

He really did.

wjcrerar's answers/ points look the best & well-detailed than anybody's in the "different" (not really since he/she admitted they're neutral) side. Plus politer than The Lovester's & such. Thanks.

Agreed and more proof that nobody on either side should paint everybody with the same brush

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
wjcrerar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 22, 2018, 05:36:38 PM »

Thank you, I didn't wanna stir things further and I'm glad (I think) that I haven't. Maybe world peace is possible after all.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 22, 2018, 06:35:10 PM »

Works for me!

There are pictures taken over the years of Brian and all the Beach Boys standing around a piano pre/post shows doing the same thing, and they are awesome. Perhaps if that had have happened in 2012..... Cry
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: December 23, 2018, 12:38:57 AM »

I'm just coming out of lurk mode to say that I am filled with dismay at the precarious position these archival releases seem to be in. The idea that the record companies or BRI or whoever might find even digital releases (which are totally fine by me) not worth the expense is heart breaking. All of that overshadows the message board drama, which, to be clear, is not  terribly interesting.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: December 23, 2018, 01:59:49 AM »

I feel you.  We’ve been blessed with a treasure trove of material and the idea that there’s a possibility of not getting anymore saddens me.  If it comes down to a kickstarter count me in

wjcrerar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 23, 2018, 03:02:44 AM »

It's really sad to see, especially after Sunshine Tomorrow seemed to do so well. Alan mentioned to me that him and Mark expected the studio sets a week later but they were just dropped on Spotify immediately with no announcement. I guess the promo budget went to the RPO album this year, but they could at least act like they care. These sets should've and could've gotten the same level of praise if people actually knew about them.

If anything deserves a big Pet Sounds Sessions style boxset though it's Sunflower. So I guess there's hope?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 23, 2018, 04:32:51 AM »

Watamushi stepped down from his admin position on the PS Forum I just want to apologize for any hurtful words I said about Watamushi and Dick Rising’s moderation decisions. Though I still don’t agree with how things were handled there, I also didn’t need to say some things I said.

Any frustration I have regarding this drama is years of irritation about how things were handled from day one of that forum’s existence. That doesn’t excuse what I said about Watamushi and D Rising, but it at least explains the emotions behind what and why I said those things.

The biggest irony is my annoyance of how certain posters over on the PS forum act(ed) when I myself stooped to acting the same way because of this situation.

Watamushi has been such a positive part of this fandom since he arrived at both forums. If he doesn’t retake his admin position I hope he will at least continue to post and share his positivity about this music. I’m sorry again to both moderators, it’s not an easy job and my words certainly didn’t help.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 23, 2018, 04:58:23 AM »

What's very telling to me is they didn't listen to him when he politely asked people at PS, including Nicko1234/ monolithic, to take it to pm's & delete their "support" posts. If Watamushi tells VERY CLEARLY it's HIS fault, is it REALLY difficult to take his word? Nope, it's not you, it's dat evil bunch at SS who made you do it. Riiiiiight.
Look, folks, the *ultimate* decision is Watamushi's, no need to argue with the guy himself saying it's HIS fault.
I admire Watamushi for being noble like that without pointing fingers. Apparently, the others at PS can't accept it. As well as respect it.
The reactions were very predictable.
& rab2591, Watamushi doesn't go ANY where, he didn't say he leaves, he simply steps down as admin & mod. Then what's being sad about? What's the problem?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 23, 2018, 05:10:25 AM »

Whether or not I had any effect on his decision, his resignation made me realize how my words could (and possibly did) impact the actions/feelings of another (especially someone, as AGD put it, thrust head first into a ridiculous situation). If Watamushi said it was his own fault (I don't remember that part) then so be it, but I can still recognize that I didn't need to say a few things that I did.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 23, 2018, 05:17:27 AM »

If Watamushi said it was his own fault (I don't remember that part)
He did say it. As to the other points, it's possible he could perhaps be affected by some things you or smb. else here said but, the decision is HIS. He could stubbornly still stay being admin, regardless if people feel he didn't prove to be good, could say "It's MY business & I'll be admin NO MATTER WHAT". But, he didn't.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 23, 2018, 05:24:34 AM »

I just tried to log into PSF and the site is down for "maintenance". Twice now, the site has gone down during the middle of a huge fuss. The first was a few days ago when Craig was getting attacked by filldepage and Sheriff John Stone, and now it happens again after a member of the board gets banned. That sure is a funny coincidence.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 23, 2018, 05:40:44 AM »

Damn, that is awful for both guys.... Undecided

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 23, 2018, 05:42:13 AM »

Jay, not sure if you’re being facetious, but when you go to the PSF site it says “due to a lack of mods the forum will be remain inactive until further notice.” So it definitely had to do with this.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 05:46:54 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 23, 2018, 05:44:21 AM »

What’s the funny coincidence jay?

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 23, 2018, 05:50:16 AM »

What always amazes me is people constantly connecting dots that aren’t there. It doesn’t make you smart to have a theory. Usually the simple truth is the actual truth.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 23, 2018, 05:55:59 AM »

Yep, it's definitely it regarding things I said. Watamushi said it's HIS fault, then we shouldn't read much into it. If he stepped down, then he stepped down. What's the big deal?

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2018, 06:04:07 AM »

Weren’t there two or three?

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2018, 06:06:39 AM »

I guess sarcasm doesn't translate well through a computer.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2018, 06:08:37 AM »

Weren’t there two or three?
I think the mods were watamushi, Dick Rising, and Niko. Both Niko and watamushi have resigned.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 23, 2018, 06:11:45 AM »

niko used to be admin, then resigned. Watamushi took his place. Then resigned today.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 23, 2018, 06:22:03 AM »

Just make AGD PSF dictator and get it over with... Grin.   Edit: what up Woodstock?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx