gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:24:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: David Marks Arrested  (Read 12530 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2018, 01:43:27 AM »

OMG!

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/28/beach-boys-david-marks-wife-arrested-domestic-dispute/

BEACH BOYS' DAVID MARKS
HE AND WIFE ARRESTED
... In Domestic Dispute

No good vibrations here -- longtime Beach Boys member David Marks was arrested in a domestic dispute with his wife, but it sounds like she was the instigator ... according to law enforcement.
We're told police responded to a dispute earlier this month in the San Fernando Valley between David and his wife, Carrieann Marks. After investigating, cops placed both David and Carrieann in cuffs and hauled them off to jail.

David was arrested and booked for resisting, delaying or obstructing an officer -- a misdemeanor -- and Carrieann got busted for domestic violence against a spouse ... also a misdemeanor. They didn't look too happy in their mug shots ... usually no one is.
The details of the incident in question remain unclear.
However, Carrieann tells TMZ that the whole thing was a misunderstanding, and "we are happier than ever." She says they have plans to celebrate David's 70th birthday in the South of France next month -- and neither have any plans of pressing charges.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 08:19:16 AM »

Holy sh*t

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2018/07/28/beach-boys-david-marks-wife-arrested-domestic-dispute/

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 08:31:15 AM »

I wonder if this will have any effect on the reunion Q&A??

Nothing is ever simple in the BBs world...
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 09:07:24 AM »

Seems like everything is ok now

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 10:36:55 AM »

Does anybody really give a sh*t what Marks would have to say in a Q&A. He hasn't been with the group since 1963. He was only brought back into the group because Carl died.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 11:15:57 AM »

Wow... that was pretty harsh

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 11:29:16 AM »

Does anybody really give a sh*t what Marks would have to say in a Q&A. He hasn't been with the group since 1963. He was only brought back into the group because Carl died.

I’d imagine far more people give a sh*t about what Beach Boy David Marks has to say in a Q&A than do what some random poster—you, for instance—has to say on a Beach Boys message board.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 12:25:08 PM »

Why are you so fucking negative?

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
feelintheflows
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 12:43:12 PM »

Once a beach boy always a beach boy. So yes we give a sh*t.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 01:04:49 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:21:21 PM by zatch » Logged
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 01:35:53 PM »

I’d imagine far more people give a sh*t about what Beach Boy David Marks has to say in a Q&A than do what some random poster—you, for instance—has to say on a Beach Boys message board.
Well let's see what my credentials are : first saw the BB's live in 1969, have met and spent a modest amount of time with all six Beach Boys, co-sponsored the first two Beach Boy conventions in the San Francisco Bay area, seen the original Beach Boys over forty times in concert and spent thousands of dollars regarding my obsession with Brian and the boys. So yeah , I'm a random poster but I think that my opinion matters and carries some weight. Oh, and I actually use my real name when I post.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 01:50:39 PM »

Credentials? There are no credentials. Being old isn't a credential, it's a biological misfortune. And in this case, it's no advantage over the person in question, who remains a Beach Boy.

David Marks: Beach Boy.

Gerry: real-name-using old person whose fandom means he met some Beach Boys.

Shall we change our calculus as to whom most people would rather hear from? Or does the point stand? Now granted, I could bolster my argument by noting the fact of which many a poster is well aware--that my name is Luther (gasp! His credibility grows exponentially by this irrelevance that apparently tickles oldsters!)--but I don't think it's especially important.

You're a random poster. Your opinion carries no weight beyond that of any other random poster (such as myself), which is far, far less that of a Beach Boy. Such as David Marks.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Toursiveu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2018, 01:59:26 PM »

David actually looks good on his mugshot.
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2018, 02:10:40 PM »

Well Capn Luther my comment regarding David Marks stands. Oh, and I'm not really that old pal.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2018, 02:20:37 PM »

If you’re not old, you ought not use longevity for your claims to relevance.

And we’re not pals.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2018, 02:55:00 PM »

Well Capn Luther my comment regarding David Marks stands. Oh, and I'm not really that old pal.

It may stand, but has been proven incorrect by the fact that responses show that there are people who ,in fact, DO care that a musician who played on the first four Beach Boys albums and on the reunion tour may or may not participate in a Beach Boys Q&A. Now if you had merely stated that YOU didn’t care , that’d have been a different story.  If anyone claims to speak for everyone they open themselves up to criticism if someone disagrees.

Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2018, 03:08:26 PM »

And we’re not pals.
[/quote]
I didn't use longevity, I simply stated the facts of my fandom. And you're right we are not pals
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2018, 04:16:13 PM »

By trying to claim (semi-) early fandom with your reference to first show, you’re appealing to longevity as some silly evidence of fandom. Credentials, you cutely called it. As if having seen your first show in nineteen-this topped someone whose first was nineteen- (or twenty-) that. But it’s certainly meant to imply that being there early somehow matters. Which a) it doesn’t and b) would indeed make you old.

At least you can rest comfortably in your mastery of message-board quoting. Except, awww.

It’s not a great day for you, real-name Gerry. But never fear, I’m sure legions of fans are clamoring to hear what you have to say over, y’know, a Beach Boy.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 04:18:37 PM »

Not actually true. If you read the Stebbins book, David was actually brought in with an eye towards replacing Al. His entrance soon after Carl left the road was largely coincidental.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2018, 04:34:19 PM »

Time to add “pal” to the Cap’s signature? Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2018, 04:37:25 PM »

Not actually true. If you read the Stebbins book, David was actually brought in with an eye towards replacing Al. His entrance soon after Carl left the road was largely coincidental.

This is correct

Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2018, 04:38:14 PM »

Well unlike you Luther I don't rate my days by how  things go on a Beach Boy message board.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2018, 04:45:30 PM »

I’m afraid you’re projecting. But I suppose now that your original point has been laughed down, you haven’t got much else to say. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, pal.

Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2018, 05:45:38 PM »

How ridiculous is it to say "does anybody really give a sh*t" about hearing from a guy who not only was IN THE BAND as they rose to fame, but lived and grew up with the Wilsons beginning in 1957, and saw, first hand how Brian developed his musical abilities, and directly participated in the genesis of the Beach Boys? It's like going to a concert in 1969 is somehow important but living with and rehearsing, touring, and recording with the Beach Boys is not? Hey I went to a concert in 1975, so I don't give a damn what Tony Asher has to say. Does that make sense? No.

BTW David and Carrie are just fine, talked to them right after this happened, and again today. Just a blip in their 20 years of being together. Love is an intense thing.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 05:49:22 PM by Jon Stebbins » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2018, 05:48:03 PM »

I mean how ridiculous is it to say "does anybody really give a sh*t" about hearing from a guy who not only was IN THE BAND as they rose to fame, but lived and grew up with the Wilsons beginning in 1957, and saw, first hand how Brian developed his musical abilities, and directly participated in the genesis of the Beach Boys? It's like going to a concert in 1969 is somehow important but living with and rehearsing, touring, and recording with the Beach Boys is not? Hey I went to a concert in 1975, so I don't give a damn what Tony Asher has to say. Does that make sense? No.

+1

Sending very best vibrations to David and Carrie during this time.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx