gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:07:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys 2021 Feel Flows World Tour Thread  (Read 343724 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1125 on: May 18, 2021, 07:43:48 AM »

The Beach Boys, 311 Named First Acts to Play at The Ledge

The Beach Boys will be making an appearance in central Minnesota to play at The Ledge amphitheater on August 11th.

https://wjon.com/the-beach-boys-311-named-first-acts-to-play-at-the-ledge/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral&fbclid=IwAR0-7Z2D2WXQPbt3BdCFrCkD_iIMqItRaU_I89IMMmMfOLS9adL_Dohz-KY

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1126 on: May 18, 2021, 11:13:56 AM »

Lead singer of The Beach Boys, Mike Love, previews upcoming concert at Petco Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HGhm9IjyZ0

Beach Boys To Play At Petco Park Memorial Day Weekend

Mike Love from the Beach Boys joins FOX 5 to talk about their upcoming show at Petco Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReY79AHaD-I

Anyone know from when the footage is from? Looks like some time during the 80s but not while Dennis was alive and not '85.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
positivemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 18, 2021, 05:35:06 PM »

Lead singer of The Beach Boys, Mike Love, previews upcoming concert at Petco Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HGhm9IjyZ0

Beach Boys To Play At Petco Park Memorial Day Weekend

Mike Love from the Beach Boys joins FOX 5 to talk about their upcoming show at Petco Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReY79AHaD-I

Anyone know from when the footage is from? Looks like some time during the 80s but not while Dennis was alive and not '85.

You know, I can understand Stamos' participation, even if Mike's presentation hams it up pretty badly, but why McGrath!?
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 19, 2021, 05:01:45 AM »

Totally agree....Stamos is bad enough, but McGrath? hat's the point? I was hoping, and still am hoping, that since the name and brand were sold, stuff like this would end.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 19, 2021, 06:49:44 AM »

Next will be special guests Right Said Fred
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 19, 2021, 09:01:08 AM »

Add to that you call it the Feel Flows tour and don’t add a single song from Surf’s Up or Feel Flows i saw itself yet you need to perform Pisces Brothers for what seems like the 100 millionth time and Here Comes the Sun..... I love George Harrison but come on Mike you hung out with him for 2 days 40 years ago lol
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 19, 2021, 10:33:53 AM »

US date/venue change: The July 30 show at Saint Charles, MO in the Family Arena is now listed on Mike's site as Camdenton, MO at the Ozarks Amphitheater.

America was supposed to appear at St. Charles along with M&B, but their website doesn't show any tour dates starting before August. Ticketmaster and the Family Arena still have the St. Charles show listed for now.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1132 on: May 19, 2021, 12:56:32 PM »

Next will be special guests Right Said Fred

I'm surprised Mike hasn't worked that song into his setlists:

Mike: "I'm too sexy for my hat, too sexy for my hat..."
Bruce: "I'm too sexy for my shorts, too sexy for my shorts..."
Mike: "I'm too sexy for my rings, too sexy for my rings..."
Bruce: "I'm too sexy for my mic stand, too sexy for my mic stand..."

Crowd:

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Occasional grilled cheese
Smiley Smile Associate

Quickly Duncan, the strengths!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1133 on: May 19, 2021, 06:30:56 PM »

The Beach Boys, 311 Named First Acts to Play at The Ledge

The Beach Boys will be making an appearance in central Minnesota to play at The Ledge amphitheater on August 11th.

https://wjon.com/the-beach-boys-311-named-first-acts-to-play-at-the-ledge/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral&fbclid=IwAR0-7Z2D2WXQPbt3BdCFrCkD_iIMqItRaU_I89IMMmMfOLS9adL_Dohz-KY

It's pretty wild seeing these bands sharing this headline. If this was like five years ago I totally would've tried to make a trip out of seeing both of these opening shows at The Ledge. A few years back though, after 29 shows, I kinda lost interest in 311. If i take that away then its just another Mike and Bruce show, which they'd probably have to actually say they were gonna play deep Feel Flows box stuff for me to travel like that for.

Edit: looks like these shows arent as back to back as I originally understood, but for what it's worth I saw Mark McGrath do a jarring surprise guest appearance during a big 311 show in 2016. The gift no one asked for and the most awkward thing I've seen on stage at one of their shows by far. Theres not much overlap in fanbases here I'm sure, but I think we can all agree that a few more originals in a setlist would be preferred to a McGrath timeslot for either band.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 02:08:46 PM by Occasional grilled cheese » Logged

Try Q-Z-2-U-H
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 20, 2021, 04:15:03 AM »

London show cancelled - and unlike Brian's show, no replacement date

We regret to inform you that the The Beach Boys shows at The Royal Albert Hall have been cancelled.

Statement:“Due to continuing restrictions on international travel and public gatherings The Beach Boys’ performances scheduled for 11 and 12 June 2021 at the Royal Albert Hall, London, will not take place. Sadly it has proved impossible to reschedule them and therefore the shows have been cancelled”

Refunds will be issued automatically back to the account you used when making the purchase. As part of the refund process we will be in touch again when The Beach Boys announces their next plans.

For now, keep safe, keep healthy and look after each other.

Your friends at AXS
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 20, 2021, 09:25:54 AM »

Looks like the whole 2021 UK/European tour has been cancelled.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1136 on: May 27, 2021, 02:37:24 AM »

Saw this on Facebook:

- Jack Rieley
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 27, 2021, 01:16:11 PM »

Wow...That’s some ‘World Tour’.  Roll Eyes
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1138 on: May 28, 2021, 08:09:30 AM »

Just wondering again how the shows or the setlists will relate to the "Feel Flows" box set enough to brand the tour as such.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1139 on: May 28, 2021, 09:54:43 AM »

Just wondering again how the shows or the setlists will relate to the "Feel Flows" box set enough to brand the tour as such.

My guess (based on how their "Wild Honey" tour looked like):

- Disney Girls (1957) (that's a given)
- 'Til I die (they did play that a couple of times through the years)
- Feel Flows
(- possibly Don't go near the Water)

- Jack Rieley
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: May 28, 2021, 09:56:10 AM »

- Feel Flows

Let's not forget All I Wanna Do. I'd be highly surprised if Mike didn't play that one, considering he's done it a number of times in recent years, and also it's one of the true feathers in his cap from the FF era.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1141 on: May 28, 2021, 10:01:08 AM »

- Feel Flows

Let's not forget All I Wanna Do. I'd be highly surprised if Mike didn't play that one, considering he's done it a number of times in recent years, and also it's one of the true feathers in his cap from the FF era.

You're right. For some reason I only focused on the "Surf's Up" album. So let me add to my list of guesses:

- 'Til I die
- Feel Flows

- Forever (this will be done, and Stamos will sing it every night)
- All I wanna do (as mentioned by CenturyDeprived)
- Add some Music (because of the recent re-recording)

So all in all this would definitely look more like a "Feel Flows"-tour than the "Wild Honey" tour looked like that. Of course they may change songs around so that not all the songs from the albums will be played the same night. That would take away from the mentioned look. Possibly they'll have "Disney Girls (1957)" and "Forever" in the set every night and then one or two of the other. I could imagine that.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 10:24:26 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 28, 2021, 01:32:50 PM »

I don't think you'll hear a single one of those (aside from the occasional "Disney Girls").

I saw the "Wild Honey" tour in 2017. The setlist included ONE song from the album...and it WASN'T "Wild Honey"!

"Feel Flows", when out of context, sounds like generic hippie/surfer lingo. I suspect there will be absolutely no mention of the tour name or its relevance whatsoever, and 95% of the audience at these shows won't care.
sloopjohnb72
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 28, 2021, 02:27:00 PM »

I don't think you'll hear a single one of those (aside from the occasional "Disney Girls").

I saw the "Wild Honey" tour in 2017. The setlist included ONE song from the album...and it WASN'T "Wild Honey"!

"Feel Flows", when out of context, sounds like generic hippie/surfer lingo. I suspect there will be absolutely no mention of the tour name or its relevance whatsoever, and 95% of the audience at these shows won't care.
They're adding Feel Flows to the setlist. And they've been doing Forever at almost every show
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: May 29, 2021, 01:12:15 PM »

When was it confirmed that "Feel Flows" is being added to the setlist?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1145 on: May 29, 2021, 01:40:54 PM »

The Beach Boys' Mike Love talks upcoming San Diego concert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWBJnLTQySk

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1146 on: May 30, 2021, 02:15:43 PM »

Here's a post show report:

The Beach Boys bring good vibrations to Petco Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ydY0REAfA

- Jack Rieley
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 30, 2021, 05:52:15 PM »

The Beach Boys' Mike Love talks upcoming San Diego concert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWBJnLTQySk

Tiny takeaway from the typical shlock is Mike not just speculating but confirming a TV Special/Documentary? in the works for next year.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: May 31, 2021, 09:26:21 PM »

Why would he "think" a doc is in the making.... should he not know 😂

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1149 on: June 05, 2021, 02:19:09 PM »

Beach Boys to perform in Grand Island
The Beach Boys are scheduled to perform on Sunday, August 1 at 4 p.m. at the Heartland Events Center.

https://www.ksnblocal4.com/2021/06/04/beach-boys-to-perform-in-grand-island/

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx