gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:39:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2019 Tour Thread  (Read 208827 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 13, 2019, 11:17:08 AM »

Thanks for that Wirestone.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 13, 2019, 12:24:21 PM »

I saw him in 78 on the infamous Australia/New Zealand tour. There is enough footage from that period to draw your own conclusions, and besides, Carl was the one having issues, again well documented.

My feeling was always this. When he started solo I thought if the opportunity came up, he owed the fans and himself a decent Beach Boys tour. He was that good and confident (for him). That opportunity came in 2012 successfully. I never had any real doubts it was going to be a one off only because his touring style and demands is completely different from his cousins.

After saying 2012 was it for me I somewhat reluctantly went to the opening Final PS show I 2016 at the request of my son. Who wouldn’t want to share an experience like that? That show, while ok, confirmed what we see now. As I said in an earlier post his stage manner and singing has deteriorated 25% at least in the last 3 years. Probably the same again since the C50.

While I appreciate those just wanting to see him under any circumstances, the guy owes me zip. I’ll continue playing the music, listening on Spotify etc and if he makes some money through those mediums, more power to him, but I can not see him the way Little Richard, Chuck Berry played their final shows or Jerry Lee Lewis still does. Sorry.
Do you mind if I ask you about the 1978 show? Which one was it? Was Carl noticeably in bad shape?

Christchurch. First ever concert at 16, young, naive and unaware of the history of the guys on stage other than they were sooooo old.  Wink It is only all these years later with the internet and footage on demand that we can appreciate what was going on in artists lives behind the scenes. At 16 in conservative NZ it was a given that all these tours were drug and booze filled orgies whether that was the case or not. (We now know that was often the case)
Anyway, to me having nothing to compare them with other than the original records on the radio, they sounded ok. The atmosphere at an outdoor gig was huge. As I have said here before, it was filmed, played once on our limited state run (at the time) television system, then archived and sits to this day.

Apparently this is from the show but it’s so average I have never listened right through.

https://youtu.be/BgXCpFCaQGs

Edit: Carl specifically sounds fine singing Darlin at 3.50 and GOKs at 15.20.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 12:47:36 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 13, 2019, 12:25:38 PM »

I saw Brian perform with the Beach Boys in 1978 or 1979 at Rockland Community College in New York.  He spent the entire concert behind a piano smoking a cigarette.  I don't think he ever took a lead vocal.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 13, 2019, 03:42:06 PM »

here's Brian in 1999 singing Caroline, No: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhWznlP9_54

Looks like he's been to the Bruce Johnston school of live keyboard performance
Nice performance, similar to how he sang it in the Don Was film. One very minor complaint: i'm not into the thing I see many bands do where they take these originally 2 and a half minute songs and extend them. Is that the reason there is that cd series titled "extended versions"? lo. But Brian sings great here, and yes, I did notice his keyboard playing - but I expected that. Going to see the post-Carl BB's for the first time next month, will be watching Bruce closely - and listening. Smiley
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 13, 2019, 06:21:41 PM »

Just so we're all on the same page here, some recent good-quality footage of Brian in concert and the studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVYqA6dtoPE

This is BW and band at the Culture Palace, in Tel Aviv, Israel, on July 8, 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0BMgIH493s

Brian, joined by Blondie and Nick (RIP) in the studio back in February.

You can draw your own conclusions from these clips. Sometimes he's better, sometimes he's worse. No doubt back pain and mental challenges can limit the quality of his performances. But I think these video clips show an engaged, shy, but incredibly brave and gifted man continuing to do his best for audiences that adore him.

He's not what he was 20 years ago, or even 10. But he's out there, and he cares. I don't know what the future holds -- how much or little touring or recording. But I love what this man has done and who he is.

Thanks, Clay. You said it perfectly. The man is out there, and I think, while he's not the least bit political, he wants to spread "love and mercy" at this horrible time. He's a sponge, emotionally. He feels the ugliness. I'm so glad he has his band to support him through these times, and so sad at the loss of Nicky.
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 13, 2019, 11:48:41 PM »

here's Brian in 1999 singing Caroline, No: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhWznlP9_54

Looks like he's been to the Bruce Johnston school of live keyboard performance
Nice performance, similar to how he sang it in the Don Was film. One very minor complaint: i'm not into the thing I see many bands do where they take these originally 2 and a half minute songs and extend them. Is that the reason there is that cd series titled "extended versions"? lo. But Brian sings great here, and yes, I did notice his keyboard playing - but I expected that. Going to see the post-Carl BB's for the first time next month, will be watching Bruce closely - and listening. Smiley

I was sat stage side at the Albert Hall, London show in June. I challenge you to hear an audible keyboard note outside of Disney Girls. There were fingers going down with no sound coming out.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: August 14, 2019, 07:09:18 AM »

I guess these are my thoughts...

I've been loyally following Brian in concert since 1999. Before 1999, I was resigned to the "fact" that I would just never see him in person, let alone see him do a concert. But since 1999, I've seen him do about 30 shows. I've seen him in California, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and even Toronto. There are those who say "LET BRIAN RETIRE!!" Well...nobody's stopping Brian from retiring but Brian himself. History has proven that if Brian truly doesn't want to do something, he doesn't. (Remember the passengerless boarding pass in the airplane?) The exception, of course, being escaping from Landy, who was his legal guardian and could have had him committed. You are never going to convince my ass that Brian is being *forced* to do that, while a huge band and crew just sit back and let it happen (especially Darian -- there's no way he'd ever want to see Brian going against his will). Why does Brian keep going out? I don't know. Maybe he was telling the truth when he said a few years ago, "If I don't tour, I'll just be moping around the house feeling sorry for myself because I'm 74 years old" or something to that effect. Maybe it's to get away from Melinda and/or the kids and/or the dogs. Maybe it's because he likes the steaks. Maybe he likes traveling, and touring is a way to get paid to travel. Or that he's grown so accustomed to being around the people who support him on the road that he doesn't want to give that up. I don't know.

The last time I went to a Brian Wilson concert was November 30, 2018. I watched Brian wince in obvious pain as he walked to his keyboard, being helped by Paul. I wished he was in a wheelchair. I heard him sloppily speak-sing the songs from Pet Sounds (it wasn't a Pet Sounds show but they still did a handful of PS songs) -- and I noticed Al was starting to do that too, by the way. Brian's cues were off. Interestingly, though, he was pretty strong and on cue when he sang songs from the 2005 Christmas album. But as much as I hate to use the word "worst," it was by far the worst I'd ever seen Brian.

But I still walked away from that concert feeling thrilled. I guess maybe it's because my dog had died the night before, and music has healing powers. I felt so amazing after that show. It didn't matter that Brian was off for a good deal of the show. It was then that I actually first said out loud that if the band were to go out and tour without Brian, I'd still pay the money to go to their shows -- that's how good they are.

I'm looking forward to seeing Brian and the guys in September (but NOT looking forward to hear "Butcher's Tale," "Friends of Mine," and "This Will Be Our Year" -- yup, I had to say it). If Brian does a show that I can get to, I'm going to see it while I can. (I could have bought a plane ticket to LAX and seen Wondermints at the Knitting Factory in 2002, and now more than ever I regret not doing that.)

As for how the shows are so far? Well, I've heard that Nick left a gaping hole -- not surprisingly; he was so important to the band. I heard that the band has been not quite in sync...which is understandable: the poor guy hasn't even been gone a week, and the rest of the guys obviously are still in shock. (Hell, Darian and Probyn go WAY back with Nick -- over 30 years.) Nick probably isn't even buried yet. Sure, they could have cancelled a few dates -- but remember, they already did, and...well, they were already on the road when Nick died (God, that's so hard to type), so what were they gonna do? Just hole up in the hotel and be sad?

But having said all of that...of all the concerts I've been to in my life, there was only one time a concert *ever* made me sad and literally made me wish I was anywhere but at that concert.

And it wasn't a Brian Wilson concert.

It was a "Beach Boys" concert I went to last weekend.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: August 14, 2019, 08:19:22 AM »

Agreed on all points...thanks for posting that

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 14, 2019, 08:49:57 AM »

But having said all of that...of all the concerts I've been to in my life, there was only one time a concert *ever* made me sad and literally made me wish I was anywhere but at that concert.

And it wasn't a Brian Wilson concert.

It was a "Beach Boys" concert I went to last weekend.

I've seen you've written this a few times. What's the reason for this?
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: August 14, 2019, 10:51:36 AM »

Yeah -- because I can't keep track of where I write that stuff. Smiley

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: August 14, 2019, 11:36:30 AM »

I think Jim was asking about why the concert made you feel that way

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wylson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 14, 2019, 12:35:24 PM »

Does anyone know who is playing the guitar parts that Nicky would have played or if they’re leaving them out? It must be so hard for the band to continue at the moment.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: August 14, 2019, 01:09:40 PM »

I heard that Probyn was playing some of the guitar parts, meaning he had to play *three* instruments during "Let's Go Away For Awhile"!

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 14, 2019, 02:19:17 PM »

Yeah -- because I can't keep track of where I write that stuff. Smiley

I think Jim was asking about why the concert made you feel that way

Haha. Yeah Billy was right. I definitely wasn't complaining about what and where and when you write something. I wanted to know why the Mike and Bruce show was an endless bummer for you.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: August 14, 2019, 07:28:56 PM »

Well, I'll tell ya...I went because my mother-in-law was in town, and she always had a spot in her heart for Ringo Starr, so we took her to see the double-header with Ringo and "the Beach Boys."

Now...one big thing with me is that I just cannot acknowledge Mike and Bruce as "the Beach Boys." They're only using that name because a lawyer said they could. But having said that...the band was spot-on. Mike sounded really good. The band did a really nice Scott Totten arrangement of "Here Comes The Sun" that I honestly am considering buying if it's available anywhere. But...something was off. Again, the music was fine, the band was fine, the vocals were fine...but...it sounded so...sterile, I guess. And as I watched the projections on the screen, I was reminded how Dennis and Carl weren't there. Two Wilsons gone. And Brian wasn't going to show up. No Wilsons. Beach Boys without Wilsons?? Al on the projections...aw, man, he COULD be there, theoretically! Even David Marks! (And John Stamos' presence didn't help things.)

I guess the best comparison I can make...ever watch Mad Men? Did you see the episode where Sal was directing a Patio commercial, and the folks at Pepsi wanted a shot-for-shot re-make of Ann-Margret's "Bye Bye Birdie" performance? So Sal had it done, right down to a singer who looked and sounded like Ann-Margret? It was note-perfect, frame-perfect...but...everybody who screened it ended up not liking it, but they couldn't put their fingers on exactly what they didn't like about it, until Harry Crane spoke up: "It's not Ann-Margret."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 07:37:46 PM by 37!ws (hint: turn it upside-down) » Logged

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 14, 2019, 10:33:47 PM »

Well, I'll tell ya...I went because my mother-in-law was in town, and she always had a spot in her heart for Ringo Starr, so we took her to see the double-header with Ringo and "the Beach Boys."

Now...one big thing with me is that I just cannot acknowledge Mike and Bruce as "the Beach Boys." They're only using that name because a lawyer said they could. But having said that...the band was spot-on. Mike sounded really good. The band did a really nice Scott Totten arrangement of "Here Comes The Sun" that I honestly am considering buying if it's available anywhere. But...something was off. Again, the music was fine, the band was fine, the vocals were fine...but...it sounded so...sterile, I guess. And as I watched the projections on the screen, I was reminded how Dennis and Carl weren't there. Two Wilsons gone. And Brian wasn't going to show up. No Wilsons. Beach Boys without Wilsons?? Al on the projections...aw, man, he COULD be there, theoretically! Even David Marks! (And John Stamos' presence didn't help things.)

I guess the best comparison I can make...ever watch Mad Men? Did you see the episode where Sal was directing a Patio commercial, and the folks at Pepsi wanted a shot-for-shot re-make of Ann-Margret's "Bye Bye Birdie" performance? So Sal had it done, right down to a singer who looked and sounded like Ann-Margret? It was note-perfect, frame-perfect...but...everybody who screened it ended up not liking it, but they couldn't put their fingers on exactly what they didn't like about it, until Harry Crane spoke up: "It's not Ann-Margret."
You know, Brian and Al are basically doing a Beach Boys show now. No, they don't call themselves the Beach Boys, but it's a night of Beach Boys music. It's not like Al is up there plugging Postcard from California; Brian is not doing songs from BW88. TLOS, Imagination, GIOMH, NPP. So, having said that...
Is there anyone at their shows that thinks "it's just not right without Mike and Bruce?"
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 15, 2019, 01:11:43 AM »

You know, Brian and Al are basically doing a Beach Boys show now. No, they don't call themselves the Beach Boys, but it's a night of Beach Boys music. It's not like Al is up there plugging Postcard from California; Brian is not doing songs from BW88. TLOS, Imagination, GIOMH, NPP. So, having said that...
Is there anyone at their shows that thinks "it's just not right without Mike and Bruce?"

I am getting the impression that you would.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: August 15, 2019, 04:35:29 AM »

heh. Actually, last time I saw Brian, there WAS some Brian solo stuff in the show; several songs, actually. (Actually, every single Brian Wilson show I've been to has had at least one song from his solo career!)

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 15, 2019, 06:30:35 AM »

Do Brian and Al bill themselves as "The Beach Boys"? Did they publicly state their desire to continue touring with Mike (and by extension Bruce)? I think those two questions answer why people are thinking a certain way. Mike (and Bruce) walked away, not Brian and Al.

I really think people wouldn't think walking away from The Beach Boys was a sleazy move from Mike if he had quit the band to go perform solo or with his Endless Summer Maharishi Pisces Brother Tribute Beach Band. But no, ol' Michael decided to basically quit The Beach Boys so he could go back out on the road without the other true, original Beach Boys, but still get billed as The Beach Boys.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 06:39:53 AM by Jim V. » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: August 15, 2019, 06:40:58 AM »

Brian’s show in terms of setlist has been, in recent years, certainly *closer* to being his version of a “Beach Boys” show as compared to back 10-20 years ago when he was doing more solo stuff. With Al (and Blondie and Matt) on board, this effect has been magnified a bit. They still usually do some deep cuts, but apart from “Love and Mercy”, the last time the band dug into a “solo” song that *wasn’t* off Brian’s latest album (meaning not something like NPP material in 2015/2016) would have probably been back in 2013 when the first leg of the Brian/Al/David tour had them doing “Your Imagination” and “Going Home.” I may be forgetting a quick anomaly or two, but that’s generally been how it is.

*However*, a closer examination of even a relative “meat and potatoes” setlist from Brian with fewer “deep cuts” and little to no “solo” material reveals there is KEY difference between a Brian setlist and a Mike setlist.

Mike does *Beach Boys songs*; in addition to whatever covers or solo material he does, he pulls from a pool of songs simply released by the Beach Boys over the years, including songs he had no hand in writing. Mike will do “’Til I Die”, or “Surf’s Up”, or “In My Room” or “Surfer Girl”. Heck, a few years ago he even did Al’s “Lady Lynda” and Al’s “California Saga” for the first time without Al there. Mike does pretty much all of the recognizable Beach Boys hits, including songs he had no hand in writing.

Brian, on the other hand, features a setlist that showcases *his* music. With a few exceptions, Brian performs songs he either wrote or co-wrote. He *skips* most hits and other recognizable songs that he didn’t have a hand in writing (e.g. “Kokomo”, “Getcha Back”). He even skips (or often skips) well-known songs he *did* have a hand in writing or spearheading (e.g. “Be True To Your School”, “Surfin’ Safari”, “It’s OK”, “Rock and Roll Music”). Even when Al and Blondie tour with Brian, most of the songs those other guys sing are songs Brian co-wrote. A rare exception would be Al’s “California Saga” and sometimes “Cotton Fields”, and occasionally "Susie Cincinnati."  But most of Blondie’s songs? Brian co-writes. Most of Al’s songs? Brian co-writes. Al’s not whipping out “Lady Lynda” or “Lookin’ at Tomorrow” (the latter was rehearsed but never peformed). Al’s leads are usually some car songs, some PS songs, plus “Wake the World” or in the past “Honkin’ Down the Highway”, the Brian-arranged “Then I Kissed Her”, etc. There are a few other exceptions to these rules. But Brian generally showcases his writing, whereas Mike showcases Beach Boys songs (plus whatever solo stuff he’s plugging). Brian has very rarely included Carl or Dennis songs he had no hand in writing, with "Feel Flows" being the only really longer term exception to this.

This is one of the reasons I always figured it was highly unlikely Brian would ever do a full “Sunflower” tour, as I can’t picture him, even with a handed-off lead, doing something like “Tears in the Morning.”
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 07:11:17 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: August 15, 2019, 06:48:05 AM »

I covered most of this in my previous post above.

I will also add, though, that according to interviews over the past five or so years, it sounds like the Brian/Al tour has been warned off from too heavily even advertising using the "Beach Boys" name. That is, even though they have never put "Beach Boys" in the band/tour title, Al has referenced in an interview that they have been harangued (my word choice) by "friendly reminders" from some legal or managerial entity that they should be careful with how much they hang promotion of their shows on their "original Beach Boy" status.

So in any procedural/logistical/legal frame of reference, Brian and Al's tour really cannot be compared to Mike's.

I'll also add that while I quite enjoyed the post-C50 Brian/Al shows I saw in 2013, 2015, and 2016, I did feel, especially in 2013 with David also there, that the band, while great, was not the same as the full reunion lineup with Mike and Bruce.

In my now numerous years of pointing out how much of a bummer the reunion ending was, I've always pointed out to those who think that sentiment is too negative towards Mike, that in fact part of my disappointment is due to Mike not being there. Mike (and yeah, even Bruce) add to the whole and made C50 a definite "whole is greater than the sum of the parts" sort of situation.

Sure, as the years have now gone by and Mike has often been increasingly negative about C50 and about Brian (and to some degree Al as well), I've eventually sort of by default come to the realization that it's probably better that someone so negative towards Brian and Al *isn't* there with them then.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 07:30:27 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 15, 2019, 07:08:10 AM »

They're only using that name because a lawyer said they could.

My understanding is that Brian, Estates of Carl and Dennis, Mike and Al via the corporation says he can use the name in exchange for the fee he pays to the BB Corp to license the name. The lawyers got more heavily involved when Al didn’t want to pay to license the name to use within his band’s name (back when he had Carnie and Wendy in his group).

Presumably if Brian and Al were truly unhappy with Mike using the name, all it’d take would be either Carl’s estate or Dennis’ estate to be on board to vote against licensing the name to Mike. But of course, they all get paid for this license, including Brian and Al.

Someone please jump in and correct any misunderstanding I have here.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: August 15, 2019, 07:21:29 AM »

They're only using that name because a lawyer said they could.

My understanding is that Brian, Estates of Carl and Dennis, Mike and Al via the corporation says he can use the name in exchange for the fee he pays to the BB Corp to license the name. The lawyers got more heavily involved when Al didn’t want to pay to license the name to use within his band’s name (back when he had Carnie and Wendy in his group).

Presumably if Brian and Al were truly unhappy with Mike using the name, all it’d take would be either Carl’s estate or Dennis’ estate to be on board to vote against licensing the name to Mike. But of course, they all get paid for this license, including Brian and Al.

Someone please jump in and correct any misunderstanding I have here.

There are hundreds if not thousands of posts over the years here that get into all of this. Yes, as we all know, Mike secured a license from the band’s corporation to use the band’s name solely for touring.

As to most of the rest of what you’ve said, it’s largely more complicated than that. BRI voting to give Mike an exclusive license doesn’t mean *all* the shareholders agreed to it. Only that the majority did. Others may have voted against it, others may have abstained.

As to whether Brian or Al has at any time in subsequent years no longer wanted Mike to have the license, that’s unclear. What is relatively clear is that Brian and Al alone could not take Mike’s license away. They would need the support of Carl’s estate (or possibly for them to abstain). (Dennis’s estate is not a member of BRI.)

Further, the reality of things is that even if they *did* vote to take away the license, the whole mess would likely be tied up in litigation for years.

But I think the general idea in some of these types of posts seems to be that because Brian and Al haven’t spearheaded a new vote to strip Mike of the license, and just because they collect the licensing fee that they are legally entitled to, that then implies that they are 100% fine with the licensing set up. That isn’t necessarily the case. All we know for sure is that they aren’t apparently unhappy *enough* with the situation to risk possibly millions of dollars in legal fees and years in court to change things.

My personal sense is that for many years now the touring license has been more about a sort of defaulting to maintaining the status quo, a sort of “possession is 9/10 of the law” sort of mentality. There have been no apparent actual lawsuits post-2012 between members or the corporation; they’re probably happy enough to maintain that level of equilibrium even if everything isn’t *precisely* the way they’d personally like it.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: August 15, 2019, 10:02:40 AM »

No.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 15, 2019, 01:07:01 PM »

Here Today with Al on lead vocal https://youtu.be/QW2LE6BXZPs
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx