gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680771 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 12:15:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys 2021 Feel Flows World Tour Thread  (Read 344097 times)
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: June 06, 2021, 06:49:23 AM »

Sorry, but Stamos and McGrath jumping around the stage contributing next to nothing is atrocious. I wouldn't be able to sit through that. One this I will say...Bruce is very clearly looking his age....he seems like the befuddled old man at times.....maybe it's just me.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1151 on: June 12, 2021, 02:32:21 AM »

Beach Boys, Foreigner coming to Pensacola this fall for concerts at Saenger Theatre

https://eu.pnj.com/story/news/2021/06/11/beach-boys-foreigner-coming-pensacolas-saenger-theatre-fall/7656329002/

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1152 on: June 19, 2021, 03:11:31 AM »

Beach Boys coming to Great New York State Fair

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WHEC) — The Beach Boys are coming to The Great New York State Fair this summer.

The fair just announced the performance Wednesday.

If you want to see the show, the Beach Boys are booked for Saturday, Aug. 28 at 8 p.m.

All Chevrolet Music Festival concerts are free with $3 fair admission.

https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-york-news/beach-boys-coming-to-great-new-york-state-fair/6144032/?cat=565&fbclid=IwAR2XQT2c92W5TNt4oPUWZ-k7a-6Y263oYIbiQkhw642QJz7jv-9_8TRoIes

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 24, 2021, 12:20:03 PM »

Just saw that The Beach Boys are slated to perform at the rescheduled New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, which will be taking place for two weekends in October. The exact day/time TBD.
October is cooler than the usual time (April/May). However it’s Hurricane season…

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
pdas1996
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 28, 2021, 05:05:11 AM »

They'll be on the free stage at the Indiana State Fair on Friday August 20th.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: June 28, 2021, 12:04:30 PM »

Next will be special guests Right Said Fred

I'm surprised Mike hasn't worked that song into his setlists:

Mike: "I'm too sexy for my hat, too sexy for my hat..."
Bruce: "I'm too sexy for my shorts, too sexy for my shorts..."
Mike: "I'm too sexy for my rings, too sexy for my rings..."
Bruce: "I'm too sexy for my mic stand, too sexy for my mic stand..."

Crowd:

Hey Craig, I'm fairly sure that's me doing the thumbs down but I can't remember where it was! I think Smile Brian will back me up on this.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 29, 2021, 10:20:12 AM »

That’s OSD at the turkeyville state fair! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 29, 2021, 02:31:30 PM »

That’s OSD at the turkeyville state fair! Grin

LOL LOL LOL Yeah, and the show was a real turkey as well!  Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 15, 2021, 10:02:21 AM »

Just announced - Beach Boys at New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival Friday, October 15.
Cowsills also performing that day.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 19, 2021, 07:31:24 AM »

Very exciting news!!!

New setlists have included HCTN, Feel Flows, and Add Some Music!!!!!! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Cant wait to see videos and hear the songs in person
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 19, 2021, 07:32:38 AM »

HOLY sh*t! Here is ITS ABOUT TIME!! How cool!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtkF6X2fV2U
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1161 on: July 19, 2021, 11:35:00 AM »

HOLY sh*t! Here is ITS ABOUT TIME!! How cool!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtkF6X2fV2U

Kudos for playing this one (and for proving me wrong with my guesses over which songs from Sunflower/Surf's Up they will play)!
That song definitely needs some Humbuckers, though! Vocally - judging from the video - it's quite weak, not a very good one for Christian Love, I guess. But again, it's nice that they are playing songs like this.

- Jack Rieley
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 20, 2021, 04:19:57 AM »

It's about time is a great song. Dennis really did a great job writing that one and Carl of course did a great job singing it. Christian love doesn't do it justice but I think the band played it fairly well. If you notice the crowd looks like really indifferent, almost confused,, like " what the heck song is this they're playing?"
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 20, 2021, 12:28:39 PM »

Well I sure wish we had a Soundboard of this BUT here we go our take of Its About Time 19 Mins 40 Secs in
Great to play (especially if you are the Drummer  LOL)
End part of our Sunflower Suite from a couple of years ago - Shame its a little low-fi (so crank up the headphones)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR6qTXSI8gQ
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 12:43:55 PM by Rob Dean » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1164 on: July 20, 2021, 12:57:19 PM »

It's about time is a great song. Dennis really did a great job writing that one and Carl of course did a great job singing it. Christian love doesn't do it justice but I think the band played it fairly well. If you notice the crowd looks like really indifferent, almost confused,, like " what the heck song is this they're playing?"

Except the member who is holding up the Sunflower album  Smiley

- Jack Rieley
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 21, 2021, 11:02:39 PM »

Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it'll last long. On the "Wild Honey" tour, they briefly trotted out "Aren't You Glad" and the title track, but they disappeared after a few shows. Same thing happened to "All I Wanna Do" a few years ago.

The band sounds tight on "It's About Time". It's not suited for Christian's voice, though. Give it to Cowsill.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1166 on: July 23, 2021, 01:05:14 AM »

The Beach Boys take the stage at the Youngstown Foundation Amphitheatre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vp_IYwCn3o

- Jack Rieley
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 23, 2021, 02:43:41 AM »

The ML&BJ tour usually attracts the crowds more inclined towards the surf and car classics. To be fair, ML has cultivated this image since the late 70s by ensuring their legacy for many is of that period of the BB musical legacy. It then becomes anachronistic to trot out counterculture songs like It's About Time when the casual listener and conservative county fair crowds have come to expect Little Deuce Coupe.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 23, 2021, 05:54:09 AM »

Sadly, I agree with you, I would venture to say that the vast majority, probably 90% or more of those  in attendance, had never heard It's About Time, or Feel Flows for that matter, nd were likely lookin at each other like "what's this, Where's Little Duece Coup!"
twentytwenty
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 23, 2021, 07:07:50 AM »

The ML&BJ tour usually attracts the crowds more inclined towards the surf and car classics. To be fair, ML has cultivated this image since the late 70s by ensuring their legacy for many is of that period of the BB musical legacy. It then becomes anachronistic to trot out counterculture songs like It's About Time when the casual listener and conservative county fair crowds have come to expect Little Deuce Coupe.

I mean it's not that weird to be honest, the car and surf songs era basically were their only successful period wasn't it? Didn't Sunflower like sell 1000 copies or something?
lastofmykind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: July 23, 2021, 10:23:25 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u32_8YzmJUg

A pretty decent crowd shot video of Feel Flows, Christian does a fine job on the lead here, and the band does a damn fine job!  Loved seeing this.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1171 on: July 23, 2021, 10:42:23 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u32_8YzmJUg

A pretty decent crowd shot video of Feel Flows, Christian does a fine job on the lead here, and the band does a damn fine job!  Loved seeing this.

Definitely better than his singing on "It's about Time".
All in all a good performance if we consider that this was probably their first time performing it live. It still feels a little stiff imo. But it will get better the more they play it. Not close to Brian, Blondie and Al's performances though, but that is to be expected, I guess.

- Jack Rieley
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 23, 2021, 05:27:15 PM »

Christian did an OK job on feel flows certainly better than he did on it's about time, still he sounds a bit flat on feel flows at times. Something about his voice that I just don't dig.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 23, 2021, 05:57:49 PM »

Christian did an OK job on feel flows certainly better than he did on it's about time, still he sounds a bit flat on feel flows at times. Something about his voice that I just don't dig.

I've never understood the comparisons to Carl's singing voice. Frankly, I preferred when Bruce just took lead on GOK.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 24, 2021, 07:10:59 PM »

I mean it's not that weird to be honest, the car and surf songs era basically were their only successful period wasn't it? Didn't Sunflower like sell 1000 copies or something?
And Pet Sounds was a commercial flop.
The Beach Boys never had hit songs with anything that wasn't surfing, cars, or bikini clad girls.
It's sad that the general public never warmed up to God Only Knows, When I Grow Up to Be a Man, In My Room, and Warmth of the Sun.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx