gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:05:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smiley Smile Message Board Milestone - And General Words Of Thanks  (Read 57817 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2018, 06:22:05 PM »

Long live Smiley Smile! Cool Guy

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2018, 07:53:32 PM »

Turning the other cheek to filledeplage and John Manning's posts was kind of sickening if I'm being frank.

Sickening is a good description. The whole thing isn't just sickening, use any similar term and it's pretty much an accurate commentary on how messed up a simple thing like that fan forum became because of a small group of people there (we should name them, because it's the same crew that sh*t on this board and people here until it was nipped in the bud). And it seems the current moderators are afraid to take appropriate action against certain people for whatever reasons, while believing and acting on lies, ignoring board violations and allowing them to stand without any action, then further distorting what actually happened when it played out in public. And people who read it can see what happened versus taking the word of known liars like Filldeplage who has a history of doing this exact thing going back several years.

So the mods can answer the question why did Filledeplage and John Manning get free passes while MikesBeard and Sheriff John Stone got publicly thrown under the bus for doing the same thing?

They could also answer why Watamushi posted comments of mine to justify a ban, comments taken out of context  that someone who isn't even a member there read, analyzed the context perfectly,  and called out as the bullshit it is?

They may also answer what happened to Dick/Kane's post here from 2017 when he took over as mod:
I'm a mod there too now. Me and Watamushi will do our best to keep the board civil alongside the other mods. We won't play favorites.

What do you call ignoring certain members' breaking of the board rules and constant shitting on your actions as a mod while calling out and scapegoating others if not playing favorites? For f**k's sake, it's not like no one is noticing this hypocrisy. Filledeplage and John Manning. Case closed.

The irony must be lost on the Pet Sounds Forum how the subject of the thread where all this happened, Rocky Pamplin, was branded a liar and therefore nothing he said was to be trusted or believed. Further, that no weight be given to anything he says in a book or elsewhere.

So the liars that have been exposed in the form of certain PS Forum posters and now perhaps a mod or two as well who posted lies and distortions that can and have been exposed...Should we apply the same standard as they did for Rocky Pamplin and moving forward nothing they say should be believed or acknowledged? I'm ok with that.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 07:54:48 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2018, 08:09:42 PM »

I don't want to speculate because I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but you're right...it doesn't look right.

The timing of all this right when this thread was first started also too seems a bit iffy.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2018, 08:26:38 PM »

Despite the words of Dick and Watamushi who just told everyone that I came there "solely to squabble about off-topic issues"...I posted this topic as a sincere thank you to everyone who posts here, and to my friend Billy for holding the ship steady for over a decade, and Charles for the board in general, and all of that. It was a milestone to break the record of most viewers online at one time, and thought it was worthy of a tip of the collective cap for everyone who contributes.

If there was something with the timing of what happened over there, then yeah - That would be really pathetic, but not out of character perhaps.

So again, it was broadcast publicly that I was there "solely to squabble about off-topic issues" when every topic I posted in was done relevant to what was being discussed. And in this recent Rocky thread, again as others not even involved have seen and called out, my replies were to *OTHERS* like Filledeplage and Manning who went off topic to either lie, distort, or take personal shots at me. Then when I reported them, Dick called it "draining".  Well, tough sh*t. That's the gig. Sit in the chair Billy has had and deal with the sh*t here for 12+ years that he dealt with, and see what draining really is instead of whining when you don't want to take action against what appears to be favored people on that forum who are above the posted rules.

The conversations were still available - See who went off topic, and see how the posts of mine which you pulled out were in reply to some of your favored favorites going off topic and outright lying and distorting before accusing me of doing what they actually did.

So guys, Dick and Watmushi, if you're going to publicly try to pin this on me and assign things to me that did not happen, your credibility exists somewhere on the level of Rocky Pamplin, the topic of the thread where all this went down. Enjoy that with the 10 or so posters who get coddled and given free reign to disrespect you as moderators regularly.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2018, 08:36:51 PM »

I feel extremely bad for those members on both forums who don't care about the fighting...our job as moderators on BOTH FORUMS is to ensure that the fans have a worry-free drama free environment to post in. I admit that I haven't always been 100% in that regard; I let that lying charlatan Andrew Doe manipulate me and then later when I found out what kind of "man" he really is, to let my anger interfere. I own up to that.  After reading that thread I linked here I actually felt terrible, because people are being fed a line of BS and it's sickening.  What bothered me more than anything else was see a member basically plead for the feuding to stop and just end up getting ignored.

This can't go on, either here or there.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2018, 08:50:43 PM »

Right on. And the first step is to address those few who have done the same thing on multiple forums, Smiley, PS, and even others...and once and for all call it out and close the door on them. That's the only way to move forward if that's what needs to happen. The lies and distortions continuing even when the actual facts exist and are available as proof for all to see is a sign that the rotten apples really are rotten, and they will continue to spoil whatever barrel is built for them. The fact that a few people have histories of being banned, reprimanded, and in general acting like assholes across multiple years and multiple forums cannot be ignored. It's same people doing the same things...it really is as simple as that. Let's name them. See if any ring a bell.

When it reaches a point where the most recent moderators over there have to invent reasons to post why someone was banned, and make sh*t up based on their needs versus what actually played out (and can be readily seen in public posts) it's all but a lost cause. So write it off, and expose it for what it is. Then move on.

MsBecca
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2018, 09:27:05 PM »

I feel extremely bad for those members on both forums who don't care about the fighting...our job as moderators on BOTH FORUMS is to ensure that the fans have a worry-free drama free environment to post in. I admit that I haven't always been 100% in that regard; I let that lying charlatan Andrew Doe manipulate me and then later when I found out what kind of "man" he really is, to let my anger interfere. I own up to that.  After reading that thread I linked here I actually felt terrible, because people are being fed a line of BS and it's sickening.  What bothered me more than anything else was see a member basically plead for the feuding to stop and just end up getting ignored.

This can't go on, either here or there.

That was me you were referring to.  I must ask and please Billy C and guitarful do not take offense but what is hoped to be gained by all of this? I mean for reals, I am starting to see what is really going on as it is becoming much much clearer now but at the end of the day what happens?  My late father used to say "war does not determine who is right but only who is left" and I think that like sort of applies here.   I believe  you all, let me restate, after yesterday I BELIEVE YOU ALL, Ik denk dat u alle,  Yo creo que todos, Πιστεύω ότι όλοι σας , whatever. Just can both sides hash it out, and move on.  I mean  it would be nice to not get PMs from people trying to tell me dirt (has not happened here) or come here and then read about it.  The Beach Boys themselves would shake their head and call us all dysfunctional Sad    I pled there and now I plead here.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 09:27:55 PM by ChewBecca » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2018, 09:56:11 PM »

Ik denk dat u alle,  Yo creo que todos, Πιστεύω ότι όλοι σας
ChewBecca, what do you mean by these statements? It'd be nice if you translated.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2018, 10:46:53 PM »

LOL I was gonna ask the same thing but I recognize the Spanish part...poorly translated it says “I believe all of that”. 

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2018, 10:52:35 PM »

1978 Rocky punches out Carl Wilson
2018 Rocky kneecaps 2 message boards.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2018, 11:11:01 PM »

2Billy: Thanks.

2Pretty Funky: I'm tempted to reply with unfunny one-liner joke a la SMiLE Brian. Tongue

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2018, 11:46:41 PM »

LOL

This is probably the most relevant he has ever been in his entire life, including  his actual birth

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2018, 01:26:42 AM »

LOL LOL

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2018, 01:33:36 AM »

I believe  you all, let me restate, after yesterday I BELIEVE YOU ALL, Ik denk dat u alle,  

H'mm. Google Translate, methinks. LOL

How about: Ik geloof jullie allemaal. Grin

That said, CB, I appreciate your input in this topic (using the word in its broadest sense) here and across the road. Smiley

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2018, 02:00:57 AM »

I didn't find Pretty Funky's comment funny. I didn't get it, thus it, by default, isn't funny. Makes sense. police Anyhoo, joining with thanks to everybody in the SSMB. We're cool! 3D

SBN (South Bay Native)
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2018, 02:20:09 AM »

Ah I remember being a new fan as well. Twenty three years goes by quickly apparently!

What are your favorites?

And to re-direct the topic back to Billy's question upthread to me (sorry--I would have responded sooner but was out all day). My favorites shift around regularly, but "Wouldn't It Be Nice," "Please Let Me Wonder," "God Only Knows," "Love and Mercy," Pet Sounds, SMiLE, and most through the late 1970s, and some pre-Pet Sounds songs. Also love the quirky Zappa-like songs of Brian Wilson (a long-time Zappa fan). Back to the BBs, I love what most of you on the board love, but became a fan on the spot after going to a Brian Wilson concert with someone else and was blown away--then started listening and reading. I am amazed at the knowledge here on the board.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 02:21:16 AM by SBN (South Bay Native) » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2018, 02:23:24 AM »

Great catalogue of music tastes, reminds me of BW’s pre show music mix on the PA system.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2018, 02:23:59 AM »

2Pretty Funky: I'm tempted to reply with unfunny one-liner joke a la SMiLE Brian. Tongue
Putin.... Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2018, 02:25:48 AM »

Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2018, 02:52:07 AM »

Putin.... Evil
Trump.... Evil

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2018, 03:22:59 AM »

Touche.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2018, 04:24:57 AM »

if nothing else fdp likening the bans to an "intellectual purge" gave me a good laugh!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2018, 05:17:31 AM »

More like taking out the trash. Billy’s photo of Doe’s book in trash comes to mind... Wink

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2018, 09:46:44 AM »

Looks like Filledeplage got suspended too, by one of the two mods. Hmmm. Too little too late? The backpedaling after the fact is a little frustrating, considering all of this was allowed to stand while others got scapegoated for doing far less or for doing nothing at all. The best way to stop that kind of thing (like Filledeplage) from infecting a board is to simply enforce the rules and step in when they're broken as openly as they were in this and similar situations, by the same person with a history of doing the exact same thing. Just sayin'.

So even though Watamushi falsely said I was there "solely to squabble about off-topic issues", the person who actually started the off-topic old-grudge bullshit who had done so repeatedly in the past and allowed to do so unchecked is now suspended too, retroactive or after-the-fact or something...

Perhaps when I replied to her bullshit and distortions in the middle of on-topic discussions, then went back to the on-topic discussions, I actually wasn't the one to blame for taking it off-topic?

Nice job guys, or guy in this case since it seems Watamushi was alone in putting the ban on Filledeplage and perhaps Dick found the whole thing too "draining" and didn't agree with banning a favored member.

A little honesty would have been nice, guys. As such, the credibility level is still somewhere around Rocky and Stan levels...Hope it's worth it to keep that shield around those favored members and/or benefactors and keep the 20 or so average readers content.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2018, 09:48:42 AM »

More like taking out the trash. Billy’s photo of Doe’s book in trash comes to mind... Wink
I''d put the man himself in there, but once he got to the landfill he'd probably just talk sh*t about the other trash

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx